Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kristina French (53) was allegedly murdered by her grandson Logan Mott (15), and he tried to flee to Canada

Kristina French (53) was allegedly murdered by her grandson Logan Mott (15), and he tried to flee to Canada

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/lo...ered/652341468

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in locating a woman and a teen believed to be missing and endangered.

They are Logan Mott, 15, and Kristina French, 53. Police say they may be traveling in a silver, four-door Dodge Dart, Florida tag DLLT42.

A Florida Missing Child Alert has been issued for Logan by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

According to that alert, Logan was last seen in the 400 block of Seagate Avenue, where there is currently a heavy police presence of Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and Neptune Beach Police Department units.

Logan's mother Carrie Mott tells Action News Jax that French is Logan's grandmother. Neither she nor Logan's father have heard from them in at least 12 hours, but she said investigators are working to determine if it has actually been longer that the two have been missing.

She said she spoke to Logan on Sunday and that is the last time anyone has spoken to him. She said that Logan seemed to be in a good mood during that conversation.

Carrie Mott said Logan's father -- her ex-husband Eric Mott, who she says is a 17-year-veteran with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office -- was on vacation with his girlfriend and arrived back into the Jacksonville area Wednesday. She said Eric Mott and his girlfriend took an Uber ride home after they were not picked up at the airport by Eric's mother.

When they arrived at the Neptune Beach home, the door was open and the home had been ransacked and Eric Mott's guns were missing out of the gun safe, Carrie Mott said. The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office was called and they are treating the home as a crime scene, Carrie Mott said.

Jacksonville police also said that firearms are missing from a home associated with Logan and French, so the car or the individuals should not be approached if encountered. Instead, people are asked to call 911 immediately.

Logan is described as having brown hair, brown eyes, is 5 feet, 9 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds. French is described as having blond hair, blue eyes and is 5 feet 4 inches tall. Carrie Mott said her son is insulin-dependent and he does not have his insulin pump.

Anyone who has any information in reference to the location of either of them and who saw them or the vehicle anytime Wednesday, or in the last three days, is asked to contact the JSO at 904-630-0500 or email JSOCrimeTips@jaxsheriff.org. To remain anonymous and receive a possible reward up to $3,000, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

They are treating the scene as a crime scene, and he's insulin dependant and without his pump. This doesn't sound like it's going to end well.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Totally not very relevant, but holy crap you can tell they're related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/mother...remain-missing

Questions surround disappearance of 15-year-old, grandmother-Mother begs for answers, sends message of love to missing son

Logan and French were reported missing Wednesday after they failed to show up at the airport to pick up Logan's father, who is a Jacksonville Sheriff's Office corrections lieutenant.

Campbell-Mott said she and her ex-husband have since learned that Logan, a Sandalwood High School student, missed school Monday and Tuesday. The last time Campbell-Mott spoke to her son was Sunday night, she told News4Jax.

Campbell-Mott, who lives in Missouri, said Logan has Type I diabetes, and he will die without insulin.

“If you have taken them, we are begging you to return Logan and Kristina,” she wrote on Facebook. “Please. Don't let my baby die.”

After Logan and French didn't show up at the airport, Logan's father and his father's girlfriend, who had been on vacation since Nov. 11, took an Uber to his Seagate Avenue home and found the door ajar, the house ransacked and all his firearms missing.

Campbell-Mott said neither Logan nor French has been answering their phones, which is completely out of character for both.

“Logan is smart and strong, and he's so brave. He's handled his diabetes better than most adults,” she wrote. “Logan's got this big heart, and he's incredibly sensitive to those he loves.”

Campbell-Mott said Kristina, a therapist at May Institute in Orange Park, wasn't at work Monday or Tuesday, either, and the family is desperate to know what happened to the pair.

“Kristina loves Logan dearly, and Logan loves her just as much. Kristina has a heart of gold and would help anyone. Kristina sees the good in people, the potential in people, and she never judges,” Campbell-Mott wrote. “We know Kristina would fiercely protect Logan.”

Along with the home on Seagate Avenue, which remained surrounded by crime scene tape Friday, police also investigated a home on South Nipigon Avenue in Mayport where French had recently moved. A mobile crime scene command center was seen at the Seagate Avenue property Friday.

She said Logan's loved ones have called every hospital, every friend and every person they could think of, trying to get the word out.

Her Facebook plea included a message to Logan about how much his family loves him.

