Thread: Julia Jacobson (37) was murdered by her ex-husband

Julia Jacobson (37) was murdered by her ex-husband

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...443101423.html

Julia Jacobson, 37, was last heard from on Sept. 2 at about 9:30 p.m. when she texted a friend saying she was in Palm Springs, SDPD officers said. Her actual location was unknown.

On Thursday, authorities found her car abandoned in the 2600 block of Monroe Avenue in University Heights, east of Texas Street and near Interstate 8 and 805.

Her family is extremely concerned about her because she has never gone missing in the past, police said.

Jacobson is described as 5 feet 7 inches tall and about 150 pounds. She has a tattoo of a crab holding a flower on her hip. There is no information on what she was wearing when she went missing.

Any information related to the whereabouts of Jabsonson should be forwarded to San Diego Police Department Missing Persons Unit at 619-531-2277 or Communications Division at 619-531-2000 reference case #17-034427

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...443101423.html

Retired Army Capt. Reported Missing; Car Found With Key in Ignition

San Diego police are asking for the public's help in finding a missing 37-year-old retired Army captain who served two tours in Iraq.

Prior to going missing, she called her father every day to talk. When her father had not heard from her, he started searching for her.

Jacobson was last seen alone at the corporate 7/11 offices in her company car on Aero Drive.

Rep. Hunter's Chief of Staff Takes Position at Pentagon

When she texted a friend on Saturday night, Julia said she was in Palm Springs with a friend, her family said. She said they were going to Big Bear from palm Springs. Now, is wondering who that person is.

Any information related to the whereabouts of Jabsonson should be forwarded to San Diego Police Department Missing Persons Unit at 619-531-2277 or Communications Division at 619-531-2000 reference case #17-034427

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is a FB page set up for her: https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-J...xYAHdMSx8_Re8Y

http://www.cbs8.com/story/36316216/a...rth-park-woman

On Thursday morning, Jacobson's company car, a white Chevrolet Equinox, was found abandoned in the 2600 block of Monroe Avenue, a few blocks from her home, with the keys in the ignition and the windows all partially rolled down.

Police subsequently determined that Jacobson -- a corporate real estate broker for 7-Eleven who deployed to Iraq twice during her military career -- had been in Ontario on Saturday night, SDPD Lt. Mike Holden said. Why she was there and whether she indeed had been in the Riverside County desert, as well, that evening remained under investigation, he said.

Detectives have spoken with Jacobson's ex-husband, who lives in Arizona, and found him cooperative, according to Holden.

The missing woman's older sister, Casey Jacobson of North Dakota, described the circumstances of her sibling's disappearance as puzzling, saying the former servicewoman never would willingly leave her work vehicle unsecured with the ignition key and a company gas card inside.

Casey Jacobson also described it as odd that her sister would take a jaunt to the San Bernardino Mountains last weekend, since she recently secured a new job and had pressing arrangements to attend to regarding the change of employment.

The texts the friend received about the trek to Big Bear did, however, include statements that the missing woman would have been likely to make, her sister said.

http://www.10news.com/news/confirmed...ssing-army-vet

Missing Army vet spotted on Serra Mesa surveillance footage

The family of a retired army captain missing for nearly a week will launch a community wide search Saturday morning.

Julia Jacobson's brother, Jon Jacobson, is in San Diego from North Dakota. He spent Friday searching businesses in the University Heights area where his sister lived to see if they have surveillance footage.

Friday afternoon, San Diego Police confirmed that Jacobson, and her Wheaten Terrier Mix "Boogie," were seen on surveillance in Ontario around 8 pm Saturday.

Prior to that, she was seen on a 7/11 surveillance camera off I-15 and Aero Drive. That was at 6:30 that morning. Saturday night around 930, she sent a text message to a friend saying she was in Palm Springs, but her brother said the way the texts were written makes him suspicious.

He said his sister is normally long winded, but the text simply said "Palm Springs today. Big Bear tomorrow." The text also said she was with a friend, but it's unclear who.

"We know it was her phone. We just don't know whose hand it was in," said Jacobson.

They're organizing a community wide search Saturday morning. They plan to meet at Garfield Elementary School on Oregon at 9 am.

"You can't ever let go, until it's time and it's not time yet. So many different scenarios that could have played out," said Jacobson.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...443453943.html

Brother Sees 'Red Flags' in Disappearance of Sister, Missing Since Last Weekend

The brother of a retired United States Army captain who vanished last weekend in San Diego said he sees the “red flags” in his sister’s case, and fears a grim outcome.

Jon, who has worked as a private investigator in criminal cases for the past 20 years, said he can’t help but fear the worst in his sister’s case. Over the decades, he has worked on nearly 60 homicide cases.

“As an investigator, I know the statistics – I know the game,” Jon told NBC 7. “I know how, most of the time, this story ends. I can see all the red flags.”

Jon said it is extremely out of character for Julia to abruptly lose contact with her family – especially their nearly 80-year-old father, whom she calls every single day.

Those daily calls to her dad stopped the day before she vanished.

