Thread: Joshua Hupperterz (29) murdered Jenna Burleigh (22), and he transported her remains using a Lyft vehicle

Joshua Hupperterz (29) murdered Jenna Burleigh (22), and he transported her remains using a Lyft vehicle

http://www.phillyvoice.com/temple-st...n-near-campus/

Authorities are asking for the public's help in finding a Temple University student who was last seen near campus early Thursday morning.

Temple police said Friday they're looking for information on the whereabouts of Jenna Burleigh, 22, who was reported missing to the Lower Salford Police Department in Bucks County. Burleigh is from Harleysville, which is located in Lower Salford Township, according to her Facebook page.

Burleigh was last seen near the Pub Webb bar at 1527 Cecil B. Moore Ave. around 2 a.m. on Aug. 31, according to police.

Anyone with information is asked to call Temple police at 215-204-1234 or the department's confidential tip line at 215-204-6493. Janelle Burleigh also said anyone with info can contact her via Facebook or her dad at 215-588-5320.
    Temple police released this photo, showing the clothes she was last seen wearing:
    https://twitter.com/TU_Police/status...181888/photo/1

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...a_Lyft_vehicle
    Last edited by Olivia; 09-05-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

This doesn't sound good.

http://6abc.com/man-questioned-house...-case/2365622/

Man questioned, house searched in missing Temple student case

Police are investigating a home along the 800 block of Waverly Avenue in Jenkintown in connection to a missing Temple University student.

Overnight, Philadelphia Police executed a search warrant at Burleigh's friend's off-campus home on the 1700 block of North 16th Street.

His roommate told police he found stains in certain areas of the home that looked as though someone had tried to clean up some blood.

Sources say Pennsylvania State Police picked the friend up at his grandmother's house in Scranton on Friday afternoon.
    After questioning, police were able to obtain a search warrant for the off-campus home.

Homicide and crime scene units were seen taking evidence out of the home.

Police also brought in a cadaver dog, but it did not find anything.

So far, no charges have been filed.

This is so sad. RIP Jenna

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ppearance.html

Man, 29, is charged with murder of missing Temple University student, 22, after her body is found at his GRANDMOTHER'S house as police find blood, drugs and $20,000 in his home

Police in Pennsylvania have found body of student missing since Thursday
    Jenna Burleigh, 22, was last seen at a bar in North Philadelphia at 2am Thursday
    Police will charge Joshua Hupperterz, 29, a former Temple student, with murder
    His Philadelphia home reportedly contained blood, cash, and bags of marijuana
    A witness is also reported to have heard screams from the home early Thursday
    Burleigh is enrolled as an undergraduate at Temple University
    Her body was discovered in Paupack Township, 140 miles north of Philadelphia
    It was found in the home of Hupperterz's grandmother, where he was arrested

Jenna Burleigh: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/jenna-...rsity-student/

"Hupperterz was subsequently arrested for his alleged involvement in the murder of Burleigh, police said. He is charged with murder, tampering with evidence, abuse of corpse, manufacturing with the intent to deliver and related offenses."

"Temple Police then contacted Hupperterz by telephone and asked him what he knew about Jenna’s disappearance. Hupperterz allegedly told police that he “had been so drunk when he left the bar he had no recollection of who he had been with.”

"Hupperterz admitted to “elements of the crime” in a partial confession, Philadelphia Police Capt. John Ryan, commanding officer of the homicide unit, said, according to Philly.com. The newspaper quoted Ryan as saying “the killing did not appear to be premeditated, and that police did not yet know a cause of death.”

"Philly.com reports that, in the apartment, “police found blood spattered near the kitchen sink, rear door, and on a trash can lid, along with 10 to 15 pillow case-size bags of marijuana and about $20,000 in cash.”

She just started classes at Temple University on Monday :(

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    So this piece of shit kills her at his house, then says "yo, Imma take her to Granny's house, I can't be caught with that."

What a fucking asshole.

Jenna, I'm sorry you ever met a piece of shit like this. Now your friends and family are going to have to go on without you. You died far too young, at the hands of someone you shouldn't have been with.

Ugh.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    RIP Jenna

Why do people do stupid shit with tons of drugs in their possession? Another murder caused by the evil weed.
    I never shed a tear when confederates are mauled. Personal policy.
    animosity

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is his FB. He looks like a creep. https://www.facebook.com/jhupperterz

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/04/co...-blunt-trauma/

Coroner Rules Once-Missing Temple Student Was Murdered By Strangulation, Blunt Trauma

A coroner ruled Sunday that the once-missing 22-year-old Temple student, Jenna Burleigh, died of blunt force trauma and strangulation.

Police charged Joshua Hupperterz, 29, with murder early Sunday, and believe the two didn’t know each other until they met at the pub.

Authorities contacted Hupperterz prior to issuing charges to see if he knew of Burleigh’s whereabouts.

“Hupperterz informed him [investigator] that he had been so drunk when he left the bar he had no recollection of who he had been with,” police said in a statement, according to 6abc.

Police believe Hupperterz transported Burleigh’s body with a vehicle operated by the ride-sharing company Lyft.

“The allegations are devastating,” a Lyft representative said, according to 6abc. “We stand ready to work with the authorities in their investigation.”
    Investigators allege that he has so far admitted to certain elements of the crime, but not all aspects. Along with murder, he is also being charged with abuse of a corpse, tampering with evidence, and possession of an instrument of crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    RIP Jenna

Why do people do stupid shit with tons of drugs in their possession? Another murder caused by the evil weed.