“No matter what has happened we will always love you,” she wrote. “We will always stand by your side. We will always be looking. No matter what. All of us. Your dad, your cousins, your aunts, uncle, grandma, grandpa, friends. We will never stop. Logan Mott you are good and kind and extraordinary, and we all miss you so much. My son, I love you more than you could ever imagine.”
    Her FB message makes me wonder if she thinks her son did something to his Grandmother and is in hiding/on the run.

Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

Looks like I may have been correct. Little fucker.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/mobile...s/77-494444290

BODY FOUND, POLICE SAY MISSING TEEN LOGAN MOTT IS ARMED & DANGEROUS

The body of a missing grandmother is believed to have been found by police Friday in the backyard of her son’s home, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

On Friday, authorities excavated the grave and discovered a body that matched the description of French. However, police said they are waiting on the autopsy to confirm the body's identity.

Police said Logan Mott is still missing and they believe he is still alive. JSO said police have video surveillance of a person matching his description and a car similar to the one missing last seen in south central Pennsylvania Thursday.

Logan Mott is considered a person of interest in the case. Police believe he has packed enough insulin packs to last him several weeks.

Thursday, JSO also released a recent photo of Logan Mott, saying his hair is now cut very short.

Police believe he is armed and dangerous. They say extreme caution is advised.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...flee_to_Canada

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...sing/494444290
    Police said Logan Mott remains missing and they believe he is still alive. JSO said they have video surveillance from south central Pennsylvania of a person matching his description, in a car similar to the missing Dart.

Logan Mott is considered a person of interest in the case. Police stopped short of calling him a suspect, but said in a press conference Friday "we need to talk to him about what happened in the house."

Logan Mott's mother, Carrie Campbell-Mott, told First Coast News that the boy has had some has had trouble adjusting in recent months after transferring away from his friends at Fletcher Middle School and entering Sandalwood High School.

She raised concerns in recent days that the diabetic teen might not have access to his needed insulin. Police now think he has packed enough insulin packs to last him several weeks.

In an emotional Facebook post Friday morning, Campbell-Mott pleaded for her son's safe return.

Following the JSO press conference announcing the discovery of the body, she wrote:

"It is already being reported that a female body has been found buried on the property. They have not confirmed if it is Kristina but they believe it is her. The detective says they have not found Logan and they have no idea what has happened.

We need to locate Logan immediately.

Please be respectful of us at this point. Please do not give out our local address. We have small children in our home and we are devastated so please give us space."

Police advise anyone who sees Logan Mott to contact law enforcement and not to approach or interact with him.
    Last edited by Olivia; 11-27-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Wow, an actual still-shot/photo of the predictable appearance-altering haircut taking place...? Nice. I really don't think I have ever seen that before.

Wonder if it was taken from a live video that he shot of himself or maybe from a security camera that's inside the barbershop/hair place-?

It’s said his dad made him shave his head as a dare a few weeks ago.

The father actually made his son shave his hair off? If that wasn't done as some sort of punishment or because of lice, why

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    The father actually made his son shave his hair off? If that wasn't done as some sort of punishment or because of lice, why
    The mom didn't even know he shaved his head until somebody posted the picture on her facebook. It was said that his head was shaved because of a dare.
    Seems like it was totally out of character for him. Mom seemed shocked.

[IMG][/IMG]

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/logan-m...mothers-found/

Missing teen caught trying to enter Canada after body believed to be grandmother's found

Logan Mott, the 15-year-old from Florida who was reported missing earlier this week, was caught Friday night trying to enter Canada, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said.

Logan Mott has been detained by U.S. Customs and a Border as he tried to enter Canada from the Buffalo, NY area. A big thank you to everyone for sharing and helping us get #LoganMott detained quickly. pic.twitter.com/OHNXqGU9ap
    — Jax Sheriff's Office (@JSOPIO) November 25, 2017
    Lendvay said authorities are in the process of obtaining an arrest warrant for Mott on auto theft charges. He said police want to interview Mott to find out what happened in the home.

I'm confused...why exactly would she file a complaint with the ACLU? He has a lawyer, and they don't have to give her access to him or tell her what is going on. Is that what she is trying to do, or did I miss something?

https://www.news4jax.com/news/what-s...mother-s-death

What's next for Neptune Beach teen sought in grandmother's death

Logan Mott, 15, was detained by U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents about 7 p.m. after trying to enter Canada from the Peace Bridge near Buffalo, New York, according to the Sheriff's Office.

"Officers at the Peace Bridge encountered Logan Mott who had made a wrong turn onto the bridge," U.S. Customs and Border Protection public affairs liaison Aaron Bowker said. "During the primary inspection, officers became aware that Mr. Mott was subject of a warrant for grand theft auto out of Florida."

