Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Submarine Owner, Peter Madsen, Charged With Manslaughter After Journalist Goes Missing, & Then His Sub Sinks At Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1129 View Post
    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/w...dd2fd19f39cd99

This article is a few days old but I remember seeing the pictures from this article before they had found her body...I remember seeing the pictures that passerbys took of her and madsen on the submarine...2 different pictures. I remember that when I saw the second one...I knew it wasn't gna be good...In the second picture, he is very close to her and she's facing away from him...idk I just instantly thought that he was too much in her personal space....like he was already preparing to try to make the moves on her...
    It looks like it's behind a paywall. Can you post the pic? I posted one in final images, but I don't think it's the one you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    It looks like it's behind a paywall. Can you post the pic? I posted one in final images, but I don't think it's the one you are talking about.
    Yeah let me give it a try

Darn that link is no good....sorry, I can't figure out how to post a screen shot

Is this it? I had not seen this one. I agree with your assessment.

Is this it? I had not seen this one. I agree with your assessment.

Yes! That's it!

Um, sure.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...5a713b6bc401cb

A DANISH judge has extended the detention of Peter Madsen, the inventor suspected in the death of a Swedish journalist aboard his homemade submarine.

In the first public hearing since Madsen was arrested on August 11, the 46-year-old claimed freelance journalist Kim Wall died after she was accidentally hit by a hatch in the submarine’s tower, and denied all accusations of sexual assault.

He told the court he slipped when in the tower and tried to hold the hatch, but it fell down.

The journalist, who was on her way up the tower, was hit in the head by the 70-kilogram hatch and bled from an open skull fracture, he said.

He explained the accident horrified him and that he hauled her up using a rope, which resulted in her clothes being pulled off. He then dropped her body into the sea and intended to commit suicide.

I like how he is claiming her body was totally intact when he buried her at sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I like how he is claiming her body was totally intact when he buried her at sea.
    Every part of his claim is utterly ridiculous! I also haven't seen anything where he is being accused of sexual assault in the court, but yet he makes a point to deny that he sexually assaulted her. I find that interesting.

Prosecutors presented new evidence in the case against Danish inventor Peter Madsen on Tuesday, saying the body of the Swedish journalist who died on Madsen's personal submarine was riddled with more than a dozen stab wounds. At the pre-trial hearing, prosecutors said police had also found images of women tortured and murdered on a hard drive in Madsen's laboratory.

The revelations marked another unsettling turn in an already gruesome case, which has captivated Denmark and attracted international headlines since Kim Wall was first reported missing in mid-August. Last seen alive boarding Madsen's submarine on Aug. 10, Wall was nowhere to be found when that submarine sank and Madsen was rescued the next day. Wall's body, stripped of her head and limbs, washed ashore less than two weeks later.

Detained shortly after he was rescued, Madsen initially maintained he had dropped her off, alive and safe, the night of the same day they set out ? only to recant that story later, saying he "buried her at sea" after a 155-pound hatch accidentally fell on her head in a "terrible accident."

Yet the court has proven skeptical of this defense so far, ordering Madsen's detention extended as the charges against him have escalated ? from involuntary manslaughter up to the mutilation of a corpse and manslaughter. The latter charge is the "legal equivalent of murder" in Denmark, The New York Times explains.
    It Was A 'Terrible Accident,' Inventor Says Of Journalist's Death Aboard His Sub
    The Two-Way
    It Was A 'Terrible Accident,' Inventor Says Of Journalist's Death Aboard His Sub

At a pretrial hearing in Copenhagen on Tuesday, prosecutor Jakob Buch-Jepsen said the state's case against Madsen has only strengthened in recent weeks.

In addition to the stab wounds on Wall's body ? which, according to Reuters, Buch-Jepsen said were inflicted "around or shortly after her death" ? investigators say they also found Wall's DNA on Madsen's nails, nose and neck. The wire service noted that the cause of Wall's death has not yet been officially determined.

At the same time, prosecutors said police had found footage on a computer in his laboratory that depicts the torture and decapitation of women ? videos that appear not to have been produced by Madsen himself but "which we presume to be real," Buch-Jepsen said.

"The videos indicate that one might be interested in fetish, torture and killing," he said Tuesday, according to the Danish publication Politiken. "These are some very serious videos with women recorded abroad."

