Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 62yo mom charged with murder after her 6yo son killed her newborn daughter

62yo mom charged with murder after her 6yo son killed her newborn daughter

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

So much WTF with this.

A dead newborn
    A 6 yr old murderer
    A 62 yr old mom of a 6 yr old and newborn.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    Soo much WTF to this story

A Florida mother has been charged with murder after her 6-year-old son allegedly beat his 13-day-old baby sister to death, PEOPLE confirms.

Kathleen Marie Steele, 62, was arrested and charged with aggravated murder of a child on Aug. 8, Pinellas County Sheriff officials tell PEOPLE.

On Monday, the mother-of-three left her newborn, also named Kathleen, in her car with her two older brothers, 6-year-old Frankie and 3-year-old Philip, for 38 minutes as she ran errands. While Steele was in a cell phone shop, the infant started crying. Steele's eldest son allegedly removed his newborn sister from her car seat and beat her to death.

"[Frankie allegedly] slammed her head onto the ceiling, banged her head on the floor and dropped her numerous times, which ultimately led to the baby's death," according to a news release.

The infant allegedly had sustained severe head trauma that included extensive bruising and multiple skull fractures.

"[The beating] was one of the worst things that I've ever seen," Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said at a press conference Thursday, describing the baby's damaged skull as "mush."

"This kid's face was a mess," he continued.

When Steele got back into the car, Frankie allegedly told her that the baby's condition was "serious." Steele allegedly ignored her son's comment and went to run another errand.

Steele did not notice that the baby was unresponsive until she got home and went to take the newborn out of the car.

"When she returned home [Steele] realized her daughter was unresponsive," the news release states. Gualtieri described the badly beaten baby as purple, blue and "cold to the touch." Authorities believe the child was dead by the time the family left the cell phone store's parking lot.

Steele brought the infant into her home and called a neighbor who is a registered nurse and lives on her street. The neighbor began CPR on the infant and called 911, according to the news release.

Investigators did not learn of the baby's violent death until they interviewed Frankie who described to them what he had allegedly done.

Sheriff:'[We] Have Never Seen Anything Like This'

At a press conference on Thursday, Sheriff Bob Gualtieri detailed how Steele had become pregnant with her daughter at 62.

According to Gualtieri, last year, Steele was artificially inseminated with her late husband's sperm by a doctor in New York. She had had the procedure before in 2012, which resulted in the birth of her second son. Her late husband died of cancer in 2011, Gualtieri said. He was 63. The couple conceived one child together before the husband died.

In 2010, Steele and her husband appeared on a reality show documenting her pregnancy.

"By numerous witness accounts, Kathleen Steele was an inattentive parent and Frankie and Philip were largely unsupervised and had very serious behavior issues," Gualtieri said.

In late July, Gualtieri says, there was a fire at Steele's home that forced the family to live in a hotel room. One night, during a fire alarm, Steele accidentally tripped and dropped the baby. The newborn struck her head and was taken to a local hospital in St. Petersburg. The baby allegedly suffered from a minor brain bleed.

Pinellas County deputies were notified of the accident and after a thorough investigation determined that there was no evidence of abuse and the incident at the hotel appeared to be accidental. On July 31, the infant was released from the hospital with the agreement that deputies would visit Steele and her family on Aug. 1. However, Steele cancelled the appointment and rescheduled the appointment for Aug. 10, two days after the infant died.

On Aug. 2, authorities were called by an unidentified individual claiming all three children were unsupervised. Deputies conducted a home visit and determined there was no evidence of inadequate supervision at that time, Gualtieri says.

On the day of her daughter's death, Steele brought her baby to a pediatrician concerned that she was not eating enough. The pediatrician told Steele the newborn was fine and later told authorities the baby appeared unharmed.

Steele allegedly told authorities she had planned to use the rest of her late husband's frozen sperm to have another baby, hopefully a son, Gualtieri said: "Something is seriously messed up with that."

"Those of us that have been doing this in this business for a very long time have never seen anything like this," he adds.

Due to his age, Frankie will not be criminally charged with his sister's death. Steele is currently being held at the Pinellas County jail. She is schedule to appear before a judge this afternoon and has not yet been assigned an attorney, Pinellas County District Attorney officials tell PEOPLE
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

She's in Florida, and left all 3 kids in the car for 30 minutes. It seems to me that she was trying to kill them by baking them. When they didn't die (well the older 2 didn't) she left them in the car for another 30 minutes.

It's not like these were unplanned pregnancies, she paid money to get pregnant. It's sad that her husband died, but I would think it would be a miracle in itself for her body to even have a healthy kid at 56. I don't know why she had more, she obviously couldn't care for them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    She's in Florida, and left all 3 kids in the car for 30 minutes. It seems to me that she was trying to kill them by baking them. When they didn't die (well the older 2 didn't) she left them in the car for another 30 minutes.

