Thread: Bank sells house complete with owner's corpse

Bank sells house complete with owner's corpse

A Spanish bank repossessed a house and put it up for auction complete with the mummified body of the former owner who had missed her mortgage payments, newspaper El Pais reported on Wednesday.

The corpse, preserved by salty air in the seaside town of Roses after an apparent death by natural causes, was discovered by Jorge Giro, who entered the house for the first time on Saturday after buying it at the auction, El Pais said.

The dead woman, described by neighbors as having been in poor health and often absent visiting relatives in Madrid, had stopped paying her mortgage six years ago.

The unnamed bank which eventually repossessed the home never bothered to look inside before selling it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070515/od_nm/spain_corpse_dc;_ylt=AvtWGSCBmhZq4nvwaCwN6LYSH9EA

Re: Bank sells house complete with owner's corpse

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=7321.msg361176#msg361176 date=1179251924]
    A Spanish bank repossessed a house and put it up for auction complete with the mummified body of the former owner who had missed her mortgage payments, newspaper El Pais reported on Wednesday.

The corpse, preserved by salty air in the seaside town of Roses after an apparent death by natural causes, was discovered by Jorge Giro, who entered the house for the first time on Saturday after buying it at the auction, El Pais said.

The dead woman, described by neighbors as having been in poor health and often absent visiting relatives in Madrid, had stopped paying her mortgage six years ago.

The unnamed bank which eventually repossessed the home never bothered to look inside before selling it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070515/od_nm/spain_corpse_dc;_ylt=AvtWGSCBmhZq4nvwaCwN6LYSH9EA
    [/quote]

Remind me to not fuck with that bank. They'll get you in the afterlife!

I'd turn her into a nice garden sculpture.

So, she died 6 years ago?  Doesn't that mean that the house should go to her next of kin and the sale is void?

[quote author=angela link=topic=7321.msg361268#msg361268 date=1179257537]
    So, she died 6 years ago?  Doesn't that mean that the house should go to her next of kin and the sale is void?
    [/quote]

No because the bank owned it until she paid off the mortgage. 

Ahhh, that makes sense 

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=7321.msg361360#msg361360 date=1179262838]
    No because the bank owned it until she paid off the mortgage. 
    [/quote]

you're so knowledgeable. i luff you.

this story is kinda gross.. you'd think they'd look inside the house or clean it up before auctioning it off. i wonder if the new owners were left to dispose of the corpse or if the spanish government really gave a flip? doesn't seem like they cared TOO much, or else they'd have known a.) she was missing, and b.) looked inside her house.

:roll: Lovely. Wounder how you go about getting rid of that smell.
    It's scary how many stories like this keep turning up. Poor people, no one even notices when they die :| that makes me feel so horribly bad for them.
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

[quote author=sbsweetypie link=topic=7321.msg361396#msg361396 date=1179264668]
    It's scary how many stories like this keep turning up. Poor people, no one even notices when they die :| that makes me feel so horribly bad for them.
    [/quote]

That's the only part of death that scares me: being forgotten.

That's why i wanna go in some crazy way so i have glory... i read too many things by the Greeks...

[quote author=Arrick link=topic=7321.msg361404#msg361404 date=1179265017]
    That's the only part of death that scares me: being forgotten.

That's why i wanna go in some crazy way so i have glory... i read too many things by the Greeks...
    [/quote]

please don't do anything like VT....&nbsp;

[quote author=Jessica link=topic=7321.msg361411#msg361411 date=1179265523]
    please don't do anything like VT....&nbsp;
    [/quote]

That's NOT Glory.

[quote author=Arrick link=topic=7321.msg361415#msg361415 date=1179265586]
    That's NOT Glory.
    [/quote]

i didn't say it was! i meant like, doing something crazy.

[quote author=sbsweetypie link=topic=7321.msg361396#msg361396 date=1179264668]
    [/quote]

I have a feeling it stopped smelling a long time ago, especially since she was mummified. This is terribly sad. To think no one checked on her in all that time. Well, maybe there were people who did try to visit her and whatnot and she just 'wasn't home', they did say she spent time out of the area. But wouldn't the postal service notice she never got her mail? Whether it was a PO Box or to her door, you would think they would make a call at some point. After ya know, a month or a year!

I check on my dad every few days, cause he doesn't want to end up like that woman did. It's his fear. I've had to go there a few times when he didn't answer or call me back in a day or two. Scariest drives I've ever had to make, to go see if dad is dead. We joke about it often, we have weird senses of humor about this kind of thing.

with all those old houses in Europe I'm surprise this shit doesn't happen more often. One day you decide to go under your house and find a dead body there! EEEEEEP!!! or what if someone stuffs someone in between some walls and they don't get found until someone trys to demo it!!!

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

Thread Information