Bowker told reports at a press conference Saturday that Mott "had no idea where he was going."

"The only thing I have from the initial inspection was that it was a normal inspection at the border that we encounter. We encounter wrong turns all the time," Bowker said. "Obviously, he’s underage, but, believe it or not, that happens all the time as well."
    "Mott has been detained and is currently being held by the Buffalo Police Department on the grand theft auto warrant," Bowker said. "CBP is working closing with the Buffalo Police Department and Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office to further their investigation."

Mott’s mother, Carrie Campbell-Mott, told News4Jax that detectives flew up to meet him Saturday morning, but she’s not sure exactly how to get to him. She added that she has filed a complaint with the ACLU.

"I've emailed and left voicemails with the Buffalo Border Patrol with no response," Campbell-Mott said. "The detective who has been working the case has not answered my texts or calls since last night. A detective told me last night he was flying out today."

News4Jax spoke with criminal defense attorney Reid Hart about what Mott can expect moving forward.

Hart said the active investigation is confidential and there is no requirement for authorities to notify parents of anything.

“My understanding is that (the) JSO is going up in an attempt to speak with him to the extent that he is going to be willing to speak with them. Obviously, he will have the right to remain silent if he so chooses,” Hart said.
    “I would expect that he is going to be prosecuted as an adult, especially just based on how the events unfolded with finding her in the shallow grave in the backyard,” Hart said. “If he is charged as a juvenile, they only have authority to hold him until he is 19. The state will typically charge as an adult just for purposes of sentencing.”

Mott can waive or fight extradition back to Florida. No information was given regarding a timetable for his return.

“That type of information is exceedingly confidential, even when somebody is moved within the state of Florida,” Hart said. “Family, attorneys, no one is giving any sort of notice or has any knowledge as far as when that is going to happen.”

Hart said Mott could be back in Florida within the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm confused...why exactly would she file a complaint with the ACLU? He has a lawyer, and they don't have to give her access to him or tell her what is going on. Is that what she is trying to do, or did I miss something?

https://www.news4jax.com/news/what-s...mother-s-death

What's next for Neptune Beach teen sought in grandmother's death
    Sounds like mom is going to be one of THOSE moms.
    She's going to continue to make excuses for his actions. She already told one news station that Logan had behavior issues 2 years before this.

According to News 10, Logan’s mother said he’d been having problems in school. “He has had some problems over the last couple of years. It has just been a tough time for him transitioning from one school now to high school, and he is in the early college program and that’s really intense,” said told the television station.
    http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/logan-...lorida-father/

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Terrible.

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Sounds like mom is going to be one of THOSE moms.
    She's going to continue to make excuses for his actions. She already told one news station that Logan had behavior issues 2 years before this.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/logan-...lorida-father/
    Yeah, I was watching the local news last night, and she was on there saying that he had changed his type of insulin recently, and she thinks it gave him some type of psychosis because he changed brands or something.

Here is a quote from her:

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/lo...each/653112263

I'm pretty sure he can talk to them if he wants, and she can't do anything about it. If he asks for a lawyer, that's a different story. They said they wouldn't comment on what was found in the car at the border, which only makes me curious.
    Logan Mott's mom: "I was able to locate Logan in a faculty in NY and able to get a message to him that he is loved. Ofc have still not interviewed him & I refused to grant permission for him to be interviewed. We want to make sure he has proper representation.."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-person...ry?id=51390189

Teen 'person of interest' in grandmother's death denies involvement, lawyer says

"He adamantly denies any involvement in his grandmother's death and he's very upset about it," Dominic Saraceno, a lawyer hired by Mott's family, said. Saraceno said he spoke to Mott at the Erie County Youth Services Center, the detention center where is is being held on a grand theft auto warrant.

"My understanding is he has no history of crime, he's a 9th grade student, he's a good student, he's well-liked by his classmates. And the only type of medication that he is on is for juvenile diabetes," the lawyer said.
    Buffalo police said that seven investigators from Neptune Beach were in Buffalo today searching the vehicle that Mott was detained in.

As of Sunday evening, he had not been charged in the death of his grandmother, according to Buffalo police.

The boy's mother, Carrie Campbell-Mott, Saraceno said, does not believe he killed his grandmother.

"His mom is understandably very concerned," the lawyer said. "She does believe that he is not responsible, that he couldn't be capable of that type of crime."
    Well, that settles it then. Case dismissed. Does he and his mother expect us to believe his grandmother killed herself and buried her body in the backyard, and her ghost forced him to drive her stolen car to Canada?

