Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sherin Mathews (3) was found dead and an investigation is ongoing

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar

Sherin Mathews (3) was found dead and an investigation is ongoing

So I have been following this one since I received an Amber Alert for it on Saturday afternoon, as it is local to me.

On Saturday, the Amber alert gave her description, her age, and the disclaimer that she may be in grave and immediate danger.

On Sunday, more details began to unravel, and soon after, her father was arrested.

It seems he may have put her outside at 3 a.m. as a punishment for not drinking all of her milk, and then he says when he went back outside 15 minutes later she was gone.

I call so much bullshit on this one, mostly because why is a toddler being forced to drink milk at 3 a.m., why would you put a toddler in the backyard at 3 a.m. (the reports say she was beyond the back fence near a treeline) and also he didn't report her missing until 8 a.m.

Here's some links about it:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/miss...d-grave-danger

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ric...450019193.html

Here is Sherin:

So what do you guys think? I'm thinking she is dead, killed as a punishment gone awry, and then this idiot story concocted to cover it up, much like Trenton Duckett's mom and that whole clusterfuck. (There was evidence Trenton had wet not only his bed, but also his mom's the night he went missing so speculation is murder by accident during punishment for that.)

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Double post, but it's also coming out that she may have been adopted from India 2 years ago. The couple has an older 4 year old daughter that has been removed from the home during the investigation. The father has bailed out of jail at this point, and the Facebook I found for them early on has been deleted.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    I have a feeling you’re right Jillian. Either it was a punishment gone awry or he really did put her outside and some pedo got lucky. Either way it’s horrible. Poor baby.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    So I have been following this one since I received an Amber Alert for it on Saturday afternoon, as it is local to me.

On Saturday, the Amber alert gave her description, her age, and the disclaimer that she may be in grave and immediate danger.

On Sunday, more details began to unravel, and soon after, her father was arrested.

It seems he may have put her outside at 3 a.m. as a punishment for not drinking all of her milk, and then he says when he went back outside 15 minutes later she was gone.

I call so much bullshit on this one, mostly because why is a toddler being forced to drink milk at 3 a.m., why would you put a toddler in the backyard at 3 a.m. (the reports say she was beyond the back fence near a treeline) and also he didn't report her missing until 8 a.m.

Here's some links about it:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/miss...d-grave-danger

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ric...450019193.html

Here is Sherin:

So what do you guys think? I'm thinking she is dead, killed as a punishment gone awry, and then this idiot story concocted to cover it up, much like Trenton Duckett's mom and that whole clusterfuck. (There was evidence Trenton had wet not only his bed, but also his mom's the night he went missing so speculation is murder by accident during punishment for that.)
    This is local to me too, in fact I live about 5 miles from where this happened. No way he put her outside at 3 am, then goes inside and does laundry until 8 am before calling the police. CPS has previous case(s) with this family. His church members bailed him out of jail, and he has to surrender his passport and wear an ankle monitor. Both he and the wife have each hired lawyers. Everything about this one tells me he killed her. And I will gladly eat my words if she is found. Although we get lots of coyotes over near my house (we live right near White Rock Lake), never once have I read or heard about anyone (unless you count small pets) being taken by one.

Side note: I absolutely hate when the news media states "adoptive parent" or "adopted child" as I am adopted and if you were to ask my parents, I am just as much their child as my brothers are, whom are their biological children.

"After looking around for her, he said he then went inside to do laundry and decided to wait until it was light out to continue searching or for her to return on her own, Perlich said." What the actual fuck? Also, it's horrifying to think that his story of making her stand outside at 3am for not drinking milk seemed more innocent than what he actually did to her. Why would anyone bail this turd out even if the milk story is true? Ugh.

As soon as I saw this this afternoon I read the headline to my husband then said "so he killed her and came up with this stupid story."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

As many options are open to ppl now and they still hurt their kids is sickening.
    Hopefully they'll find her either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristmas View Post
    This is local to me too, in fact I live about 5 miles from where this happene

Side note: I absolutely hate when the news media states "adoptive parent" or "adopted child" as I am adopted and if you were to ask my parents, I am just as much their child as my brothers are, whom are their biological children.
    I'm adopted too! I feel the same way, I was adopted at 3 months old so I don't remember a different life!

Putting her outside because she didn't drink her milk sounds so stupid.
    If that is a lie that sounds bizarre, just imagine how f'ed up the real story is going to be.

