Thread: Gaia Pope (19) was found dead and an investigation is ongoing

Gaia Pope (19) was found dead and an investigation is ongoing

This girls been missing for a week in the UK. She has epilepsy and they don't know if she has her medication with her. She doesn't have her phone. They said she is also suffering from PTSD from some traumatic event that happened a couple years ago.

Last image of her

More pictures at the link:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ge-Dorset.html

Missing teenager Gaia Pope was seen on CCTV buying an ice cream from a petrol station looking ashen-faced just an hour before she vanished.Shortly before the images were released by police today, her mother Natasha launched a desperate appeal for her daughter and claimed the 19-year-old could be 'being held against her will in a garage of van'. She was last seen alive on CCTV on November 7 at 3.40pm - when she was spotted sprinting down Morrison Road in Swanage, Dorset, before banging on 71-year-old Rosemary Dinch's front door in Manor Gardens.

Mrs Dinch and her grandson, aspiring actor Nathan Elsey, also 19, were arrested on suspicion of her murder on Monday afternoon but released 24 hours later pending further inquiries. The elderly suspect's son, Paul, 49, was also been quizzed by police officers at the time of Gaia's disappearance.
    His father Greg Elsey said Paul offered officers his phone and bank card to prove he was working away in Weymouth when she vanished. Mr Elsey claims he now doesn't know where his son is.

Today police have revealed new images that show her at a petrol station in Valley Road between her hometown Langton Matravers and Swanage where she bought an ice cream at 2.55pm - two miles away from Manor Gardens. She was driven to the petrol station by a member of her family, where she was seen on CCTV looking pale and tired. Her mother, an actress who has starred in The Bill and Inspector Morse, wrote on Facebook today: 'Back of vans, in garages somewhere she could be hidden, against her will. In a house...keep looking, be bold with respect.
    'Thank you. Keep senses sharp. HELP US BRING HER BACK! Can't bear it.'

Speaking at his home today, 69-year-old Greg Elsey told MailOnline police had contacted his son Paul, a carpenter, last week and he offered to provide officers with his phone and bank card, showing he was away from home working in Weymouth, Dorset, at the time of Gaia's disappearance.
    He said police officers turned up at his home yesterday looking to speak to Paul, who had been staying there, but had left with a friend.
    He said: 'Paul went off with one of his mates. I don't know where he is. The police asked where Paul was and I said he was not here.
    'They came in and had a look everywhere so they could see Paul was not here.'

Mr Elsey lives with his mother in Manor Gardens, but occasionally stays with his father - who is separated from Rosemary Dinch.
    Today, forensic investigators have been spotted removing parts of piping and toilet fixtures from Mrs Dinch's home in Manor Gardens - the last place Gaia was seen before disappearing.Police teams have also been seen wading through a nearby millpond in Swanage looking for clues that could trace her. Dorset Police's senior investigating officer Neil Devoto said today: 'We believe Gaia was wearing the same grey and white woven leggings and white trainers, but was last seen in a red checked shirt with white buttons.

When she disappeared she was not wearing the black jacket pictured, which was recovered at an address in Manor Gardens.

'Our search efforts are continuing and I would again appeal to the public that if they have any information, however small, that could lead us to finding Gaia, please get in touch. 'Finally, I would like to offer my thoughts to Gaia's family and friends in what is an incredibly difficult time for them. It has been over a week since she went missing and we are doing all we can in order to find her.'

An hour after the first message, Gaia's mother posted: 'Deepest gratitude and thanks. Desperation accumulative.
    'We all need Gaia back so she can follow through on her life plan.
    'Her talents are cross the board. Society stands to gain massively by getting her back.
    'Gaia is dynamic, fun, exceptionally intelligent, compassionate and loving. Gaia is special indeed, so we best crack on discover the truth of things so we may bring her home very soon.'

After the elderly grandmother was released by police, her first husband Greg Elsey revealed she is terminally ill and has to carry an oxygen cannister, coming to her defence to say she 'couldn't even murder a chicken'.
    Video of her running from something/someone:
    http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/m...6987052693.mp4

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...ion_is_ongoing

Her mothers facebook: https://www.facebook.com/natasha.pope.750
    Find Gaia Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1987713918143693/
    Last edited by Olivia; 11-20-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Bless her, it is not looking good.

Here is Nathan's FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...4%3A1510783503

Police seized the car belonging to Nathan's uncle, who hasn't been seen in days.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...seize-11529644

Snipped from the link:

Police searching for missing teen Gaia Pope seized a car belonging to her friend's uncle under the cover of darkness, it has emerged.

The 19-year-old vanished more than a week ago after leaving her aunt's house without medication for severe epilepsy.

Gaia's pal Nathan Elsey, 19, and his grandmother Rosemary Dinch, 71, were arrested on suspicion of murder but released pending investigation.

Now it has emerged detectives swooped on a VW Golf belonging to Nathan's uncle and Rosemary's son Paul Elsey at midnight on Tuesday.

Paul, 49, has also been quizzed by police but has not been seen since Tuesday evening when he was picked up by a pal and “probably had a few beers”.

