Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Multiple deaths after KKK/Neo-Nazis clash with protesters in Charlottesville, VA

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Long story short.....after my parents divorced I started doing bad bad shit....I was 8. After doing bad shit for 4 years she decided to move her boys out of the city to the suburbs when I was 12.....not realizing this was an all white town. My first day of 7th grade, in my very first class I walked in and the teacher immediately said "sit him in the back row". This was 1977. Over 1,500 students only 5 blacks. For the next 5 years it was fucked up......
    I bet that did suck especially in the late 70's.

I went to school in the late 70's in the deep south and it was pretty diverse. I won't lie at times white kid "talk" did get in my head but there was enough diversity there to overwrite all of that. You learn hey we are all pre teens looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend for fall dance and we all have that damn spelling test that I'm going to fail again:)

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I bet that did suck especially in the late 70's.

I went to school in the late 70's in the deep south and it was pretty diverse. I won't lie at times white kid "talk" did get in my head but there was enough diversity there to overwrite all of that. You learn hey we are all pre teens looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend for fall dance and we all have that damn spelling test that I'm going to fail again:)
    I forgot about the girlfriend part.....the white boys in Concord used to tell us we aren't allowed to date 'their women'. But that wasn't an issue for me because I never dated or slept with white women, except once in 12th grade.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    9 more rally's are supposed to happen this weekend with more planned...this is disgusting!
    Maybe exposing the people behind the hatred is good? idk

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/us/whi...rnd/index.html
    I'm torn because on one hand I hate confrontation, but on the other there is a certain need to spotlight the hate so that people realize just how much of a problem this is. Call them out.

What I sincerely hope is that the Counter Protesters not give anyone a reason to compare them to the racists. You and I know they aren't the same, but some people are itching to just say "SEEEE!!!!!! I TOLD YOU THEY WERE JUST AS BAD". Defending yourself is expected and will happen if the Nazis start attacking people, but SOME (not all) of Antifa is also made up of Anarchists and they're like the cousin you wish wouldn't show up to the family reunion because they embarrass you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://apnews.com/9c7e79b93d4947aea...protest-injury

University of Virginia librarian Tyler Magill was among the counter-protesters surrounded by torch-bearing white supremacists Friday night at the school?s famous Thomas Jefferson statue.

On Sunday, Magill was shouting down and disrupting a press conference by Jason Kessler, who organized Saturday?s so-called Unite the Right rally that devolved into violence, including the death of 32-year-old Heather Heyer.

By Tuesday, Magill?s vision was failing. He went to the emergency room, where he had a stroke. He was taken into intensive care.

Doctors determined the stroke was caused by physical trauma that Magill, 46, had suffered in recent days to an artery in his neck.

The only injury he suffered, according to friends, was when he was hit in the neck with a torch at Friday?s confrontation.

By Wednesday afternoon, his wife, Sena Magill, said he was sounding better but remains confused and didn?t remember much about the injury that led to the stroke.

She was out of town over the weekend and was driving back Wednesday from Alabama to see him.

?I do know that he had oil poured on him, he had torches thrown at him,? she said. ?He was sounding much better today than yesterday.?

Magill, who helps manage the stacks in the university library system, was committed to taking a stand in a peaceful way against the hate groups who rallied in Charlottesville, she said. When he disrupted Kessler?s press conference, photos show Magill with his arms raised; she said he wanted to make sure no one would mistakenly assume he was threatening anyone physically.

?He was trying to stay behind the scenes, and sometimes he just couldn?t,? she said.

A friend, Lisa Moore, set up a GoFundMe page to help raise money for Magill?s medical expenses. In less than a day, the site raised more than $75,000, thanks to a tweet from Hollywood producer Judd Apatow and other prominent support on social media.

She said online sleuths are trying to find video of Magill being hit by a torch, which could possibly enable police to identify and arrest an attacker.

Moore said she is frustrated by the assertion that both sides in this weekend?s confrontations were at fault, or that people in Charlottesville should have simply ignored the protesters.

?They came into our town,? she said. ?We were just defending our town. ... It was like a war zone. Nobody wants that.?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    http://mycbs4.com/news/local/luckys-...tesville-rally

Lucky's Market in Gainesville fires employee for participating in Charlottesville rally
    A disturbing number of these bigots were responsible for people's food.

