Thread: Ryan Mitchell (30) hanged himself after he told a medical facility he was suicidal and they asked him to drive himself to another hospital

Ryan Mitchell (30) hanged himself after he told a medical facility he was suicidal and they asked him to drive himself to another hospital

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...other_hospital

Police in Waupun are looking for a missing/endangered man, last seen on Saturday morning, November 18th.

According to police, Ryan Mitchell could be driving a black, 2016 Ford Fusion with license plate: 276-YSM.

He was last seen around 7:40 a.m. Saturday ? wearing jeans, a dark jacket and a dark stocking cap.

Waupun police ask that anyone who sees Mitchell call 911.

http://fox6now.com/2017/11/20/waupun...urday-morning/
    Last edited by Olivia; 11-21-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    One of his friends posted the following on FB:
    *******UPDATE*******

Ryan has been found. He is no longer with us in body but may God let his spirit live on
    Someone else commented about his death:

it sucks that a hospital would release a potentially suicidal patient to drive himself to another facility.

Ugh

http://www.apg-wi.com/rice_lake_chro...55e195274.html

Barron County sheriff’s deputies responded Monday to the report of an unoccupied car in a church parking lot in Dallas that led to a search and the discovery of a dead man in the nearby woods.

Ryan J. Mitchell, 30, of Waupun, was found deceased in the woods from hanging about an hour into the search, said Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald.

Mitchell’s black Ford Fusion with the key in the ignition was found in the parking lot of the New Scandinavia Lutheran Church on Hwy. O.

Waupun police had been looking for Mitchell, who was considered a danger to himself and last seen on Saturday morning.

Poor Ryan. I wonder why the first hospital couldn't admit him?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

How awfully sad. He wanted help.

Waupun Memorial Hospital is a 25-bed hospital. They don't have a psychiatric unit.

Many rural areas have very limited ambulance availability. It's possible that he was told an ambulance could take him to another facility, but he'd have to wait several hours.

This just breaks my heart..I have a son who has already attempted suicide twice, and in the area we live in, the hospitals although containing fully functioning psych units each somehow still have bad reputations for letting people slip through the cracks and it scares the hell out of me :(

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster. They could have done something. They could have called somebody he knew, called the authorities about a person in danger, called another hospital with a pysch unit, they could have done something other than turn him away and leave him alone. You don't leave a suicidal person alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicPants View Post
    Hi all, long time lurker first time poster. They could have done something. They could have called somebody he knew, called the authorities about a person in danger, called another hospital with a pysch unit, they could have done something other than turn him away and leave him alone. You don't leave a suicidal person alone.
    That's what I was thinking. At least call a family member, friend....someone.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicPants View Post
    Whoa, slow down. You don't call the police when someone needs help.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    And you can't call a family member or friend if they don't want you to. HIPAA.

I blame politicians for this, not the small, rural hospital. We don't have the resources we need to care for people who need mental health services, especially in rural areas.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    And you can't call a family member or friend if they don't want you to. HIPAA.

I blame politicians for this, not the small, rural hospital. We don't have the resources we need to care for people who need mental health services, especially in rural areas.
    True...them and insurance companies who put a lifetime cap on mental health services.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Sad but so very, very true. I barely remember a time we used to be able to.

Poor soul... what a sad story. Shouldn't have happened for sure, but sadly humans are prone to mistakes so mistakes happen.

Thread Information