Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sydney Loofe (24) was found dead after going on a date with a person she met online

They were arrested.

http://www.ketv.com/article/persons-...olice/13985840

Investigators have taken into custody Aubrey Trail and Bailey Boswell, described as "persons of interest" in the disappearance of Sydney Loofe, law enforcement officials said Thursday.

Loofe, 24, remains missing. Crews spent hours Wednesday searching areas of Saline and Gage counties, including ponds and creeks.

Trail and Boswell were arrested on unrelated warrants, Lincoln Police Chief Jeff Bliemeister said. Randall Thysse, special agent in charge of the FBI field office in Omaha, said they were located somewhere in the Midwest only minutes prior to Thursday's 8:45 a.m. law enforcement briefing.

Thysse said the FBI is still seeking information from the public on Loofe's whereabouts and the investigation.

Anyone with information should call the FBI tip line, 402-493-8688, option 1.

"In my opinion, someone knows something," Sydney's father, George Loofe, told reporters following the news conference Thursday morning at the Hall of Justice in Lincoln. "Please do the right thing."

A rumor that Loofe's cellphone was found buried in a yard near where Trail and Boswell lived in Wilber is untrue, Bliemeister said.

He said local and federal law enforcement have been "working diligently" to find Loofe since her mother reported her missing Nov. 17, a day after she missed work at the north Lincoln Menards. Police have said she was last seen in Wilber the night of Nov. 15.

Police publicly identified Trail and Boswell as persons of interest in the case earlier this week. Since then, the two have posted at least three videos on Facebook denying any role in her disappearance.

In a 10-minute video posted overnight, a man identifying himself as Trail dismissed several theories that circulated on social media after Trail, 51, and Boswell, 23, were named by police.

"Not saying I'm a nice guy. I'm a crook, I'm a thief -- have been all my life. OK? But I'm not what you're trying to make me out to be," the man says.

He also said the pair had decided to turn themselves in.

A second, shorter video includes a woman identifying herself as Boswell. Both videos were quickly removed from Facebook, but have since been uploaded to YouTube.

Found dead

http://www.myantelopecountynews.com/...body-recovered

In a tragic ending to the search for Sydney Loofe, her parents announced Monday night that the Neligh native's body has been recovered.

Sydney is the daughter of George and Susie Loofe of Neligh and has been missing since Nov. 15 and last seen in the Wilber area. Multiple agencies, including the FBI, had been searching for the missing 24-year-old.

No other details are available at this time.

CLAY CENTER, Nebraska — Nebraska state troopers have blocked off access to a rural area southeast of town where they are investigating the death of 24-year-old Lincoln resident Sydney Loofe.

Officers carrying small, pink flags could be seen methodically walking up and down rows of harvested cornfields, looking for evidence.

Police say they suspect foul play in Loofe's death. Loofe had been missing since mid-November.

Lincoln Police Chief Jeff Bliemeister said Tuesday that a body that officials think is Loofe's was found in rural Clay County, which is about 90 miles west-southwest of Lincoln.

About 40 law enforcement officers are in Clay County as part of the investigation. Bliemeister wouldn't say where the body was found, but said it was in "an open area" in rural Clay County.

Troopers blocked off access to a road near the Smith Lagoon National Wildlife Management Area.

Police have two Wilber, Nebraska, residents, 51-year-old Aubrey Trail and 23-year-old Bailey Boswell, in custody as "persons of interest." Bliemeister said neither one has been charged in connection with the Loofe case, but he said they were two of the last people who had contact with Loofe on Nov. 15. Further investigations, including an autopsy, need to be done, Bliemeister said.

Authorities say Loofe last was seen in Wilber. Wilber also is the last place that a cell tower received a ping from her cellphone.

Loofe's family reported her missing Nov. 16 after she didn't show up for work at a Menards in Lincoln.

Bliemeister said that based on their investigation, law enforcement officials don't think there is any ongoing risk to public safety. He also said officials are continuing to speak with Trail "and we'll continue to do so as long as he's willing to do that."

Boswell said in a Facebook post that she had dropped Loofe off at the house of a friend after the two went on a date. Bliemeister said investigators have not been able to confirm that account. The analysis of "digital footprints" led officials to the discovery of the body, he said.

