Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma threatens Caribbean and Eastern US

Hurricane Irma threatens Caribbean and Eastern US

The projections for where it may hit the US are all over the place. I looked at 1am, and the spaghetti models had it going up the East Coast and possibly out towards Bermuda. Now they have it most likely hitting Florida head on at the Everglades. I think I am going to start prepping just in case. I don't want to get caught up in the insanity at the grocery store and hardware stores in the days right before it hits.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...bbean/70002638
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 04:05 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Stay safe, RBW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Stay safe, RBW.
    You too! Who knows where this thing is headed, and it appears to be a beast!

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    The projections for where it may hit the US are all over the place. I looked at 1am, and the spaghetti models had it going up the East Coast and possibly out towards Bermuda. Now they have it most likely hitting Florida head on at the Everglades. I think I am going to start prepping just in case. I don't want to get caught up in the insanity at the grocery store and hardware stores in the days right before it hits.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...bbean/70002638
    I would do the same, I rode out some when I lived in Florida, but I generally made some soft prepping every time, some extra water canned food, things like that. Then if it started to get closer to being a big deal I had a nice base to build on when things were selling out.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yes, definitely prep just in case. Stay safe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I went to Home Depot earlier to get plywood for our newest rent house. They were already sold out of plywood. The grocery stores are already out of water and shelves were cleared. I thought I was planning early. I guess people are anxious after Matthew last October, and then seeing what Harvey did to Texas.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather...lorida-n798621

Hurricane Irma Strengthens to Category 5 Storm as Florida Prepares

Poor Puerto Rico...it looks like they are going to be hit almost simultaneously by Irma and Jose. Jeebus!
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 04:11 PM.

Winds are now up to 185. RBW, please prepare. They're guessing that Florida will get it

So scary....makes me grateful I live where I do, and not have to worry about that stuff. Stay safe everyone who may be hit!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Bread and milk, rbw. Don't forget the bread and milk.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Coke and chocolate. Don't forget the really important supplies.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    And by Coke you mean...?

Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I'm coming to your house for the apocalypse.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I thought our snacks of choice were cheetos and Boone's Farm.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    And by Coke you mean...?

Ha.
    Lol, I actually bought jalapenos last night at the store and told my husband "we can make it through this as long as we have homemade salsa". I freaking love hot stuff! He's stocked up on the chocolate and diet coke...I have given them both up due to health reasons.

I think we are stocked up and ready. We have everything gassed up, and got extra gas for the generator. We have the plywood from last year for our house. We will have to go board up our rent house. We filled our 5 gallon water jugs. Now we just wait. Hubby is supposed to fly on Saturday...we will see about that.

They have issued a mandatory evacuation order for the Keys.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/09/05...fford-to-stay/

Evacuation orders are being given in the Florida Keys as Monroe County emergency managers prepare for Hurricane Irma.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-11-2022 at 04:12 PM.

I'm more of a doritos and beer kind of girl.

Stay safe, rbw. Enjoy the salsa.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Lol, I actually bought jalapenos last night at the store and told my husband "we can make it through this as long as we have homemade salsa". I freaking love hot stuff! He's stocked up on the chocolate and diet coke...I have given them both up due to health reasons.

I think we are stocked up and ready. We have everything gassed up, and got extra gas for the generator. We have the plywood from last year for our house. We will have to go board up our rent house. We filled our 5 gallon water jugs. Now we just wait. Hubby is supposed to fly on Saturday...we will see about that.

They have issued a mandatory evacuation order for the Keys.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/09/05...fford-to-stay/

I'm glad your husband is home with you this time.

Homemade salsa is da bomb. I always grow tomatoes and jalapenos (and cilantro this year for the first time) for salsa, and in the spring when I bought what I thought were two jalapeno plants, I accidentally bought one jalapeno and a "dragon cayenne." It's a high-yield plant, and I've had flaming hot cayenne peppers coming out my ears all summer. I ended up drying a bunch for crushed red pepper because I didn't know what else to do with them. (Cool story, bro! )

As always, stay safe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

RBW, where in Florida are you? We?re in Jacksonville and I couldn?t find water or gas anywhere today after work. People are pretty on edge; it?s all anyone talked about in my office today. I hate this ?wait and see? aspect of hurricanes. Matthew threatened to turn and slam into us a couple times last year and going to sleep not knowing what sort of forecast you?re going to wake up to is scary. Now we?re at the point with Irma where it could potentially turn north, or it could miss us completely... we?ll just have to wait and see. I?m way too anxious for this slow burn BS. I grew up in Missouri where we heard sirens and immediately ran for the basement haha. It?s like ripping off the bandaid- I can?t change it and it might suck and I just want to get it over with!

