Thread: Terrilynne Collins (54) shot during a home invasion while talking to her husband on the phone.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar

Terrilynne Collins (54) shot during a home invasion while talking to her husband on the phone.

Husband listens on phone as wife is killed in home invasion

PHOENIX ? A Phoenix-area lawyer said Wednesday he was on the phone with his wife when she was killed during a middle-of-the night encounter with an intruder at the family's get-away and future retirement home in eastern Arizona.

State police named a 14-year-old boy as a suspect in the killing, and authorities were searching for him.

Ernest Collins Jr. told The Associated Press that his wife, 54-year-old TerriLynne Collins, was killed early Tuesday morning while struggling with the intruder. She had been in the couple's home and went to a trailer on the property in response to a text for help from the couple's 18-year-old daughter.

Collins said his wife called him before she went to the trailer and that he was able to hear much of what happened during the fatal encounter in Concho, a rural community about 160 miles (257 kilometers) northeast of Phoenix.

Trooper Kameron Lee, an Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman, provided the victim's identity but told the AP that investigators did not want to release additional information on the circumstances of the incident, including how TerriLynne Collins was killed.

Collins, an attorney in Mesa, was distraught at times during a phone interview with the AP.

He said he didn't immediately understand what was going on when his wife called him after midnight and woke him from a deep sleep. She was apparently walking to the trailer where their daughter and the daughter's friend were staying at the time.

As he listened to his wife confront the intruder, "I finally realized that she had someone at gunpoint," Collins said.

He immediately called a neighbor in Concho and asked her to send her husband to the Collins' property. The neighbor said he should call 911 instead. When Collins did that, he was told deputies were already dispatched and he believed his wife had called 911 before heading for the trailer.

Collins said he then got back on the call from his wife and heard her speak with the intruder, whom he thinks was wearing a ski mask and was armed with a knife.

"I heard my wife telling him 'you're just a kid, you're just a stupid kid and you're going to ruin your life,'" Collins said.

The conversation went back and forth, with the suspect telling Collins' wife to shoot him in the head, the husband said.

"I'm yelling as loud as I can through the phone to shoot the (expletive), shoot him," Collins said.

Collins said his wife yelled at their daughter and her friend to run from the trailer and they did, with the daughter hearing a gunshot as she got outside.

"My wife did not come out of the trailer," the husband said.

Lee identified the suspect as 14-year-old Joshua Cade Richardson, whom Lee said remained at large Wednesday.

The DPS said he was last seen in the Show Low area of neighboring Navajo County wearing a gray hoodie and blue jeans. He was described as 5-foot-6, 135 pounds with short brown hair and blue eyes. as having acne and a scar on his right forearm. DPS provided no other information on the suspect.

Concho Elementary School District Administrator Steve Yoder said Richardson was enrolled as a seventh-grader at the school for 10 days before switching back to home schooling two weeks ago. Yoder said Richardson was not enrolled in the school long enough for people at the school to get to know him.

Collins said his wife of nearly 21 years was a devout Christian and "a very devoted mom" to their six children and that she loved the Concho area, where they planned to retire. "Everything that we ever wanted was up there and now it's just gone."

He said he didn't know the suspect.

"I hope they catch this kid," Collins said. "I hope he resists because I don't want him to go to prison and get released in four years."
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...ion/ar-AAsUzjS

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

How very...odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

14 and a 7th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    14 and a 7th grader?
    Could be he either started school a year late or stayed back. 14 is usually the age kids become freshman.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

I think if kids have a birthday in December they start school late. The kid may be almost 15 right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I think if kids have a birthday in December they start school late. The kid may be almost 15 right now.
    Wait... that doesn't make sense. Never mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I would've killed the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    My youngest started "late" (his bday is 12/1, cut off date was 12/2). He started 7th grade this year and will be turning 13 in December - his older brother however didn't turn 13 until he was in 8th grade so even though they are 4 years apart in age, they are 5 years apart in grades.

Hope that makes sense lol.

I guess this kid could have been held back after already starting late? I mean, if he made it to a senior in high school he would have been 19, possibly 20 depending when his birthday was - when I was a senior in high school, no one was 19 or 20. Just odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It mentions that he was home schooled previous to going in to public school. They likely tested him to see what level he was working at and placed him in the grade he was closest to by education.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It mentions that he was home schooled previous to going in to public school. They likely tested him to see what level he was working at and placed him in the grade he was closest to by education.
    yes. I home schooled for two years , my 13 year old was good to go to eighth grade my 7 year old tested more like a first grader and turned 8 during his first grade year. Short of being a better teacher I felt like it is an important year to learn the foundations so I agreed to first grade. He is in third grade now and succeeding. So t was right choice for him. He is the oldest in his class probably always will be.

http://www.abc15.com/news/state/terr...-arizona-woman

PHOENIX - A 14-year-old boy accused of killing a woman in eastern Arizona pleaded not guilty to one count of first-degree murder and burglary, his attorney said Tuesday.

Joshua Cade Richardson was charged last week in the murder of 54-year-old TerriLynne Collins. The woman was found dead after a struggle at her family's getaway property and future retirement home.

Mesa lawyer Ernest Collins Jr. said he wants the teen to be charged as an adult. Collins said his wife was shot in the forehead.

Collins said last week he was on the phone with his wife when she was killed during the struggle with an intruder. She had been in the couple's home and went to a trailer on the property in response to a text for help from their 18-year-old daughter.

Collins said he could hear his wife speak with the intruder before she later yelled at their daughter and her friend to run from the trailer. He said they did and that his daughter heard a gunshot as she got outside.

The Apache County Attorney's Office filed consent charges last week stating the boy had a handgun, knife and hockey stick during the attack.

Authorities said they took the teen into custody without incident last week.

Attorney Cindy Castillo will represent the boy during his preliminary hearing Wednesday.

Thread Information