It's not like these were unplanned pregnancies, she paid money to get pregnant. It's sad that her husband died, but I would think it would be a miracle in itself for her body to even have a healthy kid at 56. I don't know why she had more, she obviously couldn't care for them.
    I think the article would have mentioned it if they were left in a dangerously hot car. Sounds like either the windows were down or she left the car running with air conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelen View Post
    I think the article would have mentioned it if they were left in a dangerously hot car. Sounds like either the windows were down or she left the car running with air conditioning.
    Sorry I read it on another article that doesn't mention air conditioning:

On Monday afternoon, Steele went to get her cracked cellphone fixed and left little Kathleen and her two boys, ages 3 and 6, inside the car — with the windows rolled up and doors locked, Gualteri said. Surveillance video showed Steele didn’t leave the business for more than 30 minutes.
    From this link:

http://ktla.com/2016/08/11/sheriff-m...born-to-death/
    Last edited by Angiebla; 08-12-2016 at 04:19 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    That doctor that did the artificial insemination should lose his license in my opinion. There is a reason 62 year old's do not conceive naturally. In addition, this woman was alone and did not appear to have a whole lot of support. She should not have had these kids.
    Hear! Hear!
    Isn't there a thread or a website for all the crazy shit people get up go in Florida? It's on my list of places to 'never visit'.

My apologies. After some additional reading, it appears young children are being murdered in all manner of ways in every state. Our society may be doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by maudlin View Post
    Hear! Hear!
    Isn't there a thread or a website for all the crazy shit people get up go in Florida? It's on my list of places to 'never visit'.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...854-Oh-Florida
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

Maybe it was a money thing, like she gets X amount of money from his estate for each child they have together? I think I saw that on TV once

This story is gross on so many levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

I tend to think she left the engine and AC running?no way could you leave anyone or anything in a sealed-up car in Florida in August and not have that be a big part of the story. Especially for cars with keyless starters, it's easy to bring your keys inside with you, leave everything running and just hope your disturbed 6-year-old doesn't decide he wants to get into the front seat and drive.

This lady sounds like a certified whack job/ terrible mother. From what the cop said, it sounds like one look at the baby would've told her that she was horribly injured. For her to not even glance at her infant in the car seat until she got home, especially when her oldest kid said there was something wrong with her? She needs to go to jail and her surviving kids need a ton of help and to never be left in her care again.

I'm still wrapping my mind around the fact that a woman can sustain a pregnancy past her 60s, even with IVF?I just did not think that was possible.

Fuckin' Florida, man.

She was on the tv show "I'm pregnant and...

Hers was titled "I'm pregnant and 55"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1763616/
    Kathleen Steele has it all. A job she loves, a devoted 63 year old husband, a sailboat, beach house; all, except the children she wants. Now, at the age of 55, she's pregnant with her first child, but nothing about pregnancy at her age is routine or easy.

Sorry if this was already here somewhere.

Child Protective Services was set to investigate Steele on August 1 after the mother told them the newborn had fallen on her head three days after being born. However, the mother cancelled the appointment and rescheduled it for this past Wednesday, two days after the girl passed away.

https://latest.com/2016/08/62-year-o...hter-to-death/

She gave birth in 2009, and two years later her husband died of cancer. But before he passed, the couple had his sperm frozen, Gualtieri said. Soon after, Steele paid a doctor in New York City to artificially inseminate her, authorities said, and she had a second son. A few years later, she did it again, and on July 26 of this year, Steele gave birth to a baby girl. She named her daughter Kathleen, after herself.

But just days before her arrival, an accidental fire damaged their home in North Redington Beach, a small community on the Gulf of Mexico, less than 15 miles east of St. Petersburg. The Steele family moved temporarily into the nearby Residence Inn. Three days after baby Kathleen was born, a fire alarm sounded at the hotel in the middle of the night. In the rush to get the children outside, Steele told authorities, she put the infant in a carseat carrier but forgot to buckle it. She tripped down the hotel stairs, Gualtieri said, dropping the carrier on the ground. Her baby tumbled out and hit her head.

Police responded to the scene, but it wasn’t until Steele and the baby arrived at the hospital that the medical staff called the Florida Department of Children and Families child abuse hotline. The baby suffered a minor brain bleed and was admitted to the hospital. Child Protective Services, a division of the Sheriff’s Office, investigated and determined there was no evidence of abuse. The hotel incident “appeared to be accidental,” Gualtieri said.

