Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Multiple deaths after KKK/Neo-Nazis clash with protesters in Charlottesville, VA

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/27/us/man...lly/index.html

Man arrested for firing gun at Charlottesville rally

A man who is suspected of firing a gun at counterprotesters during the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, earlier this month has been arrested, police said Saturday.
    Richard Wilson Preston, 52, was arrested following the release of a video, filmed by the ACLU of Virginia, that allegedly shows him in a verbal altercation on August 12 with counterprotestors near the Southwest corner of Emancipation Park. In the video, counterprotesters appear to throw objects at right-wing marchers.

After several seconds, the man in the video, who is wearing a load-bearing vest, with a pistol on one leg and extra magazines on the other, turns away from the argument and walks away. Before reaching the edge of the frame, he turns back, drawing a pistol and shouting "Hey, n****r."

With his pistol out and pointed at the crowd, he walks toward them before pausing, taking a step back, and racking the slide to load a bullet in his weapon's chamber. The man aims again, seemingly lower, and quickly fires a shot, before turning around, holstering his weapon, and rejoining the march.

As the camera pans to follow the man, police officers in high-visibility vests -- including Virginia State Police troopers in their distinctive hats -- can be seen manning barricades some 50 feet away. They appear not to react to the shot.

Aside from identifying the shooter in the video as Preston, Charlottesville police spokesman Lt. Thomas McKean declined to comment.
    The Virginia State Police confirmed Saturday that their officers were nearby, but said they were unaware of the incident.

"From where they were standing, none was witness to the incident," Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller told CNN in an email. "Nor did they hear the single shot being fired because it was muffled by the loud volume of the crowd yelling and chanting, drums and music."

"Had any one of our troopers witnessed that incident, they would have immediately acted just as they did for the other four arrests made during the weekend," she added.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

Thanks RBW for all of the updates.
    By any means necessary!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, I have had similar thoughts in the last couple of weeks. All I have heard in the last few years is how the young generation doesn't see color, has no homophobia, accepts gender fluidity without question, etc. It was a nice dream while it lasted. Human being are selfish, hateful and will always look for ways to try to put others down. I give up.
    Nah. Don't give up hope. Things are much better than they used to be. Yes there are still ignorant racist fucks out there. But, there are a lot more people willing to stand up and say that this is wrong. It doesn't happen overnight. It takes many years to weed these attitudes out.

https://www.facebook.com/Stonekettle...37680882933977
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Nah. Don't give up hope. Things are much better than they used to be. Yes there are still ignorant racist fucks out there. But, there are a lot more people willing to stand up and say that this is wrong. It doesn't happen overnight. It takes many years to weed these attitudes out.

https://www.facebook.com/Stonekettle...37680882933977
    Yeah, I agree. Humans tend to become more civilized with time. We've made a ton of changes in this century alone. There's no reason to think we will ultimately regress. Things ARE getting better but right now we are experiencing some serious growing pains.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    When I got home from work Sunday morning, I saw her picture, and I cried. I fucking sobbed. I already knew it happened, but seeing her broke something in me.

Seeing her Facebook posts broke something else.

I don't mean to go into toxic masculinity territory, but I don't even know how to deal with it.

Sorry for the overshare.

Actually, no I'm not.

Hugs:-(. And what is toxic masculinity? Is it like small-penis syndrome? Serious question.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkhair4me View Post
    Hugs:-(. And what is toxic masculinity? Is it like small-penis syndrome? Serious question.
    Definitely not.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Definitely not.
    Oh. Lord, I hope I didn't just ask something insulting. I've just never heard the phrase before. It makes me think of men who's concept of masculinity is negative....you know, like misogyny. Or something.

Maybe I should google it. Or get some sleep and then google it. Oy.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

Quote Originally Posted by pinkhair4me View Post
    Oh. Lord, I hope I didn't just ask something insulting. I've just never heard the phrase before. It makes me think of men who's concept of masculinity is negative....you know, like misogyny. Or something.