The milk story must be somewhat true. One article said she was extremely underweight and the parents had her on a strict eating schedule. They would make her drink "milk" at weird hours.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/New...lowFB_DFWBrand
    There is a possible motive for the father’s insistence in the girl drinking milk.
    The Mathews adopted Sherin two years ago from an orphanage in India.
    The girl was reportedly malnourished, according to police.
    Her adoptive parents had been trying to put weight on her and would feed her at what some may consider odd times of the day.
    Make you wonder how many times he's put that poor girl out by the tree for punishment before this?

I'm going to be Kevin for a second.
    They need to bind this guy's arms and legs, throw him in a hole, and start shoveling dirt on top of him. It wouldn't take long for a confession.

Yeah, that pisses me off as well. I was adopted, too, when I was 8 months old (as my parents tell it because I obviously have no memory of it). My relationship with my parents was absolutely no different than had I been their biological child. I had an excellent childhood that was not impaired in any way by the fact that I was adopted.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    They need to bind this guy's arms and legs, throw him in a hole, and start shoveling dirt on top of him. It wouldn't take long for a confession.
    Haha that was too tame to be Kevansvault, but I like it!

I bet he can come up with something perfect for this asshat. Also, what kid wants to be woken up to drink milk at 3 a.m. I understand she was malnourished, at that point maybe a feeding tube or something like that is in order if you have to wake a kid up at 3 a.m. to eat that's 3 years old and not a newborn.

I don't think a pedophile happened upon her at 3 a.m. that would be one hell of a coincidence!

I read that the parents are no longer cooperating with the investigation. These people sound like real assholes. I hope they find her or at least evidence enough to arrest this douche soon.

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    I read that the parents are no longer cooperating with the investigation. These people sound like real assholes. I hope they find her or at least evidence enough to arrest this douche soon.
    The police got a search warrant and were searching the home when I went to sleep last night. Parents each have separate lawyers so that would lead me to believe that the Mom is not going to support the dad.

The police got a search warrant and were searching the home when I went to sleep last night. Parents each have separate lawyers so that would lead me to believe that the Mom is not going to support the dad.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3553366

This article makes it sound like they got a single Lawyer. If so, she may stand by her man. It was good to hear that the other child was removed from their home though.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This is sickening.

The only time that I refer to my kids as adopted is when I am with my son and women want to flirt. They look like, I don't want to disrespect his woman... But.. When I say that he's my son, they really look crazy since we're 11 years apart, and I look kind of young. Otherwise, I say that I have 3 kids, 31, 21, and 1.

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3553366

This article makes it sound like they got a single Lawyer. If so, she may stand by her man. It was good to hear that the other child was removed from their home though.
    This is a local article, about missing Sherin. It states they got separate lawyers, which is what I heard on the news. That being said, I know media likes to be the "first to report a story, even if it is inaccurate".
    http://www.fox4news.com/news/missing...ng-her-missing

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That poor little baby girl.

This just came out... Richardson Police now say a couple's vehicle was briefly absent the morning that their preschool daughter went missing and are asking nearby residents and business owners to review and share video footage that could show the vehicle's whereabouts.

Sherin Mathews, 3, was reported missing on the morning of Saturday, Oct. 7, and was reported to have last been seen by her father, Wesley Mathews.
    Police say they now have information that the Mathews family's 2013 maroon Acura MDX SUV was absent from the residence between the hours of 4 and 5 a.m. that morning.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/rich...eft-police-say

Something else I find disturbing is the wife's attorney spoke yesterday and this comment tells me the wife knows the little girl is no longer alive.. “The mere fact that you do not hear from a person who is mourning — some individuals mourn differently,” her attorney said. “The fact that she may walk up and down the street and react differently to a time of trauma is not indicative of anything.” However in another sentence he states she just wants her daughter home. (But I think this is referring to the daughter that CPS took into custody.)

Like I said on my Facebook a couple of days ago "If this little girl is found alive, I'll eat my hat!"

At least the parents are dumb enough to not have a convincing story, so the spotlight turned on them really quickly, so hopefully LE can recover Sherin.

If she was adopted 2 years ago why would she still be severely underweight? Surely 2 years would be more than enough time to get her up to an regular weight?

Sad even more that she was adopted from another country so already had a bad start in life then the people that adopted her at the very least if their stupid story is true locked her outside in the middle of the night.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.154f09920df7

Police want to know why a couple’s SUV left home after their toddler went missing at 3 a.m.

By Avi Selk and Marwa Eltagouri October 14

Sherin Mathews, 3, disappeared last week in Richardson, Tex. (Richardson Texas Police Department/AP)
    The disappearance of Sherin Mathews, 3, has sounded strange to some ever since it came to light a week ago.

