Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Matthew Phelps (28) killed his wife Lauren (29), and he says he has no recollection of the event due to medication

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I say he's in the closet
    Probably that as well.

He was in to geeky stuff. Lost touch with reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I would be so pissed if I was sick and this guy dragged me into an old folks home to watch Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Probably that as well.

He was in to geeky stuff. Lost touch with reality?
    I remember when I was a teen and the dumb guys I hung out with "tripped" on coricidens for fun. I'm talking about taking 15-20 pills at a time. They would lose their shit. If this dude took a lot of pills I could see him losing touch with reality.

One guy I knew to be pretty sane made me sit with him for hours after "tripping balls" bc he literally thought he was going to die if he closed his eyes. He scared the shit out of me

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I remember when I was a teen and the dumb guys I hung out with "tripped" on coricidens for fun. I'm talking about taking 15-20 pills at a time. They would lose their shit. If this dude took a lot of pills I could see him losing touch with reality.

One guy I knew to be pretty sane made me sit with him for hours after "tripping balls" bc he literally thought he was going to die if he closed his eyes. He scared the shit out of me
    One of my friends when I was a kid liked to trip on Robutussin. He got me to do it a couple of times with him (I was a dumb kid, and probably still am) and it really did make me lose sense of reality. It was different than acid, but along the same lines.

My friend ended up doing it a lot and eventually ended up in a mental hospital for a brief stint after they caught him crawling on the floor trying to eat glass. He's never been the most mentally stable guy, and I can see where doing too much of a drug like that can really amplify a mental illness.

Guy seems to be having quite a few vivid "dreams"... 🙄 I am not buying what he is selling.

what a joke, robotrippin' doesn't make you go crazy like that and black out. I remember doing it a few times in HS, probably have a few holes in my brain because of it, but hey. ?\_(ツ)_/?

I'm definitely not buying this guy's story...

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I have a friend that had a bad addiction to coricidian. While it doesn't seem plausible, I believe that he really did lose his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Based on their pics, she seems WAY more into him that he is to her. Also, I hate to speak ill of the dead, but her IG pics are super douchey and annoying. I can't imagine taking 50 thousand selfies in the same pose of nothing but teeth and clothes.
    I'm confused. Does everyone have this many outfits? Why don't I have this many outfits? I need to go back and re-evaluate my whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Based on their pics, she seems WAY more into him that he is to her. Also, I hate to speak ill of the dead, but her IG pics are super douchey and annoying. I can't imagine taking 50 thousand selfies in the same pose of nothing but teeth and clothes.
    Well done. That'll knock this murder victim down a peg or two! Lol

not sure if this was posted- their wedding website on The Knot -

https://www.theknot.com/us/lauren-hu...helps-nov-2016

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    I'm not sure what to say about this one. I've seen some weird ass reactions to medication but I'm not sure that's what happened in this case. This is a little too close to this other case - http://abc11.com/news/mitchell-found...-trial/553824/

If you can successfully claim you were asleep when you killed someone and be found not guilty, then Matthew could be found not guilty too.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

That quote screams mental illness to me. I don't know why, but it does.
    His facebook screams MH issues

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    His face annoys me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    His face annoys me.
    Him being murdery annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Although I don't know how to make this be my signature, I sure would love to use this.

not buying it. read about it but nah. he did it with full consiousness.

I believe medicines like anti depressants can trigger suicidal or murderous feelings, i took one years ago that has this side effect. never had any feeling of killing someone.

Although this happened before, people claiming they've killed someone due to cough medicine:

4 TIMES BRUTAL KILLINGS HAVE BEEN BLAMED ON TAKING TOO MUCH COUGH MEDICINE:

http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/4-times-...cough-medicine

Man accused of killing partner, son might say cough syrup made him do it:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...hill-killings/

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    You're on the wrong forum then, JuJu
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    You're on the wrong forum then, JuJu
    How is that? I would assume most of us would not be stoked on this dude killing his wife? lol

I'm another vote for in the closet. It's a similar story (uh, minus the murdering) to someone I knew in high school. He came out to a group of us one day in class, and a year out of high school he got super involved in religion and started dating one of the girls from our grade who knew he was gay. They "fell in love" and got majorly involved in their church. They married and now have a couple of kids and to this day when a common FB friend of ours likes one of his or her posts or shares something of theirs I have to creep on them a little bit because it's just such a bizarre situation and I'm waiting for the train to wreck, so to speak. I expect either an affair or a breakdown of some sort eventually.

I just feel like when people aren't true about something that makes up such a big part of them it's like a pressure cooker and eventually it's going to explode.

