Thread: Haley Marie King (18)

Haley Marie King (18)

Haley Marie King

https://www.facebook.com/haleymarie.king?fref=ufi

Boyfriend: https://www.facebook.com/tyshawn.d.r...c_location=ufi

Haley Marie King, 18, of Piedmont, went to be with the Lord on November 19, 2017.

She is survived by her daughter, Sophia Marie Richardson; her siblings, Ethan Wood and Madelyn Grace Pitts; her mother Jaime Wood and step father Darren Pitts; her father, Kevin King; her grandmother Terri Wood; her grandparents Lindsey and Beverly King and many other family members who loved her dearly.

The visitation will be held on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. at The Palmetto Mortuary at 1017 Mauldin Road, Greenville, SC 29607 with services following at 12:00 p.m. Burial will be at Wood Memorial Park at 863 Gap Creek Road, Greer, SC 29651 Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.

In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to The Haley Marie King Memorial Fund at afsp.donordrive.com

omg her little girl is so beautiful.

I assume it was suicide due to the below eulogy.
    RIP Haley.

https://karfree.wordpress.com/2017/1...irl-who-lived/
    hi, my name is kari, and haley marie king was technically my second cousin, but so much more like a sister.

one of the last funerals we attended together, (and disclaimer, she was REALLY little when this happened) she whispered to me right before we walked in with the family line that she really had to use the bathroom and could not hold it. and, being the wonderful, understanding cousin that i am,

i told her to hold it.

the service dragged on, and when we finally stood up to leave i realized…

she wasn’t lying when she said she couldn’t hold it.

gotta love those fabric pews.

haley was a firecracker in human form. fiery, fierce, and those sparks and spunk that she rolled out of the womb with had me hooked from day one.

from her most iconic toddler line, “i don’t like you,” to her sassy dance moves and stubborn will that I’ve yet to meet anyone to match it, she was full of life and warm yellow light that poured out on the ones she loved so dearly.

Her sassy attitude and smart mouth probably got her in trouble as a toddler more times than the rest of us combined, but she was so ridiculously adorable she could get away with it. She had those perfect chubby cheeks–which she hated, but were so kissable–and I had to mourn their disappearance as she grew up into the beautiful woman she became.

i had the privilege of growing up alongside haley. i was five years older, but we were inseparable. we even got to live together for a year and it felt like a giant sleepover that i never wanted to end.

when people first met haley, they seriously thought she was shy…

*blink blink*

but that first impression didnt last long, because anyone who was around her for more than an hour knows that she was the most outgoing, hilarious person you’d meet. just so, so funny.

i think my favorite part of haley was watching her be a mom.

it was like she was born for this. her love for sophia was so raw and pure and i watched a teenager morph into an adult who absolutely cherished this little piece of heaven she held in her arms.

haley was the most resilient person i’ve ever known. she experienced trauma and so much heartbreak, but she kept breathing and smiling and living.

i went through a significantly dark time during high school and ultimately planned on ending my life. i have written in those journals that i kept that haley was my reason for holding on. i knew i had to stay here for her. and i made sure that years later she understood that she saved my life without ever even realizing it.

i have had a lot of thoughts about wishing i could have saved her too, and i think everyone here has reflected back on their relationship with haley and thought, what could i have done differently?

the fact that you are here says that you all have a little bit if “i want to save the world” in you.

i want you to know that it’s okay if you only save one person,

and it’s okay if that person is you.

the only reason i am able to go to sleep at night, is that i can rest in the fact that Haley finally knows and understands just how much she is loved.

she has come face to face with Love Himself, and i like to think she shyly looked at God

and he tackled her with a big bear hug, saying, “Welcome Home Child. i have been waiting so, so long for this. oh, how i love you.”

i think it is easy for us to focus right now on haley king as the girl who died. but i need you to remember

her lively spirit,

her contagious laughter,

her fierce loyalty,

her witty sense of humor,

her comforting words in times of trouble,

her zest for outdoors and hunting and fishing,

her warm hugs that you secretly wished would last forever.

i am begging you all to not remember haley as the girl who died,

but the girl who lived.

That is a beautiful eulogy.

Thread Information