Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Multiple deaths after KKK/Neo-Nazis clash with protesters in Charlottesville, VA

I'm probably overstepping my bounds, but I think Ron is saying that he is having a hard time with this death specifically and because he was taught to express his pain with anger, it's uncomfortable for him to admit crying over it or having these emotions.

Fwiw: kevansvault's posts are a consistent example of toxic masculinity in response to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

There is nothing wrong with a man crying. I have cried a lot the past 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainme...ies/ar-AAqFj8Q

Scott Baio Tweets Meme That Claims Charlottesville, Sandy Hook Are Connected Conspiracies
    Scott Baio can go eat a giant bag of dicks.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Scott Baio can go eat a giant bag of dicks.
    When did Republicans just become fucking insane? It was a gradual shift, but right around 2000 was the beginning of the end. Bush started a downward spiral.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    When did Republicans just become fucking insane? It was a gradual shift, but right around 2000 was the beginning of the end. Bush started a downward spiral.
    The internet probably.

Diiiiiicks.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Bush? I miss him.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainme...ies/ar-AAqFj8Q

Scott Baio Tweets Meme That Claims Charlottesville, Sandy Hook Are Connected Conspiracies
    I'm late commenting on this, but I have a theory on conspiracy claims like this one.

So many conspiracy theories seem to be based around the insistence that the same "crisis actors" have been identified in different incidents. People will post vids & pix & diagrams where they carefully point out the "identical features". Most people look at their material & think " WTF? These people look nothing alike", but some people seem to see exactly what they see.

So I'm wondering if some conspiracy theorists are just people with undiagnosed cases of mild prosopagnosia (aka face blindness)?

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34709004

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

Virginia Elections: The Statistic That Should Never Be Forgotten

Yes.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I'm late commenting on this, but I have a theory on conspiracy claims like this one.

So many conspiracy theories seem to be based around the insistence that the same "crisis actors" have been identified in different incidents. People will post vids & pix & diagrams where they carefully point out the "identical features". Most people look at their material & think " WTF? These people look nothing alike", but some people seem to see exactly what they see.

So I'm wondering if some conspiracy theorists are just people with undiagnosed cases of mild prosopagnosia (aka face blindness)?

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34709004
    No. They are just the most illogical and irrational people the earth has to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    No. They are just the most illogical and irrational people the earth has to offer.
    Yeah. They're just gullible and fucking morons. Their rationale behind it is assinine.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah, fine person he is.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Holy shit. Good news?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Not enough stories about this doughface crying about the consequences for me to be content.

pfffft.

https://racing.ap.org/hjnews/article...ack-asks-mercy

Hell No

FILE - This undated file photo provided by the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail shows James Alex Fields Jr. A sentencing hearing has been moved up for the self-avowed white supremacist convicted of federal hate crimes for plowing his car into a crowd of anti-racism protesters at a 2017 white nationalist rally in Virginia. Fields was originally scheduled to be sentenced July 3, 2019. A notice filed in court says the hearing has been moved to June 28. (Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail via AP, File)
    RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A man convicted in a deadly car attack on a crowd of counterprotesters at a white nationalist rally in Virginia is asking a federal court for mercy and a punishment shorter than a life sentence.

Attorneys for James Alex Fields Jr. said in a sentencing memo Friday that he does not deserve to spend the rest of his life in prison because of his young age, traumatic childhood and mental illness.

Fields, 22, has previously pleaded guilty to 29 federal charges stemming from the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville in 2017. Prosecutors agreed not to seek the death penalty. One woman was killed and dozens were injured.

Prosecutors said Friday that Fields has shown no remorse for his crimes and deserves a life sentence.

His sentencing is June 28.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    He should get as much mercy as he showed his victim. Period.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.c43c76f0b9ce

Nearly two years after James A. Fields Jr. rammed his car into a crowd of counterprotesters at a white-supremacist rally here, the avowed neo-Nazi and convicted murderer apologized in court Friday as a judge sentenced him to life in prison for 29 federal hate crimes.

?Every day I think about how things could have gone differently, and how I regret my actions,? he said in a packed courtroom. ?I am sorry.?

Fields, 22, whose vehicular attack killed one woman and injured 35 other people, pleaded guilty to the 29 counts in April in a deal with prosecutors, who agreed to drop an additional charge that carries a possible death sentence. In a separate case stemming from the deadly incident, Fields was convicted of first-degree murder and other crimes in December by a Virginia jury that voted for a life term plus 419 years in state prison.

His sentence in the state case is due to be imposed July 15, meaning Friday?s sentencing in U.S. District Court in Charlottesville was the first for Fields, an Ohio native with a years-long history of espousing racist and anti-Semitic views.

At the ?Unite the Right? rally on Aug. 12, 2017, crowds of white supremacists chanting angry slogans clashed violently with counterprotesters for hours. Photos and video of the mayhem, including images of broken bodies propelled in the air by Fields?s speeding Dodge Challenger, were viewed worldwide, galvanizing public attention on emboldened ethno-fascists in the early months of the Trump administration.

?I would like to apologize for the hurt and loss I have caused,? Fields said in court, adding, ?I apologize to my mother for putting her through all this.?