“I know how Julia’s personality is; she’s very much a military officer. She’s very regimented, very detailed. She follows the same schedule every day,” Jon explained.

“Julie’s definitely not a free spirit, so to speak. She’s very much a military officer. She doesn’t wear the uniform anymore, but she still has the personality [of a military officer],” he added.

Jon said he last spoke with Julia about two weeks ago, when she called to get his advice on a new job she had been offered in San Antonio, Texas. Julia had decided to accept the position and was thrilled to be moving there, where her best friend from childhood lives.

Jon said his sister was preparing for her big move and excited for a fresh start. He said she had recently been through a bitter divorce.

Earlier this week, Jon’s other sister called to tell him Julia was missing. At first, he thought maybe she had taken a few days off for the Labor Day weekend and would soon return.

But, as the hours and days passed, there was no word from Julia.

Jon said his father, who has come to expect that daily phone call from his daughter, is taking her disappearance especially hard. Julia’s mother died in February, and she has been a big pillar of support for her father since then.

Again, Jon said it’s strange for his sister to change her daily routine in any way and leave without telling anyone.

Since the investigation is ongoing, Jon said the family has heard few details from police.

At this point, Jon has been told by police that Julia’s ex-husband met up with her on the morning of Sept. 2. By 8 p.m. that day, she was in Ontario, California, about 120 miles north of San Diego County.

“And we don’t know what else has happened,” he said.

SDPD Lt. Mike Holden said investigators were able to confirm Julia was in Ontario on the night of Sept. 2 through a surveillance video. Holden said Julia was with her dog at the time. The SDPD is working with the Ontario Police Department on that part of the case.

On Saturday, Julia’s loved ones, Jon and members of the community gathered at Garfield Elementary School on Oregon Street to search for Julia. Volunteers canvassed neighborhoods around her Idaho Street home, posting missing person flyers.

Jon said he’s hopeful that, soon, his family will have answers. For now, he knows one thing: his sister is a fighter.

“I know she’s incredibly strong. She’s a Bosnian War veteran, she’s an Iraqi War veteran. She’s the classic strong, independent woman,” he said. “She’s a very powerful woman, and I know she wouldn’t go down without a fight, so to speak.”

http://www.dailybulletin.com/2017/09...ed-in-ontario/

The sighting of a missing San Diego woman in the Inland region has prompted authorities to consider all information on her whereabouts in “the area between Ontario and her home,” San Diego police said.

Julia Jacobson, 37, was last seen in San Diego at 6:30 a.m. Sept. 2 at a 7-Eleven on Aero Drive, friends and family say. She was seen in Ontario the same day.

Family and friends plan a candlelight vigil for Jacobson at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 17, at Ventura Cove Park, 3209 Gleason Road.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    This can get confusing for some people. Even me. There's an Ontario CA that isn't that far away from San Diego. They're not specific and people could think they're talking about Canada. I'm assuming they mean Ontario CA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This can get confusing for some people. Even me. There's an Ontario CA that isn't that far away from San Diego. They're not specific and people could think they're talking about Canada. I'm assuming they mean Ontario CA.
    Good point. Yeah, it's definitely Ontario, CA where she was spotted.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/Bill...449659263.html

Billboard Put Up For Missing Ret. Army Captain

For the next month, drivers and pedestrians will see a billboard on the corner of Mercury Street and Clairemont Mesa Boulevard in Kearny Mesa with a simple message: If you've seen Julia Jacobson, call the San Diego Police.

Last month, Julia’s loved ones, Jon and members of the community gathered at Garfield Elementary School on Oregon Street to search for Julia. Volunteers canvassed neighborhoods around her Idaho Street home, posting missing person flyers.

Julia's friends said Friday the billboard with her picture will be up for a month. It will change locations after a week for more visability.

They added digital billboards with a similar ad are going up in Riverside County.

"The best thing community members can do right now is download the flyer from the website and make 10 copies, it won’t cost much and as they go about their daily lives post flyers at various businesses," said a friend of the family and admin of Julia's support Facebook Page. "Somebody saw something and we just need to find that person."

Jon said he’s hopeful that, soon, his family will have answers. For now, he knows one thing: his sister is a fighter.

“I know she’s incredibly strong. She’s a Bosnian War veteran, she’s an Iraqi War veteran. She’s the classic strong, independent woman,” he said. “She’s a very powerful woman, and I know she wouldn’t go down without a fight, so to speak.”

Jacobson is described as 5-foot-7 and about 150 pounds. She has a tattoo on her hip of a crab holding a flower. There is no information on what she was wearing when she went missing.

Anyone with information on Julia’s whereabouts can contact the SDPD’s Missing Persons Unit at (619) 619-531-2277 or SDPD’s Communications Division at (619) 531-2000, and reference case #17-034427.

