Thread: 5 Dead in Rancho Tehama, CA Shooting

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

5 Dead in Rancho Tehama, CA Shooting

Five dead, seven scenes being investigated after Rancho Tehama shooting

CORNING, Calif. - Officials said they are investigating seven scenes in connection with the shooting that took place in Rancho Tehama, Tuesday morning that killed five people, including the shooter.

"It's a very sad day for us here in Tehama County," said Undersheriff Phil Johnston as he addressed the media.

Johnston said calls came in at 7:52 a.m. about a shooting on Bobcat Lane. Following those calls, more calls came in of multiple shooting sites, including at the school.

Johnston said it was clear early on that they had a subject that was randomly picking targets.

Johnston said they have received reports about a domestic violence incident that involved the suspected shooter, whose ID is not being released.

One student was shot and they have been transported for treatment. Another child and a woman was shot while driving in a truck. They have also been transported.

Johnston said they do not have an accurate count of all those who have been injured. Johnston added they know that the shooter was engaged by officers shortly after arrival and they believe the shooter was killed by two officers who engaged with him. Both those officers have been secured from the scene.

Johnston said a semi-automatic rifle and two handguns were retrieved from the scene.

"We currently have seven shooting scenes that we have yellow tape around that we will have to process. We have requested the Department of Justice and their investigative evidence team to respond. Additionally, the FBI has volunteered their crime scene investigative unit," said Johnston.
    More here: http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/teh...News_Channel_7

Someone on FB (not 100% certain) said the shooter was this guy:

http://www.arre.st/CA-112017488

Now is not the time to talk about ... thoughts and prayers. Damnit it's time to do something!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

5 dead, including gunman, after shootings at 7 locations in rural NorCal.

I didn't see a thread on this.

http://abc7.com/2647030/

Authorities said five people have been killed, including the gunman, and multiple others injured after a shooting rampage that started at a home and ended at an elementary school in rural Northern California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Fuck me.
    Why?

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Fuck me.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I see Trump's incredibly thoughtful tweet for this latest shooting hasn't been posted yet

(time stamp on it is my timezone, AEST, which was about 8 hrs ago)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yesterday was nuts. There was this one and then a shooter outside a Dollar General in Cheektowaga, NY, near where some of my friends work. Their building was on lockdown for awhile and they had to get out through a neighboring building. Apparently the shooter was in body armor with AR-15s, but thankfully the only victim is gonna survive.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I see Trump's incredibly thoughtful tweet for this latest shooting hasn't been posted yet

(time stamp on it is my timezone, AEST, which was about 8 hrs ago)
    What a fucking idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Here is a GoFundMe for a little 6-year-old boy who was shot twice...in the chest and in his foot:

https://www.gofundme.com/alejandro-family-expences

Kevin Neal's deadly shooting rampage in Northern California may have been prompted by the fatal shooting of his wife, authorities said Wednesday.

Neal, identified as the gunman who killed four people in a string of shootings Tuesday, shot and killed his wife the previous night and concealed her body under a floor in his home, Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said.
    The discovery of the spouse's body brought the death toll to six, including the gunman.

"We believe that's probably what started this whole event," Johnston said of the wife's shooting.

Neal had been out of bail on an assault with a deadly weapon charge from January, officials said. Neal, 44, "was not law enforcement friendly" and authorities a number of times had come to his house after complaints that shots were fired from the property, Johnston said.
    Neal's sister told CNN's Sara Sidner that he had struggled with mental health issues for at least 20 years.
    "My mom spent a great deal of her time and nearly all her energy trying so hard to placate him," said Sheridan Orr, who was with her distraught mother in North Carolina.
    Neal's mental state began a steep decline about a year ago, said Orr, adding the family had tried to get him help.
    Before police shot him dead, Neal injured at least 10 others in a string of shootings that spanned at least seven sites in the small community of Rancho Tehama, west of Corning, police said. Those locations include a locked elementary school that the shooter fired into from the outside, injuring a boy.
    The shootings started in Neal's neighborhood shortly before 8 a.m., where he killed a woman neighbor who had a restraining order against him, Johnston said. Neal had been arrested and charged in January on suspicion of assaulting her with a deadly weapon, he said.
    He then stole a pickup truck and went on a rampage in town, shooting at homes, motorists and eventually the school, apparently at random, Johnson said.
    "This guy was bent on ... driving by residences and arbitrarily shooting at them," the assistant sheriff said.
    Still, Johnston said it "could have been so much worse." Wearing a tactical vest and armed with extra magazines, the gunman attempted to enter classrooms at Rancho Tehama Elementary School.

The gunman arrived at the small elementary school -- about 2 miles from his home -- just before classes were to begin. The staff, having heard gunfire nearby or been alerted to it, had already begun to take action.
    Doors were locked and students rushed inside, where they hit the floor underneath desks and tables.
    The shooter rammed the stolen pickup through the school's locked gate, walked into the schoolyard and fired his rifle through windows and walls.

