Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sherin Mathews (3) was found dead and an investigation is ongoing

Doing laundry at odds hours, neither parent attending the vigil, waiting five hours to report her missing, both parents uncooperative with investigators, vehicle missing from their home shortly before she was reported missing...I dunno guise but I think something's up.

I'm confused about the 3am milk story... Why bring it up at all when she was reported missing at 8am? Was there something that the neighbors could have seen that they are preemptively covering their asses about?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news...ing-3-year-old

(Sorry if that link is weird, I'm posting from my phone and I'm kind of a moron. And I'm sorry about double posting. I feel appropriately sub-par. )

The article states they received a tip and are searching a field two miles from the Mathews' home.

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news...ing-3-year-old

(Sorry if that link is weird, I'm posting from my phone and I'm kind of a moron. And I'm sorry about double posting. I feel appropriately sub-par. )

The article states they received a tip and are searching a field two miles from the Mathews' home.
    Nah, the link you posted works just fine. I post most things from my phone on this site and it always seems to work good. You're being way too hard on yourself. I have messed up a lot of things on my posts for you to be calling yourself subpar lol. :)
    I agree w everything you said in your first post. They def did something to that baby. A loving parent wouldn't have punished their toddler like that to begin with. Why did they even bother adopting her in the first place?!

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Today police removed a ton of stuff from their house executing some search warrants:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dna-s...tion/484289189

Seized from House:
    Trash bags, shopping bag, roll of fabric
    Blue string and “dark, hair-like fibers”
    Piece of red plastic
    iPhone with case
    Desktop computer
    Three laptop computers
    Five cell phones
    Folder with banking documents
    Adoption papers
    Joint banking account book
    Marriage certificate
    Birth certificate
    Medical bills
    Vacuum contents
    Exam gloves
    Contents of power equipment
    Digital camera with adapter
    Wooden spoons
    Gloves and dish scrubber
    Fitted sheet
    Five pairs of shoes
    Two pairs of boots
    Tax return
    Financial paperwork
    Internet router
    Wooden fork and spoon wall hanging
    Pink T-shirt
    iPad
    DNA swabbing
    Blanket
    Changing table cover
    Hair
    Washer and dryer
    Seized from Acura MDX

Floor mat
    DNA swabs
    USB drive
    Interior sunroof slide cover
    Seat belt
    Cabin air filter
    Radio module
    Display monitor
    Seized from family’s Lexus

Costco receipt dated Oct. 5, 2017
    Driver’s side floormat
    5 DNA swabs from pedals, steering wheel, gear shift, driver controls

Seized from family’s Toyota Sienna:
    Six DNA swabs

We will see how this plays out.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Come on guys, it's not like they're going to kill their "real" child

...I said "real" but I didn't know what to consider it. I guess biological would have worked and I didn't have to type all this up or anything. but I'm high as fuck so here I am, doing dumb shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    Today police removed a ton of stuff from their house executing some search warrants:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dna-s...tion/484289189

Seized from House:
    Trash bags, shopping bag, roll of fabric
    Blue string and ?dark, hair-like fibers?
    Piece of red plastic
    iPhone with case
    Desktop computer
    Three laptop computers
    Five cell phones
    Folder with banking documents
    Adoption papers
    Joint banking account book
    Marriage certificate
    Birth certificate
    Medical bills
    Vacuum contents
    Exam gloves
    Contents of power equipment
    Digital camera with adapter
    Wooden spoons
    Gloves and dish scrubber
    Fitted sheet
    Five pairs of shoes
    Two pairs of boots
    Tax return
    Financial paperwork
    Internet router
    Pink T-shirt
    iPad
    DNA swabbing
    Blanket
    Changing table cover
    Hair
    Washer and dryer
    Seized from Acura MDX

Floor mat
    DNA swabs
    USB drive
    Interior sunroof slide cover
    Seat belt
    Cabin air filter
    Radio module
    Display monitor
    Seized from family?s Lexus

Costco receipt dated Oct. 5, 2017
    Driver?s side floormat
    5 DNA swabs from pedals, steering wheel, gear shift, driver controls

Seized from family?s Toyota Sienna:
    Six DNA swabs

We will see how this plays out.
    It is my understanding this list of items are the items the FBI toook when they searched the home, the weekend she went missing.

Time to get Eccu-Search in there to find this poor baby.

I commented on a local post in one of the news stations FB page, and someone commented that he wasn't allowed in the home, but I have not seen that anywhere, so don't know where they got that information.

I think they need to raise the bail so high on the husband, get him back in jail, and see if the wife will speak. Sad thing is, I haven't seen where anyone has said the last time they actually saw this little girl.

Everyone failed this little one.

FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/301114800294380/ (Find Sherin Matthews)

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/rich...s-put-adoption

A 3-year-old Richardson girl missing for nearly two weeks was once known as "Saraswati" in her native India, where she was abandoned and eventually adopted by Americans.

Sherin was adopted June 23 of last year by Wesley and Sini Mathews, an American couple of Indian origin, from Mother Teresa Anath Seva Sansthan, a nonprofit in India's Bihar state.
    Babita Kumari, who managed the now-closed center, told Indian CNN affiliate News18 that the girl had been found in bushes by passers-by, apparently dumped there.

Authorities sent her to the center, where the orphaned girl became known as Saraswati ? the name of a Hindu river goddess linked with education and the arts ? before being adopted by the Mathewses.

Wesley Mathews was charged with abandoning or endangering a child after Sherin went missing. He was released from jail after posting bond, and was required to wear an electronic monitoring device and surrender his passport as part of his bond conditions.

Mathews, 37, told police he put Sherin in an alley near their house where coyotes previously had been spotted to punish her after she wouldn't drink her milk around 3 a.m. Oct. 7, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Mathews went to check on Sherin about 3:15 a.m. When he didn't find her he went inside to wait for daylight to continue searching, or for her to return on her own. As he waited, he did laundry, Richardson police Sgt. Kevin Perlich said.

Sini Mathews was reportedly asleep at home when her husband told the girl to go stand outside, but was unaware of what he was doing, Perlich said.
    On Friday evening, a small crowd gathered for a vigil near the girl's home.

"We pray for her, for her family and that the truth comes out," said vigil co-organizer Scott Snyder. "And that we find her."
    In India, the country's National Commission for Women vowed to begin looking into the case, an agency representative told News 18.

"We will contact the Indian Embassy in the U.S. and also external affairs ministry in this regard," commission member Sushma Sahu told the station. "Though the news is widely reported in the U.S., there is lack of information about the girl in Bihar."
    Earlier this week, Richardson police determined that the family's maroon Acura SUV was not at home between 4 and 5 the morning her father said she disappeared.

The FBI seized 47 items from the house, including "hair-like" fibers, a washer and a dryer, five cellphones, three laptops, trash bags and a digital camera.
    A radio module, display monitor and a seat belt were taken from the SUV, as were a floor mat, USB drive and DNA swabs.

Nicole and Scott Snyder bow their heads in prayer at a vigil for Sherin Mathews in Richardson. The Snyders are founders of the Finding Sherin Mathews Facebook page and helped organize the event.

Kumari, the adoption worker, was apparently unaware of the girl's disappearance until contacted by a reporter from the Times of India.
    She told the Times that the girl had a deformity in one eye and was initially quiet but gradually opened up at the center.

"She was a little stubborn, but every child has a similar nature," Kumari said. "She was very affectionate towards a female caretaker ... she called nani. She used to wait for her on the stairs for several hours. The moment Saraswati's nani arrived, she used to run and embrace her."

In her interview with News18, Kumari said the Mathews were taken by Sherin's cheerful nature when they visited the center.
    "She was very charming and used to smile all the time," she said. "They insisted to adopt Saraswati."

Saraswati. What a big and beautiful name for a little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Country Mac View Post
    Saraswati. What a big and beautiful name for a little girl.
    I agree.

They just had a press conference, and a child's body has been found. They did not positively identify here, however it is right near the home of her family.

I hope both parents are arrested today!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristmas View Post
    I agree.

They just had a press conference, and a child's body has been found. They did not positively identify here, however it is right near the home of her family.

I hope both parents are arrested today!

Oh man. Thanks for the update I hadn't seen that yet. This one makes me so sad.

This article will be updated as soon as new developments are available.
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...-mathews-found

The body of a small child has been found during the search for a missing 3-year-old girl, Richardson police announced Sunday.
    Police said they had not yet confirmed that the body is that of Sherin Mathews, who has been missing since Oct. 7. Officers had blocked off an area near Spring Valley and Bowser roads, east of Central Expressway. The location is near the girl's home.
    Police indicated they have no reason to believe the body of a different child had ben found, but they are still awaiting positive identification.
    The body was found in a culvert beneath a road about 11 a.m. Sunday with the help of search dogs. Police have not released any details about how the child died.
    Sherin Mathews<br>(<br>/<br>)
    Sherin Mathews
    (
    /
    )
    Sherin Mathew's father, Wesley Mathews, was charged with abandoning or endangering a child after Sherin went missing. He was released from jail after posting bond and was required to wear an electronic monitoring device and surrender his passport as part of his bond conditions.
    Mathews, 37, told police he put Sherin in an alley near their house where coyotes previously had been spotted to punish her after she wouldn't drink her milk around 3 a.m., according to the arrest warrant affidavit.
    Mathews went to check on Sherin about 3:15 a.m. When he didn't find her he went inside to wait for it to get lighter outside to continue searching, or for her to return on her own. As he waited, he did laundry, Sgt. Kevin Perlich said.