Wesley Mathews told police he’d sent his daughter — in her pajamas at 3 a.m. on Oct. 7 — to stand alone beneath a tree across an alley from their home in Richardson, Tex.

This, apparently, was her punishment for refusing to drink milk.

When Mathews looked for Sherin 15 minutes later, he told police, she was gone.

Not yet too worried, the father said, he then did a load of laundry, according to a police affidavit. He waited until after sunrise before he reported the disappearance to police, who have since revealed stranger details yet.

Detectives and FBI agents searched Mathews’s house midweek, and subsequently announced that someone left in the family’s SUV about 4 a.m. on the day she disappeared, and returned home within the hour.

Mathews was arrested on child abandonment and endangerment charges the same day Sherin went missing but has since been released on bond and stopped cooperating with detectives, according to CBS 11.

Police said Sherin’s mother was asleep during the incident and she has not been charged, but the station reported that she’s also stopped cooperating. Child Protective Services, which had unspecified contact with the family before the disappearance, has since removed Sherin’s older sister from the home.

Neither parent were seen at a large vigil for the girl Friday, Fox 4 reported.

The same day, a tip led police to scour a cemetery near the edge of Richardson for signs of Sherin.

Born in India, the girl has passed from ward to ward for much of her short life.

She was abandoned by her birth parents before her second birthday, according to the Times of India, and rescued by adoption workers.

While in the agency’s custody, the Times reported, Sherin would wait for hours on the stairs until a worker she called “nani” arrived, then run and hug the woman.

The Mathewses adopted her last year, bringing her to their quiet neighborhood of mostly South Asian families outside Dallas, where Sherin met her new sister, who is one year older.

By age 3, Sherin weighed only 22 pounds, according to Richardson police. Her father told detectives she had an eating disorder, and the couple tried to feed her whenever she was awake.

In the small hours of last Saturday morning, Mathews told police, he couldn’t get her to drink her meal.

The tree to which he banished her stood about 100 feet from the house, according to a police affidavit — behind a fence and across from an alley in which coyotes sometimes roam.

Yet neither police nor volunteers who have spent a week looking for Sherin have reported any signs that the girl wandered off into the neighborhood or had some mishap in the alley.

“A lot of the story doesn’t make sense,” said Bob Morse, who lives a few houses away. He said he happened to be lighting a barbecue grill in his yard early Saturday morning, and saw and heard nothing.

Besides her eating disorder, police said, Sherin has a disability that makes it hard for her to communicate. Officials issued an Amber Alert for her after she disappeared, but they suspended it for lack of information.

Police returned to the home Wednesday with search warrants, according to CBS 11. They have since urged anyone within a half-hour drive to check surveillance cameras for signs of the couple’s SUV.

Candles and flowers now mark the spot where Sherin was last said to have been seen, according to CBS-11. In India, her grandparents told News Minute that her parents loved her and awaited her return.

But in North Dallas, Fox 4 reported, police made an extensive search of a cemetery near the Richardson border on Friday.

A tip had led them there, but nothing was found.

I've been following this daily, too. He put a 3 year old outside in a place know to have coyotes.....right.

When I looked up the address, you can notice a field or some sort of large clearing behind their house.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    Haha that was too tame to be Kevansvault, but I like it!

I bet he can come up with something perfect for this asshat. Also, what kid wants to be woken up to drink milk at 3 a.m. I understand she was malnourished, at that point maybe a feeding tube or something like that is in order if you have to wake a kid up at 3 a.m. to eat that's 3 years old and not a newborn.

I don't think a pedophile happened upon her at 3 a.m. that would be one hell of a coincidence!
    Much love to both of you for the shout out!

Seriously, as this is local to all three of us, this fucking stinks like yesterday's raw chicken.

Who in their right fucking mind does some stupid shit like this with a three year old? WHO?!!

Now, I completely understand part of the explanation: getting children who are "failure to thrive", or who have issues with food, to eat, is a daunting task at times. But you don't punish them for it!!! You just have to find better ways of doing it!!

And you for goddamn sure don't leave them alone in the early hours of the morning, outside, where all manner of predators are hunting for food. I've seen coyotes on my daytime bike rides here, shit! And this sack of donkey shit leaves this little one out in the middle of the night? Then, after losing sight of her, goes and does some laundry? The fuck??

Five minutes with him and he'd be begging to tell the authorities what he really did with this poor baby.

Some days I just want everyone on earth like this fuckwit to disappear, never to be seen or heard from again. We all deserve that, I think.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thread Information