Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mariah Woods (3) was murdered by her mother's boyfriend

Mariah Woods (3) was murdered by her mother's boyfriend

http://abcnews.go.com/US/north-carol...ry?id=51425666

The girl was last seen on Sunday night when her mother put her to bed, according to ABC affiliate WCTI. The FBI is assisting state and local law enforcement in the case.

An amber alert has been issued for Mariah Woods from Jacksonville, North Carolina, soon after she was reported missing at approximately 6 a.m., according to Jacksonville Sheriff Hans Miller.
    Woods is described as a white female with brown hair and blue eyes, about 2 feet 9 inches tall and weighing 30 pounds.

?[Officials are] working everything that can be worked to find this little girl,? said Sheriff Miller.

Four volunteer fire departments, the Onslow County Sherriff?s Department and K9 unites conducted a search in the wooded area behind the girl?s home as well as surrounding wooded areas, WCTI reported. They also used a helicopter and drones to aide in the search.

?We don?t know what happened. It?s entirely premature to try to determine what happened,? said Sheriff Miller.

Officials have interviewed both Woods? mother and her live-in boyfriend and conducted a search of their home and vehicle, WCTI reported. The Onslow County Sheriff?s Department is also asking neighbors in the area to check their yards, sheds and other areas for any evidence of a little girl.
    http://www.wral.com/missing-3-year-o...unty/17144227/

Mariah's mother said she put the child to bed at their home at 2404 Dawson Cabin Road in Jacksonville on Sunday night and called the sheriff's office around 6 a.m. Monday to report her missing.

Woods said she last saw her daughter at about 11 p.m. Sunday and her boyfriend last saw the toddler at about midnight, when she woke up and he told her to go back to bed.
    A family friend says the girl wears orthopedic braces on both feet and has trouble walking without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is a FB group talking about her missing and some are throwing shade towards the mom:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1764338323589815/about/

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

It's not unheard of for little kids to get out of bed and sneak outside (I know of people this has happened to). But this kid needs leg braces to walk, which I doubt she can put them on herself. Were they left at the house?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Here is a FB group talking about her missing and some are throwing shade towards the mom:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1764338323589815/about/
    Call me cynical, but I always throw shade at the parents (or one of them) when a young kid goes missing. If they prove me wrong, fine, but they usually don't.

Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

Sorry. Mom. Boyfriend. Child with a disability. Shitty little mobile home in the woods.

They did it.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Mariah Woods (3) missing from Onslow County, NC since 11/27/17

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amber-a...-mariah-woods/

Officials issued an Amber Alert Monday as the FBI joined the search for a 3-year-old girl with an orthopedic leg problem who disappeared from her North Carolina home Sunday night.

In an interview with CBS affiliate WNCT Mariah Woods' mother Kristy pleaded for her daughter to be returned safely.

"I'll do anything that I can, whatever you want, just bring her home please safe and sound," Woods said. "She's my baby, she's my everything." Woods said she woke up Monday morning and noticed her daughter was missing from her bedroom in the family's Jacksonville home. She said the last time she saw her daughter was around 11 p.m. Sunday when she went to check on her.

Family members said there was no sign of forced entry or anything wrong with Mariah's room but did say the back door was unlocked. Once they realized Mariah was missing, Woods and her live-in boyfriend called authorities.

Family members said the girl has an orthopedic leg problem, causing her left leg to wobble as she walks. Mariah's grandmother said due to her granddaughter's walking issues, she can't imagine her wandering off.

The family also said Mariah would not have left with a stranger. The sheriff's office checked with Mariah's biological father but said he does not have the girl.The girl's two older brothers were in the house when Mariah disappeared.

Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller told the station that crews spent all day searching Jacksonville for the girl. The FBI has deployed special agents to aid in the search, a spokesperson for the FBI's Charlotte office told CBS News.

"That includes the FBI's Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team or CARD team. FBI CARD Team members are highly trained and experienced experts on missing children cases," Shelley Lynch, the spokeswoman said.

Mariah's mother describes her as their "little angel," with a goofy, outgoing and talkative personality."