The girl's mother was reportedly asleep at home when Wesley Mathews told the girl to go stand outside, but was unaware of what he was doing, he said.

Wesley and Sini Mathews reportedly adopted Sherin about two years ago from an orphanage in India. She was said to have been malnourished and physically underdeveloped at the time and does not have the same language skills as a typical 3-year-old, Perlich said.
    Wesley Mathews(Richardson Police Department)
    Wesley Mathews (Richardson Police Department)
    Police determined the family's maroon Acura SUV was not at their home between 4 and 5 the morning her father said she disappeared.
    The FBI seized 47 items from their home, including "hair-like" fibers, a washer and a dryer, five cellphones, three laptops, trash bags and a digital camera.
    A radio module, display monitor and a seat belt were obtained from the SUV, as were a floor mat, USB drive and DNA swabs.
    Child Protective Services took custody of Sherin's 4-year-old sibling and placed her in foster care, agency spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales said.
    CPS had previously had contact with the family, but further details were not released. Neither child had been in foster care before Sherin's disappearance, and Richardson police had not been to the family's house before.

How awful.

A smart child murderer would say that she wondered off, not that you STUCK HER in a back alley.

Quote Originally Posted by thepits View Post
    A smart child murderer would say that she wondered off, not that you STUCK HER in a back alley.
    This. Thank good for stupid killers. Maybe her sister will be saved from this monster.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

If this is her, it's really no surprise.

So, best case scenario for the parents is that the father really does punish his malnourished daughter who didn't drink her milk by making her stand in the alley at three in the morning and she was eaten by a coyote. Good luck, idiots.

They just arrested the father again a little bit ago. (My personal opinion, they need to arrest the mother too. )

http://www.fox4news.com/news/father-...ury-to-a-child

The father of a missing Richardson girl was arrested Monday night for injury to a child.

Wesley Mathews was taken into custody on Monday night on the new charge, which is a first degree felony.

Authorities discovered the body of a child on Sunday in a culvert in Richardson. Police believe the body is that of missing child Sherin Mathews, 3, but the medical examiner has not yet confirmed the identity. The culvert is about half a mile from the family's home, directly down the railroad tracks from where her father said he left her for punishment at 3 a.m. on Oct. 7, because she wouldn't drink her milk.

Wesley Mathews was previously charged with child endangerment and was free on bond, but had to wear an ankle monitor. He made an appearance in court on Monday morning for a custody hearing involving his four-year-old biological daughter.

This is kind of why I believe his story is real and he's that fucking stupid to punish a child this way. like he thought he would scare her into never not wanting to drink it again or some shit. idk. this guy is dumb as fuck either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    This is kind of why I believe his story is real and he's that fucking stupid to punish a child this way. like he thought he would scare her into never not wanting to drink it again or some shit. idk. this guy is dumb as fuck either way.
    I think he probably told an exaggerated lie to cover up the bigger lie. The whole "put her outside at 3am by herself" seems so out there- that it must be true? Why would he tell that story because it makes him look terrible? I guess in the grand scheme of things, putting a child outside sounds a lot less "sick" than killing them because they won't drink milk.

I think it's the same as the sickos that admit to killing a child but won't ever admit to raping them (even tho they were raped)

One item I noticed from the search warrant

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I think he probably told an exaggerated lie to cover up the bigger lie. The whole "put her outside at 3am by herself" seems so out there- that it must be true? Why would he tell that story because it makes him look terrible? I guess in the grand scheme of things, putting a child outside sounds a lot less "sick" than killing them because they won't drink milk.

I think it's the same as the sickos that admit to killing a child but won't ever admit to raping them (even tho they were raped)

One item I noticed from the search warrant
    Yeah, I wondered why they'd take something like that too - only reason I could think of was spatter evidence of some sort

http://www.fox4news.com/news/father-...hoking-on-milk

He said she died choking on milk and he moved her body.

Forced it down her throat?

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I've been trying to find an update all morning. I knew you guys would be faster than Google.

I've been trying to find an update all morning. I knew you guys would be faster than Google.

The police are really wanting to speak with the mother now. They think the father's story is very suspicious (no kidding). The mother's attorney quit today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristmas View Post
    The police are really wanting to speak with the mother now. They think the father's story is very suspicious (no kidding). The mother's attorney quit today.

You made me look.

It's all so fuckey.
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...s-choked-death

I knew they found her body and about the forcing of the milk from news updates but it made me sad and made it hit home to log on and see that my "missing persons" thread turned into a "non MDS Death" thread. RIP Sherin, you deserved so much better from your parents.

Thread Information