Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Submarine Owner, Peter Madsen, Charged With Manslaughter After Journalist Goes Missing, & Then His Sub Sinks At Sea

Submarine Owner, Peter Madsen, Charged With Manslaughter After Journalist Goes Missing, & Then His Sub Sinks At Sea

Sorry about the title, I really didn't know how to word it. This is probably the only missing person's case in the world that will involve a privately owned sub

The journalist hasn't been named yet. Apparently her boyfriend called police when she didn't return as expected. An air & sea search began for the sub, during the search Peter Madsen failed to respond to all attempts at radio contact. Eventually the sub was spotted & then radio contact was made.

30 mins later it suddenly & unexpectedly sank.

Peter Madsen claims there was a ballast issue & he had no time to react. He was rescued & claimed he had no idea she was missing. His story is that he dropped her back as planned & he doesn't have any idea where she could be.

They're currently working on getting a salvage team to retrieve the sub because it was unsafe for divers to enter when they found it

http://www.dw.com/en/danish-diy-subm...ter/a-40064090

Danish DIY submarines sinks, inventor Peter Madsen arrested on suspicion of manslaughter

Danish inventor Peter Madsen has been arrested after his giant homemade submarine sunk with a passenger inexplicably missing. The submarine ignored radio contact and only sunk after it was found by searching authorities.

The Danish owner of a huge DIY submarine was arrested on manslaughter charges after his craft sunk, and a journalist who was possibly on board disappeared, Copenhagen police announced on Friday.

Peter Madsen built the world's largest homemade submarine in 2008 after crowdfunding the cost. The 40-ton, 18-meter-long (60 feet) craft named UC3 Nautilus was his third submarine project.

The 46-year-old was voyaging off the coast of Denmark with a Swedish journalist who local media said was doing a story on the sub, when they went missing.

According to the police timeline, on Thursday at about 7 p.m. local time, the sub departed Refshale Island, a former industrial shipyard transformed into a creative hub, for what was supposed to be a short trip.

But when they did not return, the journalist's boyfriend alerted authorities at about 2.30 a.m., prompting a wide search.

The sunken craft was Madsen's third and largest submarine project in 2008

Craft sinks after being spotted

Two helicopters and three ships scoured the Baltic Sea waters between Copenhagen and the island of Bornholm. Eventually a lighthouse in Koge Bay, about 30 kilometers (19 miles) south of Copenhagen, spotted the craft at 10.30 a.m. on Friday.

"A radio contact was established for the boat, which, according to the owner, was heading towards the harbor," the police statement said. But 30 minutes later "the submarine suddenly sank and the owner was subsequently rescued on a private motorboat sailing him in port."

Local broadcaster TV2 aired footage of Madsen getting off the private boat and giving a thumbs-up sign, but the journalist was nowhere to be seen.
    Madsen told authorities he had dropped her off back at their departure point at about 10.30 p.m.

"Whether the woman was on board the submarine at the time of her disappearance is unclear," Danish police said without naming her.

Ignored radio contact

When asked why he did not respond to radio contact earlier in the day, Madsen told them he had had technical problems, Danish navy spokesman Anders Damgaard told The Associated Press.

Before his arrest Madsen told TV2 that the submarine sank when a minor ballast problem rapidly escalated and sunk the boat.

"It took about 30 seconds for Nautilus to sink, and I couldn't close any hatches or anything," he said. "But I guess that was pretty good, because I otherwise still would have been down there."

"I am fine, but sad because Nautilus went down."
    Police located the wreck several meters below the surface but divers were unable to safely enter it. They were hoping to tow it to port on Saturday and then search inside.

Copenhagen Deputy Police Inspector Jens Moller Jensen said investigators were looking for witnesses who may have seen the woman after the time Madsen reported she disembarked.
    Madsen was due to appear in court on Saturday.
    aw/ng (AP, AFP)
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-12-2017 at 01:35 AM.

Timeline....

Thursday 7pm: The submarine, crewed by its owner and a Swedish journalist, sails from the Refshale?en island harbour near Copenhagen.

Thursday 8:30pm: Denmark military authorities receive a message from a cruise ship that observed the submarine sail out of Copenhagen Harbour, according to a DR report.

Friday 2:30am: The partner of the Swedish woman reports that the craft is missing. The Danish Defence Command (V?rnsf?lles Forsvarskommando) begins searching for the submarine.

Friday 10:30am: The submarine is sighted in K?ge Bay. Radio contact is made and the owner says he is setting course to Copenhagen, and that the submarine has technical problems.

Friday 11:00am: The owner is recovered by a private boat, but there is no sign of the second crew member. The owner is sailed to land at Drag?r Harbour.

Friday afternoon: Police in Sweden state that a missing person alert issued during the morning pertains to the woman on board the submarine and remains in place, reports Swedish news agency TT.

