Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Savanna Lofantaine-Greywind (22) was murdered when she was 8-months pregnant and her baby survived

Savanna Lofantaine-Greywind (22) was murdered when she was 8-months pregnant and her baby survived

Totally side eyeing the neighbor. I assume it's a woman neighbor based on the dress fitting. I wonder if she could have done something to Savanna for the baby?

http://www.wday.com/news/4315530-fam...ooking-answers

It's been over 48-hours since a Fargo woman was last seen at her apartment in North Fargo.

Savanna Lofantaine-Greywind is 22-years-old and 8 months pregnant.

She was having a texting conversation with her boyfriend of 7 years on Saturday afternoon, when they say she stopped replying.

She was last seen at her apartment in North Fargo.

Family tells us she was helping another tenant upstairs, but that was the last place anyone saw her.

We're told she doesn't have her wallet or car, and her phone isn't ringing.

Savanna's boyfriend of 7 years, Ashton Matheny says she never leaves anywhere without contacting family members.

"It seems, seems sketchy. It don't seem right, this, it's not like Savanna to just leave without a trace and not answer phone calls," Matheny said.

The couple is expecting their first child, a baby girl, on September 20th.
    A North Dakota woman who is eight months pregnant has disappeared after going over to a neighbor?s for a dress fitting.

Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, was reported missing after she didn?t return home Saturday from a neighbor?s apartment in North Fargo, news station KVLY reported. She was last seen outside the apartment complex around 2:30 p.m.

Lafontaine-Greywind?s family said that she had been texting her boyfriend, but stopped answering, according to news station WDAZ.

Her mom said that they spoke to the neighbor she was visiting, but the woman said she had left.
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017..._baby_survived

Last edited by Olivia; 09-05-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Very scary; I am immediately side-eyeing the neighbor.

Here is a FB missing page set up for her: https://www.facebook.com/groups/474555469577406/

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

Uh no, def doesn't sound good. She sounded really excited about having her baby. 😔

It's pretty sad when just being pregnant makes you a target for (potential) murder.

I don't know a lot about babies...if Savanna was 8 months along, and they say this baby is now two days old, is that far enough along for the baby to be ok long term? I obviously know they survive being born a lot earlier than that, but it's obvious this baby has received no hospital care after being born preterm. What's the outlook?

I am sad to say that I think Savanna is probably deceased. I hope the baby can survive and be healthy. This is just horrible!

ETA: Anyone a member on the FB page?
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 08-24-2017 at 04:39 PM.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...woman-vanished

Two people were detained for questioning in connection with the case, police said. The missing woman, Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, had not been found.

At least six investigators were seen donning hazmat suits Thursday night at the scene. And one investigator with a shovel was seen walking to the back of the apartment building, 2825 9th St. N., where LaFontaine-Greywind lives with her parents in a basement unit.
    Tarita Silk, LaFontaine-Greywind's aunt, said police told the family that they found a 2-day-old baby in the building. Silk said when police entered the apartment, a woman was heard screaming.

Fargo police said in a Facebook post that an unidentified child was taken to Sanford Children's Hospital. The child was in good health and was placed under the protective custody of Cass County Social Services, police said.

Silk said she suspects the baby is LaFontaine-Greywind's.

Police Chief David Todd said in a video posted to Facebook that developments in the investigation on Wednesday led to a search warrant being executed “at the suspect’s residence” on Thursday.
    A third-floor resident of the apartment building was recently arrested on a warrant for an unpaid fine sometime after Lafontaine-Greywind was reported missing.

The resident, William Henry Hoehn, paid an outstanding balance of the fine related to a violation of a no-contact order that did not involve Lafontaine-Greywind, and he was released from the Cass County Jail on Wednesday.

Fargo police said in a Facebook post that investigators conducted three unsuccessful searches of an upstairs apartment where Lafontaine-Greywind was last known to be. And Deputy Chief Joe Anderson said Thursday Hoehn had been questioned about Lafontaine-Greywind’s disappearance.

Residents of the apartment building say they have seen two women spend time in the apartment where Hoehn lives.

Anderson also said that authorities asked residents of a Grand Forks neighborhood what they may know about four men who are “known in the case.” He said police are trying to corroborate the men’s statements and alibis “to help us narrow our investigation.”
    Lafontaine-Greywind’s Twitter profile says her due date is Sept. 20.

FARGO, ND (Valley News Live) Fargo Police have arrested two people they believe are connected to the disappearance of Savanna Greywind.

In a statement, Fargo Police say "William Henry Hoehn and Brooke Lynn Crews were both arrested and charged with class A Felony Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping."

Around 2PM Thursday afternoon, Fargo Police received a tip leading investigators to Apartment #5 at 2825 9th St. N., where Brooke Lynn Crews and William Henry Hoehn resided. The two had previously been interviewed by investigators, and three searches of their apartment did not turn up anything of suspicion. It was the apartment Savanna was last seen at.

Investigators executing the search warrant Thursday afternoon discovered an infant in the apartment with Crews and Hoehn. The two were taken into custody for questioning and the infant was alive and taken to a hospital for a medical evaluation. A statement from the Fargo Police Departments says, "our investigation thus far indicates the probability that this is Savanna Greywind’s child."

