Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Savanna Lofantaine-Greywind (22) was murdered when she was 8-months pregnant and her baby survived

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    The body of a 22-year-old pregnant North Dakota woman last seen about a week ago has been found, according to the CBS affiliate in Fargo.

Fargo Police have confirmed late Sunday that Savanna Grewind's remains were found near Moorhead, MN in the Red River.

The quest to find her had intensified since police found a newborn baby, believed to be hers, and arrested two suspects for kidnapping.

This is a developing story.
    http://www.keloland.com/news/article..._KELOLAND_News

I was secretly hoping she was still alive. So sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Wow, so was I. That's awful bc you know they probably cut that baby out of her. I hope she felt no pain but I know she did. Esp wondering what the were gonna do to her baby.
    Rotten fuckers!!

Fargo Police confirm that the body of Savanna Greywind, a missing pregnant woman, has been found in the Red River, near Harwood.

In a news conference Sunday night Fargo Police Chief David Todd says the body was discovered by kayakers about 5:45 Sunday. It was wrapped in plastic and hung up on a log.

Water rescue crews were able to get the body out of the water about 8:00 Sunday night and it was identified as Greywind.

The body has been sent to Ramsey County in Minnesota for an autopsy.

Police and search crews were already in the area where Greywind's body was found looking through a nearby farmstead.

Chief Todd says suspicious items were found at the farmstead leading them to believe it may be a crime scene. Investigators will be back at the farmstead Monday morning.

Police have been searching for days for 22-year-old Savanna Greywind. She disappeared August 19th.

Greywind was 8 months pregnant at the time of her disappearance. Since then, a newborn baby was found in the apartment building where she was last seen.

So far, two people, Brooke Lynn Crews and William Henry Hoehn, have been arrested, charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping.

Fargo Police say they plan to hold a news conference sometime Monday to update the case. Valley News Live will bring it to you live when it happens.
    http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...441945803.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Gawd ~ news of her found dead makes me cry. Bless her.

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

Super heartbreaking news. I was so hoping, but I think we knew all along, especially after them finding the new born, the outcome would not be good.

These people were awfully brazen. This apartment building was more like a fourplex. The sound has to carry in this place.

The Cass County State's Attorney says he plans to file Conspiracy to Commit Murder, Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping and False Information charges against two people already arrested in connection with the disappearance of Savanna Greywind.

Birch Burdick says Brooke Lynn Crews and William Henry Hoehn will be in Cass County Court Monday afternoon at 2.

Greywind went missing Saturday, August 19th. Her body was found in the Red River north of Fargo Sunday night. It had been 8 days since she was last seen leaving her apartment in north Fargo.

Police say recreational kayakers spotted what looked like a body wrapped in plastic and duct tape on Sunday. Law enforcement pulled the body out of the water Sunday night around 8:30 and an investigation revealed that it was the body of Greywind.

Crews and Hoehn were arrested on Thursday and initially were each facing a Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping charge. The discovery of Greywind's body has prosecutors amending charges.

Crews and Hoehn are not expected to enter pleas during their first hearing. The pair will be told their charges and bail will be set. The charges carry a maximum penalty of life in prison.

Police found a newborn baby with Crews in the couple's apartment on Thursday. Police say Crews told police that the baby was Greywind's child. Greywind lived in the same building.

Greywind told family she was going to Crews apartment to help model a dress she was sewing. She never came back home.

Investigators say Crews and Hoehn have not been cooperating with them, since their arrest.

A group of volunteer searchers who were combing areas north of Fargo discovered items on Sunday that they think may be involved in the case.

The items were located on a abandoned farmstead near Harwood on the Minnesota side of the Red River.

Law enforcement were checking out that area when they got the call about the body in the Red River on Sunday afternoon. Investigators are only saying at this point that it may be a crime scene.

Authorities are not saying whether or not they believe Greywind was killed at that location. They would also not say whether or not they think the baby was delivered naturally or taken by c-section.

