Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Savanna Lofantaine-Greywind (22) was murdered when she was 8-months pregnant and her baby survived

The Cass County State's Attorney says he plans to file Conspiracy to Commit Murder, Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping and False Information charges against two people already arrested in connection with the disappearance of Savanna Greywind.

Birch Burdick says Brooke Lynn Crews and William Henry Hoehn will be in Cass County Court Monday afternoon at 2.

Greywind went missing Saturday, August 19th. Her body was found in the Red River north of Fargo Sunday night. It had been 8 days since she was last seen leaving her apartment in north Fargo.

Police say recreational kayakers spotted what looked like a body wrapped in plastic and duct tape on Sunday. Law enforcement pulled the body out of the water Sunday night around 8:30 and an investigation revealed that it was the body of Greywind.

Crews and Hoehn were arrested on Thursday and initially were each facing a Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping charge. The discovery of Greywind's body has prosecutors amending charges.

Crews and Hoehn are not expected to enter pleas during their first hearing. The pair will be told their charges and bail will be set. The charges carry a maximum penalty of life in prison.

Police found a newborn baby with Crews in the couple's apartment on Thursday. Police say Crews told police that the baby was Greywind's child. Greywind lived in the same building.

Greywind told family she was going to Crews apartment to help model a dress she was sewing. She never came back home.

Investigators say Crews and Hoehn have not been cooperating with them, since their arrest.

A group of volunteer searchers who were combing areas north of Fargo discovered items on Sunday that they think may be involved in the case.

The items were located on a abandoned farmstead near Harwood on the Minnesota side of the Red River.

Law enforcement were checking out that area when they got the call about the body in the Red River on Sunday afternoon. Investigators are only saying at this point that it may be a crime scene.

Authorities are not saying whether or not they believe Greywind was killed at that location. They would also not say whether or not they think the baby was delivered naturally or taken by c-section.

DNA tests are being done to confirm that the child that was with Crews is Greywind's baby. Police tell us they do believe it is Greywind's baby.

Greywind's body has been sent to the Ramsey County Medical Examiner's Office in the Twin Cities to have an autopsy performed.

Fargo Police say they are not looking at any other suspects..

The BCA is assisting in the investigation.
    http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...442014193.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

This lady is completely nuts...uhg. That poor girl!

http://www.wday.com/news/4318607-our...womans-newborn

FARGO – Brooke Lynn Crews, charged with conspiring to murder a pregnant neighbor and kidnap her unborn child, told police the neighbor gave Crews the baby and left, according to court documents released Monday, Aug. 28.

William Henry Hoehn, Crews’ boyfriend and co-defendant, told police he arrived home to find Crews cleaning up blood in the bathroom and presenting him with the child saying, “This is our baby, this is our family.”

The neighbor, Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, 22, went missing Aug. 19. She was eight months pregnant at the time. Her body was found wrapped in plastic bags in the Red River on Sunday night, Aug. 27.

Crews, 38, and Hoehn, 32, have each been charged with conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit kidnapping and providing false information to law enforcement. They were set to appear in Cass County District Court at 2 p.m. Monday.

According to court records, after police found a baby in the apartment that Crews and Hoehn shared on Aug. 24, Crews told detectives she had asked Greywind to come to the apartment and taught her how to self-induce birth by breaking her own water.

Greywind’s family said she had told them she was visiting an upstairs neighbor at 1:30 p.m. Aug. 19. Crews said Greywind then left the apartment and returned at 3 a.m. Aug. 21 to give Crews the baby.

Hoehn told police that he returned home from work at 2:30 p.m. Aug. 19, an hour after Greywind allegedly visited, to find Crews cleaning up blood in the bathroom and presenting him with the baby. He told police that he did remove garbage bags containing bloody towels and his own bloody shoes and leaving them in a dumpster at a West Fargo apartment building.

I ask again, why did society stop burning people at the stake?

http://www.inforum.com/news/4319140-...-accused-fargo

FARGO—The family hadn't even sat down at their table when the woman across the restaurant stood up from her meal and made a beeline to the baby girl with big brown eyes, dark skin and dark hair.

Roxane Cartwright and her husband Tim had finalized the adoption of their Pacific Islander infant the day before. The woman approached, trembling, saying repeatedly, "She's exactly what I want," while motioning that she wanted to hold the baby.

"Her eyes were huge, she was fixated on my daughter," Cartwright said.

She's virtually 100 percent certain the woman she encountered that day was Brooke Crews.

Crews, 38, and William Hoehn, 32, are both charged with conspiring to kill 22-year-old Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind and kidnap her unborn child. LaFontaine-Greywind disappeared Aug. 19 after visiting Crews' and Hoehn's apartment two floors above where she lived with her family.

Crews was arrested with LaFontaine-Greywind's baby Aug. 24 and the mother's body was found in the Red River north of Moorhead three days later.

Cartwright had been following the case of Fargo's missing pregnant woman.

When she saw Crews' mugshot after the arrest, she felt a chill.