Court records show Boswell was ticketed in April 2016 in Lincoln on suspicion of possession of an ounce or less of marijuana, first offense, and use/possession of drug paraphernalia. She failed to appear in court in May 2016, and a warrant was issued. Her address at the time was listed as Trenton, Missouri.

In a Nov. 21 court filing, the Saline County attorney charged Trail in a warrant with possession of a deadly weapon by a prohibited person and being a habitual criminal. Trail previously had been convicted of second-degree forgery and issuing a bad check. The warrant was withdrawn Nov. 22 but it later was refiled.

In a video posted to Facebook last week, Trail said, “We’ve pretty much decided to turn ourselves in and see where this goes.” Trail also said he didn’t kill Loofe.

“I’m a crook, I’m a thief, have been all my life,” he said. “But I’m not what you’re trying to make me out to be.”

Trail and Boswell were taken into custody Thursday in southwest Missouri and brought back to Nebraska on Friday.

Loofe's family announced on its Facebook page Monday night that her body had been found.

“It’s with heavy hearts that we share this most recent update with you all. Please continue to pray for Sydney and our entire family,” the family wrote above a photo of the smiling 24-year-old. “May God grant eternal rest unto thee. We love you Sydney.”

Lesbian love affair...eh....I can not believe a small town county girl, would date another woman. O how I wish Sydney Loofe would date a man that rides horses and has a Chevy truck with the 20in lifts...
    Painting a Rainbow on your Heart with Sunshine Love

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Lesbian love affair...eh....I can not believe a small town county girl, would date another woman. O how I wish Sydney Loofe would date a man that rides horses and has a Chevy truck with the 20in lifts...
    She was saving them all for you. You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

The suspects. WTF.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

These two are fucking weird.

More recently, Boswell and a male accomplice, 51-year-old Aubrey Trail — the other “person of interest” in the Loofe case — have been charged with crimes involving passing bad checks at antiques shops.

In April the pair presented themselves as high rollers at an antiques auction in Pennsylvania and walked away with $28,000 in gold and silver coins purchased with a bad check, an antiques dealer said. Now, law enforcement officials suspect they were involved in a series of similar rip-offs across the country that might add up to $300,000 or more.
    http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/iowa...a429f3490.html

Tl;dw video: ?We steal y?all, we don?t kill!?

I ran across this, which has several photos of the couple. They have been traveling and robbing coin dealers. Notice the photo of Aubrey wearing a hat. People have connected some dots that put him in Indiana at about the time of the Delphi murders. I didn't buy into it a whole lot, but I have to admit the recording of down the hill sounds like him and I suppose he could resemble the suspect when he is wearing that hat.
    https://www.facebook.com/NumismaticC...=52&__tn__=C-R

Yesterday I read that his charges on theft of coins has been sealed, which seems odd. Why would they seal a theft charge?
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Picture of him in the hat making people think he's the guy in Delphi. Have to admit, he makes more sense than the other guy with the machete though.

ETA this pic, too.
    Last edited by Words Words; 12-10-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

When I first saw the photo of Aubrey, I immediately pulled up the Libby and Abby thread to compare his photo with the composite sketch of the girls' killer. Definitely seeing some similarities, and since LE is saying that these suspects have ties to multiple states, I don't think it would be *too* far-fetched if these people did have connections to the Delphi murder.

We never know!

Real winners.

Find them guilty on all 14 and give them the max. There. Taken care of.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/aubr...141578dfd.html

LINCOLN ? In his latest version of events, a man considered a person of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe said Wednesday night that he, and he alone, was responsible for the 24-year-old Lincoln woman?s death.

?I will say I am accountable for it,? Aubrey Trail said in a phone call from a federal prison. ?The reason for it will all come out (later).?

The call marked at least the fourth time the convicted felon has made public statements about Loofe?s death since he was revealed as a person of interest, a week before her body was found on Dec. 4 in a marshy area near the central Nebraska farm town of Edgar.