DNA tests are being done to confirm that the child that was with Crews is Greywind's baby. Police tell us they do believe it is Greywind's baby.

Greywind's body has been sent to the Ramsey County Medical Examiner's Office in the Twin Cities to have an autopsy performed.

Fargo Police say they are not looking at any other suspects..

The BCA is assisting in the investigation.
    http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...442014193.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

This lady is completely nuts...uhg. That poor girl!

http://www.wday.com/news/4318607-our...womans-newborn

FARGO – Brooke Lynn Crews, charged with conspiring to murder a pregnant neighbor and kidnap her unborn child, told police the neighbor gave Crews the baby and left, according to court documents released Monday, Aug. 28.

William Henry Hoehn, Crews’ boyfriend and co-defendant, told police he arrived home to find Crews cleaning up blood in the bathroom and presenting him with the child saying, “This is our baby, this is our family.”

The neighbor, Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, 22, went missing Aug. 19. She was eight months pregnant at the time. Her body was found wrapped in plastic bags in the Red River on Sunday night, Aug. 27.

Crews, 38, and Hoehn, 32, have each been charged with conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit kidnapping and providing false information to law enforcement. They were set to appear in Cass County District Court at 2 p.m. Monday.

According to court records, after police found a baby in the apartment that Crews and Hoehn shared on Aug. 24, Crews told detectives she had asked Greywind to come to the apartment and taught her how to self-induce birth by breaking her own water.

Greywind’s family said she had told them she was visiting an upstairs neighbor at 1:30 p.m. Aug. 19. Crews said Greywind then left the apartment and returned at 3 a.m. Aug. 21 to give Crews the baby.

Hoehn told police that he returned home from work at 2:30 p.m. Aug. 19, an hour after Greywind allegedly visited, to find Crews cleaning up blood in the bathroom and presenting him with the baby. He told police that he did remove garbage bags containing bloody towels and his own bloody shoes and leaving them in a dumpster at a West Fargo apartment building.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/f...river-49463228

A suspect in the death of a pregnant woman initially claimed the woman gave up her newborn daughter but later admitted taking advantage of her to get the child, according to court documents filed Monday that shed no light on how the woman died.

Brooke Crews, 38, and her boyfriend William Hoehn (HAYN), 32, were each charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the death of 22-year-old Savanna Greywind. But the brief charging summary does not reveal how police and prosecutors believe Greywind died.

Greywind, who was eight months pregnant when she disappeared Aug. 19, was the subject of several large searches before her body was spotted by kayakers Sunday night in the Red River near Fargo, wrapped in plastic and duct tape.

"Savanna was a victim of a cruel and vicious act of depravity," Fargo police Chief David Todd said.

The complaint offers conflicting stories from the two suspects. Crews told police she arranged to have Greywind come to her apartment on Aug. 19 and told her how to induce labor. Greywind came back two days later to give her the newborn baby, Crews said.

"Crews admitted she had taken advantage of Savanna Greywind in an attempt to obtain her child and possibly keep the child as her own," the complaint said.

But Hoehn told police a different story, according to the documents. He said he came home Aug. 19 to find Crews cleaning up blood in their bathroom. Hoehn says Crews presented him with an infant baby girl and said: "This is our baby. This is our family."
    At the same time Greywind's body was found, Todd said, a farmstead on the Minnesota side of the river that is the border between that state and North Dakota was being searched and suspicious items were found that led authorities to believe it might be a crime scene.

Todd did not say whether there were signs of trauma to Greywind's body, which was undergoing an autopsy in Minnesota's Ramsey County.

A memorial was started on Monday on the steps of the apartment building where Greywind lived with her parents and where she was last seen alive.

It included flowers, candles, stuffed animals and a portrait of a young Native American woman with the inscription: "May the stars carry your sadness away, may the flowers fill your heart with beauty, may hope forever wipe away your tears, and above all, may silence make you strong!"

