Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Sydney Loofe (24) was found dead after going on a date with a person she met online

Man accused of murdering Tinder date slashes his own throat in court

https://nypost.com/2019/06/24/man-ac...roat-in-court/

Chaos broke out in a Nebraska courtroom Monday when a man accused of suffocating and dismembering a woman who vanished after a Tinder date in 2017 slashed his own throat and collapsed.

During his murder trial, 52-year-old Aubrey Trail yelled: ?Bailey is innocent and I curse you all,? before stabbing himself in the neck with what appeared to be a pen or small blade and falling out of the wheelchair he was sitting in.

Trail appeared to be referring to Bailey Boswell, his alleged co-conspirator in the murder of 24-year-old Sydney Loofe. Both are charged with first-degree murder in the case, and Boswell, 25, is scheduled to stand trial later this year.

The pair are accused of plotting Loofe?s abduction and killing. The 5-foot-7 blond disappeared after a Nov. 15, 2017, date with Boswell, whom she met on the dating app Tinder.

Her body was found 19 days later cut up and wrapped in trash bags.

Trail?s attorneys say he and the women later had consensual sex and he accidentally asphyxiated Loofe during a consensual sex game.

Deputies rushed to help him Monday as he lay on the floor bleeding. He was carried out of court unconscious on a stretcher and his condition wasn?t immediately known.

Saline County District Judge Vicky Johnson ordered the jury to return on Tuesday. She said Trail will be handcuffed for the remainder of the trial.

https://www.wowt.com/content/news/Au...FDuRbs-b9p8NeQ

Crazy sex cult with witches and vampires.

SALINE COUNTY (KOLN) -- A 22-year-old woman who says she was a witch in Aubrey Trail's sex cult finished her testimony in the Trail's murder trial on Tuesday morning.

The woman, who will remain anonymous, said she was recruited to the group by Trail?s co-defendant Bailey Boswell over Tinder, told the jury she wanted to join because she liked the idea of being taken care of.

The witness said she then got wrapped up in the fantasy once Trail started talking about witches, vampires, and killing.

She said Trail was very convincing and it was almost like she was hypnotized when he was talking to her.

"At that point, it all sounded right, it all sounded like that's what we were supposed to do," the woman said. "Growing up you want to believe there's something else out there bigger than you."

The woman also outlined additional details of the relationship with Trail and Boswell, including sex acts and disturbing conversations with the defendants.

Included in her testimony, she said her and Boswell briefly discussed a plan to kill Trail.

However, the plot turned out to be a ploy by Boswell to test the woman.

During her testimony on Monday, the woman said she met Trail and his co-defendant Bailey Boswell in July 2017.

After matching with Boswell on Tinder, she was introduced to Trail who told her he could provide a lifestyle unlike any other.

She told jurors Trail offered to pay for her car payments, rent and put her through school.

Trail asked her if she could have one thing in the world, what would it be -- she told Trail she wanted her adoptive father dead because he sexually abused her for 10 years. Trail told her he could make that happen.

After this initial meeting Trail told the woman to think about joining his lifestyle.

The woman said she never told Trail or Boswell she wanted in, "I just kept coming around," she said.

That's when she started learning more. Trail told her he had a group of 12 women who he said were witches. Trail told her she could be the 13th.

He said the witches all had special powers that they got after taking souls. That meant to kill someone, the woman said.

She said Trail often talked about killing, once or twice a week the woman said. She believed Trail had killed before, multiple times.

She said at one point Trail even tried to find her a woman to kill and she agreed to do it but it never happened.

Trail told the woman he was a vampire and required his witches to call him "daddy." He also said he could fly and read minds.

The woman said she believed him.

"He was very convincing," she said.

She said Boswell was a witch too, and the other members of the cult called her the "queen witch."

Trail required the members of his cult to spend at least one night at his apartment in Wilber a week. At those sleepovers the woman, Boswell and Trail would often engage in sexual activity, the woman said.

Many times Trail would just watch as Boswell and the women had sex.

Trail would often ask the woman how she wanted to torture people, according to her testimony. The woman told the jury she told Trail she wanted to burn, cut and scalp people.

She said Trail would often choke her and Boswell while having sex but neither of them ever lost consciousness.

She said Trail would require her to help with the antiquing business by cleaning antiques or writing price tags. She said he never used bleach or tools on his antiques.

