Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kristina French (53) was allegedly murdered by her grandson Logan Mott (15), and he tried to flee to Canada

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.3680892

Florida teen who tried to flee to Canada charged with second-degree murder in shooting death of grandmother

A Florida teen accused of killing his grandmother was held without bond on Wednesday after being charged as an adult with second-degree murder.

Logan Mott, 15, appeared in the Jacksonville courtroom one day after he was extradited from upstate New York.

Investigators say Mott shot 53-year-old Kristina French and buried her in the backyard of his Neptune Beach home. He then fled in her vehicle, according to an auto theft arrest warrant.

It is believed that Mott used his grandmother's debit card at an ATM on Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania, according to the station. In addition, "a vehicle matching the victim's car" was seen leaving the area.
    GFM for Kristina's funeral costs: https://www.gofundme.com/help-for-eric-mott

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/lo...bond/659783660

The judge denied bond for 15-year-old Logan Mott. Mott remains in isolation in the Duval County Jail.

“When you have a juvenile, you don’t want that juvenile to have other inmates who are potentially dangerous or angry to have contact with them, so you do typically keep them in isolation away from the other prisoners,” Action News Jax law and safety expert Dale Carson said.

The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office said Mott is "housed alone in an isolation cell for his safety."

JSO said "it’s not in the juvenile wing" and it’s "always subject to change for various reasons."

Officers said Mott does get three meals a day, use of the phone, visitation and rec time, like regular inmates.

But, according to police, Mott won’t get time in the "dorm" environment with other inmates.

“He will be allowed to go out, he’ll have communication with his lawyers, or perhaps his family,” Carson said.

Mott’s father is a jail corrections officer with JSO.

“The father will be reassigned so he won’t have regular contact,” Mott’s attorney, public defender Charlie Cofer, said. “That’s normal protocol here.”

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

As previously reported by First Coast News, Mott is being represented by a public defender. He is currently in an isolation cell for what is described as his own safety. He is expected to remain there until he is sentenced. His mother penned a letter regarding his medical treatment in jail. She says that his health, which includes diabetes, is deteriorating in his current prison conditions. “He says he is freezing which is a clear sign his insulin is not being controlled properly,” the mom wrote. “This is a serious medical issue and I will have no choice but to run it up the chain if I hear nothing back.”

She told First Coast News that she wants him in a juvenile facility. "Logan should be in a smaller juvenile facility where his medical needs can be monitored closely and he will have opportunity to interact. There's no need for 'protective custody' at a juvenile facility.” Mott's attorney also issued a statement about this: “I have previously discussed Logan’s medical issues with her. As the result of those conversations, I have had numerous discussions with the Director of the Jails about monitoring and handling Logan’s condition. I have also been meeting regularly with Logan, most recently yesterday evening. Due to Federal privacy laws, it would be inappropriate for me to discuss the actual monitoring and treatment for his condition.”

Mott is being charged as an adult which is why he is at Duval County jail.
    http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/tee...ads-not-guilty

Crime Analyst Mark Baughman, formerly JSO, says the uncomfortable cold conditions are often purposeful.

“Duval County is not meant to be the Holiday Inn or the Marriott. It’s still jail,” she said. “It’s for a reason, I’ve been in cold hospitals, it’s to stop the transmission of illnesses like the flu virus, they’re taking the same approach. I’ve been in Duval County jail many times, I know it is a strict, secure facility.”http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/c...jail/498265619

Poor baby is cold... His grandmother was cold too when he heartlessly killed her!

Thread Information