I will say this, though - I have had some weird fucking reactions to medicines. I took Zyrtec for allergies for a few days and by the third day I couldn't get out of bed, I was so listless, it was the weirdest feeling. On the 4th day I woke up and thought "I could die today, that would be fine." Never suicidal in my life, terrified of death despite my fascination with it, and suddenly I was okay with the thought of dying. I immediately told my mom so she could keep an eye on me, we figured really quickly it was probably the Zyrtec, and within two days of being off of it I was back to myself (though I was pretty shaken up).

I'm not saying it's an excuse, but if he was already having negative thoughts about the relationship, having thoughts of how he could make it all go away, taking a medicine could have amplified those "harmless" feelings he would never have usually acted on into harmful, IMO.

I know medications affect people and can cause crazy but there is just something so set up about this whole thing it is hard to believe his story. Reminds me of so many other murders when the murderer calls with no recollection of doing the crime. Oh Noes I guess I killed my wife/husband/neighbor...twinkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    I know medications affect people and can cause crazy but there is just something so set up about this whole thing it is hard to believe his story. Reminds me of so many other murders when the murderer calls with no recollection of doing the crime. Oh Noes I guess I killed my wife/husband/neighbor...twinkies.
    I had a roommate that would take take 64 triple c's everyday after work, then drink like 3 4 Lokos. He was never a danger to anyone but himself.

Aspiring Pastor?s Wife Had 123 Knife Wounds When He Claimed He Woke to Find Her Dead on the Floor
    BY STEVE HELLING

POSTED ON OCTOBER 17, 2017 AT 4:52PM EDT

Aspiring Pastor Accused of Killing Wife in His Sleep Blames Cold Medicine: ?I Can?t Believe I Did This?
    A 28-year-old North Carolina man is facing a murder charge after allegedly stabbing his wife in bed ? but the newlywed claims he doesn?t remember carrying out the alleged crime because he might have done it in his sleep, PEOPLE confirms.

A North Carolina woman had been slashed and stabbed 123 times when her newlywed husband claimed he awoke last month ? after taking too much cold medicine the night before ? to find her dead body, according to an autopsy report released on Tuesday morning.

Matthew James Phelps, a 27-year-old aspiring pastor, called authorities early on Sept. 1 to report the discovery of his wife?s body in their two-bedroom townhouse in Raleigh, North Carolina.

?I had a dream, and then I turn on the lights and she?s dead on the floor,? he told the dispatcher in the 911 call obtained by PEOPLE. ?I have blood all over me, and there?s a bloody knife on the bed, and I think I did it.?

?I took more medicine than I should have,? he continued, growing progressively more distraught. ?I took Coricidin Cough and Cold because I know it can make you feel good. A lot of times I can?t sleep at night. So I took some.?

He added: ?Oh my God. She didn?t deserve this.? He was soon arrested and charged with first-degree murder.

The subsequent autopsy report shows that Lauren Hugelmaier Phelps, 29, was found in the fetal position on the bedroom floor of the home she shared with Matthew, her husband of less than a year. She was covered in blood.

The report enumerates the extensive injuries Lauren sustained. Police previously said that ?preliminary findings have established that the crime was not a random act.?

According to the coroner, Lauren had 24 stab wounds and 20 cuts to her neck and head and 13 stab wounds and 11 cuts to her torso.

She had several defensive wounds, as well: There were 35 cuts and three stab wounds to her left arm, and 16 cuts and one stab wound on her right arm.

Search warrants turned up an empty box of Coricidin HBP Cold and Cough at the couple?s home. Other items taken from the residence included a knife block, bed sheets, receipts, credit cards and computers.

Matthew has pleaded not guilty. Under state law, he faces the death penalty or life in prison without parole if convicted.

It remains unclear how much Coricidin ? if any ? might have been in his body at the time he allegedly murdered Lauren or whether he will try to use his self-proclaimed overdose as a defense.

After his first court appearance, Matthew?s defense attorney, Joseph Cheshire, urged the public not to rush to conclusions.

?It?s a very tragic situation ? sad and tragic. And at the same time we have to ask everybody to withhold judgement in this particular case until we know more and we?re able to develop more,? he said. ?There?s a lot to this story I believe that will be told in the future.?

?I know this is difficult for people to understand, but he [Matthew] is going through a terrible trauma,? Cheshire continued. ?And you know there are all kinds of stages to these things and he?s at the beginning of those stages. So there?s a lot of trauma to go around in all of this, in all of these cases always.?

Neither prosecutors or defense attorneys immediately returned PEOPLE?s call for comment on Tuesday.

A spokesman for Bayer, the drug manufacturer that produces Coricidin, has said ?there is no evidence to suggest? the drug ?associated with violent behavior.?

?Patient safety is our top priority, and we continually monitor adverse events regarding all of our products,? the company said in a statement.
    123 stab wounds. Accidentally killed her my ass!
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    123 stab wounds. Accidentally killed her my ass!
    Yeah, that's excessive.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

So he took something that is supposed to make him sleepy, yet instead gave him the energy and strength to stab someone 123 times? Sounds legit.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information