Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sydney Loofe (24) was found dead after going on a date with a person she met online

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm going to guess this is kind of a catfishing thing,and the female is the person Sydney went on the date with, and then they kidnapped her after the first date. I was really doubting the official story early on, but I guess it was true.

http://www.klkntv.com/story/36941179...ing-woman-case
    THIS^^^
    This is where I read the word catfishing.
    raisedbywolves called it!

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-...il-talks-again Admits guilt. Says he suffocated her with an object. That she participated in a pay to play fantasy sex thing. I don't know what to make of all this. It seems rather bizarre and I think he is a prolific liar.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Does it really help the lady's case that he says she was in the house but not in the room when Sydney died? I mean she knew he killed her and probably helped dump her body so...

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-...il-talks-again Admits guilt. Says he suffocated her with an object. That she participated in a pay to play fantasy sex thing. I don't know what to make of all this. It seems rather bizarre and I think he is a prolific liar.
    Now he?s giving phone interviews to the media? He?s really milking his 15 minutes. And he was operating a sex fantasy thing in his house where people could earn $500 - $10,000 cash? I?ll venture to guess that this guy is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    Does it really help the lady's case that he says she was in the house but not in the room when Sydney died? I mean she knew he killed her and probably helped dump her body so...
    Yeah, I don?t think he?s actually helping Bailey. And if she helped him dump Sydney?s body, isn?t that accessory to murder after the fact?

Btw, I recall reading that Sydney had something wrong with her that affected the way she walked. I think maybe it was the missing person flyer that said she had a noticeably unusual gait, or something like that. If so, then maybe she was insecure about it and had a hard time making friends? I say that only because I went to junior high school with a girl who had scoliosis and had to wear a back brace for kind of a long time, and there were some people who teased & bullied her horribly. Poor Sydney. I feel so bad for her loved ones.

http://www.1011now.com/content/news/...476715203.html

An upcoming trial for Aubrey Trail and Bailey Boswell, both persons of interest in the death and disappearance of Sydney Loofe, was continued until May on Tuesday morning.

Trail and Boswell both face charges of interstate transportation of stolen property. The duo is accused of scamming a couple out of more than $400,000, claiming they would use the money to sell a gold coin for a large profit.

On Tuesday morning in a meeting with Magistrate Judge Cheryl Zwart, Boswell?s attorney moved to continue the trial, which was scheduled for March 26, to provide additional time to review discovery and prepare for trial, according to court documents.

According to the records, counsel for Trail ?strenuously opposed the continuance.?

However, the motion was granted, and the trial was pushed back until May 14 at 9 a.m.

Judge Zwart has not yet made a decision on a plea from Trail last week asking he be allowed to represent himself in the case. Trail said he has not had adequate time to prepare for trial with his attorney since he was being held in federal prison in Kansas.

They are both complete pieces of trash.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/aubr...f26eb6870.html

Aubrey Trail, a person of interest in the death of a Lincoln woman, used a change of plea hearing Thursday for the purpose of not changing his plea.

So, instead of pleading guilty to 14 federal charges of fraud, he was ordered to stand trial May 14 on charges that he helped defraud a Kansas couple out of $400,000.

Trail?s court-appointed attorney, Korey Reiman of Lincoln, had requested the court hearing in anticipation that Trail, 51, wanted to change his plea from not guilty to guilty. But when U.S. Magistrate Cheryl Zwart asked if Trail was ready to do that, Reiman said no.
    An FBI spokesman said Thursday that an investigation into Loofe?s death is continuing.

But the theft charges against Trail and Boswell have served to keep the couple behind bars while that probe continues.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniNYC212 View Post
    So, instead of pleading guilty to 14 federal charges of fraud, he was ordered to stand trial May 14 on charges that he helped defraud a Kansas couple out of $400,000.
    How, how, how in the name of God do people fall for this shit? $400,000? Hell, I won't even lend my blood $20 bucks for fear I'll never see it again. JFC.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    How, how, how in the name of God do people fall for this shit? $400,000? Hell, I won't even lend my blood $20 bucks for fear I'll never see it again. JFC.
    Amazing. There are people in this country one paycheck away from being homeless and then you have people pissing away hundreds of thousands of dollars on bullshit. I just can't feel sorry about it but I am glad that they were able to use that to keep them in jail while investigating Sydney's death.

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/aubr...8a6a620bc.html

Aubrey Trail was back in federal court Friday, this time contesting statements he gave to authorities after he was initially apprehended for questioning in connection with the disappearance of Sydney Loofe.

Trail, 51, and his 24-year-old girlfriend, Bailey Boswell, are persons of interest in the death of Loofe, a Lincoln Menards clerk whose body was found Dec. 4 in a rural area north of Edgar, Nebraska.

U.S. Attorney Joe Kelly said Friday that he could not comment on the Loofe case as the four-month investigation continues. Neither Trail nor Boswell, who were living in Wilber, Nebraska, have been charged in the death of Loofe, who was last seen after arranging a date over the Internet with Boswell.

Trail, in phone calls to reporters, has said he suffocated Loofe on Nov. 16 during a sexual role-play fantasy, but that her death was an accident.

On Nov. 30, Trail was questioned by a Lincoln police investigator about the Loofe case as well a theft case involving a Kansas couple who were allegedly duped into thinking they were purchasing an antique coin from Trail.

During the interview at a sheriff?s office in Branson, Missouri, Trail told investigator Matt Franken to ?ask away? and later said ?let?s party.?

