Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sherin Mathews (3) was found dead and an investigation is ongoing

Her lawyer quit?

"Fuck this shit, I'm out."

Smart dude.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I don't know if I believe the forcing of milk thing for reasons. 1. Is that he's a known liar trying to save his own ass. 2. Is because he said it happened in the garage.

Hopefully the ME will be able to find the COD.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I don't know if I believe the forcing of milk thing for reasons. 1. Is that he's a known liar trying to save his own ass. 2. Is because he said it happened in the garage.

Hopefully the ME will be able to find the COD.
    My take on this is that he was probably originally trying to giver her milk in the kitchen and she was resisting and probably making a lot of noise, so he took her into the garage so she wouldn't wake up the other kid and the wife, and then in the garage when she still wouldn't drink the milk he got frustrated and ended up acting rashly and either forced it down her throat or injured her in some way that led to her death, so then he came up with his crazy ass coyote alley story while he hid the body (not very well.)
    That's all wild speculation on my part though.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    My take on this is that he was probably originally trying to giver her milk in the kitchen and she was resisting and probably making a lot of noise, so he took her into the garage so she wouldn't wake up the other kid and the wife, and then in the garage when she still wouldn't drink the milk he got frustrated and ended up acting rashly and either forced it down her throat or injured her in some way that led to her death, so then he came up with his crazy ass coyote alley story while he hid the body (not very well.)
    That's all wild speculation on my part though.
    I have absolutely no proof of this and it is solely my personal opinion, I believe the mother is the one who caused the death of Sherin. Maybe I am just completely jaded. But the fact that this mother never once searched for her daughter, and would not cooperate with the police when the little one was "missing" just leads me to believe this.

Mother has hired a new attorney. In his first statement he stated that the mother had cooperated with police, however even her previous attorney and the RPD stated she hadn't.

This is such a load of fucking crap too considering her other child has been in CPS custody since day one.

"Now that Mr. Mathews has turned himself into the police and told them what happened to Sherin, we see no need for Mrs. Mathews to endure further police interrogation. She had nothing to do with Sherin's death or the removal of her body from the home," Nolte said in a statement. "Mrs. Mathews is trying to grieve for her lost daughter while still caring for her remaining daughter. She is struggling to pick up the pieces of a shattered life."

http://www.fox4news.com/news/father-...oked-into-jail

last time I believe an idiot
    the mom probably didn't search because the husband told her what he did, or she was awake and saw it happen. I don't think she's innocent at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

I wrote an entire piece pertaining to this case well more so about some parents/caregivers not having enough patience with young children/babies. And before they arrested the father for the second time I said if his story about sending the girl out alone due to not drinking her milk was true (Which I thought was super bizarre but possibly not true.) then maybe it was a cultural difference of discipline. And out of that someone said I was defending abuse. Blahhhhhhh! I was kind of pissed but then did some actually research of discipline in India and I must admit the story wasn?t so bizarre after reading a few studies conducted of child bearing in India. And I thought well maybe if he grew up in these conditions then it would maybe explain why he chose that ?method of discipline? either way I don?t agree with that method. But darn it I hate when people jump the guy and make assumptions so I guess I was kind of playing devil?s advocate. I?ll be retiring that title now. Lol

This is so sad. It's now being reported that the parents has left Sherin for an hour and half while the parents and biological child had gone to eat.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dalla...tody/492424405

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/...-child-1784133

Parents Of Sherin Mathews Lose Right To See Biological Child

Good

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ce/1003209001/

I'm guessing the nature of how she was left/found dumped, and the past abuse is what they are basing this on due to the decomp?
    The news is stating that they cannot determine cause of death due to decomp, however the RPD stated that there are details they are not releasing from the autopsy until they determine if they are going to add additional charges. The parents were supposed to have another hearing yesterday with CPS, however they asked for a continuance. (This hearing is supposedly to determine the next steps to be taken for the daughter they didn't murder. Sini Mathew's (the mother) attorney is stating that the autopsy results prove the mother didn't contribute to Sherin's death, but I call bullshit. She was in the home, she neglected and harmed her daughter previously, and both parents can rot in jail for all I care.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/possi...ring/500556520

A Child Protective Services hearing for Wesley and Sini Mathews, the adoptive parents of deceased 3-year-old Sherin Mathews, has been delayed until Jan. 26.

The purpose of the hearing, which was supposed to take place Wednesday, is for custody of their biological 4-year-old daughter. CPS removed her from the Mathews' Richardson home on Oct. 7, the day her sister Sherin allegedly went missing.

Attorneys for both clients asked the judge for a delay so they could work on an agreement between both parties.

The request came a few hours after WFAA learned that "homicidal violence" was listed as the manner of death for Sherin Mathews.

RELATED: From A to Z: The Sherin Mathews case

Both parents remain in jail. Sini is charged with abandoning or endangering a child and Wesley is charged with injury to a child. Sherin's body was found in a culvert about a month after she disappeared.

The couple's biological child was in foster care for four weeks before the state determined she could live with family in the Houston area.

During the Mathews' last hearing on Dec. 5, the ruling by Judge Cheryl Lee Shannon opened the door for CPS to permanently take parental rights away from both parents.