He could not get inside and left six minutes later, apparently frustrated, Johnston said.
    One student was in stable condition after being wounded by gunfire, the school district said. Others were hurt by flying glass.
    Before reaching the school, the gunman had fired from his vehicle at passing motorists and homes, Johnston said. At one point he shot and severely injured a woman who was driving her three children to school.
    The woman was being treated for life-threatening injuries. A boy who was in the vehicle was hit by gunfire or shrapnel but was not seriously wounded, according to Johnston.
    "She has no clue who he was," the official said.
    After leaving the school, the shooter intentionally crashed the pickup into a car. He exited the truck and gunned down at least one person there, Johnston said.
    He then stole someone else's sedan and "went back on his rampage," Johnston said.
    Eventually, two police officers encountered the gunman at an intersection. They returned fire, killing him, the assistant sheriff said.
    Aside from the first shooting in his neighborhood, the killer appeared to be shooting people at random, Johnston said, and did not seem to have any connections to the school either.
    "This is an individual who armed himself, I think with the motive of getting even with his neighbors, and when it went that far (that someone was killed) he just went on a rampage," Johnston said.
    "I have to say this incident, as tragic and as bad as it is, could have been so much worse," he said, applauding the quick thinking of the school staff.
    Mom raced back to school to warn people
    A fearless mother may have also helped warn staff at the school about the danger.
    Sara Gonzalez said she had dropped her daughter off at the school when the gunman attempted to shoot her as their vehicles passed. She said thinks the gunman's windshield stopped the bullet.
    She turned her vehicle around.
    "I went to my daughter's school and started honking, making people know what was going on," she said.
    Gonzalez said the gunman fired at her as she tried to get out and find her daughter. She saw the man's face but he said nothing.
    Jessie Sanders told CNN affiliate KCRA he tried to draw the gunman's attention away from the school.
    He said he ran over to the school when he heard the crack of a semi-automatic rifle.
    "When I get there, the dude was shooting through the windows," he told the Sacramento TV station. "And I said, 'Hey why don't you shoot this way instead.' "
    Sanders said a bullet grazed his right forearm.
    Inside the school, the children tried to stay low. Gonzalez's daughter, Arianna Ibarra, was on the floor with her fourth-grade class.
    "Our teacher told us to go under our desk and keep flat in case he comes inside," Arianna said.
    The teacher blocked the door with a computer, the 10-year-old said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/us/cal...ngs/index.html

I think it is totally necessary to share the murderer's mugshot here, as it speaks volumes of the type of crazy he was.

Kevin-Neal-1701310231.jpg

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Here is a GoFundMe for a little 6-year-old boy who was shot twice...in the chest and in his foot:

https://www.gofundme.com/alejandro-family-expences
    America. Where you need a GoFundMe to cover the cost of your gunshot injuries. Jesus Christ I want out of this shithole.

We're a fucking joke.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I think it is totally necessary to share the murderer's mugshot here, as it speaks volumes of the type of crazy he was.

Kevin-Neal-1701310231.jpg
    We're walking around with Batman villains, but no Batman.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Why, why, why & FUCKING HOW is this allowed???

(from Puzz's link)

"...authorities a number of times had come to his house after complaints that shots were fired from the property, Johnston said ... Neal's sister told CNN's Sara Sidner that he had struggled with mental health issues for at least 20 years."

(Don't worry, I know how & I know who's fault it is, I just had to express my complete inability to understand how they justify it to themselves when there are new victim names every damn day )

Heartbreaking.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) —
    Gage, 7, was playing outside Tuesday during morning recess at Rancho Tehama Elementary School when gunfire rang out.

His teacher blew a whistle and called everyone to get inside and hide under their desks. Moments later, Gage said the gunman, Kevin Neal, tried to open the door of his classroom -- but he couldn't get in because it was locked.

It's wasn't until many hours later that Gage learned his father and grandmother were among the victims killed -- and that the shooter was their neighbor.

Gage was in Sacramento on Wednesday night with his maternal grandmother, Sissy Feitelberg.

The 7-year-old believes Neal targeted his school to try to find him and kill him.

Feitelberg said Neal had an ongoing dispute with Gage's family, but neither of them understood why.

"I'm heartbroken and sad for the family, and really sad for Gage," Feitelberg said. "A 7-year-old should never have to go through what he's gone through. Right now, my main concern is Gage and getting guardianship of him."

Gage is an orphan now. His mother died in an accident 22 months after Gage was born.

Feitelberg and her husband said they are in a position they aren't prepared for, but they're determined to take care of Gage. With just social security as their income, Feitelberg started a fundraiser on GoFundMe hoping to get some help.

"I'm worried about Gage's future," Feitelberg said. "He's afraid someone is going to come after him because he knew the shooter didn't like his family."

Feitelberg said Gage will need counseling, but she finds comfort in his ability to smile through all this darkness.
    http://www.kcra.com/article/boy-7-lo...oting/13763212

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

That poor kid.
    Why?

Thread Information