A GoFundMe page has been set up by the family to raise money for continued ads online and on billboards.
    GFM:https://www.gofundme.com/searching4julia

From FB

Words cannot express the pain and anguish our family has endured since our beloved sister and daughter Julia Jacobson went missing. It is truly incredible the way Julia’s family, friends, co-workers, employer and complete strangers have come together. We cannot overstate our sincere appreciation for all of those who have provided their prayers, support and resources.
    However, it is with a heavy heart we must share that we were informed by the Ontario, CA Police Department that Julia and Boogie are deceased. The tireless work by both the San Diego and Ontario Police Departments have led to the arrest of Julia’s ex-husband, who has been charged in her murder.
    The loss of Julia is beyond words. There will be no more birthday parties, backyard gatherings, holiday celebrations or other family activities to share. The laughter, hugs, guidance and our sense of security are forever gone and our family’s hearts will be forever broken.
    Thank you again to all of you for the incredible outpouring of love and support that our family has received. Even though Julia’s physical presence may be gone and taken from us far too soon, her capacity for love, inspirational spirit and laughter will live forever in the hearts and minds of all those that knew and loved her. This is just the beginning of a journey of healing that will continue for the foreseeable future as we continue to seek answers in her disappearance.
    Sincerely,
    Jake, Casey, Jon and Tony Jacobson

I wonder if this is her

http://nypost.com/2017/10/14/body-st...san-diego-bay/

An unusual odor emanating from a sealed barrel found floating in San Diego Bay led police to a shocking discovery: human remains.

The decomposed body was found stuffed inside a 55-gallon drum attached to a cinder block, drifting about 200 feet from the shore Thursday, police said.

“This is not normal,” Chula Vista Police Department Captain Eric Thunberg told CBS 8. “We have a body crammed inside a barrel, that is not normal. Something went wrong.”

Police said the death is being investigated as a homicide and the age and gender of the person is not known, Fox 5 San Diego reported. They added that they have not been able to find or contact the person who initially reported it.

The barrel was pulled out of the water and loaded onto a truck where it is being looked at by a medical examiner.

Authorities right now are holding off on saying whether the discovery is linked to any missing persons cases.

“Certainly understand the need for closure for families and the hope; however, it’s premature to even articulate who might in the barrel,” Thunberg told CBS 8.

http://www.10news.com/welcome?redire....google.com%2F

Husband of missing Army veteran arrested on suspicion of murder

The ex-husband of missing San Diego Army veteran Julia Jacobson was arrested Friday on suspicion of murder, her sister said.

Dalen Payne Ware is currently being held in the 4th Ave. Jail in Phoenix, Arizona.
    I don't think the story above is about her, just based on this:
    Forensic evidence from the car, along with other investigation actions, indicated that Jacobson had been murdered, detectives said.

The FBI and Phoenix Police arrested Jacobson's ex-husband at his home in Laveen, Arizona. He will be transferred to the San Bernardino County West Valley Detention Center this week.

Investigators do not know the location of Jacobson and her Wheaten terrier, Boogie. Any information should be forwarded to the San Diego Police Missing Persons Unit at 619-531-2277.

“This is not normal,” Chula Vista Police Department Captain Eric Thunberg told CBS 8. “We have a body crammed inside a barrel, that is not normal. Something went wrong.”
    Really? Ya think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/11/10/f...-army-veteran/

Funeral held for missing Army veteran

Hundreds of people gathered Friday for a funeral service to remember the life of a missing U.S. Army veteran who police believe was murdered.

Julia Jacobson’s family members, friends and fellow service members gathered at St. Therese Catholic church in Del Cerro to say their final goodbyes.
    A second service will be held in North Dakota, where the rest of Jacobson’s family lives.

They think her body has been found

https://www.facebook.com/KMIRNews/po...08478212550341

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    They found both her body and her dog's body in the grave.

http://abc7.com/bodies-of-woman-dog-...ficer/2723606/

Remains of woman, dog found in IE amid search for missing Army officer

The remains of a woman and a dog were found Friday in Riverside County amid the search for a missing retired Army officer from San Diego and her pet terrier, police said.

Ontario police said the remains were found in a shallow grave in Cactus City along the 10 Freeway and Box Canyon Road.

The discovery was made amid the ongoing search for former Army officer Julia Jacobson and her pet terrier, Boogie.

Though an autopsy will have to be performed in order to confirm the woman's identity, Ontario police suspect the remains belong to Jacobson and her dog.

Body has been officially ID'd as her.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/2017/12...n-diego-woman/

Coroner identifies body found in desert as missing San Diego woman

An autopsy has confirmed that the body found in a shallow grave Friday in the desert near Mecca is that of Julia Jacobson, 37, who had been reported missing from San Diego, according to the Riverside County Coroner’s Office.

https://www.dailybulletin.com/2018/0...degree-murder/

A man accused of killing his Army veteran ex-wife and her dog, then burying them in a shallow grave near a Cactus City rest stop in Riverside County, has pleaded guilty to a second-degree murder charge, court records show.

Dalen Larry Ware, 40, faces 15 years to life when he’s sentenced on Oct. 15, roughly a year after he was arrested in the death of Julia Jacobson, 37, of San Diego, and her dog, Boogie. Jacobson and her dog went missing last September.

Court records show that he pleaded guilty Monday to a second-degree murder charge.

Thread Information