Yeah, I was watching the local news last night, and she was on there saying that he had changed his type of insulin recently, and she thinks it gave him some type of psychosis because he changed brands or something.

Here is a quote from her:

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/lo...each/653112263

I'm pretty sure he can talk to them if he wants, and she can't do anything about it. If he asks for a lawyer, that's a different story. They said they wouldn't comment on what was found in the car at the border, which only makes me curious.
    Hubs frequently has his insulin changed (insurance company loves to change what they'll cover all the time) and I've never seen any reaction from his change other than he has to turn his dial up or down...depending on how strong it is.

High blood sugar can make a person crazy. If it gets really high, I can totally see it causing a person to act psychosis. BUT I really doubt they would be able to drive 1000 miles in a couple of days tho. Or if they would actually be able to take the time and dig a hole.

My theory- boy started to act out. Mom has a new marriage and new kids. Logan started to act up. Smart kid, etc...but just didn't fit in with her newfound life and probably didn't get along with stepdad. So she sends him off to his police/correction officer dad to whip him in shape. Dad decides the "hard love" approach is going to work. Logan had the nice, long flowing locks of hair....oops until dad makes him shave that hippie shit off. Shit goes from bad to worse. Dad goes on the trip with his girlfriend and made Logan stay with the babysitter AKA grandma. Grandma has to enforce the rules dad has already set for Logan previously from the bad behavior. She probably did something like take his video game away from him. He snapped.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-person...ry?id=51390189

Teen 'person of interest' in grandmother's death denies involvement, lawyer says

Well, that settles it then. Case dismissed. Does he and his mother expect us to believe his grandmother killed herself and buried her body in the backyard, and her ghost forced him to drive her stolen car to Canada?
    Get ready for it. Mom is fixing to sue everybody

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    So his change in insulin is the cause; however, he had enough forethought to take extra insulin with him after he murdered his grandmother, buried her in a shallow grave, stole a car, and tried to leave the country. Makes sense.

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-person..._headlines_hed

Teen who's person of interest in grandmother's death to appear in court, remains positively IDd

A 15-year-old boy who’s considered a person of interest in connection to the death of his grandmother is due in court today.

Logan Mott -- who was found Friday in Buffalo, New York, -- is set to appear for an extradition hearing in Erie County Family Court in New York at 2 p.m. ET today.
    There really wasn't a backyard for him to bury her in. I am surprised none of the neighbors saw him burying her.

So....Logan shot AND stabbed his grandma.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/prosecu...s-grandmother/

Border Patrol allegedly found three guns and a knife with what appeared to be blood on it in the car Mott was driving after they detained him on the Peace Bridge,
    and one other thing to note

An arrest warrant for murder, charging Mott as an adult, was issued by a Florida judge Tuesday.

"We didn't want to take a chance a family court judge would release the boy to his mother," said prosecutors. "Whatever delay tactic they want to take, all they're doing is keeping the guy in custody here in New York a little while longer."

WIVB reports that a judge ordered Mott held without bail, ruling that the teen is a flight risk.

Action News Jax obtained court filings from 2004 through June 2016. They show Mott's parents were embroiled in a lengthy custody battle.

In 2014, Mott told the Department of Children and Families that his father spanked him and left "heavy red marks on his body" and made him long distances, to the point he "threw up."

DCF said it would continue the investigation, and no further law enforcement action was requested.
    http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/lo...bbed/655677477
    Last edited by bermstalker; 11-30-2017 at 02:05 AM.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/neptun...york-courtroom

The 15-year-old boy accused of killing his grandmother at his Neptune Beach home will remain in a New York detention facility a few more days as a defense attorney mulls over whether or not to fight attempts to extradite him to Florida to face charges.

The body of 53-year-old Kristina French was wrapped in plastic and tape when it was found late last week buried in a shallow grave in the yard of a home where Logan Mott lived with his father, according to documents obtained by the I-TEAM.
    The guns found, including the weapon used to kill French, were taken from the home of Mott's father, authorities said.
    New York prosecutors said fighting extradition would merely be a delay tactic because Mott will eventually be returned to Florida, regardless. But if the defense fights extradition, the governors from both states have to get involved, and that could take up to 60 days.