Trail let her keep the money she made selling his antiques, which he told her were stolen
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

That chick obviously has a screw loose. He told her he could fly and read minds, and she believed him. Um, ok...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That chick obviously has a screw loose. He told her he could fly and read minds, and she believed him. Um, ok...
    Wait, apparently its pretty easy to be ugly losers and start a sex cult in rural Nebraska. I have a friend who's mother moved to Falls City. He visits his elderly mom there and comes back to Omaha with methed up stories. This is in the same general area where the real events of the movie "Boys don't cry" happened and the horrible religious sect that tortured and murdered members. Google Michael Ryan cult for an interesting read. I swear there has to be something in the water in the southeast corner of the state. I grew up in a small farming community. My parents thought a small town would be a safe place to raise their kids and they could commute to the big city for work. I've witnessed some pretty morbid shit committed by the children of the corn. I'll stay in the middle of the big city where I've never had a break in compared to the rural community where my parents home was broken into several times. Dad had windows and door locks reinforced, which helped keep them out, but every door and window was damaged from attempted break ins. Rural living is not what it's hyped up to be. My dad bought a gun because of break ins and caught very young teens trying to breaking in. They are lucky he didn't shoot them and it was the last straw, they moved to a gated community on a lake with private security because he absolutely did not want to kill a stupid kid breaking in in the middle of the night. Just look at how long Trail and Boswell got away with their crimes. I'm sure they felt they could get away with anything since local law enforcement is only good for filing a police report for insurance purposes. There is nothing to do in these small towns except party and have sex in cornfields. I don't know what's worse, bored children or bored young adults.

https://www.wowt.com/content/news/Au...wJuVOU8zZre-fM

SALINE COUNTY, Neb. (WOWT) -- A woman testified in Saline County court on Tuesday that she spent several days with Aubrey Trail and Bailey Boswell after Sydney Loofe died.
    Wilber, NE

The woman, whom 1011 is choosing not to name, is the third person to testify over the last two days in regards to spending significant time with the co-defendants as part of the pair’s sex cult.

The 23-year-old said she met Trail and Boswell through Tinder in early November of 2017 and spent three weekends at their apartment in Wilber, engaging in sexual activity.

The woman added she was required to call Boswell “mommy” and Trail “daddy” and required to give Trail massages and oral sex.

She said she was also required to have sex with Boswell while describing torture and killing techniques.

The woman said she was picked up by Boswell on November 17 and thought she was going with them on a trip to pick up cocaine.

According to the woman, she was supposed to hang out with them on November 16, but Boswell told her she was too tired and instead picked her up the next day.

Loofe went missing on Nov. 15 after agreeing to a date with Boswell on Tinder.

The woman said after Boswell picked her up, they bounced around from hotel to hotel in Grand Island, Kearney, and Iowa.

She said she got a few phone calls from the police asking her to get back to them, but didn’t learn Trail and Boswell were suspects in a kidnapping until the night before they dropped her off to go home.

She said she traded cars with Trail on Nov. 22 and they went their separate ways.

She said she only stayed with them during that time because she was afraid they would hurt her family.

Earlier on Tuesday, testimony was heard from another young woman that she was a member of Trail's sex cult.

The woman, whose name we are choosing not release, will be referred to as A.G.

She told jurors she was also recruited to the group through Boswell on Tinder.

She said Boswell introduced her to Trail, who told her he could provide her with business opportunities "she could only imagine."

She said after she agreed to go into business with Trail, she went shopping with Boswell and to their Wilber apartment for the first time.

A.G. told jurors at the Wilber home she had sex with Boswell while Trail watched.

She said at that point she started getting involved in Trail and Boswell's antiquing business.

"That's what kept me there," A.G. said.

She said she wasn't interested in engaging in sexual activity with either Boswell or Trail, and only did a few times when threatened with punishment.

She said she was made to adhere to certain rules similar to those of the woman who previously testified, A.H. She said she was required to be naked in the Wilber apartment, to refer to Trail as "daddy" and help around the house.

She said she told Trail she was uncomfortable not wearing clothes and calling him "daddy." A.G. said after she earned Boswell and Trail's trust she was able to wear clothes in the house again.

A.G. said Trail and Boswell also talked to her about witches and vampires, but she didn't believe them.

However, she said she did believe them when they talked about killing. A.G. told jurors Trail and Boswell talked about taking a video of them killing someone and selling it for $1 million.

"I did think they would lay hands on someone, 100 percent," A.G. said.
    She said that's why she eventually left the group.

But A.G. said it wasn't easy to leave. She said she often felt threatened by Trail and Boswell.

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...x4TpLv6j1HxfKQ

A Nebraska woman whose body was found stuffed into garbage bags after she failed to return home from a Tinder date had been cut up into 14 pieces, a court has heard.

Sydney Loofe, 24, was found dead in December 2017 near Edgar, south-west of Omaha, about a month after she disappeared following the Tinder date.

Her dismembered body was found stuffed into garbage bags and dumped in a field.

Aubrey Trail, 52, and his girlfriend Bailey Boswell, 25, are both charged with first-degree murder in Loofe's death.