Franken testified that he took the ?let?s party? remark to mean that Trail was willing to provide statements about both the death and the fraud case.

Trail?s attorney, Korey Reiman of Lincoln, asked the investigator about money that was deposited in Trail?s ?books? following the interview, an apparent reference to the accounts jailed inmates have to purchase snacks and personal items from a jail canteen. The question implied that Trail was rewarded for talking to investigators. When was that money deposited? he asked.

Franken said he could not recall.

The investigator testified several times that Trail?s comments during the interview were voluntary, and that Trail never once asked to talk to an attorney or asked for the questioning to stop.

He and Boswell are scheduled to stand trial in U.S. District Court on May 14 on multiple theft charges in connection with a scheme in which the Kansas couple gave them $400,000.

U.S. Magistrate Cheryl Zwart said Friday that she will rule later on whether to allow Trail?s interview on Nov. 30 as evidence at the trial.

I'm still amazed this dude could ever realistically claim be a part of any other human beings sex fantasy.

http://www.1011now.com/content/news/...482065251.html

Bailey Boswell and Aubrey Trail have pleaded guilty and now faces up to 10 years in prison in a federal fraud case.

Boswell and Trail are still considered persons of interest in Sydney Loofe's disappearance and death.

Boswell appeared before a federal judge in Lincoln on Tuesday morning and pleaded guilty to interstate transfer of stolen property. Trail pleaded guilty Tuesday afternoon.

Prosecutors say Boswell set up websites and false documents as part of a scheme to defraud a victim out of money.

Prosecutors say Trail stole $375,646 in property and, from December 3, 2015 until November 7, 2017, falsely represented himself as ?Alan Russell.?

In addition to prison time, he faces a $250,000 fine.

The judge will recommend accepting the guilty pleas. Boswell and Trail are set for sentencing on August 3.

Trail's plea agreement was signed on April 3. Boswell signed her plea agreement on May 4.

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-...bailey-boswell

Murder charges against Trail and Boswell
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

http://www.ketv.com/article/aubrey-t...loofe/21274097

New details revealed in the murder of Sydney Loofe

Aubrey Trail admitted to strangling 24-year-old Loofe with an extension cord during an interview with investigators.

Trail also said that Bailey Boswell assisted him in cleaning up the crime scene and disposing Loofe's body.

Police said Loofe's body had been dismembered and parts of her body were found in several garbage bags.

The investigation also revealed that the cell phone Boswell used to access her Tinder account under the name of Audrey on Nov. 16, where her and Loofe met, was in close proximity to the area where Loofe's body was found.

Investigators said security camera footage from Nov. 15, 2017, around 10:30 a.m., showed Trail and Boswell purchasing the tools and supplies believed to have been used in the murder of Loofe.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I'm still amazed this dude could ever realistically claim be a part of any other human beings sex fantasy.
    God. This
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

https://nebraska.tv/news/local/aubre...e-murder-trial

The man accused of killing and dismembering a young Nebraska woman appeared in Saline County District court Friday morning.

Aubrey Trail pleaded not guilty to First Degree Murder and Improperly disposing human remains.

The state filed plans Thursday to seek the death penalty in the case.

Prosecutors said Trail has a "substantial history of serious assaultive or terrorizing criminal history". They also called Sydney Loofe's death exceptionally depraved.

https://www.kearneyhub.com/news/stat...bb509fabd.html

State prosecutors revealed Wednesday that they will seek the death penalty for Bailey Boswell in the slaying of Lincoln store clerk Sydney Loofe.

Authorities had already announced that they were seeking the death penalty for Boswell's 51-year-old boyfriend, Aubrey Trail.
    The 12 men on Nebraska’s death row and the

https://www.kearneyhub.com/news/stat...f6b5d22f6.html

Bailey Boswell, who could become Nebraska?s first woman on death row, has filed a challenge to the state?s death penalty.

Saline County District Judge Julie Smith on Monday set a Sept. 17 hearing to hear arguments on the death penalty challenge.

Boswell appeared briefly Monday in court, where she had been scheduled to plead to charges of first-degree murder and unlawful disposal of human remains. The judge did not ask for a plea in light of the motion filed by Boswell's attorney.

Boswell's attorney filed a motion in Saline County District Court on Friday, two days after prosecutors served notice that they will seek the death penalty for Boswell, who is accused in the slaying of Sydney Loofe of Lincoln.

The motion argues that Nebraska?s sentencing procedure in death penalty cases is unconstitutional in several regards. The motion cites a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that overturned Florida?s sentencing procedure because only judges, not juries, could decide mitigating factors.

In Nebraska, juries decide whether aggravating factors exist, but a three-judge panel determines mitigating factors and weighs the aggravating and mitigating factors to determine if the death penalty is warranted.

The motion also argues that the death penalty ?violates the evolving standards of decency that mark the progress of a maturing society.? The motion describes the declining number of death sentences and executions in the U.S., concluding that the death penalty has now become an unconstitutionally ?cruel and unusual punishment.?

Boswell, a 24-year-old native of Leon, Iowa, would be the first woman on death row in the state if she is found guilty and sentenced to death, according to State Department of Corrections records.

Loofe disappeared in November after going on a date with Boswell that was arranged online.

The 24-year-old store clerk?s body was found three weeks later, dismembered and wrapped in black plastic bags, in a rural area in south-central Nebraska, about an hour?s drive west from where Boswell was then living in Wilber, Nebraska.

Thread Information