Mariah Woods is a about 2 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 30 pounds. She has blond hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information about the child's whereabouts is asked to call 911 or the Onslow County Sheriff's Office Investigations Division at 910-989-4070 or Crime Stoppers at 910-938-3273. Information can also be anonymously texted via Text-A-Tip by typing TIP4CSJAX and your message to 274637 (CRIMES).
    Moms FB: https://www.facebook.com/kristy.k.woods
    Boyfriends FB: https://www.facebook.com/earl.kimrey.7
    Bio Dad: https://www.facebook.com/alex.woods.1004837

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Sorry. Mom. Boyfriend. Child with a disability. Shitty little mobile home in the woods.

They did it.
    Yeah if she had trouble walking I don't think she left on her own.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

There is a thread for this already here: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...r-Alert-issued

Liv, can we merge the two? Thanks!

Ugh and I even did a search first.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DaniNYC212 View Post
    Ugh and I even did a search first.

Thanks!
    The search function here isn't the best. We usually recommend to google a name and add mydeathspace after it, and it should come up if it's on here. Anyway, no worries, we've all double posted things! Thanks for all the FB pages, I suck at finding them!

Yeah if she had trouble walking I don't think she left on her own.

They did it.
    Yeah, it makes me think of the Haleigh Cummins case a little bit. And the braces really make me doubt that she wandered away.

http://abc7chicago.com/amber-alert-m...r-old/2703761/

Dad skeptical of missing 3-year-old's disappearance; mom desperate to find her

Her biological father Alex Woods told WCTI 12 Tuesday that he found out his daughter was missing when the Amber Alert was issued and he hasn't seen her for about a year. He said he doesn't believe his daughter was abducted.

"Someone just walked right up in there, grabbed the 3-year-old out of the bed and she didn't cry, she didn't scream?" Alex Woods said. "Nobody heard anything? Four people in the house, two adults and two kids, someone just comes up and snatches the baby and walks out?"

ABC News reports that her mother reached out to the public in an emotion-filled plea Monday.

"Please, bring her back ... She's my baby, she's my everything," said Kristy Woods in a press conference. "(I) just want to be able to touch her and hold her and not let her go again. I'd give anything."

They said she wouldn't have gone w a stranger and a 3yr old's screams would have been heard. Every time I hear about these scenarios I always sus the family esp the 'live in boyfriend'.

Ugh, I really hope they find her okay.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, it makes me think of the Haleigh Cummins case a little bit.
    I think about that poor girl often. Her family is a mess.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...469507057&_rdr

Sorry for the double but I thought this was really interesting.
    What screws us up most in life,is the picture in our heads of how it's supposed to be..

I highly doubt the walmart sighting is her.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/29...ina-child.html

The FBI joined the search for the girl Tuesday. As part of the investigation, the agency released three photographs of an unknown woman and a young girl in a Walmart in Morehead City, about 40 miles east of the girl's home.

The FBI requested the public's help in identifying the woman and child in the photos.

The girl's biological father, Alex Woods, who does not live with the child or her mother, questioned the kidnapping story.

Alex Woods, who said he has been involved in custody issues with Kristy Woods, said her explanation of what happened is unbelievable.

"Someone just walked right up in there, grabbed the 3-year-old out of the bed and she didn't cry, she didn't scream?" Woods told WCTI-TV in New Bern Tuesday. "Nobody heard anything? Four people in the house, two adults and two kids someone just comes up and snatches the baby and walks out?"
    ETA: after I posted I found another link where the FBI has already said it is not her.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/29...-fbi-says.html

Surveillance photos not of missing North Carolina girl, FBI says

The FBI had released three photos earlier Wednesday of a blonde girl being held by a woman with dark hair at a Walmart in Morehead City, N.C. The bureau later clarified in a news release that the woman and child in the photos have nothing to do with the case of missing Mariah Woods.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    I have a sick “Ayla Reynolds” feeling about this.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

So the mother didn't put the baby down herself, which means she really doesn't know anything for sure about the timeline. I would like to know the last time she actually saw the little girl, alive and well.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/search-for-...home/495737278

On Wednesday, the sheriff, who was asked by the media if the family was cooperating, said, "Let me put it to you this way: we talked to them and they talked to us."