He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

I ask again, why did society stop burning people at the stake?

http://www.inforum.com/news/4319140-...-accused-fargo

FARGO—The family hadn't even sat down at their table when the woman across the restaurant stood up from her meal and made a beeline to the baby girl with big brown eyes, dark skin and dark hair.

Roxane Cartwright and her husband Tim had finalized the adoption of their Pacific Islander infant the day before. The woman approached, trembling, saying repeatedly, "She's exactly what I want," while motioning that she wanted to hold the baby.

"Her eyes were huge, she was fixated on my daughter," Cartwright said.

She's virtually 100 percent certain the woman she encountered that day was Brooke Crews.

Crews, 38, and William Hoehn, 32, are both charged with conspiring to kill 22-year-old Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind and kidnap her unborn child. LaFontaine-Greywind disappeared Aug. 19 after visiting Crews' and Hoehn's apartment two floors above where she lived with her family.

Crews was arrested with LaFontaine-Greywind's baby Aug. 24 and the mother's body was found in the Red River north of Moorhead three days later.

Cartwright had been following the case of Fargo's missing pregnant woman.

When she saw Crews' mugshot after the arrest, she felt a chill.

"My hair stood up. I knew right away it was her," Cartwright said, reflecting on the odd encounter almost one year ago.

Cartwright lives in Williston with her husband, their four sons and the baby girl they adopted in Arkansas last September.

The family was making the long drive back from there when they stopped to meet other family members at IHOP restaurant in Fargo the morning of Sept. 2, 2016.

They were waiting for their table to be cleaned when the woman, who was seated with a man, shot up and quickly walked over.

When one of Cartwright's sons sensed the woman acting like the baby should be hers, he piped up, "That's my sister Sofia."

According to Cartwright, the woman replied, "Sofia, that's the name. That's exactly what I want."

Cartwright said the woman spoke loudly and other people around them in the restaurant noticed.

To de-escalate the situation, Cartwright said she got between the woman and Cartwright's cousin, Shannon Brown, who was holding the baby.

Cartwright took the baby and sat down with a blanket, pretending to breastfeed, while the woman kept staring and making funny noises.

"It was the most bizarre situation I've ever been in," Cartwright said.

According to charging documents, Crews has applied for a court-appointed attorney because she's been unemployed since 2014 "because of illness."

Crews doesn't specify what that illness is.

She also writes, "I've been ill for quite a while with no family able to help."

Cartwright wishes she had called police after the incident at IHOP a year ago, but doesn't know if they would have been able to do anything.

"I have my baby," Cartwright said.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Creepy story about Crews last year in the restaurant.

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

Not sure why that sensational article bugs me so much.
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

http://nypost.com/2017/08/29/missing...ed-police-say/

Missing pregnant woman was violently killed, police say

Authorities say a missing North Dakota woman whose body was found in the Red River had been violently killed.
    see also
    'Womb raider' admits taking advantage of pregnant woman found dead
    'Womb raider' admits taking advantage of pregnant woman found dead

Fargo police announced Tuesday that 22-year-old Savanna Greywind’s cause of death was homicidal violence. Investigators didn’t release further details of a preliminary autopsy on Greywind, who was eight months pregnant when she disappeared earlier this month. She was the subject of intensive searches before her body was found Sunday.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/28/womb-ra...an-found-dead/

The neighbor of a pregnant woman found dead confessed to taking advantage of her to get the baby after initially claiming she was given her newborn.
    “Savanna was a victim of a cruel and vicious act of depravity,” Fargo Police Chief David Todd said.

Crews told police that she invited over Greywind, who lived downstairs from her, on Aug. 19 and taught her how to self-induce birth by breaking her water.

She claimed Greywind came back two days later at 3:30 a.m. and gave her the baby girl.