Also, lots of waiters getting fired but not a lot of CEOs or even management. Way to be superior, fellas.

If I were a straight white male, and still not worth shit, I'd be mad as hell too. Being a straight, white, cis, Christian male in the USA is like playing a video game on beginner.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Monument Avenue...also known as 2nd place or Loser Avenue in my book
    This is "their Capitol"...expect them to fight hard. I have never seen the craziness that I saw in Richmond in any other place.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ground-n793741

Richmond Could Be Next Confederate Monument Battleground
    I've been researching, and after my hours of reading, I say TEAR THEM ALL DOWN! I don't live in the South. I didn't grow up seeing Confederate statutes or flags, so I only know how I feel as an adult, and it's not good. I live next to Kentucky, and for goodness sake, they weren't even part of the Confederacy! I know that the Confederacy gave them a seat in their congress, but they never left the union. Yet, these people fly that flag as if we're in South Carolina. The civil war was about the South wanting to own Black people. I don't care how they try to whitewash it. That's what it says in their shitty constitution, it's why the first state left the union because they feared that their SUPERIORITY over Black people was in jeopardy. They even felt that it was their GOD GIVEN right to own Black people. FUCK THE CONFEDERACY! They lost, I'm glad because I would make a HORRIBLE slave. Slavery wasn't declining in the south, they needed the labor of Black people in order to get the fields harvested. It disgusts me that they teach the kids in the south that the civil war was about state right. It wasn't...and they LOST! Lee sucked!

People keep saying that it's about our history and not racism. Then why did the majority of these statues go up in the 50s and 60s during the heat of integration and civil rights movements?

Fuck these assholes. They can't even be truthful and stick by their convictions.

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

This is why the South needs those statutes. They've been trying to convince those poor White people that they were better than somebody, and it's Black people, Mexicans, or anyone who isn't White. A friend of mine once explained it like this, I may be poor, but at least I'm not Black. Maybe that was Chris Rock. My point is that the Republican party, and the Democratic party of old, errected those statues as Black people were gaining civil rights and when Woodrow Wilson was president. That's around the time that Birth of a Nation came out, and it was screened in the White House, the KKK resurged, and here we are now. It will take time, but I'm praying that we can change this country. This is a start.

Maybe the south can let go of it's love of the word Plantation. Believe it or not, there was slavery in Illinois (I have pictures of the Slave House) yet, we don't have ANYTHING called plantation. Not a road that I can recall, not apartment complexes, not businesses. It's crazy to go 10 miles down the road and see plantation everything. Speaking of Kentucky, I'm so tired of aruging with those idiots. They're trying to convince me that Kentucky was part of the CSA. That the rebel battle flag was the national flag of the csa...and they know all of this, because their GRANDDADDY told them. My Grandma told me a lot of things, but if I read in a BOOK, nurmerous BOOKS that what she said wasn't true, Grandma didn't know what she was talking about.

There has GOT to be a state that's warm, a little hippy, multi-cultural and racial, cheap, and most of all...LIBERAL. I get so tired of the republicans down here. It's just sad. Ben Carson has been down here a couple of times, yet he never opens it up to questions. I want to ask him a few things...

Sorry for the rant. I had to stop talking about it on Facebook. A lot of my customers/suppliers live in the south, and while I don't think that any of them are racist, I don't want to offend them.

TL;DR
    "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Colored. Lmfaoooo. That shit cracks me the fuck up. "Is he white?, no....he's colored".

Sending you guys all my love. It's re-energised the bullshit here too, it's fucking painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Colored. Lmfaoooo. That shit cracks me the fuck up. "Is he white?, no....he's colored".
    Echo in here:)

I can't pretend to know what thats like, but I always think "what color is he colored"?