Steele’s baby was released on July 31 and authorities scheduled a follow-up visit for Aug. 1, just to be sure all was okay. But Steele cancelled, Gualtieri said, and rescheduled the appointment for Aug. 10 — what would turn out to be two days after her child was already dead.

A second call was made to the DCF abuse hotline on Aug. 2, reporting that Steele’s children were “inadequately supervised,” authorities said, though the caller was vague in their reporting. The Sheriff’s Office conducted another investigation, and again found no evidence of abuse.

Im starting think mum did it and set the 6 yr old up to take the blame.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...an-police-say/

She worked really hard and paid a lot of money to have these kids. They were clearly wanted at one time.
    However, she had to be painfully exhausted. Maybe they weren't wanted any longer?
    She can not use the excuse of it being her generation as to why she left them alone, she clearly knew better. She isn't living in some area without access to the news and education. These kids were not surprises. She knew better than to leave them alone out in the car, in the heat, in FL.
    I'm guessing the AC was on though, it would have been mentioned if it wasn't.

Why did DCFS allow her to reschedule the appt? Since when did meeting with them become optional?
    What six year old says that a baby's condition is "serious"? That just isn't a way that a six year old would describe a bloody beaten baby.

I'm surprised the other 2 kids survived this long with her with all that happened in the baby's short life.

but I don't think the mom doing it and blaming it on the son makes sense if the son told the story to them, and not her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

I can't even...

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I'm surprised the other 2 kids survived this long with her with all that happened in the baby's short life.

but I don't think the mom doing it and blaming it on the son makes sense if the son told the story to them, and not her.
    Im thinking mum coached him. Being that he is 6, he wouldnt understand the consequences and she probably thought there was no way she would get murder charges. Neglect maybe, not Murder.
    Maybe she she didnt care if she was charged with neglect and had all her kids removed. Maybe that was the plan.

That baby suffers a brain bleed & they let her take the baby home. Why would they do that? Seems like any kind of 'brain bleed' in a new born would not be considered minor. I didn't think you could cancel an appt w CPS. You'd think they would have looked at that suspiciously & gone out there sooner. What would make a 6yr old react that way instead of going to get his mother? I find that odd in itself .

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    Im thinking mum coached him. Being that he is 6,
    My daughter is 6, and I can't coach her for shit (not that I've tried convincing her to confess to killing someone for me...). Kids are so open and don't tend to lie unless they're scared...and in this case, he would have lied the other way and said he didn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    That baby suffers a brain bleed & they let her take the baby home. Why would they do that?
    I'm going to assume because it was deemed an accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Rescheduling an appointment with CPS seems very WTF-y. Why was that ever allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    Rescheduling an appointment with CPS seems very WTF-y. Why was that ever allowed?
    That's what I'm stuck on - since when do the parents set the date/time?

I can't even get into the nitty gritty of this one. Tooo many babies on here at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Not sure if it makes a difference but the visit wasn't with CPS, it was with deputies.

Also, it may have been worded that she cancelled the apointment but I think the reality is that she rescheduled it. It doesn't tell us when or why she cancelled it but since she took the baby to the doctor the morning of (and the doctor said she was good) I don't think the rescheduling is that big of a deal.

My side eye is where she told detectives that she was going to use the rest of the sperm in hopes for another son. IDK, it just strikes me as odd when she has 2 sons already AND her only daughter just died.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    As Berm already said, there is a lot of WTF with this.

Yet another example of the wonderful work DCF does.

Looks like the little boy was already a shithead. Sounds like he def. has some issues.

Mom couldn't/wouldn't control him. Neighbors wouldn't let their kids play with him because he was so mean. Even the sheriff said mom let her kids do whatever they wanted.
    He liked to steal stuff. He took keys and almost drove off in a car.
    He sucker punched a man in the ribs with no warning.
    It sounds like mom made Frankie (the little boy) the man of the house. He was the one that had to remind her when her bills were due.
    I bet Frankie was the one that set their house on fire. BECAUSE 3 days after they moved into the motel....their motel room's fire alarm went off.

This:
    As they waited, baby Kathleen began to cry. Frankie - who was not buckled in - undid his sister's car seat and took her out.
    He later told cops that he tried to mimic his mother by lifting the infant up and down to comfort her.
    But as his sister continued to act up, Frankie slammed her face into the floor multiple times. He hit her head on the van's ceiling, flipping her over and over and over.
    'He showed us what he did,' said Gualtieri. 'The way he was describing it, he was tossing that baby around like a rag doll.'
    'I'm telling you this kid's face was a mess,' said visibly upset father-of-three Gualtieri. 'There's no mistaking the condition this 13-day-old infant was in. She'd been pummeled. She was, at that point, blue and cold to the touch.'
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4HgWomDXH
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thread Information