NBC Charlotte has learned more than 200 investigators have searched more than 100 acres in rural Onslow County, looking for Mariah.

The sheriff said, "Local state and federal agencies have conducted nearly 100 interviews and have followed more than 140 leads."

Here is a timeline of the events:

The mother's boyfriend told police he put Mariah to bed around midnight Monday. The next morning, the mother reported the little girl missing, an amber alert was issued and search teams were brought in to help.

On Tuesday, the FBI joined the search, bringing in helicopters, k-9s and a dive team. On Wednesday, surveillance photos released from Walmart in Morehead City, believed to show Mariah with a woman, turned out not to be the missing girl.

nvestigators called on residents in the southwest Verona area of Onslow County to join the search. People were being asked to check sheds, barns and wooded areas near their homes.

There was also a $2,500 reward posted for information.

As officials and investigators in Onslow County moved into Day 4 of the search for Mariah Kay Woods, 3, focus was shifted to a creek off U.S. Highway 17, just a few miles from where the child was last seen.
    You can watch the search live at the link. Some people on WebSleuths are saying that the ME arrived.
    http://www.wral.com/news/video/17152047/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mariah-...carolina-girl/

Mariah Woods missing: FBI tests "items of interest" in search for N.C. girl, 3

FBI supervisory special agent Stanley Meador said "items of interest" in the case were being tested at the FBI lab in Quantico, Va. and that the lab test results would be prioritized. He would not say what the items were, where they were recovered or whether they were found in the child's home.

Meador said the tests would determine whether the items have anything of evidentiary value that may lead investigators to the girl. He said investigators are aiming to speak with all of the girl's neighbors in order to help solidify a timeline of the disappearance.

Family members said there was no sign of forced entry or anything wrong with Mariah's room but did say the back door was unlocked,
    Miller wouldn't address Wednesday whether anyone in the family was suspected in the disappearance. Meador said Thursday the family is cooperating with the investigation. The FBI has asked for anyone who had contact with the family on Sunday or Monday to contact authorities.

The girl's biological father, Alex Woods, who does not live with the child or her mother, told WCTI-TV in New Bern Tuesday he did not believe his daughter was abducted. Woods said he is also the father of Mariah's two brothers, who were in the home when the girl disappeared.
    Local and federal authorities have been tight-lipped on details pertaining to the investigation. Miller hasn't said how he believes the child went missing, but said investigators aren't ruling out any possibilities, including that she was abducted or wandered off.

Live in boyfriend was arrested. Mariah is now a recovery process

The Onslow County Sheriff?s Office and the FBI made an arrest late Friday in connection to the disappearance of Mariah Kay Woods, 3, missing since Monday. They charged 32-year-old Earl Kimrey with concealing a death, among other charges, although Mariah has not been found.
    As authorities search for missing girl, shift focuses to nearby creek

Kimrey, who was in the Onslow County Detention Center on $1 million bond, faces charges concealing a death, obstruction of justice, second-degree burglary, larceny and possession of stolen property. It was not immediately clear what, if any, relationship he had to the missing child.

In a statement issued just before 2:30 a.m. on Saturday, the sheriff's office said that information gathered in the search for Mariah led authorities to believe she is dead, although no body has been recovered.

"At this time, the location of Mariah is unknown. The searches will now shift to a recovery process," the statement said.
    http://www.wral.com/man-arrested-mar...dead/17156154/

They did it.
    Yep. Spot on.

Plus fb profiles with tons of happy couple pics = guilty af.

I hate people. This is too cruel.

I kinda figured this. Kid goes missing after step parent/boyfriend/girlfriend of biological parent is last to see them. No big epiphany here. Just very sad. This is why i will never remarry. I don't trust anyone with my son.

Body of 3-year-old Mariah Woods found in Pender County - WCTI

http://www.wcti12.com/news/local-new...unty/666356564
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 12-02-2017 at 04:19 PM.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Goddamit I wonder if the mother knew what happened.

Thread Information