Friday 5:44pm: Copenhagen police announce through a press statement that the owner of the Nautilus has been charged over the woman’s death. Police divers have located the sunken submarine but have not yet gained access to it.

https://www.thelocal.se/20170812/dan...rnalists-death

Wow. People and their goddamned submarines. Shm.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I wonder what the cruise ship reported 8.30pm? She wasn't reported missing for another 6hrs. So was it just a standard sighting, or did they seem something that they thought was unusual?

They've released her name now

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-d...-idUSKBN1AS0V2
    COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Danish police said on Saturday they were preparing to search a sunken submarine owned by Danish inventor Peter Madsen who has been charged with the inadvertent manslaughter of a journalist.

The police said that Madsen, 46, was being held in custody for 24 days, accused of killing Swedish woman Kim Wall, 30, who they said had been on his submarine before it sank on Friday.

Madsen was rescued on Friday morning in a navy operation and taken ashore after his homemade 17-metre submarine went down.

The vessel was recovered on Saturday in Koge Bay, south of Copenhagen, at a depth of seven meters, and taken into harbor.

It will be partly drained of water and searched by the police late on Saturday and early Sunday.

Madsen, an entrepreneur known as an artist, submarine builder and aerospace engineer, went before a judge on Saturday behind closed doors for preliminary questioning. His defense lawyer, Betina Hald Engmark, told Reuters he denied the charges.

The police said on Friday the inventor had said he had dropped Wall off in Copenhagen on Thursday night.

The police in Sweden said they had tried without success to contact her by phone and that her family had not heard from her.

The submarine, UC3 Nautilus, is one of three constructed by Madsen. It can carry eight people.

Hmm. I bet he sank it to hide a crime scene & she was put overboard a long way from the sub.

Be freaky if she turned up in a few days though - I guess he's counting on people considering that possibility to get him through this.

There's a few pix available of her now, including pix of her on the sub with him before they sailed out

Edit :

Sorry mods - I should've put this in missing person's or a death sub. When I posted I wasn't certain whether it was a missing persons case, a crime that resulted in a death, or neither.

I'm still not now, even though he's been charged
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-13-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Yeah maybe they found the crime scene and that's why they determined her dead but still want the body...I wonder what he did to that poor woman :/

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    http://nypost.com/2017/08/21/womans-...ng-journalist/

Woman’s torso found during search for missing journalist
    Wow..poor woman...I wonder if he dismembered her or I'd sea life was feeding on her and that's why she has no limbs...I'm thinking he did something really horrific to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1129 View Post
    Wow..poor woman...I wonder if he dismembered her or I'd sea life was feeding on her and that's why she has no limbs...I'm thinking he did something really horrific to her.
    Yeah. I had the same thoughts. I am not sure the ten or so days she has been missing is enough time for that much decomposition of the body to happen in the sea. Isn't the water pretty cool over there? I really don't know. If it wasn't the sea, then he did unspeakable things to her. My guess is he raped her and then killed her to cover it up.

Yeah. I had the same thoughts. I am not sure the ten or so days she has been missing is enough time for that much decomposition of the body to happen in the sea. Isn't the water pretty cool over there? I really don't know. If it wasn't the sea, then he did unspeakable things to her. My guess is he raped her and then killed her to cover it up.

Yeah, if it was just her limbs missing, then I could I could see it being a mixture of decomposition and sea life, but the fact that her head is missing is what makes me think he dismembered her & disposed of her. Rape definitely crossed my mind..if that's the case, then I'm wondering how many women will come out to say that he assaulted them.

Damn, I was expecting the worst, but dismemberment hadn't crossed my mind. At all. Her poor fucking family & friends

I really hope they get enough evidence to piece the truth together, because this arsehole is obviously going to continue lying to paint himself in the best possible light. Finding the sub at 22ft is a lot more shallow than I expected, I guess that's how they salvaged it so quickly, so hopefully enough remains of the crime scene to fuck him up.

I also hope that whatever happened, he knocked her unconscious before she had time to feel fear, because I cannot imagine the terror of being attacked by someone in those circumstances & knowing that all around you is nothing but icy, deep, dark water & nothing & no-one to save you, no matter how loud you scream

When it comes to nightmare situations, this is thalassophobia with the worst kind of extras

This guy is one sick piece of shit...he has to have assaulted women before...I just can't see this being his first victim

WTFFFFFFF - also WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE THEIR OWN SUBS??? Like.. who crowdfunded it? Why?

Have we dug into him much yet? What the fuckery!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I am just sickened that such a lovely, talented woman's life is over because of a creep like him.

Back & Forth emails about a prior sinking with Peter:
    http://www.psubs.org/mlist/archive/0808/msg00063.html

His website is still up with contact info:
    http://rml.space/contact

SS:

IG (deleted): https://www.instagram.com/rml.spacelab/
    Twitter (tweets now protected): https://twitter.com/rml_spacelab
    Facebook (deleted): https://www.facebook.com/rml.spacelab?fref=ts

Youtube (still up): https://www.youtube.com/user/Raketmadsen
    Google Plus (still up-last update 3 weeks ago): https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RMLspacelab

Going to keep lurking for his private accounts.