The "evil" weed...right.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...body/23197232/

"The man suspected of killing a 22-year-old Temple University student hired a Lyft to move her body more than 100 miles, according to reports.

Suspect Joshua Hupperterz was arrested Saturday for killing Jenna Burleigh, whom he was seen leaving a Philadelphia bar last Thursday at about 2 a.m.

Investigators believe he killed her at his apartment last Thursday, put her in a storage bin and kept her at his mother’s home in Jenkinstown, Pa., according to local NBC affiliate WCAU.

He then hired the Lyft to bring Burleigh’s remains about 100 miles north to his grandmother’s property in Wayne County, Pa."

So was he in the Lyft with the storage container or did he have the driver pick up the container and drop it off 100 miles away at his grandmother's house?

I guarantee you he was in the Lyft with her body. He's a fucking psycho asshole piece of shit who just killed a young lady with a promising life. No chance he just called someone to pick it up. None.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...442890013.html

Slain Temple Student Jenna Burleigh Asked Friends for Help Shortly Before She Was Killed

About two hours before her life came to a violent end, Jenna Burleigh reached out to a pair of friends asking for their help, law enforcement sources tell NBC10.

The 22-year-old Temple University film major called a childhood friend about 30 minutes before closing time at a North Philadelphia pub early Thursday morning. The friend had been at the bar with his roommate and Burleigh. But he and his roommate left to get food shortly after arriving.

The friend missed the call and Burleigh left a voicemail, sources said. A short time later, Burleigh sent a text message asking for help.

Sources said Burleigh also sent a direct message over Instagram to another friend with a similar plea.

It’s unclear whether Burleigh’s messages came because she was fearful for her life or something else. Sources said they were sent between 1:15 and 1:30 a.m. Thursday — 30 minutes before Pub Webb, the bar along Cecil B. Moore Avenue, closed for the night.

Neither friend saw the messages until the next morning. They're said to be very upset about missing her attempts to reach them.

Burleigh was killed about 4 a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    RIP Jenna

Uh... no. The weed didn't killer her, and it didn't ask him to kill her. He just happened to sell weed, by the looks of it.

Another comment caused by silly head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Uh... no. The weed didn't killer her, and it didn't ask him to kill her. He just happened to sell weed, by the looks of it.

He should have just done meth, like an adult!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Crazy kids these days....just skip everything and go straight for the meth. Jesus, I thought I taught you better.

She tried multiple times to get help, and still ended up dead. I understand about not wanting to call police if you sense some shady shit, but maybe this is one time it was called for.

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post

I thought she was just being sarcastic lol.��

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Omg! ����
    What screws us up most in life,is the picture in our heads of how it's supposed to be..

http://nypost.com/2017/09/20/suspect...s-harming-her/

Suspect in college student’s murder denies harming her

A Pennsylvania man charged with killing a Temple University student is denying the allegation.
    Modal Trigger
    Jenna BurleighTwitter

The attorney for 29-year-old Joshua Hupperterz said outside court Wednesday that Hupperterz tells him he “didn’t cause any harm” to Jenna Burleigh.

Burleigh’s body was found early this month on property belonging to the defendant’s grandmother. The property is located about 140 miles north of the Philadelphia college’s campus.

Hupperterz was due in court for a preliminary hearing, but the case was continued until late November.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    I thought she was just being sarcastic lol.��

Omg! ����
    Daisy was being sarcastic. ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Daisy was being sarcastic. ❤️
    always
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by thepits View Post
    Crazy kids these days....just skip everything and go straight for the meth. Jesus, I thought I taught you better.
    Hillbilly heroin is an adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post

Omg! ����
    What about him?

http://6abc.com/suspect-in-murder-of...trial/2713559/

Suspect in murder of Temple University student held for trial

The man accused of killing a Temple University student, and then taking her body from Philadelphia to the Scranton area, will be held for trial.

A preliminary hearing for 29-year-old Joshua Hupperterz on Wednesday lasted some seven hours. He is accused of killing 22-year-old Jenna Burleigh.
    A witness who lived in the apartment above Hupperterz in the 1700 block of North 16th Street testified she called police at 4 a.m. reporting a scream, "like a horror movie scream, only more real. Not something I will ever forget."

https://temple-news.com/pretrial-con...ua-hupperterz/

Pretrial conference held for Jenna Burleigh’s alleged killer Joshua Hupperterz

Joshua Hupperterz, a former student charged with the murder of junior media and film arts major Jenna Burleigh, is maintaining that he did not kill her, his attorney said.

David Nenner, Hupperterz’s private attorney, told The Temple News after a pretrial conference on Wednesday outside a Philadelphia courtroom that his client’s position has not changed.

“He’s not saying he wasn’t involved in moving the body,” Nenner told The Temple News.

After a court appearance in September, Nenner told media outside a Philadelphia courtroom that Hupperterz “did not cause any harm to” Burleigh.
    At Wednesday’s hearing, a representative from the prosecution provided Nenner with 11 of the 17 pieces of evidence that he requested to build a case before trial. The other six pieces of evidence — containing mainly crime scene material from outside of Philadelphia County — will be provided before the next pretrial hearing.

This case is multi-jurisdictional, including Philadelphia, Lackawanna and Montgomery counties, a state representative said during the hearing.

Nenner said he is still investigating Jack Miley, Hupperterz’s roommate, and his involvement in Burleigh’s murder. Miley, who Nenner called “the kid who keeps disappearing” on Wednesday, was subpoenaed by the defense at November’s preliminary hearing, but neither Miley nor his defense were in court.

Thread Information