Trail and his girlfriend, Bailey Boswell, posted video messages on social media saying that they were not involved. Then, in phone call to a World-Herald reporter on Jan. 3, after being jailed on a federal theft charge, Trail said he had information about Loofe?s death but that ?doesn?t necessarily mean you?re guilty.?

On Wednesday night, he left nothing to doubt.

?I?ve told law enforcement a long time ago ... I am accountable for Sydney Loofe?s death, I am responsible,? Trail said. ?The girl (Boswell) had nothing to do with it.?

The phone call came as Trail, 51, prepared to appear in U.S. District Court in Lincoln on Thursday via a video call to enter a plea to multiple charges that he and Boswell had defrauded a Kansas couple out of $400,000 in a scheme to buy gold coins.

Boswell, 23, pleaded not guilty to the charges on Monday.

Neither Trail nor Boswell has been charged in connection with the death of Loofe, who disappeared on Nov. 16 after arranging a date with Boswell online. But Trail?s attorney, Korey Reiman of Lincoln, has said he expects his client to be charged, and Trail himself has said he expects that both he and Boswell will face charges.

Well that is an interesting turn of events. These two are real winners. I can't wait to see what more bs they spew.

RIP Sydney

Aubrey Trail confessed Monday that Sydney Loofe died at his hands ? the result of accidental asphyxiation, he claims ? and that he has offered to give the FBI information about another, similar incident two years ago.

Despite his public admissions of responsibility for Loofe's death, which happened nearly three months ago, it remained unclear Monday when criminal charges might come.

The FBI only has called Trail and his girlfriend, Bailey Boswell, persons of interest in the death of the 24-year-old Lincoln woman, whose remains were found Dec. 4 in Clay County.

While investigators quietly work the case, Trail has taken to the media to claim "responsibility" and "accountability" in recent weeks.

On Monday, he put it bluntly: "I killed Sydney Loofe."

"I am accountable. I physically am the one who caused the end of her life. Me and only me," Trail said in a call to the Journal Star from the private prison in Kansas where he's being held on a federal stolen goods case.

Trail first confessed that he killed Loofe in an interview aired Friday night on Lincoln TV station KOLN/KGIN.

On Monday, he told the Journal Star the "incident" started at the Wilber apartment where he and Boswell lived. She brought Loofe there Nov. 15. Trail said they moved around that night, before Loofe died early the next morning in a house elsewhere in Saline County.

He wouldn't say where the house is.

Trail said he was in a room with Loofe and two other women, and that he was holding an unspecified object which restricted Loofe's breathing and ? according to him ? unintentionally caused her death. Boswell was not in the room, he said.

The Journal Star has chosen to leave out more sensitive details.

Asked why they didn't call 911, Trail said it would not have been treated as an accident, based on how they lived.

"We didn't, I guess, live a fine, upstanding lifestyle," he said.

But, Trail said, he wasn't making excuses: "Sydney Loofe should not have died. I deserve life (in prison) or death."

Trail said there is "no way on this planet" he would be exonerated at trial based on the evidence.

"I'm guilty. I did it," he said.

Trail said he promised Sunday to give investigators information about another case similar to Loofe's almost two years ago, before he met Boswell. But he declined to elaborate in his Monday interview.

Trail said he told the FBI he would continue to provide the media with increasingly "gruesome" details about Loofe's death if he doesn't get what he wants from investigators.

He anticipates prosecutors will charge he and Boswell in connection with Loofe's death.

Until now, Trail on multiple occasions since his arrest in November has stopped short of confessing.

"I don't want a witch hunt for people who shouldn't be witch-hunted," he told the Journal Star.

Soon after, Trail said, he didn't want anyone to believe a word he said, but to verify.

Trail claims he has given the details to law enforcement as recently as Sunday when he spoke with Lincoln police and FBI investigators.

Trail has implored prosecutors to charge him in the case and Monday said he would plead guilty, even if facing the death penalty.

An FBI spokesman didn't respond to a request for comment.

Joe Jeanette, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Nebraska, said federal prosecutors are only involved in trying Boswell and Trail for an alleged fraud scheme that bilked a Kansas couple out of more than $400,000.

Loofe's case probably will be prosecuted in state court, not the federal system, Jeanette said.