During Trail's murder trial on Monday, the court heard that Loofe had been cut into 14 different pieces.

A forensic pathologist also testified that Loofe's body showed signs that she had struggled prior to her death.

Dr Michelle Elieff said she found Loofe's earlobe was torn and she had bruising on her wrists, the back of her head and on her inner thighs.

She added that the wrist bruises showed Loofe had been restrained and that she struggled before dying of suffocation.

Defense attorneys argued that the injuries sustained in the struggle could have resulted from 'rough, consensual sex'.

Dr Elieff agreed when she was asked if that could be the case.

Trail's attorney has previously argued that Loofe's death was an accident during a consensual sex fantasy.

The attorney said Loofe agreed to participate with Trail in a 'sexual asphyxiation' as part of a fantasy that would be filmed. Loofe needed money at the time and she agreed to participate in exchange for payment, the defense said.
    Trail hasn't been in court to listen to testimony since last month when he slashed his neck and fell from his wheelchair in the middle of a hearing.

He was caught on camera yelling 'Bailey is innocent, and I curse you all' just seconds before swiping something across his neck.

Deputies were filmed rushing to help as Trail lay bleeding on the floor.

It is not clear how badly Trail was injured by the judge ordered the jury to return to hear testimony. His lawyer said he needed stitches but was released from a hospital.

Authorities said he'd had a stroke and two heart attacks since his arrest.

The judge said Trail would have to be handcuffed for the remainder of the trial

He's back in court today. His wounds look like his prison shiv was kind of dull. I hope he testifies. Yesterday, the jury saw letters between Trail and Boswell while in jail. It seems jail staff could do a better job screening mail.

https://www.1011now.com/content/news...512420211.html

Monday, however, jurors heard from two witnesses who examined Loofe’s body after her death.

First, the pathologist who performed her autopsy, Dr. Michelle Elieff.

Elieff described receiving Loofe’s body, which was cut into 13 different parts, in different body bags on December 7, 2017. Loofe’s body was found in rural Clay County just a few days before, on Dec. 4 and 5.

She said they knew the body was Loofe’s initially because of her tattoos, but then confirmed that through dental records.

Then, her task was determining a cause of death.

Eventually, it was ruled homicidal actions, including strangulation.

But it wasn’t easy to come to that conclusion because several parts of Loofe’s body were missing.

“The bottom of the jaw and tissue inside was missing, her tongue, the upper part of her trachea and windpipe,” Elieff said.

What was there led them to believe Loofe was strangled.

Elieff said Loofe had burst blood vessels in her eyes and across her face, as well as significant hemorrhage in her lower neck, all of which are signs of strangulation.

Trail’s attorneys maintain Loofe’s death was an accident that happened during a sexual fantasy involving choking.

In an interview with Trail that was played in the courtroom, he described “pulling” and “releasing” a cord around Loofe’s neck during the fantasy, he said he must have held on for too long when Loofe died.

The prosecution asked Elieff how long it would take to strangle someone to death.

“Strangulation is a process,” Elieff said. “Unconsciousness can happen in as little as ten seconds, it usually takes minutes for strangulation to result in death.”

She said the rest of the autopsy showed there were some bruises and scratches on Loofe’s body that she could have gotten either right before or around the time of death. There were also ligature marks on her wrists.

She did say there were some marks on the body that appeared to come from predation, or animals that were in the field where Loofe was left.

The defense asked if some of the missing body parts, like the upper neck, heart and lungs could be missing because of predators.

Elieff said it was possible, because there were teeth marks in some areas of the body, but she said there was more tissue gone than would usually indicate an animal was responsible.

She also tested Loofe’s body for drugs. She said there was no blood in the body to test, but they checked her brain tissue and urine.

The only drugs detected were anti-depressants and an anti-anxiety medication. There was no evidence of any illegal drugs in Loofe’s system, despite previous testimony that Loofe had smoked marijuana in the days before her death.

“It’s possible that if I had blood to test, it would have shown evidence of marijuana,” Elieff said.

Elieff also examined Loofe’s genitals. She said they found no signs of injury to her vaginal or anal cavities. She said there was slight hemorrhaging in her vaginal cavity, but that could have been caused by anything- including inserting a tampon.

Previous testimony showed Loofe had started her period a few days before she died.

The defense asked if the hemorrhaging in her vaginal cavity, the ligature marks and scratches and bruises could have come from rough consensual sex and Elieff said yes.

The defense also reiterated that just because the cause of death was ruled homicide, doesn’t mean it was intentional, just that the death occurred at the hands of another.

Next to testify was a forensic anthropologist who examined Loofe’s bones, Dr. Steven Symes.

