Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1 dead, several hurt after ride malfunctions at Ohio State Fair

I don't think there were 8 people in the car, I wonder if bystanders were injured.

It's weird that some passengers were still in their seats and others weren't.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I don't think there were 8 people in the car, I wonder if bystanders were injured.

It's weird that some passengers were still in their seats and others weren't.
    Looking at the video, I think there were two cars affected. One that hit the barrier and fell to the ground and one beside it that stayed attached but was either hit by the car that fell or also the barrier. The second car that stayed attached was the one Tyler and one other Woman fell from... At least that's what I see from the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Ya know, it's amazing to me the people on YouTube who are recording videos of people on the ground being treated. (I mean, I'm not much better for watching them) The police are telling them to back up and they're upset about having to. People are telling them it's disrespectful to record, and they're upset about it.

I'm not surprised by the initial video of the ride breaking and the people falling. It's not like that person knew what was going to happen, but the aftermath videos are just saddening because someone thought, "I should record this" instead of being helpful and giving space.

Dr. Anahi Ortiz said blunt force injuries to the head, trunk and lower extremities are the preliminary results in the investigation into the death of Tyler Jarrell.

Oh and the family hired an attorney.
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...uit/521644001/

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Dr. Anahi Ortiz said blunt force injuries to the head, trunk and lower extremities are the preliminary results in the investigation into the death of Tyler Jarrell.

As well they should

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often, the way those things are just thrown together... fuck that noise.

I am pretty sure I would have hired a lawyer, too, to be honest.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Looking at the video, I think there were two cars affected. One that hit the barrier and fell to the ground and one beside it that stayed attached but was either hit by the car that fell or also the barrier. The second car that stayed attached was the one Tyler and one other Woman fell from... At least that's what I see from the video.
    There's a video on YouTube of some man showing the aftermath.

If you feel like watching it. It's not as graphic as the woman who filmed her sister's face after she rolled her car, but it does have injured people in it and I felt guilty for watching it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJJgRQjvO8c

About halfway through you see people scrambling off the ride and they had 2 more people come off the ride and were carried to the side. I think from a news interview I watched (if it's the same guy), he got hit in the back of the neck with something and fractured part of his neck.

Nerdminga I couldn't watch the vid-is it this one?

It's another person saying "omg" a lot. What's interesting is there are comments saying the woman thrown from the ride was dead. She could have been unconscious, but how do you survive being thrown 30 ft in the air and landing on black top?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    I am pretty sure I would have hired a lawyer, too, to be honest.
    Not faulting them at all, just seems they would have waited a week or so. Idk. I'm sure they had lawyers/media bugging the hell out of them.

After Dennis (the principal) it might not be a bad idea to hire lawyers early. Especially if it keeps records from being destroyed or covered up.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Nerdminga I couldn't watch the vid-is it this one?

It's another person saying "omg" a lot. What's interesting is there are comments saying the woman thrown from the ride was dead. She could have been unconscious, but how do you survive being thrown 30 ft in the air and landing on black top?
    Yeah it was that one. I probably just didn't put it on here correctly. The man was pretty annoying, but probably in shock. I just was annoyed with how they told him to move and he got snippy with them.

I wonder if she was the one that fell straight down. Tyler was the one thrown 50 ft.

Some pretty nasty videos and pictures on this girls facebook
    She also reported something that I won't repeat because I don't see anything official.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...29&pnref=story

ETA: I'm thinking it's just a rumor....a bad one. I don't think it's true.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 07-29-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Some pretty nasty videos and pictures on this girls facebook
    She also reported something that I won't repeat because I don't see anything official.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...29&pnref=story

ETA: I'm thinking it's just a rumor....a bad one. I don't think it's true.
    About them all being dead? Yeah, that's stupid... news has already started interviewing victims.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdmiga View Post
    About them all being dead? Yeah, that's stupid... news has already started interviewing victims.
    Wait, this chick claimed they were all dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Wait, this chick claimed they were all dead?
    I don't know if that's what the rumor was or if that's what berm is referring to. I was clicking thru the FB and saw this thing that said a sister was a nurse in the ER and everyone was dead, and that's ridiculous. It would have been reported officially.

One person has done at least 2 interviews about being stuck on the ride. He got hit in the back of the neck and fractured a vertabrae.

I don't know if that's what the rumor was or if that's what berm is referring to. I was clicking thru the FB and saw this thing that said a sister was a nurse in the ER and everyone was dead, and that's ridiculous. It would have been reported officially.

One person has done at least 2 interviews about being stuck on the ride. He got hit in the back of the neck and fractured a vertabrae.
    Yeah, I doubt that some chick who seems about as intelligent as a jar of mayonnaise has the scoop before anyone else.

...I just said something to my husband earlier about how I'm happy that we moved back in time to go to the fair that I used to spend every Labor day at, then I come on to this. Now I don't want to go. These poor people, I can't even watch videos that picture with them in the air makes me feel ill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    ...I just said something to my husband earlier about how I'm happy that we moved back in time to go to the fair that I used to spend every Labor day at, then I come on to this. Now I don't want to go. These poor people, I can't even watch videos that picture with them in the air makes me feel ill.
    Just don't ride any rides

Yeah, the rumor was all BS.
    A lot of my friends were sharing it so at first, I didn't know for sure. The more I read around....totally untrue.

Yeah, the rumor was all BS.
    A lot of my friends were sharing it so at first, I didn't know for sure. The more I read around....totally untrue.
    Something on the internet wasn't true? I am shocked and appalled

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I don't ride fair rides like that and I won't let my kid. I go on a few at Six Flags because a lot of those are sketchy as fuck too. Just a couple of years ago that lady fell off the Texas Giant and was killed here.
    I'll generally do any of Seaworld or Disney's. I feel like they do better maintenance.
    The Texas State Fair is where we go, and the only ride I ride there is the ferris wheel, and it lives there year-round.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Growing up I loved going on the craziest fastest rides...but my mom would never let me go on any rides at places that were only there temporarily - she didn't think they were safe because they are moved from place to place and felt like they were built too quickly (as opposed to other places like Disneyland, etc).

Thank you, mom.
    That's how I feel. "This ride wasn't here yesterday. I'm good."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Great, now all the libtards are going to ruin state fairs with their gubberment regulations and safety requirements.
    God damn liberals giving a shit about people. It makes me sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Just don't ride any rides
    It wasn't so much myself, but my kids. I don't want to take them to a place to watch fireworks that has a bunch of rides and be like, "sorry little dudes, they're not safe." I literally never thought of the point that they're not there then put up in a few hours...it's always been a thing for us to go to as a kid with nothing ever happening, it never came to my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    I don't ride fair rides like that and I won't let my kid. I go on a few at Six Flags because a lot of those are sketchy as fuck too. Just a couple of years ago that lady fell off the Texas Giant and was killed here.
    I'll generally do any of Seaworld or Disney's. I feel like they do better maintenance.
    The Texas State Fair is where we go, and the only ride I ride there is the ferris wheel, and it lives there year-round.
    When I was younger, I loved Seaworld. Now, just the idea of the place disgusts me.

I went to the DuPage county fair today and they had this same type of ride and it was closed down. If your curious here's an article about it. http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2017/0...-fair/a88j5uf/
    Last edited by puke; 07-30-2017 at 07:13 PM.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Thread Information