Thread: Texas Tech University campus officer Floyd East, Jr shot and killed by student

Texas Tech University campus officer Floyd East, Jr shot and killed by student

Lockdown was lifted about 30 mins ago I think.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...killed-n809281

Campus Police Officer Shot Dead at Texas Tech After Student Busted for Drugs
    by ERIN CALABRESE

Texas Tech campus was on lockdown for over an hour on Monday night after a police officer was shot and killed at the campus police headquarters,authorities said.

A call for a student "welfare check" lead campus officers to a room where they found drugs and drug paraphernalia, prompting the officers to bring the student to station, a spokesman for the school said in a statement.

"During this time, the suspect pulled a gun and shot an officer in the head," the statement read. "The officer is deceased."

The suspect then fled on foot, authorities said. The school tweeted out that anyone on campus should "shelter in place" just before 8 p.m. CT (9 p.m. ET).

The suspect, identified as Hollis Daniels, was caught by police around 9:30 p.m. CT after a search of the campus by various local law enforcement agencies, authorities said. The lockdown was lifted shortly after.
    http://www.depts.ttu.edu/communications/emergency/
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://www.depts.ttu.edu/communications/emergency/

Hollis Daniels.

Hollis Daniels, a 19-year-old college student at Texas Tech, is the accused shooter of a campus police officer, who was gunned down in the police headquarters, according to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.

Police had not yet formerly released the identity of the gunman, who was taken into custody around 9:30 p.m. after fleeing on foot, but the newspaper and other media outlets reported it on Twitter shortly after news of the shooting broke. The shooting caused panic throughout the locked down campus.

The Texas Tech police officer was shot and killed in the headquarters of the campus police department, Lubbock police confirmed to KCBD-TV.

Social media reports flooded in of a possible ?active shooter,? but, no one else was shot. The identity of the slain officer has not yet been released.

At 8:50 p.m., the university said in an update that the situation remained ongoing: ?Update: 8:50 p.m. 10/9/17. This is an update from Texas Tech University. The current situation is ongoing. Continue to shelter in place. We will provide more information as it becomes available. More information at emergency.ttu.edu.? At 9:20 p.m., the university reported, ?Campus remains on lockdown. Police Officers brought suspect to station for debriefing. Suspect shot an officer, fled on foot. Still at-large.? However, a short time later came news that Hollis A. Daniels was in custody.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Was this a hit or something? The cop touch this kid's sister? What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Wait, they didn't even search him???

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Wait, they didn't even search him???
    That's what I got out of it. This is a good size, but po-dunk town, and the University police force is about like babysitters for college kids (those words come directly from a friend of mine that worked as a police officer for Texas Tech for several years before he moved on). So I doubt they ever really thought it was a huge risk, sad to say.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    That's what I got out of it. This is a good size, but po-dunk town, and the University police force is about like babysitters for college kids (those words come directly from a friend of mine that worked as a police officer for Texas Tech for several years before he moved on). So I doubt they ever really thought it was a huge risk, sad to say.
    That and probably because he is white.

Still, he had drugs in his room, you think they would've searched him to make sure he at least didn't have any on him.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Damn, I don't even remember posting this. It's like 2017 has been wiped from my memory

Thread Information