Thread: Alzheimer's patient Nancy Paulikas (55) was found dead two years after she went missing

Alzheimer's patient Nancy Paulikas (55) was found dead two years after she went missing

https://www.facebook.com/nancy.paulikas?hc_location=ufi

https://www.facebook.com/kirk.moody.56 - her husband

https://www.facebook.com/nancyismissing/

Thin Air did a really good podcast episode on Nancy's disappearance -

On October 15th, 2016, 55 year old Nancy Paulikas visited the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, also known as LACMA, with her husband Kirk and some other family members. The year before, Nancy was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's disease. She had severe dementia and had problems communicating, and by October of 2016, caring for her was Kirk's full time job.
    The trip to LACMA was going well, and Nancy was having a good day. But when the two got separated, Nancy vanished. After an hour of not finding her around the museum, Kirk called the police. Shockingly, Nancy has never been found.
    The last traces of her are surveillance video images of her on Wilshire and McCarthy Vista, an intersection not far from LACMA. Since her disappearance, Kirk, along with an incredible team of friends and family, has mounted an exhaustive effort to find her. Both Kirk's team and investigators believe it is likely that Nancy is alive, right now, in a medical facility where they cannot get any information about her, and that she may be misidentified with an incorrect social security number.
    In today's episode, we speak with Nancy's husband, Kirk, Barbra Mclendon with the organization Alzheimer's Greater Los Angeles, and Detective Micheal Rosenburger of Manhattan Beach Police, who is currently in charge of Nancy's case. We also speak with Matt Lewis, Peggy Griffith and Nancy Ward, all longtime friends of Kirk and Nancy's who knew Nancy pre-diagnosis and have assisted with the search.

https://www.facebook.com/thinairpodcast/

The family of a Manhattan Beach woman with Alzheimer?s disease who has been missing for nine months released an age-progressed photo Friday showing what she might look like today.

Nancy Paulikas, 56, wandered away from her husband during a visit to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art about 3 p.m. on Oct. 15, 2016. She was last seen on security video walking west near Wilshire Boulevard and McCarthy Vista wearing a red, long-sleeve blouse with a white pattern, blue jeans, glasses and navy blue sneakers.

Police and loved ones who have spent months desperately searching for Paulikas believe she is lost in the medical system and being cared for as a Jane Doe in a long-term facility. Her family is offering a $30,000 reward for information leading to her return.

They believe her appearance may have changed dramatically in the past nine months.

The image released Friday depicts Paulikas with white hair, no glasses and skin showing signs of stress. She is pictured wearing a beanie to draw attention away from her hair style and onto her facial features, said her husband, Kirk Moody.

?Someone suggested releasing an age-progressed photo and I decided it was worth a shot,? he said.

Moody plans to mail postcards with the image to thousands of specialized care facilities in 10 counties in Southern California in the hopes that someone will recognize his wife.

Paulikas, who lost her ability to communicate, is described as white, 5 feet, 7 inches tall and 140 pounds at the time of her disappearance, with a thin build, grayish brown hair and distinctive blue eyes. She may have removed a medical alert bracelet with her name and phone number.

In addition to regularly contacting hospitals and care facilities, Moody said he recently gave 800 business cards with his wife?s image to the head of the Los Angeles Bureau of Sanitation to be distributed to workers cleaning up homeless encampments.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Mike Rosenberger of the Manhattan Beach Police Department at 310-802-5140 or a tip line at 310-650-7965.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/2017/07/1...ancy-paulikas/

Is it normal to do an age progression photo of an older woman who has been missing 9 months? Just seems....odd.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Is it normal to do an age progression photo of an older woman who has been missing 9 months? Just seems....odd.
    I thought the same thing. A little unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    I thought the same thing. A little unnecessary.
    Actually, I like that they did it. It was probably more about how she'd look without access to hair dye etc. She looks just like someone that I used to know from the nursing home I worked at. I'll remember her face better now.

I'll be keeping an eye out in the homeless community. It's possible she landed there.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

If you look at her photos before alzheimers and the ones from just before she went missing, she actually looks really different and a lot older. She aged a lot in the year or so after she was diagnosed. I’ll post a comparison later

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    If you look at her photos before alzheimers and the ones from just before she went missing, she actually looks really different and a lot older. She aged a lot in the year or so after she was diagnosed. I’ll post a comparison later
    Oh I see. I thought the age progression was from when she went missing to what she would look like 9 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Yes, I think that since she was progressing downhill pretty rapidly, she wouldn't have kept up the same upkeep so it's trying to show how she may look now without that same upkeep, like if she is homeless of in a nursing home. I can see why they would do it.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

This was her just before she was diagnosed, I think

and after

I feel like that's a fairly big change in appearance, even with her being well cared for before she disappeared. If she is out on the streets or even in a care facility, she is likely to have 'aged' rapidly.

Thin Air Podcast just did a podcast on Nancy, episode 31.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by portia View Post
    Thin Air Podcast just did a podcast on Nancy, episode 31.
    Yep. Just listened to it. So sad.

This is the first time I've heard of health care facilities taking Jane and John Does and assigning them fake names and SSNs to collect money. That's disgusting!
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

According to the fb page for her, her remains have been found in a remote area of Los Angeles

Her medical examiner entry - http://mec.lacounty.gov/case-detail/...ber=2017-02039

I wonder how soon after March 2017 her family were told it might be her? I wonder why they could identify from ribs and not the skull?

CHARRED???!!! Holy hell this is sad!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    CHARRED???!!! Holy hell this is sad!
    Charred from the wild fire I think

www.facebook.com/whereisnancy

I'll bet they could tell you where to find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information