Thread: Cathryn Gorospe (44) was murdered by a felon that she bailed out of jail

Cathryn Gorospe (44) was murdered by a felon that she bailed out of jail

Last edited by Olivia; 10-16-2017 at 03:13 PM.

This won't end well. She just bailed out a felon with a very long rap sheet. Blood in the car he was driving. Cuts on his finger and using her credit cards.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ail/749984001/

A search is underway for a Glendale kindergarten teacher who went missing after bailing a man out of a Flagstaff jail on Oct. 6, officials said.

Cathryn Gorospe's roommate reported her missing on Sunday afternoon, saying it was unusual for Gorospe not to have made arrangements for her dog if she was going to be away for a while.

Flagstaff resident Charlie Malzahn, 27, was taken into custody in Phoenix on Monday after police say he was caught using 44-year-old Cathryn Gorospe's credit and debit cards in Tucson and fleeing from police in Phoenix.

Authorities say he has refused to provide information on the whereabouts of Gorospe, who teaches at Arrowhead Elementary School in north Glendale.

Deer Valley Unified School District spokeswoman Monica Allread said the district is "very worried" about Gorospe, who has been teaching for 20 years. Teachers have provided age-appropriate information to students, as well as counseling and assurances, Allread said.

Police seek the public's help, hoping someone saw one or both of them traveling in Gorospe's white 2010 Toyota Rav4 with Green Bay Packers stickers.

Gorospe reportedly told her roommate she was going to post bail for Malzahn, who had been in Coconino County Jail since Aug. 20, have dinner and then return home, Flagstaff police spokesman Sgt. Cory Runge said.

Authorities said shortly after 10 p.m., Gorospe bailed out Malzahn, who was booked on charges of theft, prohibited possession of a gun, possession of a gun during the commission of a felony and entering a public establishment after a reasonable request to have no weapons in the establishment.

Officials believe Malzahn and Gorospe traveled west from Flagstaff, but haven't confirmed how long the two were together.

Police believe Malzahn took the vehicle from Gorospe at some point during his travels through Chino Valley, Prescott, Prescott Valley, Dewey, Phoenix, Tempe, Gold Canyon and ultimately Clifton, about 30 miles west of the New Mexico border.

Runge said Malzahn contacted several acquaintances to get drugs and a gun early on Oct. 7 in Clifton. One acquaintance agreed to go with Malzahn to Tucson, stopping at a Shell gas station and a Dollar General in Safford along the way, Runge said.

About 1 p.m., Tucson police contacted Malzahn at Tucson Mall after he attempted to purchase items with a woman's credit card, Runge said. Malzahn told officers he had permission to have the credit and debt cards, which belonged to Gorospe, Runge said.

The officer seized the purchased items and cards for further investigation but did not detain him, Runge said.

Malzahn's acquaintance, whom Flagstaff police did not name, described the vehicle Malzahn was driving as a white Rav4 that was missing portions of the rear bumper and had damage to the front quarter panel, Runge said.

The acquaintance told police there was blood on the center console, interior passenger door, sunroof and visor area and the interior driver door panel, Runge said.

Malzahn also had a cut on his right thumb, the acquaintance told police.

Based on the information, police updated the missing vehicle in a national database to indicate a possible homicide, Runge said.

Phoenix police spotted Gorospe's vehicle near 59th Avenue and Camelback Road at about 1:30 a.m. Monday, prompting a pursuit after Malzahn tried to flee from the officers, Police Department spokesman Sgt. Jonathan Howard said.

Malzahn crashed the vehicle near 27th and Northern avenues and was taken into custody without further incident, Howard said.

As Malzahn was being fingerprinted, he assaulted two officers and tried to escape, Howard said. One officer sustained a 9-inch cut on the back of his head during the struggle, Howard said.

Malzahn was eventually subdued and booked into the Fourth Avenue Jail on charges of unlawful flight, resisting arrest, attempted escape and aggravated assault, police said.

A preliminary hearing is set for Oct. 19 and Malzahn's bond was set at $2,700.

In March, Malzahn pleaded guilty to DUI. In August, he faced charges of prohibited possession of a gun.

In 2012, Malzahn was found guilty of aggravated assault on an officer, assault and resisting arrest.

Officials describe Gorospe as 5 feet, 5 inches and 150 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Flagstaff police at 928-774-1414.

I wonder how she knew this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yeh it doesn't sound like they had anything in common.

Maybe he was a penpal? A LOT of women write inmates.

There are a lot of websites for peole to

Sorry double post my phone just went weird and posted that b4 I was ready.

There's police cam footage of his arrest here if anyone's interested

http://www.azfamily.com/clip/1381003...harlie-malzahn

Also ...

this person on fb calls Cathryn her friend, but also says Charlie was her brother (after describing him as a monster).

So Cathryn's connection to him may have simply been through a longterm friendship, which made her put her guard down :(

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql...MTgzMDEwNTg%3D

Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

A preliminary hearing is set for Oct. 19 and Malzahn's bond was set at $2,700.
    Are you freakin kidding me???
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I wonder how she knew this guy?
    Unlikely, but maybe former student?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...her-found.html

Body of missing Arizona kindergarten teacher is found seven days after she bailed out her convicted felon friend, 27, before he 'stole her car and used his credit cards'

Police have identified the body of a kindergarten teacher from Arizona who had gone missing after bailing out a man.
    Cathryn Gorospe, 44, had been missing since Friday after posting bond for 27-year-old Chalie Malzahn
    Flagstaff police say they found the body likely belonging to the woman on Friday and that an autopsy is pending
    They wouldn't say where the body was found or what the cause of death could be
    Malzahn was placed back into custody just two days later after leading police on a car chase following an alleged string of crimes
    Law enforcement officials say they had questioned Malzahn on Gorospe's disappearance, who maintains that he is unaware of her whereabouts

An old friend of mine is posting about this on FB, she has some sort of link to her....think friend of a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

he Flagstaff Police Department officially ruled the case of missing Arrowhead Elementary teacher Cathryn Gorospe a homicide Tuesday.
    Police said human remains were found in Mayer, Arizona Friday. The suspect in the case, 27-year-old Charlie Malzahn, gave investigators details and directions, which led law enforcement to narrow the scope of the search.
    The remains were located on private property off Nugget Mine Road, police said.
    An autopsy has been completed in Yavapai County and determined the manner of death to be a homicide, according to police.
    A positive identification of the remains is still pending through DNA testing. Investigators said the testing will take time to process, however police believe the remains are Gorospe's for several reasons.
    Police said the body found matches the physical description of Gorospe, including the clothes she was last seen wearing.

http://www.12news.com/mobile/article...e/75-483992667

Thread Information