Fargo Police say that subsequent information and evidence that was obtained lead them to arrest Crews and Hoehn, and charge both with class A Felony Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...441705933.html

This asshole William Hoehn was arrested back in 2012 for fracturing his child's skull.
    http://www.wdaz.com/news/crime/26512...es-plea-guilty
    So I'm sure hurting Savannah would have been no problem. Why would they want her baby though?! Fuckers might of wanted to sell the poor thing.
    Someone SS a FB post where these 2 supposedly paid Savannah $20 to model in a dress for them. Hmm, that just sounds too sketchy for her to do though.

This is four hours away from me. I was reading the very first Facebook missing post when she first went missing. I think her sister or boyfriend's sister, had mentioned she suspected the neighbor immediately. They tried desperately to get the police involved. Apparently the lady had tried to lure Savanna up to her apartment several times in the past. The Fargo police then put out a statement yesterday (after discovering the infant) that was SUPER self serving, i.e. covering their asses, about how many times they searched this apartment.

This doesn't feel like it's going to end well at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    This asshole William Hoehn was arrested back in 2012 for fracturing his child's skull.
    http://www.wdaz.com/news/crime/26512...es-plea-guilty
    So I'm sure hurting Savannah would have been no problem. Why would they want her baby though?! Fuckers might of wanted to sell the poor thing.
    Someone SS a FB post where these 2 supposedly paid Savannah $20 to model in a dress for them. Hmm, that just sounds too sketchy for her to do though.
    The first missing Facebook post stated she went upstairs to help her with a dress she was hemming. And other rumors swirling stated Crews told others she was pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by BugBug View Post
    The first missing Facebook post stated she went upstairs to help her with a dress she was hemming. And other rumors swirling stated Crews told others she was pregnant.
    Ahh, okay. I didn't see that. Makes more sense though. I really wanna know what they were gonna do w the baby. But very glad they found it okay.
    This is why I worry so much about my daughter leaving the house.

This is all kinds of fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Jesus fucking Christ. I'm just reeling from this and ill.

My daughter just had a baby. Five weeks ago. I cannot even begin to imagine the horror of being pregnant and attacked like this girl likely was.

I'm just sick.

Backing out of this thread now.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

http://www.startribune.com/hunt-cont...n/441812663/#1

A full week into the search for Savanna Greywind, authorities combed cornfields and deployed specialty K-9 units from Minneapolis in hopes of finding the young pregnant woman, who went missing from her apartment building in Fargo, N.D., last Saturday.

Investigators targeted a grove of trees and farmland about 5 miles across state lines in Dilworth, Minn., while calling for the public’s assistance in checking for clues leading to her whereabouts. Aerial and river searches have come up empty thus far.

The case took an unexpected turn on Thursday, when authorities found a live newborn in the apartment where 22-year-old Greywind, who was eight months pregnant, was last seen. Two tenants who live in the unit were arrested in connection with her disappearance, said Fargo Police Chief David Todd.

Brooke Lynn Crews, 38, and William Hoehn, 32, who are in the Cass County jail in Fargo, have been charged with felony conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Neither has cooperated with investigators, Todd said.

According to the Forum of Fargo-Moorhead, Hoehn pleaded guilty to child neglect or abuse in 2012 after he fractured his infant son’s skull.

This past November, he was convicted of trying to tie up his then-girlfriend, slamming her down into a bathtub and trying to drown her, according to the Bismarck Tribune.

Detectives have gathered video from private surveillance cameras in local businesses to try and piece together where the suspects may have been in the hours before Greywind’s disappearance.

On Friday, police asked residents to search their garages, outbuildings and even dumpsters for evidence that might help them find Greywind.

Authorities also said they are looking for a brown 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV with Minnesota license plate 876 EPR that might be connected to the case, Todd said. The vehicle has rust on the roof and is missing paint on the hood.

Police questioned the couple, but initial interviews yielded no leads. Crews told police that Greywind left the apartment after she helped model a dress. A subsequent search of the apartment turned up nothing.

Investigators following up on additional leads obtained another search warrant and returned to the unit about 2 p.m. Thursday, when they found the infant, who was taken to Sanford Children’s Hospital in Fargo. police said the baby is in good health and in the hands of Child Protective Services. DNA tests are being conducted to determine if the infant is Greywind’s, Todd said.

“Our investigation thus far indicates the probability that this is Savanna Greywind’s child,” Todd said in his statement.

Crews, who was in the apartment when police found the baby, was arrested. Hoehn was detained at a different location during a traffic stop, Todd said.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4317725-...ild-abuse-2012

Court records say the case involved a domestic incident at Hoehn’s apartment on May 5, 2016.

Hoehn's girlfriend at the time told police that an argument started as they were sorting laundry and Hoehn slapped her with a shirt.

She said he then threw her on the bed and tried to tie her up.

When she ran to the bathroom to get away, she said Hoehn "slammed her down" into the bathtub and said he was going to drown her.