Christopher Barker, the 'imperial wizard' of the Loyal White Knights branch in North Carolina, had agreed to be interviewed by a 'woman of color' for the TV network. But Barker appeared shocked when Ilia Calder?n, a black Colombian news anchor, stepped out the car to meet him. And he became increasingly aggressive during the interview, in which he was accompanied by his wife Amanda, threatening to 'burn' Calderon and informing her she was the first black person to step foot on his property in decades. He also called her a n****r and told her to go back to her country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ournalist.html

1A on NPR had a really great conversation about civil disobedience, antifa, nonviolence, ect. today. I live that we are finally having these conversations in the media. I hope more mainstream media starts having these conversations, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Christopher Barker, the 'imperial wizard' of the Loyal White Knights branch in North Carolina, had agreed to be interviewed by a 'woman of color' for the TV network. But Barker appeared shocked when Ilia Calder?n, a black Colombian news anchor, stepped out the car to meet him. And he became increasingly aggressive during the interview, in which he was accompanied by his wife Amanda, threatening to 'burn' Calderon and informing her she was the first black person to step foot on his property in decades. He also called her a n****r and told her to go back to her country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ournalist.html

I thought these people weren't racist or violent, just pro white Americans.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

The second one definitely looks like his parents are also his cousins

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    The second one definitely looks like his parents are also his cousins
    The second one looks like he's 10 years old.

I had such high hopes for the newer generation. I thought that if we waited out the old, crusty asswipes that control the bigotry that we'd eventually be good. So much for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    The second one looks like he's 10 years old.

I had such high hopes for the newer generation. I thought that if we waited out the old, crusty asswipes that control the bigotry that we'd eventually be good. So much for that.
    Yeah, I have had similar thoughts in the last couple of weeks. All I have heard in the last few years is how the young generation doesn't see color, has no homophobia, accepts gender fluidity without question, etc. It was a nice dream while it lasted. Human being are selfish, hateful and will always look for ways to try to put others down. I give up.

Yeah, I have had similar thoughts in the last couple of weeks. All I have heard in the last few years is how the young generation doesn't see color, has no homophobia, accepts gender fluidity without question, etc. It was a nice dream while it lasted. Human being are selfish, hateful and will always look for ways to try to put others down. I give up.
    It's seriously depressing

Thanks RBW for all of the updates.

Nah. Don't give up hope. Things are much better than they used to be. Yes there are still ignorant racist fucks out there. But, there are a lot more people willing to stand up and say that this is wrong. It doesn't happen overnight. It takes many years to weed these attitudes out.

https://www.facebook.com/Stonekettle...37680882933977
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Nah. Don't give up hope. Things are much better than they used to be. Yes there are still ignorant racist fucks out there. But, there are a lot more people willing to stand up and say that this is wrong. It doesn't happen overnight. It takes many years to weed these attitudes out.

https://www.facebook.com/Stonekettle...37680882933977
    Yeah, I agree. Humans tend to become more civilized with time. We've made a ton of changes in this century alone. There's no reason to think we will ultimately regress. Things ARE getting better but right now we are experiencing some serious growing pains.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    When I got home from work Sunday morning, I saw her picture, and I cried. I fucking sobbed. I already knew it happened, but seeing her broke something in me.

Seeing her Facebook posts broke something else.

I don't mean to go into toxic masculinity territory, but I don't even know how to deal with it.

Sorry for the overshare.

Actually, no I'm not.

Hugs:-(. And what is toxic masculinity? Is it like small-penis syndrome? Serious question.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkhair4me View Post
    Hugs:-(. And what is toxic masculinity? Is it like small-penis syndrome? Serious question.
    Definitely not.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Definitely not.
    Oh. Lord, I hope I didn't just ask something insulting. I've just never heard the phrase before. It makes me think of men who's concept of masculinity is negative....you know, like misogyny. Or something.

Maybe I should google it. Or get some sleep and then google it. Oy.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

Quote Originally Posted by pinkhair4me View Post
    Oh. Lord, I hope I didn't just ask something insulting. I've just never heard the phrase before. It makes me think of men who's concept of masculinity is negative....you know, like misogyny. Or something.

Maybe I should google it. Or get some sleep and then google it. Oy.
    It's the idea that many of the constructs of masculinity have a negative impact on men, which in turn, fucks up society - because men are in control of virtually everything. Like, the idea that men should be unemotional - this is untrue - anger is an emotion, but it is really the only emotion men are allowed to show. This leads to much of the violence in society because rather than expressing sadness, hurt or fear, men are required to resolve their uncomfortable emotions through the expression of anger. Same could be said for aggression and dominance. A "real man" is always in control so men who allow other men to take charge end up lower on the social hierarchy, which leads to internalized negative self worth, which can also result in violence as a means to regain control - shit like school/mass shooters.

At least, that is my understanding of the term.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Thread Information