Quote Originally Posted by sbproffitt View Post
    RBW, where in Florida are you? We?re in Jacksonville and I couldn?t find water or gas anywhere today after work. People are pretty on edge; it?s all anyone talked about in my office today. I hate this ?wait and see? aspect of hurricanes. Matthew threatened to turn and slam into us a couple times last year and going to sleep not knowing what sort of forecast you?re going to wake up to is scary. Now we?re at the point with Irma where it could potentially turn north, or it could miss us completely... we?ll just have to wait and see. I?m way too anxious for this slow burn BS. I grew up in Missouri where we heard sirens and immediately ran for the basement haha. It?s like ripping off the bandaid- I can?t change it and it might suck and I just want to get it over with!

I'm in the Orlando area.

I HATE this wait and see thing. That's what eats away at you with the anxiety. It's great that we have all this technological weather stuff, but it also puts it right in your face all the time for the week leading up to it. It's good to give you time to prepare...but then you just worry and recheck the tracking map and spaghetti models every 30 minutes...hoping for a change in path.

I sat up most of the night during Matthew, thinking we were going to get hit with it at a Cat 4. It bobbled just enough that it only glanced us. We were very lucky!

We went last night at almost midnight and gassed up the car and gas cans. We filled those big 5 gallon water cooler jugs at the water refill station at the grocery store. The bottled water was pretty much gone yesterday.

I'm with you, I was raised in tornado alley. The sirens would alert and you took cover-no time to brood over it and worry.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 09-05-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Irma looks like a massive bitch. Sending good thought and well wishes your way. I'm hoping she fizzles out or takes a hard turn.

I will never get the whole idea of bread an milk? Ever? Maybe bread if your getting lunch meat, but milk?

I'd go for lunch meat, ice, coffee/tea, water, gatoraids, and candle or lantern oils. AND BOOZE. Nuts and any protein drinks.
    I'd also fill up every pot, wading pool, and container beforehand for water. And gas. I'd get gas.

What the fuck you gonna do with milk or eggs? I'd make sure my grill was protected along with my propane tanks (along with extra tanks)

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Irma looks like a massive bitch. Sending good thought and well wishes your way. I'm hoping she fizzles out or takes a hard turn.

I will never get the whole idea of bread an milk? Ever? Maybe bread if your getting lunch meat, but milk?

I'd go for lunch meat, ice, coffee/tea, water, gatoraids, and candle or lantern oils. AND BOOZE. Nuts and any protein drinks.
    I'd also fill up every pot, wading pool, and container beforehand for water. And gas. I'd get gas.

What the fuck you gonna do with milk or eggs? I'd make sure my grill was protected along with my propane tanks (along with extra tanks)
    The official food of hurricane is ravioli. Don't ask me why, but that's what everyone hoards in Florida for hurricanes.

I'm freaking out since I live on the coast of Georgia. I really hope it misses us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/top...id=mailsignout

Hurricane Irma Leaves Scientists At 'Loss For Words'

The size of the storm left hurricane and weather scientists speechless. “I am at a complete and utter loss for words looking at Irma's appearance on satellite imagery,” wrote Taylor Trogdon, a scientist at the U.S. National Hurricane Center‏ on Twitter.

Irma strengthened to a Category 5 hurricane Tuesday with winds up to 185 mph. The storm is most powerful ever recorded in the Atlantic Ocean. It’s so strong it is even showing up on scales for measuring earthquakes.

“No way to sugarcoat it. Irma is the type of tropical cyclone that wipes everything, including all vegetation, clean from small islands,” wrote Anthony Sagliani, the Meteorological Operations Manager at weather data firm Earth Networks.

I'm freaking out since I live on the coast of Georgia. I really hope it misses us!
    http://www.wbtv.com/story/36301449/b...rma-model-data
    There is a plethora of data that suggest Irma could be a powerful hurricane making a South Carolina low-country landfall early next week, then track inland and north toward the Charlotte region.
    UGH.

Thread Information