Maybe I should google it. Or get some sleep and then google it. Oy.
    It's the idea that many of the constructs of masculinity have a negative impact on men, which in turn, fucks up society - because men are in control of virtually everything. Like, the idea that men should be unemotional - this is untrue - anger is an emotion, but it is really the only emotion men are allowed to show. This leads to much of the violence in society because rather than expressing sadness, hurt or fear, men are required to resolve their uncomfortable emotions through the expression of anger. Same could be said for aggression and dominance. A "real man" is always in control so men who allow other men to take charge end up lower on the social hierarchy, which leads to internalized negative self worth, which can also result in violence as a means to regain control - shit like school/mass shooters.

At least, that is my understanding of the term.

I'm probably overstepping my bounds, but I think Ron is saying that he is having a hard time with this death specifically and because he was taught to express his pain with anger, it's uncomfortable for him to admit crying over it or having these emotions.

Fwiw: kevansvault's posts are a consistent example of toxic masculinity in response to death.

There is nothing wrong with a man crying. I have cried a lot the past 6 months.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/crying-...ce=DDAfternoon

‘Crying Nazi’ Christopher Cantwell's Lawyer Says He’s Just Kidding About Killing Jews

Christopher Cantwell’s lawyer says his client’s comments disparaging blacks and Jews is just a comedic act of a “shock jock,” comparing him to the Jewish comedian Jackie Mason.

The claim was made during a four-hour bail hearing for Cantwell on Thursday night. Cantwell faces three felony charges stemming from an incident at the University of Virginia on Aug. 11, in which he pepper-sprayed at least two people during a torchlight procession of hundreds of white supremacists who chanted Nazi slogans. The conflict was captured on camera and broadcast in a now-famous Vice News documentary.

Cantwell, a New Hampshire resident, hosts an online white-supremacist radio show called Radical Agenda and has become a well-known figure in the so-called “alt right.” He was invited to the Aug. 12 “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville as a speaker, but didn’t after the event turned into a riot in which Heather Heyer was killed.

Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainme...ies/ar-AAqFj8Q

Scott Baio Tweets Meme That Claims Charlottesville, Sandy Hook Are Connected Conspiracies

Trump superfan and Republican National Convention speaker Scott Baio, formerly in-charge as Charles of "Charles in Charge" and Chachi of "Joanie Loves Chach" wonders what his Twitter followers think of a meme suggesting Heather Heyer's death is an anti-right conspiracy.

Heyer is the protester who was killed earlier this month in Charlottesville, Virginia, during the "Unite the Right" rally that was major congregation of Ku Klux Klan members, white supremacists and neo-Nazis. A car allegedly driven by a rally goer slammed into counter-protesters, killing Heyer and injuring 19 others. Heyer's mother, Susan Bro, has appeared on several news reports and other television shows since her daughter's death.

On Twitter, Baio shared a meme suggesting that Bro is the same person as Donna Soto, the mother of teacher Vicki Soto, who was killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in 2012 in Newtown, Connecticut.

Essentially, Baio shared a tweet suggesting that Heyer's death, allegedly at the hands of a white supremacist, and the Sandy Hook shooting, are both hoaxes -- and that the women speaking out in the media about them are actually one and the same.

The idea that the Sandy Hook shooting was actually a hoax or a false flag attack perpetrated by the government is a conspiracy theory that's been around since the shooting itself, mostly perpetuated by people like Alex Jones of Infowars. Baio floating the two as related isn't a coincidence: At the time of the Sandy Hook shooting, far-right conspiracy theorists claimed the fake mass murder was an attempt to enact stricter gun laws, take away the Second Amendment, and essentially foist tyranny on the U.S.

Drawing the parallel to the accusation that white supremacists attacked counter-protesters and killed one suggests similar sentiments: A conspiracy against the Right Wing.

Scott Baio Tweets Meme That Claims Charlottesville, Sandy Hook Are Connected Conspiracies
    Scott Baio can go eat a giant bag of dicks.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...statue-n798821

Charlottesville Council Votes to Remove Confederate Statue After Tense Hearing

The Charlottesville, Virginia, City Council voted Tuesday night to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson from a local park after a public hearing punctuated by protests and chants of "Let her speak."