His father Greg Elsey said he does not know where his son is. But he said Paul was away working in Weymouth when Gaia disappeared and offered police his phone and bank card to prove it.

He told The Sun: "... all of a sudden, they’re looking to speak to him again.

"They came round and searched my house last night and took his car away at midnight."

Carpenter Paul "went off with one of his mates" a few days ago and hasn't been heard from since, Greg added.

Dorset Police would not confirm whether they had a warrant out to arrest Paul, who had been estranged from his dad for three years until the arrests brought them back together.

It comes as Gaia's mum pleaded for help finding her as police released a CCTV image showing the teen an hour before she vanished.

What family member dropped her off at the gas station? I sometimes skim so I may have missed it.
    It doesn't sound good w members of her family being taken in as suspects.
    I hope they find her alive.

Does she know this Nathan guy?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What family member dropped her off at the gas station? I sometimes skim so I may have missed it.
    It doesn't sound good w members of her family being taken in as suspects.
    I hope they find her alive.
    I don't believe they've ever mentioned who the family member was or that they are a suspect. Her family member dropped her off at a gas station and she got ice cream. Next she is seen running on video. She winds up at her friend Nathan's house. His grandmother said she was distressed, was claiming she was hot and stripping off her clothes. Supposedly the grandmother convinced her to put her clothes back. Then she left without her coat, according to Nathans grandmother. She hasn't been seen since. The police seem solely focussed on them at this point.

And the newest update...they believe they have found her clothes in a field and a man has been arrested on suspicion of murder. Im guessing the uncle they've been looking for. I really wish they would find this girl but it's not looking too good....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...d-be-in-hiding

Forty-nine-year-old arrested after women’s clothing found in field near Dorset seaside town where 19-year-old went missing. Detectives searching for the missing Dorset teenager Gaia Pope have arrested a 49-year-old man on suspicion of murder.

The arrest came after items of women’s clothing were found in a field close to the seaside town where she disappeared.

The owner of the clothes has not yet been identified but police involved in the search for the 19-year-old informed her family of the discovery. Dorset police said the clothes were found at 10.28am on Thursday by a member of the public in an area of open land north of the coastal path. A cordon was in place.

Senior investigating officer Neil Devoto, of Dorset police’s major crime investigation team, said: “Following the discovery of these items of clothing, a full and thorough search will now take place in the field and surrounding area.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Wow. That's so sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Drugs?

This is heartbreaking.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-46097798

The twin sister of a teenager found dead 11 days after going missing has said her family "still have no answers" a year later.

Gaia Pope, 19, from Swanage, was found dead near the Dorset coast path. Tests showed she died of hypothermia.

Dorset Police is being investigated over the way it handled a previous rape allegation and her disappearance.

Her cousin called for a wide-ranging inquest looking at "very serious contributing factors" to her death.

Following Gaia's disappearance on 7 November 2017, searches by police, the coastguard and police helicopter - along with hundreds of volunteers - were carried out in the Swanage area.

Her body was found by police on 18 November near a coastal path and field between Dancing Ledge and Anvil Point, close to where items of her clothing had been found two days earlier.

Media captionMaya says she was reliant on Gaia for her "company and her support"
    Speaking ahead of the first anniversary of her disappearance, her sister Maya said: "Coping has been very difficult for the family and myself.

"It's been a massive shock and even though it's been a year, it feels like five minutes since we found out the news.

"We've got no answers as of yet.

"My twin sister really deserves justice. It's part of my birthright to have my twin around - I was very reliant on her and her company and support.

"I'm still partially in shock as well as processing grief."

An investigation by the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) into Dorset Police's response when Gaia, who had severe epilepsy and mental health issues, went missing is continuing.

The watchdog is also looking into how police handled an allegation of rape made by Gaia two years before her death. Her family previously claimed alleged failings in the police investigation had affected her mental and physical state.

Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
    Image caption
    Search and rescue teams scoured the open space above the cliffs near Swanage in the hunt for Gaia Pope
    An inquest into her death is due to be reopened after the IOPC report is published.

Her cousin Marienna Pope-Weidemann said: "As a family we really want to make sure it's the most broad-ranging inquest we can get.

"One that looks at the very serious contributing factors which were involved in her disappearance and her death - the role that sexual violence and sexual health played in what she went through and the lack of support she received."

An IOPC spokesman said the investigation would be concluded "as quickly and as thoroughly as possible". He said investigators had visited the scene where her body was found.

"The investigations include reviewing a substantial number of documents gathered, along with police communications, and consideration of national and force policies," he added.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/d...e-b972218.html

Whistleblower says missing teenager called police on day she vanished – inquest

So the police withheld evidence showing that they didn't do their jobs? I'm shocked.
    FFS. They ignored her because she was "abusive". It wouldn't have anything to do with her being in the middle of a mental health crisis or anything, right? So now only people that are nice on the phone with the police deserve help. She may have been alive today if they had done their fucking job! That poor girl. She must have felt so abandoned. GOOD on that whistleblower and I hope the family sues the shit out of them.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information