Good. Couldn't find shit personal wise for him. Piss.

Submarine Captain Charged With Kim Wall's Death Involved In 'Sexual Fetish Groups', Biographer Says

BY JULIANA ROSE PIGNATARO @JULIE_PIGNATARO ON 08/28/17 AT 10:16 AM

http://www.ibtimes.com/submarine-cap...rapher-2583395

"The submarine captain accused of killing journalist Kim Wall was involved in ?sexual fetish groups,? according to his biographer. Peter Madsen, 46, was charged with manslaughter after Wall?s headless torso was found off the coast of Copenhagen last week.

Madsen was fond of ?sexual experimenting in fetish groups? although he was married lived with ?a partner he loves,? his biographer, Thomas Djursing, told the New York Post this week. Other acquaintances described Madsen as eccentric and quirky.

?I mean, making space rockets and sailing around in homemade submarines is not normal behavior,? photographer Bo Tornvig, who had worked with Madsen, told reporters. ?But I?ve never seen him lay a hand on anyone.? ?He?s quirky. He?s borderline crazy,? said Jens Falkenberg, a submarine enthusiast who knew Madsen for more than 10 years, according to the Australian. ?But he?s not violent. He?s a very kind person. He gets stressed and loses his composure. But that kind of happens to everybody. I?m very confused and very sad. This is grotesque. I believe there was an accident and a terrible mistake."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/w...dd2fd19f39cd99

This article is a few days old but I remember seeing the pictures from this article before they had found her body...I remember seeing the pictures that passerbys took of her and madsen on the submarine...2 different pictures. I remember that when I saw the second one...I knew it wasn't gna be good...In the second picture, he is very close to her and she's facing away from him...idk I just instantly thought that he was too much in her personal space....like he was already preparing to try to make the moves on her...

It looks like it's behind a paywall. Can you post the pic? I posted one in final images, but I don't think it's the one you are talking about.
    Yeah let me give it a try

Darn that link is no good....sorry, I can't figure out how to post a screen shot

Is this it? I had not seen this one. I agree with your assessment.

Yes! That's it!

Prosecutors presented new evidence in the case against Danish inventor Peter Madsen on Tuesday, saying the body of the Swedish journalist who died on Madsen's personal submarine was riddled with more than a dozen stab wounds. At the pre-trial hearing, prosecutors said police had also found images of women tortured and murdered on a hard drive in Madsen's laboratory.

The revelations marked another unsettling turn in an already gruesome case, which has captivated Denmark and attracted international headlines since Kim Wall was first reported missing in mid-August. Last seen alive boarding Madsen's submarine on Aug. 10, Wall was nowhere to be found when that submarine sank and Madsen was rescued the next day. Wall's body, stripped of her head and limbs, washed ashore less than two weeks later.

Detained shortly after he was rescued, Madsen initially maintained he had dropped her off, alive and safe, the night of the same day they set out ? only to recant that story later, saying he "buried her at sea" after a 155-pound hatch accidentally fell on her head in a "terrible accident."

Yet the court has proven skeptical of this defense so far, ordering Madsen's detention extended as the charges against him have escalated ? from involuntary manslaughter up to the mutilation of a corpse and manslaughter. The latter charge is the "legal equivalent of murder" in Denmark, The New York Times explains.
    It Was A 'Terrible Accident,' Inventor Says Of Journalist's Death Aboard His Sub
    The Two-Way
    It Was A 'Terrible Accident,' Inventor Says Of Journalist's Death Aboard His Sub

At a pretrial hearing in Copenhagen on Tuesday, prosecutor Jakob Buch-Jepsen said the state's case against Madsen has only strengthened in recent weeks.

In addition to the stab wounds on Wall's body ? which, according to Reuters, Buch-Jepsen said were inflicted "around or shortly after her death" ? investigators say they also found Wall's DNA on Madsen's nails, nose and neck. The wire service noted that the cause of Wall's death has not yet been officially determined.

At the same time, prosecutors said police had found footage on a computer in his laboratory that depicts the torture and decapitation of women ? videos that appear not to have been produced by Madsen himself but "which we presume to be real," Buch-Jepsen said.

"The videos indicate that one might be interested in fetish, torture and killing," he said Tuesday, according to the Danish publication Politiken. "These are some very serious videos with women recorded abroad."

But Madsen denied the computer was his, saying it was found in a communal space. "They are the space laboratory's tools which have been used by everyone in the laboratory," Madsen said, as translated by Reuters.

The court ordered Tuesday that Madsen remain detained longer as authorities continue their investigation.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...m_term=nprnews
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    So the fucker the was getting off on snuff films? I have a feeling that if he would have gotten away with killing Wall, he may have become a serial killer.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    So the fucker the was getting off on snuff films? I have a feeling that if he would have gotten away with killing Wall, he may have become a serial killer.
    My thoughts exactly.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Thread Information