Thread: Ashanti Billie (19) was found dead behind a church

Ashanti Billie (19) was found dead behind a church

http://wavy.com/2017/09/19/virginia-...ed-suspicious/

Police say that Ashanti Markaila Billie is considered missing after she did not show up for work near Shore Drive and did not attend a scheduled class near Town Center. Her disappearance is considered suspicious because some of her belongings were found in Norfolk.

She was last seen in the 4400 block of Bonney Road, Midtown at Town Center Apartments, Monday around 4 a.m.

Billie is 4?11? tall and weighs around 133 pounds. She may be driving a 2014 cream color Mini Cooper with Maryland license plate 2CX-0575.

I'm walking out the door so I don't have a link, but I think her body has been found in either Charlotte or Charlottesville.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/c...64bf7e246.html

Body found in Charlotte believed to be that of missing Virginia Beach 19-year-old Ashanti Billie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Last edited by Olivia; 10-10-2017 at 01:28 AM.

http://wjla.com/news/local/report-ar...ashanti-billie

Retired Navy veteran charged with murder, kidnapping in the death of Ashanti Billie

A retired Navy veteran has been arrested and charged in connection with the abduction and murder of Ashanti Billie, a Prince George's County teen who went missing in September.

According to the Department of Justice, 45-year-old Eric Brian Brown allegedly kidnapped Billie on September 18. On that day, the 19-year-old arrived at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek in Norfolk to go to work at a Blimpie's Sub Shop, located on the base. That was the last time she was seen alive.

Court documents state that Brown worked as a day laborer at the Blimpie's over the summer. Brown served 21 years in the Navy and investigators believe him to be a homeless man who "lives at random facilities and buildings on and off naval bases."

Billie's co-workers told investigators Brown allegedly tried to flirt with the teen on numerous occasions and one person told authorities they heard Brown make a "crude sexual comment directly to Billie."

On October 27, Brown sat down with law enforcement agents and said he was on Joint Base Little Creek on September 17, but had "blacked out" and could not remember what he did on the days following. He also told authorities "he could not remember if he did anything to Billie."

DNA evidence located on Billie's body and clothing matched Brown's profile, according to authorities.

On Wednesday evening, Brown was charged with murder by detectives with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department. He is also facing kidnapping charges and could face the maximum penalty of life in prison if convicted, the DOJ reports.

His initial court appearance was held Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, Norfolk.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    http://wjla.com/news/local/report-ar...ashanti-billie

Retired Navy veteran charged with murder, kidnapping in the death of Ashanti Billie
    I'm glad that he was caught.

On October 27, Brown sat down with law enforcement agents and said he was on Joint Base Little Creek on September 17, but had "blacked out" and could not remember what he did on the days following. He also told authorities "he could not remember if he did anything to Billie.

Why do people say things like this when they are guilty? It seems like a stall tactic. Are they hoping something will come up that would implicate someone else? Is it because "I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable answer? I often hear this response during questioning and I've always been curious as to the motivation. Like, why not just invent an alibi? Saying you were at home alone seems more believable than "I blacked out".
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

RIP little one :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    On October 27, Brown sat down with law enforcement agents and said he was on Joint Base Little Creek on September 17, but had "blacked out" and could not remember what he did on the days following. He also told authorities "he could not remember if he did anything to Billie.

Why do people say things like this when they are guilty? It seems like a stall tactic. Are they hoping something will come up that would implicate someone else? Is it because "I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable answer? I often hear this response during questioning and I've always been curious as to the motivation. Like, why not just invent an alibi? Saying you were at home alone seems more believable than "I blacked out".
    I haven't killed anyone yet, but maybe some of them aren't lying, and they do actually black out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

This is my neck of the woods. I actually work on one of the naval bases. We were pretty freaked when it happened. I feel for her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I haven't killed anyone yet, but maybe some of them aren't lying, and they do actually black out.
    Hmmm...it's certainly possible. I had just listened to a Vanished podcast before I wrote that comment where they were questioning a mother who was most likely hiding her daughter and granddaughter's whereabouts. Her go-to answer was "I don't remember".

"Did you hire a PI to find your daughter?"
    "I don't remember."
    "Well, you posted on fb that you did."
    "I don't remember that."
    "You said that was where the go fund me money went."
    "I don't remember that either."
    "Then where did the money go?"
    "I'm not really sure."

And so on and so forth. I don't believe people when they say they don't remember (not all the time, certain instances). It's seems to be a commonly used aversion tactic. I don't know much, though, so...cool story, Non.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

Dear God, that poor girl:-(.

This is my stomping grounds. I'm next to Town Center damn near every day, I've made trips onto JEB and Shore Drive is like my own backyard.
    Damn. For all I know, she and I might have passed each other in one of those areas.
    This hits close.

Rest In Peace, Ashanti. I am so sorry this monster got you☹️

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/c...6956a7842.html

Ashanti Billie's cause of death is listed as "undetermined trauma" in autopsy report

Ashanti Billie died from unspecified trauma and was found in a state of advanced decay, according to a medical examiner’s report.

The autopsy was performed by the Mecklenburg County Medical Examiner’s Office. In the report, released by the North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Billie’s cause of death is listed as “undetermined trauma.”
    The autopsy report states that Billie’s body was found “partially skeletonized,” meaning bones were visible.

Billie’s shirt and hoodie were pulled over her head to her hands, the report says. Besides the shirt and hoodie, she’s listed as wearing only socks and a sports bra.

The document lists several things preserved as evidence from Billie’s body, including clothing, insect larva, jewelry, fingerprints, hair and swabs from Billie’s fingernails, teeth and other spots on her body.

Billie was positively identified by a tattoo of three roses connected by beads on her right thigh, the report said.

