Thread: Junior Dr Eduard Zigar (25) Hanged Himself In A Hospital Storeroom & No-one Noticed For 3 Days

Junior Dr Eduard Zigar (25) Hanged Himself In A Hospital Storeroom & No-one Noticed For 3 Days

https://inews.co.uk/news/junior-doct...beth-hospital/

Junior doctor believed to have lain dead for three days in hospital storeroom before being found

Eduard Zigar had completed just three shifts at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham Eduard Zigar (Photo: Facebook) Josh Barrie

Thursday September 6th 2018

A junior doctor is believed to have lain undiscovered in a hospital storeroom for three days before being found. The body of Eduard Zigar, 25, was discovered at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham on Monday 27 August, according to the Birmingham Mail. Friends said they did not hear from the agency medic, who was just a week into his placement, after 24 August. A few hours before Dr Zigar?s body was found, a friend posted an appeal in a Facebook group for Lithuanians living in Britain.

Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Photo: Will Oliver/AFP/Getty Images)

Missing

?My friend Eduard Zigar is missing,? the friend wrote. ?The last day when we had a contact with him was Friday [24.08]. Next day he had to work in Birmingham. He lives in Wolverhampton. He travels by train.? Dr Zigar had moved to the West Midlands to further his career as a doctor and was last seen working at Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Nobody heard from him over the weekend and he is thought to have died on 24 August. Some have asked why the alarm wasn?t raised sooner. Police were called to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Edgbaston just before 10.25pm on Bank Holiday Monday.

Tributes

The young doctor had completed just three shifts before his death. Tributes to Dr Zigar have been sent in to the Birmingham Mail and shared on his girlfriend Giedre Zibaitye?s Facebook page. Ms Ziabitye wrote: ?Thank you so much everyone who is calling and writing, your support for me and Eduardo?s family is very important. ?Both for me and Eduardo?s family it is a big shock and we can?t accept the fact that he is gone.? Karina Asrilan said of the doctor: ?He was such a good person, just an amazing person, kind, smart and a real gentleman.?

Inquest

UHB NHS Foundation Trust sent i a statement on Thursday. It said: ?An agency locum doctor was sadly found dead on hospital premises on Monday August 27. The individual had started work with the Trust the previous week and had completed three shifts in general surgery.? A spokeswoman added that it would not comment further until the conclusion of the inquest, which is scheduled for December this year. ?Our deepest sympathies are extended to family and friends,? she added.

I remember a year or two back reading about the high rate of residents committing suicide. I'm sure it's stressful. Stress can be strengthening or weakening. I read the hospitals work them for days without sleep. Poor guy.

Thread Information