"My hair stood up. I knew right away it was her," Cartwright said, reflecting on the odd encounter almost one year ago.

Cartwright lives in Williston with her husband, their four sons and the baby girl they adopted in Arkansas last September.

The family was making the long drive back from there when they stopped to meet other family members at IHOP restaurant in Fargo the morning of Sept. 2, 2016.

They were waiting for their table to be cleaned when the woman, who was seated with a man, shot up and quickly walked over.

When one of Cartwright's sons sensed the woman acting like the baby should be hers, he piped up, "That's my sister Sofia."

According to Cartwright, the woman replied, "Sofia, that's the name. That's exactly what I want."

Cartwright said the woman spoke loudly and other people around them in the restaurant noticed.

To de-escalate the situation, Cartwright said she got between the woman and Cartwright's cousin, Shannon Brown, who was holding the baby.

Cartwright took the baby and sat down with a blanket, pretending to breastfeed, while the woman kept staring and making funny noises.

"It was the most bizarre situation I've ever been in," Cartwright said.

According to charging documents, Crews has applied for a court-appointed attorney because she's been unemployed since 2014 "because of illness."

Crews doesn't specify what that illness is.

She also writes, "I've been ill for quite a while with no family able to help."

Cartwright wishes she had called police after the incident at IHOP a year ago, but doesn't know if they would have been able to do anything.

"I have my baby," Cartwright said.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Creepy story about Crews last year in the restaurant.

Not sure why that sensational article bugs me so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Fuck a case on here has never got my crying but this has. I am pregnant with my first baby and this is tragic.

I can imagine the excitement this lady and her partner experienced, and the absolute terror she must have gone through having her baby cut our of her - most probably while still alive, and dying in the knowledge these people had her precious baby.

It is too traumatising to think about. The only saving grace is that the baby survived and I really hope her partner has been given his daughter now.

The people who did this are beyond evil.

It's worth noting that since the crime crossed state lines, the federal government could get involved if they so chose. In the Dru Sjodin case 13 years ago she was kidnapped in North Dakota and remains found in Minnesota (a cell phone ping indicated she was alive in Minnesota but this wasn't essential, I guess just finding the body was enough. The federal government stepped in and prosecuted him under the Lindbergh Law and gave him a death sentence which neither Minnesota nor North Dakota have.

Baby Haisley confirmed to be Savanna's

http://kstp.com/news/savanna-greywin...theny/4599761/

Report: DNA Confirms Baby is Greywind's

September 11, 2017 11:53 AM

Fargo ABC-affiliate WDAY is reporting the boyfriend of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind has confirmed DNA results show he and Greywind are the parents of the newborn infant found in the apartment of the two individuals who have been charged in the case.

"She's mine," WDAY reports Ashton Matheny told the Fargo Forum Monday.

This weekend, Mattheny posted photos of his daughter, Haisley Jo.

The 22-year-old Greywind, who was 8 months pregnant, went missing Aug. 19 after her family said she agreed to help a fellow apartment tenant fit a dress. Police arrested Brooke Crews and William Hoehn after discovering what was believed to be Greywind's -day-old baby.

Police said kayakers on the Red River found a body wrapped in plastic and duct tape against a tree near 90th Avenue North and 15th Street north of Moorhead on Aug. 27.

That body was determined to be Greywind's.

The baby went to both last Wednesday's vigil for Greywind and the funeral services Thursday.

Beautiful baby looks like her mom. Can't even imagine the story she will have to hear one day.
    RIP Savanna - so sorry you met pure evil.

Haisley Jo is absolutely adorable!

Such a tragic story. Poor Savanna.

A North Dakota woman pleaded guilty Monday in the killing of a pregnant neighbor so she and her boyfriend could keep the baby.

Brooke Crews, could face life in prison after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit kidnapping and murder and lying to law officers in the death of 22-year-old Savanna Greywind, of Fargo.

Her boyfriend, William Hoehn, 32, has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit kidnapping and murder and lying to law officers. He is scheduled for trial in March.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz51000vyb7
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I didn't read all about William's involvement, but if he is, I want that motherfucker burned at the stake, just like that cunt Brooke. I want them to suuffferrrrrrrr.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Sick individuals in this world. Prayers to the family as well as that poor little baby that has to grow up never knowing Mom.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...472384963.html

Brooke Crews to serve life in prison without parole
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 03:22 PM.

I am so glad to hear that that murderous bitch will be put away for the rest of her miserable life.

https://kstp.com/national/suspect-in...hoehn/5057564/

William Hoehn pleaded guilty on Tuesday to charges of kidnapping and providing false information to authorities in the death of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, according to Fargo's WDAY-TV, an ABC affiliate.

Hoehn is still scheduled to stand trial for conspiracy to commit murder. The trial is expected to begin Sept. 18.

My heart still drops into my stomach every time I see this story, it's just so disturbing. I'm glad the female murderer got life in prison and I hope her accomplice boyfriend gets life as well. I guess the only silver lining in this is that the baby survived and was returned to her father.

Thread Information