Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UID body of 3-5 year old boy washed up on Galveston, TX beach

UID body of 3-5 year old boy washed up on Galveston, TX beach

http://abc13.com/no-missing-kids-mat...beach/2553742/

The body of a young boy has washed ashore in Galveston.

Galveston police investigators say somebody walking down the beach found the body around 5:35 p.m. Friday near 7th and Seawall. The passerby spotted the body in the surf in an area that is not heavily trafficked.

Investigators say the body appears to be that of a white male between three and five years old.

They have yet to identify the child, who they say does not resemble any children who have been reported missing in the immediate area.

"This is a very unusual case. It's very difficult as a police officer, as an agency and as a community to have the death of a small child lying in the sand and to not have any answers to give anyone," said Galveston PD Capt. Joshua Schirard, adding that foul play has not been ruled out.

Schirard also said that bodies in the water decompose more slowly than those on land, so it is difficult to estimate how long the child had been dead without a more thorough examination.

An autopsy will determine how the boy died.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

I did a little Google-fu (not from Texas and have never been there), and saw that this child must have washed up on/near a beach called Porretto Beach. Looks like a somewhat popular place, so it's a little odd that the boy showed up in an area that isn't as heavily visited. That being said, I'm curious if this child was a casualty of the recent hurricanes and is being looked for in an outside area.

Also:

Schirard also said that bodies in the water decompose more slowly than those on land
    I always thought that it was the opposite. Am I wrong on that one?

A basic guide for the effect of environment on decomposition is given as Casper's Law (or Ratio): if all other factors are equal, then, when there is free access of air a body decomposes twice as fast than if immersed in water and eight times faster than if buried in earth.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

That is just awful. It sounds like someone put him there hoping he wouldn't be found. 😥
    I thought a body would decompose faster in the water too. But I guess it's a lot of things that factor in.

'foul play has not been ruled out' ??? That makes it sound like he may have done it to himself or something. Just sounds dumb to add that in there.

I wish they would get more media attention. It always seems to help.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Cool! Thanks for providing the source. I suppose I confused decomposing faster with decomposing worse, if that makes any sense. The pictures I've seen of people decomposing in water look so much more disturbing (especially if the bloating of the face is present - yikes).

http://www.khou.com/news/body-of-sma...ston/484922337

A small group of people gathered on the beach on Saturday in a small vigil for the boy.

"It's just heartbreaking that this little boy doesn't have anybody to claim him. He's not missing. I mean, this boy did not deserve this. And, I couldn't sit at home and not do anything." said Tina Bebout who organized the vigil.

The Galveston Police Department held a press conference around 8:30 p.m. Friday.

"This is a very unusual case. It's very difficult as a police officer, as a police agency, and as a community, to have the death of a small child, lying in the sand, and to not have any answers to give anyone." said Capt. Joshua Schirard with Galveston PD.

Schirard said the area where the child's body was found is not a heavily populated area.

Police said they have checked with the surrounding counties, including Harris County, and so far no missing person's report matches the description of the little boy.
    The US Coast Guard said they were not alerted of a missing child either.

Investigators said they don't want to rule any situation out, so they have also reached out to Child Protective Services to see if there's any way the agency can help identify the child.

Federal agencies, like US Customs and Border Protection are also searching their databases.

Galveston PD is asking anyone that may have any information concerning this case to call the department at 409-765-3702 or Galveston County Crimestoppers at 409-763-8477.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    So sad.

http://m.chron.com/neighborhood/baya...-12294992.php#

Police need help ID'ing child found dead on Galveston beach

Galveston police need help identifying a young boy whose body was found Friday evening not far from the ocean surf line in a case that they are treating as a possible homicide.

Local police, surrounding authorities and federal agencies have searched databases but could not find any missing persons cases matching the boy, who is believed to be 3 to 5 years old, officials said at a press briefing in Galveston Sunday.

"The circumstances are without a doubt suspicious," he said. "There are no answers at this point."

The circumstances surrounding the death grow "more and more suspicious as time goes on," said Joshua Schirard, operations bureau commander at the Galveston Police Department.

This case is unusual because the vast majority of drownings that occur over the summer tourist season across 37 miles of Galveston beach are witnessed or reported by someone accompanying the victim, Schirard said.

"Someone saw them go in the water. Someone tried to save them. Someone helped pull them out and it was just too late," he said. "That's what makes this so different. We don't have bodies just wash up on our beach with no story behind them, much less 3 to 5-year-old children."

The young boy, who may have been at least partially of Hispanic descent, was found by a 911 caller at 5:30 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of Seawall Boulevard. It's a stretch that Schirard described as "not a heavily traversed part of our beach," lying somewhere between two major Galveston beaches, Stewart beach and the region's primary beach near Seawall Boulevard.

