Thread: Annieka Vaughan (15) was killed by Zachary Petersen (23) in a murder-suicide

Annieka Vaughan (15) was killed by Zachary Petersen (23) in a murder-suicide

ALOHA, Ore. ? Police have found a truck connected to a missing 15-year-old Aloha girl, in a gravel parking lot on Northwest Cornell Road.

The truck belongs to 23-year-old Zachary Petersen, of Pasco, Washington. A backpack that belongs to the missing teen girl was also found inside the truck, which was towed for evidence processing on Monday.

Officers conducted a search of the wooded area where the truck was discovered. The missing girl, Annieka Vaughan, ran away from her home on Oct. 30. Detectives believe Vaughan, an alleged victim of sex abuse, is with Petersen, who is the abuse suspect.

Petersen was reported missing to the Pasco Police Department on Oct. 30. Before he disappeared, Petersen called a crisis phone line. Detectives believe he is suicidal and he has a gun in his possession.

Vaughan is 5-foot-9 and 150 pounds. She has brown, shoulder-length hair and brown eyes.

Petersen is 5-foot-10 and 150 pounds. He has buzzed brown hair and brown eyes.

Petersen's last known location was in the Portland area.

Detectives believe he may be traveling to Seaside, Ore., or Sacramento, Calif.

Anyone with information about Vaughan or Petersen is asked to call 503-629-0111. Anyone with specific information regarding how long the truck was parked at the location where it was found is asked to contact Portland Police Bureau Detective Heidi Helwig at heidi.helwig@portlandoregon.gov.
    http://www.kgw.com/news/crime/detect...pect/488544104

Uh oh

Police searching for a 15-year-old runaway girl found two bodies Wednesday off a trail in a forested park in Portland but said they could not release the identities of the dead until autopsies were complete.

The gruesome discovery came during the second week of an extensive search for Annieka Vaughan, an Aloha teenager who authorities say ran away with Zachary Petersen on Oct. 30. Petersen, 23, was under investigation for sex abuse in a Washington state case that named Vaughan as the alleged victim, said Portland police Sgt. Chris Burley.

Petersen, of Pasco, Washington, called a crisis hotline before vanishing on the same day Annieka ran away, authorities have said. He was believed to be armed and suicidal.

The unidentified bodies were found by a cadaver-sniffing search dog tucked behind a tree stump about 80 feet off a trail in Forest Park, said Detective Robert Rookhuyzen of the Washington County Sheriff's Department. Petersen's abandoned white pickup truck was found Monday in a nearby gravel lot and Annieka's backpack was inside.

The location of the bodies is about a 10-minute walk from that parking lot, Rookuyzen said.

"We notified the family members of the discovery of these bodies just in case it's them," he said. "The bodies have been removed from the scene but the scene is still being worked for evidence. ... The biggest thing here is to get them identified."

Authorities have been searching the park exhaustively since the truck was found and credited the search dog for the discovery. They also found a backpack at the scene.

"They would not be seen from one of the many trails. They would not likely have been found without this dog," said Burley.

Autopsies will take several days because of a backlog at the Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office due to a number of traffic fatalities, he said.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/stor...han/843544001/

Gotta be them.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Someone has set up a GoFundMe for funeral expenses for Annieka: https://www.gofundme.com/u7xzrt-anni...-memorial-fund

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    And this message was posted on FB from her aunt:
    I don't have the words to how to put this but this morning they found my little nieces body at 9:00 a.m. this morning from an apparent murder suicide. I just wanted to let all my family and friends know before the news coverage. Thank you to everyone that showed tremendous support and love during this time my brother and myself really appreciate it thank you.

https://memorials.andersonstributece...5/obituary.php

Annieka’s tragic death has left much heartache for her family and her friends. Annieka was born January 31, 2002 and was only 15 at the time of her death. A time to mourn with family is planned for 1:00 p.m., Friday, November 17th at Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals ? Receptions ? Cremations) 1401 Belmont Avenue, Hood River, Oregon 97031 (541) 386-1000. Please visit www.AndersonsTributeCenter.com to leave a note of condolence for the family

https://www.gofundme.com/u7xzrt-anni...-memorial-fund

Thread Information