Thread: Savannah Leckie's (16) burned remains found a month after she went missing

Savannah Leckie's (16) burned remains found a month after she went missing

http://fox2now.com/2017/08/22/burned...ssing-girl-16/

Authorities have confirmed that burned human bones found on a rural southwest Missouri property are those of a missing 16-year-old girl.
    http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Rema...441350913.html

Ozark County Sheriff Darin Reed says a homicide investigation has intensified after investigators confirmed remains found are those of a missing teenager.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-27-2022 at 11:54 AM.

She went to live with her bio mom and was dead in less than a year. So heartbreaking

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I'm a fan of kicking the holy fucking shit out of Ruud and her current boytoy to get the truth out. Fucking twatasscuntbitch.

Rest in Peace, Savannah. You deserved better.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Really a morbid story.

Savannah had a form of autism. She was adopted. Adopted mom meets a new guy and passed Savannah back to her bio mom (bc her new man and Savannah didn't get along).

Savannah is eventually killed by her abusive bio mom. Bio mom and bf (who's now the husband) burned her body in a burn pile. They invited others over to join them. So no telling how many people unintentionally joined in the burn fest.

Bio mom posts a bunch of about how the police suspect her and she needs an attorney. Not suspicious at all. She's also posting pictures of her burned arm...supposedly burned putting out a fire.
    Bio mom then marries her bf on the day the police find a body.

Now it looks like bio mom's new husband is on the run.

Poor girl. She never had a chance.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Poor beautiful angel.

Here is the murder's FB: https://www.facebook.com/rebecca.ruud.9?fref=mentions

I think this is her boyfriend's FB: https://www.facebook.com/robert.peat...friends.search

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Poor beautiful angel.

Here is the murder's FB: https://www.facebook.com/rebecca.ruud.9?fref=mentions

I think this is her boyfriend's FB: https://www.facebook.com/robert.peat...friends.search
    I think that is the bf...he looks a lot younger than her

This is somewhat local to me. Killer mom married her new man same day they found the daughter's remains. So sick. I had not heard Savannah had a form of autism before though. I'll be following for more details.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/burned-...vannah-leckie/

It's sounds to me like her autism wasn't that severe, but instead she was put in a situation where she couldn't interact and have social contacts. I wonder if she was ever actually diagnosed officially, or if this is something one of the families just labeled her with because they didn't want to deal with her? Just a thought.
    Hmmmm, good questions. Think anything else will come out about her alleged condition?

From mom's FB wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    That's horrible. That woman should have never been a mother. RIP Savannah.

I feel like the adoptive mother failed her too, by sending her away bc of a man. My daughter doesn't get along w my man and He leaves not her. I just feel like if she had chosen her daughter, she'd still be alive. 😥
    Wonder if the monster married the man so he couldn't testify against her?? He's gotta know exactly what happened.

https://www.westplainsdailyquill.net...34f5606a5.html

Wednesday afternoon, an Ozark County grand jury indicted Rebecca M. Ruud, 39, of Theodosia, and her husband, Robert Peat Jr., 30, also of Theodosia, in the death of Ruud?s biological daughter Savannah Leckie, age 16.
    Ruud has been charged with first-degree murder, abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death, second-degree murder, tampering with physical evidence in a felony investigation and abandonment of a corpse.
    Peat has been charged with first-degree murder, abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death, second-degree murder, tampering with physical evidence in a felony investigation and abandonment of a corpse.
    Ruud reported Leckie missing July 20 via social media and later contacted law enforcement for help in the search. On Aug. 4, a search warrant was executed on Ruud?s property and cadaver dogs trained in detecting human remains ?alerted? to a burn pile about 1,200 feet away from Ruud?s home and bone fragments and teeth, later identified as belonging to Savannah, were found in the ashes. Ruud and Peat were married in Howell County that same day.

Every adult in this girls life failed her and deserves some of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Hmmmm, good questions. Think anything else will come out about her alleged condition?

From mom's FB wall.
    I'd gladly kill both bio-mom AND shitty-excuse-for-"mother"- by-adoption. What the unholy fuck, you just don't DO this to ANYONE you become responsible for!!!!

ShittyAdoptiveMother must not have ever bonded with Savannah. How the hell do you raise a little girl from infancy on and then just give her away? And over a man that could be in your life one minute and gone the next?? How do you give her away for any reason?

I hope that bitch gets charged somehow.

Rest in peace, Savannah.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

Bumping this as the trial for Mom is now starting. Watching it live on LawandCrime.com now.

Disturbing details revealed by former inmates in jail with Ozark County mother accused of murdering her teenage daughter

By Frances Watson
    Published: Jun. 29, 2022 at 10:06 PM CDT|Updated: 29 minutes ago
    SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Explosive testimony on the final day of the first-degree murder trial of an Ozark County woman.