Schirard described the child as roughly 3 feet tall, around 30 pounds, with brown hair roughly 3 to 4 inches long.

There were no distinguishing characteristics that could have led police to identify the child, he said. The boy's body did not appear to have sustained trauma, and was found unclothed ? not unusual in drowning cases, in which a few minutes in the surf can remove clothing from a person, Schirard said.

But it is not clear if the child washed up on the surf or if the body was planted in the area. Police have not ruled out human trafficking, and contacted agencies in surrounding counties, federal agencies and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children for any records matching the case. Nothing turned up.

Authorities are treating the case as a homicide and enlisted Texas forensic artist Louis Gibson to sketch a portrait of the child, based on photos provided by detectives, over the weekend. Police and Gibson said the body was not severely decomposed and "fairly intact" with no missing limbs.

Officials said they are still waiting for an official report from the medical examiner's office to determine the cause of the child's death ? it is not clear the boy had drowned ? and asking anyone with information to contact police at 409-765-3776.

Quote Originally Posted by Country Mac View Post
    Cool! Thanks for providing the source. I suppose I confused decomposing faster with decomposing worse, if that makes any sense. The pictures I've seen of people decomposing in water look so much more disturbing (especially if the bloating of the face is present - yikes).
    In the water, a body will often be fed upon. That may be what you were thinking.

I just happened upon this.... Kind of looks like him, doesn't it?

https://www.news-journal.com/news/20...uld-be-mexico/
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

Yeah, it does. You should call it in.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, it does. You should call it in.
    Already contacted them. We'll see what comes of it. He's only 2 and not quite 3 feet tall, but certainly worth looking in to.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

That mock up sort of looks like one of those cute velvet or wooden paintings, complete with the flowery signature.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mystery...lveston-beach/

Capt. Joshua Schirard says police don't believe the death is related to Hurricane Harvey, which hit Texas on Aug. 25. He says the body is in the early decomposition stages and there are no signs of major trauma.
    Still waiting on the autopsy, no official cause of death yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

Good eye!!!

Also, I started watching The Eleven on A&E and realized that those young girls were murdered in this same beach town. Almost definitely not related, but I found it interesting.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/ba...d-12335632.php

Dead boy found on Galveston beach dubbed 'Little Jacob,' $10,000 reward offered

More than two weeks after his body washed up on a Galveston beach, investigators have given the unidentified young boy a name: Little Jacob.

Still, authorities haven't said how he died and haven't found his family. But now, the FBI is offering a $10,000 reward for leads in the baffling case, one that's already generated "hundreds and hundreds and hundreds" of fruitless tips, according to Galveston police spokesman Josh Schirard.
    As the mystery dragged on, police put out a sketch of the dead child and drew the FBI into the case. Then on Monday authorities at a press conference in Galveston released a list of possible "indicators" and behavioral clues to help identify his family.

The youngster may have disappeared as early as Oct. 18, police said, and his parents or caretakers could have explained the absence by claiming he went to stay with friends or family.

"Prior to the boy's disappearance, family members of the child may have indicated that the child caused additional stress on caregivers due to the child's health or behavioral conditions," Schirard said. The family might have unusual interest in the investigation or seem nervous or irritable, he added.

"Someone out there knows this child's family," Schirard said.

But as of now, it's not clear what country authorities should be looking in. It's unknown whether the boy came from the United States, how long he'd been in the water or how far his body might have travelled before ending up on the island shore.

Schirard said it was "absolutely" a possibility that the boy's parents may have failed to claim him over concerns about immigration status.

But police sought to give assurances about their interests in the case.

"At this point we're not concerned with the documented status of Little Jacob, of his parents, of his family," Schirard said.

"My hope is that we don't have to call him 'Little Jacob' for long."

Authorities are putting up billboards from Texas to Kentucky to Louisiana, a technique that has sometimes yielded positive results in past cases.

Looks like Northern Tissue Paintings from the 1960s

That mock up sort of looks like one of those cute velvet or wooden paintings, complete with the flowery signature.
    My room had four of them because my mom thought I looked like one of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by More Cowbelle View Post
    Sorry, but that is fucking creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Here is the one I looked like

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Sorry, but that is fucking creepy.
    Mean. People. Suck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I looked like none of them because I was an ugly baby
    Oh well, back to gum.

Still creepy.
    Why?

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Mean. People. Suck.
    Am I the 'mean people'?
    Why?

No update, just a summary of the case so far.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

The Haunting, Heartbreaking Mystery of 'Little Jacob'

Thread Information