But Hoehn told authorities that he returned home Aug. 19 to find Crews cleaning up blood in the bathroom. Hoehn claimed Crews showed him the newborn and said, “This is our baby. This is our family.”

Crews eventually confessed to police to trying to get the newborn from Greywind.

“Crews admitted she had taken advantage of Savanna Greywind in an attempt to obtain her child and possibly keep the child as her own,” court documents said.

On Thursday, authorities discovered the newborn girl, who was in good health, with Crews while executing a search warrant at the North Fargo apartment.

Crews and Hoehn were taken into custody and charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping and giving false information to police. They are each being held on $2 million bond.

Fuck a case on here has never got my crying but this has. I am pregnant with my first baby and this is tragic.

I can imagine the excitement this lady and her partner experienced, and the absolute terror she must have gone through having her baby cut our of her - most probably while still alive, and dying in the knowledge these people had her precious baby.

It is too traumatising to think about. The only saving grace is that the baby survived and I really hope her partner has been given his daughter now.

The people who did this are beyond evil.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/09/0...ally-see-baby/

‘She is beautiful:’ Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind’s family finally see baby

Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind’s parents saw the baby girl on Wednesday that likely belonged to their slain daughter.

Speaking with Valley News Live, Norberta Greywind said they met Haisley Jo despite awaiting DNA tests to confirm she’s her granddaughter.

“She is beautiful,” Greywind said, noting that Haisley Jo looks just like her late daughter.

LaFontaine-Greywind’s boyfriend, Ashton Matheny, was also allowed to meet the infant. However, relatives don’t know when the baby will be released from protective custody.

Though the family is elated to finally see the newborn, they are struggling to cover the 22-year-old’s funeral expenses. The Ramsey County Medical Examiner said they’ll release LaFontaine-Greywind’s body once the family selects a funeral home.

With a funeral date not yet set, the family claimed that fake fundraisers are an ongoing problem.

Donations should be sent to:

Haisley Jo Donation Fund, U.S. Bank, 505 2nd Ave. N., Fargo, North Dakota, 58102

Donations must be made in person or through mail. Online donations are not yet possible. Checks should be made out to the “Haisley Jo Donation Fund.”

http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...442808593.html

Court seals search warrants in Greywind murder case closing off details to the public

Court documents sealed until a verdict is reached, a guilty plea is entered or the cases are dismissed. That’s the latest as we continue following the investigation into the disappearance and murder of Savanna Greywind. These documents are normally public information, but the court says they fear it could undermine the suspects’ rights to a fair trial.

The court lists four reasons for keeping the details secret. Both suspects, Brooke Crews and William Hoehn, face Conspiracy to Commit Murder charges, among others. The court says if these warrants are made public, it risks undermining the suspects’ rights to a fair trial. The orders add there’s no remedy short of sealing the information to protect the details prior to any trial. And lastly, they say there’s no other alternative to closing the records.

The funeral arrangements for Savanna Greywind are planned for Thursday morning at a church here in Fargo.

It's worth noting that since the crime crossed state lines, the federal government could get involved if they so chose. In the Dru Sjodin case 13 years ago she was kidnapped in North Dakota and remains found in Minnesota (a cell phone ping indicated she was alive in Minnesota but this wasn't essential, I guess just finding the body was enough. The federal government stepped in and prosecuted him under the Lindbergh Law and gave him a death sentence which neither Minnesota nor North Dakota have.

Baby Haisley confirmed to be Savanna's

http://kstp.com/news/savanna-greywin...theny/4599761/

Report: DNA Confirms Baby is Greywind's

September 11, 2017 11:53 AM

Fargo ABC-affiliate WDAY is reporting the boyfriend of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind has confirmed DNA results show he and Greywind are the parents of the newborn infant found in the apartment of the two individuals who have been charged in the case.

"She's mine," WDAY reports Ashton Matheny told the Fargo Forum Monday.