Hoehn told police he was trying to put the shower on her and "it might have been excessive to put her into the bathtub," court records said.

The two had been dating and living together for two years at the time, according to court records.

The word “bathtub” in that case stands out because of a comment made by a man who lives in Hoehn’s north Fargo apartment building, where police Thursday discovered a newborn in Hoehn’s unit.

Christipher Miranda, who lives below Hoehn, said he heard noises in the bathroom above his apartment Saturday afternoon, around the time the missing woman, Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, disappeared after reportedly going to Hoehn’s apartment to model a dress.

Miranda said he heard banging sounds in the bathtub in the apartment above him about 1:30 p.m. or 2 p.m. and that the sounds lasted for 15 to 20 minutes. He said he could then hear the shower running.

Hoehn was convicted in November in Cass County District Court on the domestic abuse charge, and he was given two days in jail and ordered to pay $400 in fees.
    Three months for abusing his child. Two days for trying to kill his girlfriend. Fargo is fucked up.

Here's an interview with Savanna's boyfriend.

So sad. They were going to be moving into a new apt. Sept 1.
    http://bismarcktribune.com/news/stat...84d98adb7.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/news/4317725-...ild-abuse-2012

Three months for abusing his child. Two days for trying to kill his girlfriend. Fargo is fucked up.
    That's why people end up in wood-chippers.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4318341-...t-be-different

'Womb raiders' follow a pattern, but Fargo case might be different

It's called "newborn kidnapping" and, while rare, it happens often enough that it's been studied and written about by researchers, authors and experts on endangered children. There are fewer than 20 known cases in the United States of the most heinous possibility, when the mother is cut and the baby removed. It's called "newborn kidnapping by Caesarean section."

In grisly references, perpetrators are called "womb raiders."

Who could do such a thing? What type of mind would allow somebody to go down that twisted road?

"There's a clear pattern in women who do this," said John Rabun, an infant abduction expert for the Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Alexandria, Va. "They are women who need to cement a relationship with a male significant other. She has a need to have a male bonded to her and she'll do whatever she has to do."

Most often, Rabun said, a woman in a failing relationship will fake a pregnancy to keep a partner from leaving or divorcing her. As the alleged due date nears, she becomes desperate to obtain a newborn, so she will kidnap or murder a woman in the late stages of pregnancy and remove the baby.

"This actually takes some fairly detailed planning," Rabun said. "Usually, the woman who needs the baby will befriend the pregnant woman. She'll play on the common bond of them both being pregnant, even though she really isn't pregnant. She'll gain trust however she can."

The Fargo case would be significantly different in one way, however—the man. Hoehn was arrested for kidnapping, the same as Crews, indicating his participation in the alleged crime.

"What's unusual in this case is you have both a man and a woman," said Ann Burgess, a Boston College nursing professor who was a lead researcher in a 2002 study on newborn kidnapping by Caesarean section. "If it turns out to be what we're talking about, it would be unusual because, in most cases, the man is just on the periphery. He isn't part of what's going on until after the fact."

I had no idea these type of sniffing dogs existed.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/new...-greywind-case

Fargo police have brought in special placenta-sniffing dogs from Minneapolis to aid in the search for clues in the disappearance of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind and discovery of a newborn baby believe to belong to her.

The specially-trained K-9 team began searching on Friday and continued on Saturday. Fargo police Chief David Todd would not reveal where they have been searching.

Fargo police reported on Saturday that they have searched 35 locations with connections to the suspects in the case, and others based on GPS information, but none of the searches found anything. Police on Friday searched a cornfield and grove of trees near Dilworth, Minn., responding to information gathered in interviews and searches.

It's obvious that these folks aren't master minds considering they were stupid enough to lure her directly to the apartment and then caught in that same apartment with the baby. Only a couple of floors up from her residence. How is it that they've managed to not find this poor woman yet? Is it possible that she could be alive and being kept somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

The body of a 22-year-old pregnant North Dakota woman last seen about a week ago has been found, according to the CBS affiliate in Fargo.

Fargo Police have confirmed late Sunday that Savanna Grewind's remains were found near Moorhead, MN in the Red River.

The quest to find her had intensified since police found a newborn baby, believed to be hers, and arrested two suspects for kidnapping.

This is a developing story.
    http://www.keloland.com/news/article..._KELOLAND_News

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    The body of a 22-year-old pregnant North Dakota woman last seen about a week ago has been found, according to the CBS affiliate in Fargo.

Fargo Police have confirmed late Sunday that Savanna Grewind's remains were found near Moorhead, MN in the Red River.

The quest to find her had intensified since police found a newborn baby, believed to be hers, and arrested two suspects for kidnapping.

This is a developing story.
    http://www.keloland.com/news/article..._KELOLAND_News

Wow, I was hoping they would find her safe. RIP Savannah

Such sad news to hear the outcome here... And seriously it is pretty unusual for the man to have (potentially?) participated in committing a nightmare like this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    Such sad news to hear the outcome here... And seriously it is pretty unusual for the man to have (potentially?) participated in committing a nightmare like this, too.
    Yeah that's really strange..wonder what his motivation was

Thread Information