Neither Saline County Attorney Tad Eickman nor Lancaster County Attorney Joe Kelly immediately responded to a request for comment. One of them likely would make the decision.

Kelly's office has hired a special investigator to look into the case.

Trail's attorney, Korey Reiman, also declined to comment on Trail's statements to the media.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/91...184ea1936.html

What a motherfucker. He?s TEASING the investigators & the public (by talking to reporters) about a similar case from two years ago, and ?he told the FBI he would continue to provide the media with increasingly ?gruesome? details about Loofe's death if he doesn't get what he wants from investigators.?
    WTF?
    It sounds like he?s an attention whore. He probably thinks he?s a YouTube Superstar. 🙄 Now he?s trying to drag it all out- another victim! Sydney?s last moments alive!- for maximum attention.
    He sure is trying to defend his... umm, ?girlfriend? Bailey. What do you wanna bet that Bailey knew all along? Hell, she helped Sydney get stoned & drove her to his fucking house. I agree with whoever posted (above) that it seems like Sydney was catfished by Bailey.
    And what about the two other women who were in that room when he strangled Sydney? Who are they? Are they dead too? And if they?re alive, they need to come forward or possibly face charges too.
    And if Sydney hooked up with Bailey via Tinder, I?m kinda curious about Bailey?s sexual orientation. Is Bailey bi-sexual or straight? Did she pretend to be bi or gay on Tinder, just so she could lure in a young woman? I know it?s probably not essential to the case, but anyway..,

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm going to guess this is kind of a catfishing thing,and the female is the person Sydney went on the date with, and then they kidnapped her after the first date. I was really doubting the official story early on, but I guess it was true.

http://www.klkntv.com/story/36941179...ing-woman-case
    THIS^^^
    This is where I read the word catfishing.
    raisedbywolves called it!

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-...il-talks-again Admits guilt. Says he suffocated her with an object. That she participated in a pay to play fantasy sex thing. I don't know what to make of all this. It seems rather bizarre and I think he is a prolific liar.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Does it really help the lady's case that he says she was in the house but not in the room when Sydney died? I mean she knew he killed her and probably helped dump her body so...

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-...il-talks-again Admits guilt. Says he suffocated her with an object. That she participated in a pay to play fantasy sex thing. I don't know what to make of all this. It seems rather bizarre and I think he is a prolific liar.
    Now he?s giving phone interviews to the media? He?s really milking his 15 minutes. And he was operating a sex fantasy thing in his house where people could earn $500 - $10,000 cash? I?ll venture to guess that this guy is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    Does it really help the lady's case that he says she was in the house but not in the room when Sydney died? I mean she knew he killed her and probably helped dump her body so...
    Yeah, I don?t think he?s actually helping Bailey. And if she helped him dump Sydney?s body, isn?t that accessory to murder after the fact?

Btw, I recall reading that Sydney had something wrong with her that affected the way she walked. I think maybe it was the missing person flyer that said she had a noticeably unusual gait, or something like that. If so, then maybe she was insecure about it and had a hard time making friends? I say that only because I went to junior high school with a girl who had scoliosis and had to wear a back brace for kind of a long time, and there were some people who teased & bullied her horribly. Poor Sydney. I feel so bad for her loved ones.

http://www.1011now.com/content/news/...476715203.html

An upcoming trial for Aubrey Trail and Bailey Boswell, both persons of interest in the death and disappearance of Sydney Loofe, was continued until May on Tuesday morning.

Trail and Boswell both face charges of interstate transportation of stolen property. The duo is accused of scamming a couple out of more than $400,000, claiming they would use the money to sell a gold coin for a large profit.

On Tuesday morning in a meeting with Magistrate Judge Cheryl Zwart, Boswell?s attorney moved to continue the trial, which was scheduled for March 26, to provide additional time to review discovery and prepare for trial, according to court documents.

According to the records, counsel for Trail ?strenuously opposed the continuance.?

However, the motion was granted, and the trial was pushed back until May 14 at 9 a.m.

Judge Zwart has not yet made a decision on a plea from Trail last week asking he be allowed to represent himself in the case. Trail said he has not had adequate time to prepare for trial with his attorney since he was being held in federal prison in Kansas.

Thread Information