Symes, based out of Mississippi, specializes in cases involving dismemberment.

He described many clean, sharp cuts on Loofe’s body made by three different tools, including a hack saw similar to the one Trail is seen buying on surveillance video from Home Depot.

The defense asked Symes if it was possible another type of saw was used to dismember the body and he said while possible, it was unlikely.

Symes did say there were several parts of the body that had damage from animals, including the jaw.

Symes also said there were several things that set the Loofe case apart from the hundreds of other dismemberment cases he’s investigated.
    Including the amount of flesh missing from her body.

“I thought I saw a lot of exposed bone, it’s very unusual,” Symes said.

He said bones in her neck, ankles, shoulders, knees and back were exposed.

He also said there was a “remarkable lack” of knife marks to the bones, indicating much of the dismemberment was done with a saw.

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/the-au...HwphfUkAra9OFo

He took the stand today. Video of some of his testimony in the link.

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/the-au...8by1yAzCMy5Wqw

Guilty of 1st degree murder after 2 1/2 hours deliberation. 2nd phase begins tomorrow to determine if he qualifies for the death penalty.

https://www.ketv.com/article/aubrey-...iling/28428655

Convicted killer Aubrey Trail wants a new trial.

His lawyers made the motion in Saline County District Court Wednesday, one week after it took a jury three hours to find him guilty.

Among the reasons for a new trial cited by attorneys are actions by Judge Vicky Johnson. Her denial of a mistrial motion "after the defendant sliced his throat with a razor in front of the jury" caused irregular proceedings that affected Trail's rights.

Trail's attorneys also argue misconduct by the jury, but lay out no specific examples in the most recent filing.

It is a common defense practice for lawyers to make a motion for a new trial when trying to get a verdict overturned. Legal experts explain it is a way of bolstering their case on appeal.

Trail's lawyers have requested a hearing on their motion.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Good luck to him. He couldn't even kill himself right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Good luck to him. He couldn't even kill himself right.
    Yeah, and he slit his own throat but it's the court's fault that it might have biased the jury against him. Rigggghhht.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, and he slit his own throat but it's the court's fault that it might have biased the jury against him. Rigggghhht.
    I know if I am innocent, I certainly am going to attempt suicide in front of them whole court. That will make them think I didn't do anything for sure.

https://www.1011now.com/content/news...565779512.html

Convicted murderer Aubrey Trail appeared in Saline County Court on Wednesday morning, and the State of Nebraska provided new evidence that his motion for a new trial should be denied.

On July 10, Trail was convicted of murdering Sydney Loofe, 24, in November of 2017. His co-defendant, Bailey Boswell, is scheduled for a first-degree murder trial in March.

A week after jurors found him guilty of first-degree murder, Trail filed a request for a new trial, saying an outburst during the original trial, in which he cut his throat with a razor blade, tainted the jury.

On Wednesday, the State of Nebraska presented evidence in hopes of dismissing that motion. The State submitted a sealed affidavit from a law enforcement officer which reportedly offers proof Trail planned the outburst.

The details of the affidavit were not discussed, but matters of prison and courthouse security are mentioned.

The State is arguing that a pre-planned outburst is not a valid reason for a new trial.

However, Trail’s defense team is arguing the opposite, stating that if Trail planned the outburst and acquired a razor blade in advance, personnel at the Lincoln Diagnostic Center where he was being held may have been aware of his plan.

If the staff was aware and did not report it, that would be grounds for a new trial, according to the defense.

Judge Vicky Johnson has taken the matter under advisement, and a hearing to go over evidence and depositions is tentatively set for Dec. 31.

This whole ordeal has been so insulting to Sydney's memory and to her parents; what a fucking circus centered around two losers and their delusions of grandeur. I wish they would both fry.

https://krvn.com/regional-news/baile...trial-delayed/

The murder trial of a woman accused in the slaying and dismemberment of a Lincoln woman has been delayed.

The first-degree murder trial of 26-year-old Bailey Boswell had been set to begin later this month in Lexington. But the Lincoln Journal Star reports that a Saline County judge agreed Tuesday to a delay because of a family medical emergency within the court.

A new trial date has not yet been set. Boswell is also charged with conspiracy to commit murder and improper disposal of remains in the November 2017 death of 24-year-old Sydney Loofe.

https://www.1011now.com/2020/09/22/s...-in-lexington/

Jury selection will start Wednesday for the trial of Bailey Boswell. The 26-year-old is facing first-degree murder charges in the death of Sydney Loofe.

The trial is taking place in Lexington, 170 miles away from the home in Wilber where prosecutors said Loofe was strangled and dismembered.

Boswell’s attorney, requested the change of venue because he said the case was too high profile to get a fair trial in Wilber.

Thread Information