"It gives the defense more time to think about how they want to handle the case," Flynn said after Wednesday morning's hearing. "It will obviously delay the proceedings in Florida because, if the young man is returned to Florida within 10 days, they'll arraign him down there, put him before the grand jury down there and the case will be moving forward in Florida. If you keep him up here for 60 days, that will delay the trial in Florida by two months."
    Mott's mother, Carrie Campbell-Mott, who lives in Missouri, arrived in New York on Tuesday. She told News4Jax that she is very concerned and cannot believe her son was involved in his grandmother's murder.

Mott‘s father, who is a lieutenant in the corrections division of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, did not travel to Buffalo, but had spoken to his son’s attorney.

"He is clearly upset. The father's in the conflicted situation where his son is accused of killing his mother," Saraceno said, adding that if he remains Mott's attorney in Florida, he would ask that the trial be moved out of Jacksonville due to Eric Mott's employment with the county.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sh-knives.html

The former nanny of the ninth-grader charged with murdering his grandmother claims she caught him walking around at night with a knife like a scene out of horror movie 'Halloween.'

Debbie Gallardo, 55, looked after Logan Mott, 15, for four months in 2012 while his father was at work and says she locked her bedroom door because she feared for her safety.

The mom-of-two claims Mott, then aged ten, had a stash of knives under his bed and says she once found him wandering slowly down the hallway clutching a 15-inch hunting blade.

She said: 'It was like Michael Myers when he was a little kid in the clown outfit. That is what first stuck in my mind when he came walking out.

'They are portraying him as not having any issues and it is alarming to me. I knew back then that there was something off with him. He just had this look at times.'

In social media photos obtained by DailyMail.com Mott is seen posing with a handgun and a shotgun.
    Debbie says Logan was 'well-mannered' when she first met him in February 2012 but on the second night of the job, a chilling encounter with the boy left her suffering nightmares.

Debbie, of Atlantic Beach, Florida, said: 'Logan was asleep and his dad had told me to leave the hall light on because he was afraid of the dark.

'I was sitting in the living room on my laptop watching Netflix or something, and it was about an hour into being there when I looked up.

'I saw Logan coming down the hallway wearing no shirt and boxers. He was carrying a knife like you would carry a torch.

'It was a hunting knife - large, but not a machete. The kind of knife you would use to skin a deer. The blade was a good 15 or 16 inches long and the end curled up.

'I was terrified. I said: "Logan, what are you doing?" He was walking very slowly. I said, "What are you doing?"

'He said: "Oh, I heard a noise." I said: "Where did you get that knife from? Put it on the table."

'There was a table to the left of him so he set it down. I said: "Are you awake?" He said: "Yeah, I heard something."

'He told me it was OK because the knife was his. I was like, "oh my gosh." I went in my bedroom that night and locked the door from then on.

'It was very scary for me to see a child with a knife that big. I was unnerved. I didn't know if he was in a trance, if he heard a noise or was trying to impress me.'

Debbie said she managed to get Mott back into bed and later told his dad about the incident. She claims he told her that the boy had his own knives, which he stored in a box under his bed.

She stayed in the job until that May, when Mott went to stay with his mother and says she felt relatively safe in the house afterwards knowing that his dad was a corrections officer.

People are insane. You LET the kid have a box of knives. You did NOTHING after he exhibited strange behavior. What an Asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Yeah, he wasn't getting into Canada through Buffalo. The Peace Bridge is a tough border to cross. You make one wrong movement there and they'll be all over you.

Good job, BPD, you finally got something right!
    I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns past statues that atone for my sins
    There's a guard on every door and a drink on every floor
    Overflowing with a thousand amens - Tom Petty

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...mothers-murder

Logan Mott set to return to Jacksonville to face murder charge

Logan Mott, the 15-year-old Neptune Beach boy charged with murder in his grandmother's violent death, said in New York court Friday morning that he would not fight being returned to Florida to face the charge.

That decision means the teen, who is currently housed at a juvenile facility in the Buffalo, New York, area could return to Florida as soon as 10 days from now to face criminal proceedings.

"Logan is frightened. He doesn't know what the future holds for him, but again, he's adamant that he had no involvement in his grandmother's death,” Mott's attorney, Dominic Saraceno, said.

Mott's hands were shackled by a chain around his waist as he walked into the courtroom Friday morning and smiled at his lawyer before listening intently and politely answering the judge, "Yes, sir," when asked if he understood he'll be returned to Florida.

The hearing lasted only 15 minutes.
    The teen's mother, Carrie Campbell-Mott, is concerned that her ex-husband has a conflict of interest because the victim is his mother, Saraceno said.

"Mother and father have a bit of a strained relationship, and father wants to hire his own attorney in Jacksonville," he said. "The problem is that creates conflict issues."

Thread Information