But Madsen denied the computer was his, saying it was found in a communal space. "They are the space laboratory's tools which have been used by everyone in the laboratory," Madsen said, as translated by Reuters.

The court ordered Tuesday that Madsen remain detained longer as authorities continue their investigation.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...m_term=nprnews
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    So the fucker the was getting off on snuff films? I have a feeling that if he would have gotten away with killing Wall, he may have become a serial killer.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    So the fucker the was getting off on snuff films? I have a feeling that if he would have gotten away with killing Wall, he may have become a serial killer.
    My thoughts exactly.
    I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns past statues that atone for my sins
    There's a guard on every door and a drink on every floor
    Overflowing with a thousand amens - Tom Petty

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    Maybe now they’ll have enough parts to determine cause of death.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Maybe now they’ll have enough parts to determine cause of death.
    They said there were 19 stab wounds to her body :/. No fracture or head injury

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...probe-50377865

Sweden to revisit old murders amid Danish submarine probe

Swedish police say they will reopen old murder cases in an area near Copenhagen in the wake of the killing of Swedish journalist Kim Wall aboard a submarine.

Danish police on Saturday found bags containing body parts and clothes belonging to Wall, who went missing while on board local inventor Peter Madsen's submarine. Madsen, who is under investigation for manslaughter, says Wall died in August in an accident aboard the submarine.

Swedish broadcaster TV4 reported Monday that the southern region of Skane has around 120 unsolved killings.

Bo Lundqvist, head of the cold case unit in Skane, said that "we also have cases with quartered bodies."

Next month, DNA databases from Sweden and Denmark will be joined up, with Madsen's DNA expected to be tested against unsolved killings.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...id=mailsignout

Danish submarine owner admits dismembering body of Swedish journalist -police

Danish inventor Peter Madsen has admitted to dismembering Swedish journalist Kim Wall on board his submarine in August and dumping her body parts in the sea, but he still denies killing her, police said on Monday.

The police said in a statement Madsen had told them in an Oct. 14 interrogation that Wall, 30, had died from carbon monoxide poisoning inside the submarine, while he was on the deck of the vessel.

The police would now gather additional information from coroners and submarine experts from the Danish defence command.

In past court hearings, Madsen said that Wall had died accidentally after being hit by a heavy hatch cover on his UC3 Nautilus submarine.

The police said they would now extend the charges against Madsen - which already include murder and mutilating Wall's body - to include sexual assault without intercourse, based on 14 interior and exterior stab wounds to the journalist's genitals.

"Kim Wall had suffered 14 stabs in and around the genitals and it is due to these stabs that we have said that there must have been a sexual motive," police spokesman Jens Moller Jensen told journalists in Copenhagen.

Madsen denies the murder and sexual assault charges.

The cause of death was still unknown, said Jensen.

I didn't keep up to date with developments on this. We need to find a Danish forum & check out the discussion on these 120 unsolved cases in the area - especially the ones involving quartered bodies

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/11...ournalist.html

Kim Wall murder: Divers find arm thought to be from beheaded journalist

An arm was found in the sea near Copenhagen that may belong to slain journalist Kim Wall, Danish police said Tuesday.

Copenhagen Police said in a news release the arm was found near the route authorities are searching in Koge Bay as part of the ongoing investigation into the death of Wall, who disappeared after taking a ride on a homemade submarine with Danish inventor Peter Madsen in August.

The arm is being examined Wednesday at the Norwegian Institute of Medicine to determine who it came from, according to police.

"We have not yet determined whether it is a right or left arm or who the arm belongs to. But we assume that it originated from the submarine case," Deputy Police Inspector Jens Moller Jensen said.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/11...rine-case.html

Danish police find another arm thought to be from beheaded journalist

Another arm was found Wednesday in the in the sea near Copenhagen that may belong to slain journalist Kim Wall, just over a week after authorities made a similar grisly discovery.

Copenhagen Police said in a news release the arm was found near the route authorities are searching in Koge Bay as part of the ongoing investigation into the death of Wall, who disappeared after taking a ride on a homemade submarine with Danish inventor Peter Madsen in August.

"The arm has not been investigated yet, but it has been found in the same area as we found the first arm and it was weighted down similarly," Deputy Police Inspector Jens M?ller Jensen said. "Therefore, we assume that the arm is connected to the submarine case."

Kim Wall murder: Danish inventor Peter Madsen charged in ?unusual and extremely gross? case.