James A. Fields Jr. rammed his car into a crowd at the ?Unite the Right? rally on Aug. 12, 2017, killing one woman and injuring 35 other people. (Albermarle Regional Jail/via AP)

In an hours-long sentencing hearing, Judge Michael Urbanski rejected a request for leniency from defense lawyers and imposed the life term sought by federal prosecutors.

Fields, whose psychiatric disorders dating from early childhood were detailed in court during his state trial, did not deny he intentionally rammed his car into a group of counterprotesters, killing Heather D. Heyer, 32, a local law firm employee.

In a sentencing memo filed in court by the U.S. attorney?s office in Charlottesville, prosecutor Christopher R. Kavanaugh called the attack ?domestic terrorism.?

?The defendant?s crimes were so horrendous, and the maiming of innocents so severe, that they outweigh any factors? that Fields might cite in seeking leniency, Kavanaugh wrote. ?This is particularly true in light of the fact that he has demonstrated that he feels no remorse for his actions and continues to espouse his hateful ideology.?

The 50-page document quotes a recorded phone call by Fields from the Albemarle Regional Jail in Charlottesville on Dec. 7, 2017, almost four months after the rally, in which he refers to Susan Bro, Heyer?s mother. Bro has been outspoken since her daughter?s death, calling for healing and reconciliation in the community.

?She is a communist,? the memo quotes Fields as saying on the phone with his mother. ?An anti-white, liberal. . . . It?s not up for questioning. She?s the enemy.?

?Nobody is the enemy,? his mother replied.

?She is the enemy,? Fields insisted before cursing at his mother to stop questioning him.

[A profile of James A. Fields Jr.]

In the filing, Kavanaugh detailed Fields?s professed admiration for the militarism and racial purity doctrine of Nazi Germany ? a fascination that has been well documented over the past two years in court testimony and media reports. The memo offers new details, though, including about Fields?s trip to Germany with high school classmates.

?When the group visited the Dachau concentration camp, the defendant said, ?This is where the magic happened,? and then skipped happily down the train tracks that transported Jewish prisoners to the camp,? Kavanaugh wrote about a classmate?s recollection.

?When they visited the gas chambers . . . the defendant stated, ?It?s almost like you can still hear them screaming,? ? the memo says. Quoting a classmate who went on the trip, Kavanaugh said Fields was ?elated and happy? when he made the statement.

At Fields?s state trial, a psychologist who reviewed thousands of pages of his school and mental-health records testified that Fields was found to be suffering from bipolar disorder and schizoid personality disorder as a child. He was housed in psychiatric facilities for three stretches before his 15th birthday, according to testimony.

He was prone to angry, sometimes violent outbursts since before he could walk, and he was expelled from preschool because of his volatile behavior, the psychologist said.

In a sentencing memo asking for a prison term of less than life, Fields?s lawyers cited an array of traumas and other trouble in his childhood. ?Fundamentally, James?s mental illness causes him to lose emotional and behavioral control in stressful situations,? they wrote.

Before the Unite the Right rally, ?he had never attended a political event of any kind, or really any event involving a large crowd,? the defense memo says, adding that in the hours leading up to the car attack, Fields was anxious, sleep-deprived and dehydrated.

?James did not come to Charlottesville with any plan to commit an act of violence,? they wrote. ?In the space of only a few minutes, caught in circumstances he did not intend to create, he acted in an aggressive and impulsive manner consistent with his mental health history and his age.?

They added: ?In a matter of seconds he caused irreparable harm for which there is no excuse. But this Court can understand his actions, without excusing them, as symptomatic of transient immaturity, and not consider them to be predictive of who he might be in the future with time and medication.?
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Excellent. There's your mercy you fucking nazi!

Did anyone watch the ID special "Impact of Hate" on this last night? I actually cried (and I am not a crier).

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Chaos and violence turned to tragedy Saturday as hundreds of white nationalists, neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klan members ? planning to stage what they described as their largest rally in decades to ?take America back? ? clashed with counterprotesters in the streets and a car plowed into crowds, leaving one person dead and 19 others injured.
    Funny how they clearly identify the "white nationalists", neo-Nazis", and Ku Klux Klan" member but just identify the rest as "counter-protestors". Let's be real...they meant black people who have been tearing up the country for months now even against their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrix View Post
    Funny how they clearly identify the "white nationalists", neo-Nazis", and Ku Klux Klan" member but just identify the rest as "counter-protestors". Let's be real...they meant black people who have been tearing up the country for months now even against their own.
    The counter-protestors were NOT just black people, they were people of all races who stand against hate, racism, and bigotry.

Try doing some actual research before you post racist shit.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The counter-protestors were NOT just black people, they were people of all races who stand against hate, racism, and bigotry.

Try doing some actual research before you post racist shit.
    Try watching some videos of it actually happening, then get back to me. I can link as many as you want.

Try watching some videos of it actually happening, then get back to me. I can link as many as you want.
    I watched the 2 hour special which aired many videos of what happened that day. But thanks anyways.
    Last edited by Nic B; 08-13-2020 at 11:03 AM.

I watched the 2 hour special which aired many videos of what happened that day. But thanks anyways.
    "2 hour special"...lol. There's your first problem right there. You missed a whooooole lot.

Thread Information