By voice vote, the council voted after 11 p.m. ET to ask a design firm to redesign Emancipation Park, where the Jackson statue stands — effectively ordering its removal once all court cases are resolved.
    Image: Stonewall Jackson statue covered by tarp
    The statue of Stonewall Jackson is covered by a black tarpaulin in Justice Park in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Aug. 23. Mark Wilson / Getty Images

The vote would also expedite the relocation of the park's statue of Robert E. Lee, which was at the center of white nationalist demonstrations in mid-August that led to the death of a woman after a car plowed into a group of anti-protesters.

The vote proceeded without incident — a sharp contrast from the public hearing earlier in the evening, when the council cut off a woman who was seeking to speak about the resolution during other business.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Scott Baio can go eat a giant bag of dicks.
    When did Republicans just become fucking insane? It was a gradual shift, but right around 2000 was the beginning of the end. Bush started a downward spiral.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

When did Republicans just become fucking insane? It was a gradual shift, but right around 2000 was the beginning of the end. Bush started a downward spiral.
    The internet probably.

Ah, those godly Christians....they are so much better than everyone else.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

A descendent of Robert E. Lee spoke these words at the MTV Video Awards last month in the immediate aftermath of Charlottesville:

“My name is Robert Lee IV, I’m a descendant of Robert E. Lee, the Civil War general whose statue was at the center of violence in Charlottesville. We have made my ancestor an idol of white supremacy, racism, and hate. As a pastor, it is my moral duty to speak out against racism, America’s original sin.

Today, I call on all of us with privilege and power to answer God’s call to confront racism and white supremacy head-on. We can find inspiration in the Black Lives Matter movement, the women who marched in the Women’s March in January, and, especially, Heather Heyer, who died fighting for her beliefs in Charlottesville.”

Long story short, his North Carolina congregants didn’t like what he had to say on national television and they decided to take a vote on whether he should remain as their pastor. Lee took the hint and issued this statement:

“I regret that speaking out has caused concern and pain to my church. For this is I offer my heartfelt apology. I understand that my views could be considered to be controversial. I never sought this sort of attention. But, I do believe in God’s role in calling out for positive social change for the good of all.

We are all called by God to speak out against hate and evil in all its many forms. There are so many good things going on with this congregation and I do not want my fight to detract from the mission. If the recent media attention causes concern with my church, I reluctantly offer my resignation.”

Lee’s congregants emphatically did not like the world wide media attention.

Diiiiiicks.

Bush? I miss him.
    By any means necessary!

Virginia Elections: The Statistic That Should Never Be Forgotten

Ralph Northam got 84% of the vote in Charlottesville.

Its residents clearly didn't think there were "very fine people on both sides."

I'm late commenting on this, but I have a theory on conspiracy claims like this one.

So many conspiracy theories seem to be based around the insistence that the same "crisis actors" have been identified in different incidents. People will post vids & pix & diagrams where they carefully point out the "identical features". Most people look at their material & think " WTF? These people look nothing alike", but some people seem to see exactly what they see.

So I'm wondering if some conspiracy theorists are just people with undiagnosed cases of mild prosopagnosia (aka face blindness)?

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34709004

Virginia Elections: The Statistic That Should Never Be Forgotten

Yes.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I'm late commenting on this, but I have a theory on conspiracy claims like this one.

So many conspiracy theories seem to be based around the insistence that the same "crisis actors" have been identified in different incidents. People will post vids & pix & diagrams where they carefully point out the "identical features". Most people look at their material & think " WTF? These people look nothing alike", but some people seem to see exactly what they see.

So I'm wondering if some conspiracy theorists are just people with undiagnosed cases of mild prosopagnosia (aka face blindness)?

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34709004
    No. They are just the most illogical and irrational people the earth has to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    No. They are just the most illogical and irrational people the earth has to offer.
    Yeah. They're just gullible and fucking morons. Their rationale behind it is assinine.

Thread Information