DANISH prosecutors have formally charged inventor Peter Madsen with last year?s murder of Swedish journalist Kim Wall, whose dismembered body parts were found at sea after she interviewed him on his homemade submarine.

Prosecutor Jakob Buch-Jepsen said overnight the case is ?very unusual and extremely gross?, according to the Associated Press.

Madsen, who was arrested and detained shortly after Wall?s disappearance in August,*has admitted cutting up her body and dumping it at sea but has denied intentionally killing her.

His trial will begin on March 8, charged with premeditated murder as well as dismemberment and ?sexual relations other than intercourse of a particularly dangerous nature?, prosecutors said.

They said it was not known exactly how Wall was murdered, ?but the homicide could have taken place by cutting of the throat or strangulation.?

In a grisly case that shocked the public, the remains of 30-year-old Wall were found over a series of weeks in Koge Bay, weighed down by metal objects, after she vanished while interviewing Madsen on his submarine on August 10.

Prosecutors have previously said they believe Madsen killed Wall as part of a sexual fantasy. Madsen has denied any sexual relations with Wall.

Wall worked as a freelance journalist based in New York and China, and her articles were published in*The Guardian,*The New York Times*and others.

After intentionally sinking his submarine early on August 11 in Koge Bay, some 50 kilometres from the Danish capital, Madsen was picked up by a rescue vessel and initially told police he had dropped Wall off on land after their interview the previous evening.

He then went on to change his version of events several times. A 46-year-old self-taught engineer, Madsen is an eccentric, well-known figure in Denmark.

His homemade submarine Nautilus, launched in 2008, was the biggest private submarine ever made when he built it with help from a group of volunteers.

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/...1ca50a361bbda8

https://www.thecut.com/2018/02/peter...-kim-wall.html

A devastating new story on the Kim Wall murder case from Wired reports that her accused killer, Peter Madsen, texted about a “murder plan” aboard his submarine in the days before her death.
    Per Wired, a friend and sexual partner of Madsen’s revealed that she’d been texting with the inventor in the days before Wall’s murder and “she’d asked Madsen to motivate her with a threat” to help her finish a project:

“He says he has a murder plan ready in the submarine, and I tell him I am not afraid, you have to be more threatening. He talks about the tools he wants to use, and I say, ‘Oh it’s not threatening.’ ” The scenario darkened to inviting a friend to the submarine, where they would suddenly change the mood and begin cutting her up. At the time, the woman didn’t give the exchange much thought; it was not something she took seriously. After a lull in the back and forth, she responded by sending him a video of horses.

Investigators had previously said that they found “material featuring women being tortured and killed” on Madsen’s computer.

The Wired story also spoke to a man named Jens Falkenberg who spent weekend volunteering to help build Madsen’s submarine. He described situations in which “Madsen would pretend to be a violent Nazi and would mime hitting” him:

There was also a lot of joking around about Nazis in the workshop. Crewmembers called each other by Nazi-inspired nicknames. Madsen was called Kaleun, for Kapit?nleutnant, a nod to the 1981 film Das Boot, about a fictional German U-boat unit during World War II, Falkenberg said.

The article they refer to was written by a close friend of hers. It's really in depth -
    & really fucking sad (it's also way to long to paste)

https://www.wired.com/story/final-te...yage-nautilus/

A nice bio article on Kim Wall.

URL="http://abcnews.go.com/International/trial-kim-walls-murder-begins-friends-seeking-justice/story?id=53414521"]http://abcnews.go.com/International/trial-kim-walls-murder-begins-friends-seeking-justice/story?id=53414521[/URL]

As Kim Wall's murder trial begins, friends seeking 'justice' hope her legacy empowers women journalists

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/07/e...ntl/index.html

In another twist, at Madsen's request, the trial will take place before a judge and just two jurors instead of the typical six- or nine-person jury.

"The defense must believe this will be an advantage," says Lund Madsen. "I can't speak to the exact strategy, but this is normally something you might do when the case is one of great emotion, in the hope that less jurors could provide a more objective decision."

If found guilty, Madsen will spend the rest of his life in prison if the prosecution has its way. But in a country where a murder sentence typically carries 12 years, it will still take a significant burden of proof to show enough aggravating circumstances to warrant a life sentence.

The verdict is scheduled for April 25.

Thread Information