This weekend, Mattheny posted photos of his daughter, Haisley Jo.

The 22-year-old Greywind, who was 8 months pregnant, went missing Aug. 19 after her family said she agreed to help a fellow apartment tenant fit a dress. Police arrested Brooke Crews and William Hoehn after discovering what was believed to be Greywind's -day-old baby.

Police said kayakers on the Red River found a body wrapped in plastic and duct tape against a tree near 90th Avenue North and 15th Street north of Moorhead on Aug. 27.

That body was determined to be Greywind's.

The baby went to both last Wednesday's vigil for Greywind and the funeral services Thursday.

Beautiful baby looks like her mom. Can't even imagine the story she will have to hear one day.
    RIP Savanna - so sorry you met pure evil.

Haisley Jo is absolutely adorable!

Such a tragic story. Poor Savanna.

http://www.westfargopioneer.com/news...eywind-killing

Senate committee discusses bills introduced in wake of LaFontaine-Greywind killing

The U.S. Senate Committee on Indian Affairs held hearings Wednesday, Oct. 25, on two bills introduced by North Dakota senators to address issues raised after the killing in August of a 22-year-old Fargo woman, Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, and abduction of her newborn child.

Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp introduced "Savanna's Act" to the Senate three weeks ago in response to what she has called an "epidemic" of missing and murdered native women. It would create standard protocols for responding to cases of missing and murdered American Indians, improve the collection and dissemination of data about missing and murdered native people, and enhance tribal access to federal crime databases.

A week before Heitkamp introduced her bill, Republican Sen. John Hoeven, chairman of the Committee on Indian Affairs, introduced a bill that would require 5 percent of a federal crime victim's fund be allocated to tribes.

Hoeven's bill was introduced after the United Tribes of North Dakota, responding to LaFontaine-Greywind's slaying, sent a letter to the state's congressional delegation urging them to take action on the issue of missing and murdered native women and making several recommendations. One of those recommendations was that tribes be given greater access to money in the crime victim's fund.

The hearing also considered a third bill, the reauthorization of the Tribal Law and Order Act of 2010, which, among other provisions, expanded the authority of tribal courts to prosecute crimes occurring on reservations.
    http://www.wday.com/news/4359499-men...-greywind-case

Mental health evaluation results in for suspect in Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind case

A significant court document in the case of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, a pregnant Fargo woman who was abducted and murdered this August, is now in the court's hands.

Monday, the results of that mental health evaluation came back to this courthouse.

Brooke Crews is one of two suspects charged with killing Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind and abducting her newborn daughter.

On Oct. 3, Crews attorney filed for a mental health evaluation of Crews.

Monday those results came back.

However, we can't see what they say, as all mental health documents are privately sealed.

Yet the contents prove important, as they determine whether Crews is competent to be held criminally responsible for the crimes.

We may learn more on Jan. 3rd, during Crews' next scheduled court date.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...460541283.html

Suspect in Savanna Greywind murder set to change plea

Brooke Crews, one of the suspects charged in connection with the killing of Savanna Greywind is now set for a change of plea hearing.

Crews is scheduled to change her plea during a hearing on Dec. 11. A notice of the hearing was filed Monday.

She initially entered not guilty pleas to her charges on September 28th.

The other suspect in the case, William Hoehn, also entered not guilty pleas.

A North Dakota woman pleaded guilty Monday in the killing of a pregnant neighbor so she and her boyfriend could keep the baby.

Brooke Crews, could face life in prison after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit kidnapping and murder and lying to law officers in the death of 22-year-old Savanna Greywind, of Fargo.

Her boyfriend, William Hoehn, 32, has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit kidnapping and murder and lying to law officers. He is scheduled for trial in March.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz51000vyb7
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I didn't read all about William's involvement, but if he is, I want that motherfucker burned at the stake, just like that cunt Brooke. I want them to suuffferrrrrrrr.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Thread Information