The release of the autopsy report comes as prosecutors, in an unusual move, asked a judge to have the federal Bureau of Prisons evaluate Brown’s mental health. According to court documents, they are questioning Brown’s competency to stand trial in light of unspecified “irrational behavior” and “bizarre conduct” witnessed since he became a suspect in Billie’s death.
    http://wtkr.com/2017/11/30/petition-...-made-in-case/

Petition launched for Ashanti Billie’s Blimpie coworkers who say they were fired after arrest made in case

Parents of the 19-year-old college student who was kidnapped from Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story in September are supporting a petition to boycott Blimpie.

Na'Rabia White, one of Ashanti Billie's former co-workers at the Blimpie, tells News 3 she was fired shortly after Ashanti's body was found and Eric Brian Brown was arrested.
    The online petition on change.org currently has more than 2,000 signatures.

News 3 reached out to Blimpie for comment about the firings and the petition, but they did not immediately respond to our calls or emails.

Meltony Billie, Ashanti's father, is one of those who signed it. In a text message, Meltony told News 3 he was surprised to see the petition. He continued by saying that his family owes many thanks to community activists and concerned citizens that helped find Ashanti and are continuing to get justice for her.

In court documents, it says Ashanti's coworkers helped the FBI throughout their investigation. Documents say coworkers told the FBI that Brown stopped coming into the shop after Ashanti disappeared. They also say coworkers told investigators that Brown tried to flirt with Ashanti at the restaurant and even made crude comments towards her.

After Ashanti disappeared, Blimpie added $10,000 to the FBI's reward for information leading to an arrest in the case.

Why were they fired?

Found this article. It doesn't explain why they were fired, but it's creepy never-the-less.
    Last edited by pinkhair4me; 12-18-2017 at 03:47 PM.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

[quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

http://www.13newsnow.com/news/local/...ucky/501514326

Suspect in Ashanti Billie case moved to federal facility in Kentucky

Federal authorities have transferred the suspect charged in the abduction and killing of 19-year-old Ashanti Billie.

Eric Brian Brown is now in custody in another state.
    The public affairs office of the Federal Bureau of Prisons confirmed late Thursday, he is now at the Federal Medical Center in Lexington, Kentucky, which is about 600 miles away.

A court order from a federal judge mandated U.S. marshals transport Brown for an examination by at least one psychiatrist or licensed clinical psychologist. The purpose is to determine if Brown is mentally competent to understand the proceedings against him and assist in his defense. The order said the commitment at the federal facility should not exceed thirty days

http://wtvr.com/2018/06/05/ashanti-b...schizophrenia/

Ashanti Billie murder suspect diagnosed with schizophrenia; ruled incompetent to stand trial

A court has found the man accused of kidnapping and murdering 19-year-old Ashanti Billie last September to be incompetent to stand trial.

According to court documents obtained by WTKR, attorney Andrew Grindrod wrote that Navy veteran Eric Brian Brown's doctors said he needs to be involuntary medicated because he is a danger to himself and others. Brown was diagnosed with schizophrenia in January, the documents say.

This Thursday there will be a hearing on whether Brown can be forcibly medicated.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/25/p...ill/index.html

A bill that would create a national emergency network for missing adults passed the House in a voice vote Tuesday night.

The legislation would allow for the development of an "Ashanti Alert," which would notify the public of a missing adult if the individual has a proven physical or mental disability, if law enforcement certifies that the person's physical safety might be in danger or if authorities believe their disappearance was involuntary.

The bill is named after Ashanti Billie, who was 19 years old when she went missing from her job on a military base in Virginia on September 18, 2017. Her body was discovered in North Carolina 11 days later. A retired Navy veteran was charged with her abduction and murder.

The new Ashanti Alert will be integrated into the Blue Alert system, which issues public notifications about threats to police officers. If enacted, the Ashanti Alert will notify the public in the same way that an AMBER Alert does, with an emergency alert sent out on broadcasts and cellphones.

https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news...shanti-billie/

The man accused of kidnapping and murdering Ashanti Billie is now facing additional charges.

Retired Navy veteran Eric Brian Brown is accused of abducting Billie from Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story in September 2017. The 19-year-old’s body was found a week and a half later in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Brown was charged with murder and kidnapping by authorities in North Carolina. He was also previously indicted in Norfolk in December 2018 on charges of kidnapping resulting in death, assault resulting in serious bodily injury and theft.

In a superseding indictment filed Wednesday, the grand jury charged Brown with kidnapping resulting in death, assault with intent to commit aggravated sexual abuse and sexual abuse, assault with intent to commit a felony, assault resulting in serious bodily injury, theft of personal property and stalking.

Ashanti’s father, Meltony Billie, says they knew more charges were pending but now that everything has gone through they’re just taking it in.

He says they can’t express how grateful they are to everyone who’s making sure justice is served.

However, he did site disappointment in getting the Ashanti Alert legislation implemented.

A previous indictment showed the federal kidnapping charge carried with it a mandatory minimum sentence of life in prison and a maximum sentence of the death penalty.

Prosecutors were later directed by Attorney General William Barr not to seek the death penalty against Brown.

I hope he never walks out of prison.

IMO he's the equivalent of a rabid dog and should be put down. I don't think his schizophrenia played a role in him murdering Billie at all.

"Ashanti Alert," which would notify the public of a missing adult if the individual has a proven physical or mental disability, if law enforcement certifies that the person's physical safety might be in danger or if authorities believe their disappearance was involuntary.
    Isn't this the same as a Silver Alert? I know Silver Alerts are geared more towards seniors but in NC Silver Alerts include adults with disabilities (mental and/or physical).

At this point there so many different alerts that most aren't recognized by name. Amber and Silver are about the only 2 I know by name.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Thread Information