Thread: Rosemary Billquist (43) was shot by a neighbor while walking her dogs

Rosemary Billquist (43) was shot by a neighbor while walking her dogs

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/24/us/new...ter/index.html
    A woman walking her dogs near her western New York home was fatally shot Wednesday by a man who told police he mistook her for a deer.

Rosemary Billquist, 43, was hit by a bullet from a single-shot pistol fired by neighbor Thomas B. Jadlowski, said Sgt. Josh Ostrander of the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office.
    Jadlowski told investigators he was 200 yards from the victim when he fired.

When Jadlowski realized his grave mistake, he called 911.

Billquist was taken from the town of Sherman to a hospital in Pennsylvania where she was pronounced dead. Jadlowski, who has cooperated with authorities, has not been charged with a crime.

Jadlowski was emotional after the shooting, the sergeant said.

"I think he was in shock and disbelief. He was definitely having a hard time," he said.

The woman's widower told CNN that "she was an amazing person that would do anything for anyone."

Jamie Billquist said his wife of 27 years loved her two labs, Stella and Sugar.

She worked at a hospital in Jamestown for 25 years and volunteered at hospices and homes for the elderly, he said.

Ostrander said it was his understanding that Rosemary Billquist was probably on a neighbor's property when she was shot, apparently after sundown.

New York laws prohibit the hunting of deer after sunset, Ostrander said.

"It's the responsibility of the hunter, you have to know when sunset is," Sheriff Joe Gerace told CNN affiliate WIVB, "and plan your day so you can get out of woods before that time."

The cynical part of me wonders if these neighbors had issues in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

I'm not buying it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Remember, guns keep us safer and you can always tell who is a responsible gun owner because they will tell you they’re responsible.

Watch the news video at the link
    http://kxan.com/2017/11/24/hunter-sh...book_KXAN_News

It shows the crime scene tape and you see just how close to a house it was.

This guy may have been trying to shoot a deer, but his aim was directly at a house.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Watch the news video at the link
    http://kxan.com/2017/11/24/hunter-sh...book_KXAN_News

It shows the crime scene tape and you see just how close to a house it was.

This guy may have been trying to shoot a deer, but his aim was directly at a house.
    Was that her house or his?

I can't believe he hasn't been charged with anything. It wasnt an open field or heavily wooded area, it was a regular yard.

I have a family member who lives near woods, and hunters have been spotted on her property, I'm afraid this is going to happen to her.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I am convinced he shot her on purpose, with the idea that he would blame it on a hunting error. He knows he will probably get away with it in a heavy pro-hunting area. Hell, he hasn't even been charged with the obvious laws he broke at this point.

Cause deer look like people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Was that her house or his?

I can't believe he hasn't been charged with anything. It wasnt an open field or heavily wooded area, it was a regular yard.

I have a family member who lives near woods, and hunters have been spotted on her property, I'm afraid this is going to happen to her.
    The husband said the wife took the dogs in the field right beside their house. And he also said that he was alerted when he saw the ambulance pull up. He was able to ride with them, so I think the yellow house is their house.

The shooter did not have the property owners permission to hunt there. and it was after dark- which is an illegal time to hunt in NY. I think he was a poacher.

Here's a map of the area.

[IMG][/IMG]

Was she wearing a deer costume, WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Was she wearing a deer costume, WTF?
    This whole story is WTF/
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/27/cr...oman-for-deer/

Criminal charges being considered against Sherman hunter who mistook woman for deer

The Chautauqua County District Attorney is considering criminal charges against a Sherman man being investigated for fatally shooting a woman who was walking her dogs.

Thomas Jadlowski, 34, told investigators with the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office that he thought Rosemary Billquist was a deer when he opened fire. When he heard a scream, he ran to her, called 911 and put pressure on her wounds, investigators said. Investigators said the shooting occurred after sunset, a violation of state hunting regulations.

DA Patrick Swanson said Monday that he would be meeting with representatives from the sheriff's office and the state Department of Environmental Conservation during the day to discuss the case.

If criminal charges are filed against Jadlowski, Swanson said, they would be either second-degree manslaughter based on reckless conduct causing death or criminally negligent homicide. Second-degree manslaughter is a C-level felony with a maximum sentence of five to 15 years in prison. Criminally negligent homicide is an E-level felony with a maximum sentence of up to four years.

Swanson said he could not say whether the case would be brought before a grand jury, but that if it was, that information would not be made public until an arraignment.

A hunter who fatally shot a neighbor out walking her dogs after sunset but who claimed he mistook her for a deer was charged on Thursday with manslaughter and hunting after hours.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/thomas-...-manslaughter/

Thread Information