The court found aggravated circumstances and denied the Mathews parents of seeing their biological child until a formal civil trial. This also meant that CPS did not have to provide any family reunification service, which is the process of returning the children in temporary out-of-home care to their families of origin.

RELATED: CPS Commissioner: CPS failed Sherin Mathews

Two outcomes are possible for the next CPS hearing:

1. Sini and Wesley could both voluntarily relinquish their parental rights.

2. The court could terminate their rights involuntarily during a formal civil trial.

Both outcomes have severe and long-lasting consequences. Following termination, the parent and child no longer share a legal relationship and this decision is irreversible once completed. Basically, the child is legally free to be adopted by someone else.

If the Texas Department of Family Protective Service pursues termination, it typically does so to both parents.

Only in rare cases, and after meeting with the attorney representing DFPS, may it decide to terminate one parent's rights and not the other -- due to the one parent being a danger to the health, safety and wellbeing of the child.

If the Mathews voluntarily terminate their rights, the court must hold a hearing and order termination of parental rights to the child based on the affidavit of voluntary relinquishment and a finding that the termination is in the child?s best interest.

If they do not voluntarily terminate their parental rights, DFPS may request the termination of parental rights. The caseworker will consider whether the parent presents a threat to the child?s safety and stability, whether adoption is in the child?s best interest, whether there are grounds for termination, and whether the case was mediated and an agreement could not be met.

The following are grounds for termination of parental rights according to DFPS? handbook:

Endangerment: The most common grounds for termination of parental rights are exposing a child to conduct or an environment that endangers the physical or emotional wellbeing of the child.
    Abandonment: Several factors can affect which, if any, grounds for abandonment may apply. Where the child was left, how long the parent is gone, what the parent said or didn?t say when leaving the child, etc.
    Failure to support a child.
    Criminal activity or imprisonment: Certain specific conduct that causes death or serious injury to a child and results in a criminal conviction or community supervision, including deferred adjudication, are grounds for termination.
    CPS tells WFAA that if the judge sets a formal trial date because neither Sini or Wesley voluntarily relinquish their parental rights, it will likely be for the beginning of 2018.

? 2018 WFAA-TV

The parental rights of these two pieces of shit parents have been permanently terminated for their "bio" child. So sorry Sherin the world failed you. So glad your sister is given a chance at a life full of love and happiness.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/sheri...ghts/500556520

Wesley and Sini Mathews, adoptive parents of deceased 3-year-old Sherin Mathews, have decided to give up their parental rights to their 4-year-old biological child.

The couple signed relinquishment paperwork for their biological child Friday morning during their scheduled final CPS hearing.

CPS removed her from the Mathews' Richardson home in the early hours of the morning on Oct. 9, two days after her sister Sherin was reported missing. Sherin was found weeks later in a culvert.

An autopsy concluded she died of homicidal violence, but how she died could not be determined due to the decomposition of the body.

Both parents walked in the courtroom in street clothes but were shackled. Neither showed any emotion during the short hearing.

It was the first time they had been seen in public since Wesley Mathews was indicted on a charge of capital murder and Sini on a charge of child abandonment. Neither showed any emotion during the hearing.

The judge asked both of them if they understand what the decision meant. Both said they did.
    The couple's biological child was in foster care for four weeks before the state determined she could live with maternal relatives in the Houston area. Friday?s court hearing paves the way for them to adopt her. For now, CPS has been appointed permanent managing conservator of the child.

A home study has already been conducted on their home with favorable results, a CPS worker told the judge. The Mathews could potentially have supervised visits at some point.

Attorneys for the Mathews said relinquishment was in the best interest for their biological child. During the Mathews' last hearing on Dec. 5, the ruling by Judge Cheryl Lee Shannon opened the door for CPS to permanently take parental rights away from both parents.

The court found aggravated circumstances and denied the Mathews parents of seeing their biological child until a formal civil trial. This also meant that CPS did not have to provide any family reunification service, which is the process of returning the children in temporary out-of-home care to their families of origin.

On Friday, the state was prepared to outline its argument in favor of termination of their parental rights but the Mathews couple voluntarily did so.

Following termination of rights, a parent and child no longer share a legal relationship and this decision is irreversible once completed. Basically, the child is legally free to be adopted by someone else.

If the Texas Department of Family Protective Service pursues termination, it typically does so to both parents.

Only in rare cases, and after meeting with the attorney representing DFPS, may it decide to terminate one parent's rights and not the other -- due to the one parent being a danger to the health, safety and well-being of the child.

The following are grounds for termination of parental rights according to DFPS? handbook:

Endangerment: The most common grounds for termination of parental rights are exposing a child to conduct or an environment that endangers the physical or emotional wellbeing of the child.
    Abandonment: Several factors can affect which, if any, grounds for abandonment may apply. Where the child was left, how long the parent is gone, what the parent said or didn?t say when leaving the child, etc.
    Failure to support a child.
    Criminal activity or imprisonment: Certain specific conduct that causes death or serious injury to a child and results in a criminal conviction or community supervision, including deferred adjudication, are grounds for termination.
    Wesley has a criminal court date set for Feb. 20, Sini also is scheduled on the same day. This will be their first appearance.

Thread Information