Rebecca Ruud is accused of killing her 16-year-old daughter, Savannah Leckie, then burning her body.

On Wednesday, former inmates shared details about their conversations while behind bars with Ruud. Under court order, their identities stayed concealed. We must warn you some of the details may be disturbing.

?I knew ahead of time what she was charged with. It was kind of a big deal,? said the first former inmate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Prosecutor Tony Brown asked, ?Was it the talk of the jail??

?Yes,? said the first former inmate.

In July 2017, Ruud told authorities Leckie ran away from their home in Theodosia. It?s a story she told fellow inmates when she was arrested a short time later.

?Her daughter had run away and that her daughter was really big on pills and had taken off with one of her prescriptions,? said the second former inmate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Brown asked, ?Did she ever give you any background information about her daughter??

?No,? said the second former inmate.

Leckie?s remains were found in a burn pile on Ruud?s property where she lived with her boyfriend, Robert Peat Jr., about two weeks after Ruud reported her missing.

The second former inmate said, ?The discussion was when they had made a positive identity on it she was 100% certain that it was not her daughter. That it was not 100%. A 99.9% match is not, in her words, to make an identity 100%.?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Ruud gave Leckie up for adoption but maintained a relationship with her and her adoptive family. Several months before her death, Leckie left her home in Minnesota to live with Ruud.

Brown asked,? Did the defendant ever talk about her daughter and her daughter?s adoptive mom??

?Yes,? said the first former inmate.

Brown asked, ?Can you tell us about that conversation??

ADVERTISEMENT
    ?She was concerned about something to do with money, and she was trying to save her farm. The adoptive mother had owed her some money,? said the first former inmate.

According to prosecutors, Ruud started sharing what happened to her daughter in greater detail.

?She wanted to know if I knew if there was any way to trace any kind of pain medication in a person?s system, how long it was there, things of that nature,? said the first former inmate.

Brown asked,? Did the defendant talk about using those pills in any way??

ADVERTISEMENT
    ?She did. She said that she had crushed some up and put them in Kool-Aid and gave it to her daughter,? said the first former inmate.

Ruud?s public defenders quickly asked the women if they expected anything in return for their testimony, a type of deal from prosecutors.

?You say really I turned my life around. Please help,? said Yvette Duvall.

She is one of Ruud?s public defenders.

ADVERTISEMENT
    ?I was just trying to state to the courts that I was trying to make a change in my life. I was doing the right thing,? said the first former inmate.

Duvall asked, ?But you wanted some help or something correct for your statement??

?That wasn?t the reason for my statement. I literally came forward because it was just so sick,? said the first former inmate.

Each of the women said they were compelled to come forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
    ?It?s the right thing to do. That child can?t speak for herself. Somebody?s got to speak for her, I guess,? said the third former inmate.

One former inmate provided disturbing details.

Brown asked, ?Did she give you any specifics about the drugging??

?I don?t know in great detail. I just know I remember her telling me that she had drugged her. I don?t know what with. Her child wasn?t dead. Her child came back to life in the middle of burning her, and she beat her in the face with a rake. I?m pretty sure it was a rake until she was gone,? said the third former inmate.

ADVERTISEMENT
    It?s a very different account than what Ruud?s public defenders are arguing. They say the child diagnosed with Aspergers and ADHD killed herself. Prosecutors believe Wednesday?s testimony supports their argument that Ruud murdered Leckie.

Brown asked, ?Did you ever see the defendant express any remorse about her daughter??

?Not a single time,? said the first former inmate.

Brown, ?Did she tell you why she did this to her daughter??

ADVERTISEMENT
    ?Well, she just said she wasn?t ever cut out to be a mother. She was kind of wrapped up in her own world and had her own thing going on,? said the third former inmate.

Ruud decided not to take the stand.

After closing arguments Thursday afternoon, Judge Calvin Holden will take the case under advisement. He could make his decision following the statements.
    https://www.ky3.com/2022/06/30/distu...nage-daughter/

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    “The state can absolutely prove that (Rebecca) burned Savannah’s body, but that is all they can prove. They presented no credible evidence of anything related to a murder.”
    Fu*king defense attorneys.

?The state can absolutely prove that (Rebecca) burned Savannah?s body, but that is all they can prove. They presented no credible evidence of anything related to a murder.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Fu*king defense attorneys.
    Now, now. How do we know she wasn't just doing an "at-home cremation?" But seriously. Everyone is entitled to a defense, and if that's the best she's got...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

You've got to be fucking kidding me!

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...death-87646930

A judge on Friday acquitted a southwestern Missouri woman on murder and two other felony charges in the death of the autistic teenage daughter that she gave up for adoption as a baby.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-27-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Omg! OMG!

Omfg

Thread Information