Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1 dead, several hurt after ride malfunctions at Ohio State Fair

1 dead, several hurt after ride malfunctions at Ohio State Fair

At least one person was killed and several others injured when a ride malfunctioned on opening day of the Ohio State Fair, fire officials said.

Some of the victims were thrown from the Fire Ball ride when it malfunctioned Wednesday night, said Columbus Battalion Chief Steve Martin.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/270353069-story

https://twitter.com/obey_jbell/statu...792576/video/1 - video of the malfunction here

Holy shit, good thing i don't like roller coasters anymore.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I'm surprised there wasn't more casualties.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

1 dead at Ohio State Fair

Never rider the Carny rides. The ride (The Fireball) literally falls apart in mid swing...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...cident-n786901

There's footage of the ride breaking apart online.

Right after I got done watching that video a commercial came on for the DuPage county fair which I've been going to since I was a kid and they got the same exact ride. Maybe I'll just stick to the demolition derby this year.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Holy shit. You can hear a woman saying "Could be fun!" or something just moments before the part disconnects and goes flying off ...

God damnit, Ohio. This is why we can't have nice things!

There's an amusement park about 2 hours from here that I've been too a bunch of times but not for several years. I've often thought about going back the last few years but I've also seen more and more videos like that and NOOOOPE!!! Fair rides are the worst though as they are being taken down and set up all the time by god knows who.

Here's the latest update

NEWS UPDATE: RIDE MALFUNCTION AT OHIO STATE FAIR

As of this morning, the order to keep rides closed continues. The fair will open today as scheduled, however no rides will be running. Here is an update on a few other things:

1. The cause of the death of the 18 year old man has not been determined other than the ride malfunctioned. A doctor at OSU Hospital states that the victims will likely remain hospitalized for at least one week after suffering orthopedic injuries. Exact injury details are not available.

2. Age ranges, names, and genders of the seven victims that were hurt have not been released as of this morning. Also, the name of the person who died has not been released.

3. There were 11 rides that started the day yesterday inoperable. Of those eleven, four were said to not be in operation due to mechanical failure.

4. Inspections do not have a grade system, according to the Department of Agriculture, who is responsible for the inspections. It is either pass or fail. A full investigation into this incident will continue.

5. The Fireball ride started in 2002, according to Amusements of America, stating it is an aggressive thrill ride. At the high point, the ride is spinning 40 feet in the air.

As more updates become available we will let you know.

Reporter Nick Dunn
    6:41am 7/27/17

Growing up I loved going on the craziest fastest rides...but my mom would never let me go on any rides at places that were only there temporarily - she didn't think they were safe because they are moved from place to place and felt like they were built too quickly (as opposed to other places like Disneyland, etc).

Thank you, mom.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Great, now all the libtards are going to ruin state fairs with their gubberment regulations and safety requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

The following are the names of those injured or killed after a ride malfunction yesterday at the Ohio State Fair. These names have been released by authorities so it is assumed that next of kin have been notified:

Deceased:

Tyler Jarrett, 18

Injured:

Tamika Dunlap, 36 - Reynoldsburg, Ohio
    Russell Franks, 42 - Columbus, Ohio
    Keziah Lewis, 19 - Columbus, Ohio
    Jacob Andrews, 22 - Pataskala, Ohio
    Jennifer Lambert, 18 - Columbus, Ohio
    Abdihakim Hussein, 19 - Columbus, Ohio

The identity of a 14-year-old boy who was also injured has not been released due to family request. We ask that our readers also honor that request.

Posted: 11:01 AM, 7/27/17

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I was never big on rides, but I'll go on the Tilt a Whirl ALL day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Someone on FB posted the following video, which somewhat shows (real shaky and a lady saying, "oh my god", etc.) the victims immediately after the accident.

https://www.facebook.com/nene.solove...8157258709234/

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Someone on FB posted the following video, which somewhat shows (real shaky and a lady saying, "oh my god", etc.) the victims immediately after the accident.

https://www.facebook.com/nene.solove...8157258709234/
    That person's leg was obviously broken, it was completely bent the other way. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Was the lady on the ground at the end the other passanger that was thrown from the ride?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Great, now all the libtards are going to ruin state fairs with their gubberment regulations and safety requirements.
    Yeah, because this is the first time something like this has happened before for them to have fixed any safety concerns.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is the FB for Tyler Jarrell. How very tragic.

https://www.facebook.com/jarrell163

Ugh....

Man, 18, is killed in Ohio Fair horror crash FIVE days after enlisting in Marines: Girlfriend, 19, also badly injured on the ride, only learned of his death when asking to see him post-surgery

The young man who lost his life at the Ohio State Fair on Wednesday night had just enlisted in the Marines last week. Tyler Jarrell, 18, of Reynoldsburg, Ohio has been identified by the State Highway Patrol as the young man who was killed while riding The Fireball. He was thrown into the air when part of the amusement ride snapped and came down with such force that he was killed upon impact. The tragedy occurred just five days after Tyler posted a photo to his Facebook page, and also left his girlfriend Keziah Lewis in critical condition.
    MORE HERE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Fireball.html

Better screen grab (SO SORRY it's so huge!!):

RIP Tyler

I hope Keziah recovers quickly - at least physically... I'm sure she'll have PTSD issues in the future - you can't unsee that. I'm so sad for them.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Ugh....

MORE HERE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Fireball.html

Better screen grab (SO SORRY it's so huge!!):

RIP Tyler

I hope Keziah recovers quickly - at least physically... I'm sure she'll have PTSD issues in the future - you can't unsee that. I'm so sad for them.
    Man. That is fucking awful.

Even though we're all thinking he's the one flying through the air in the screen grab, I actually think Tyler is the one on the other video Bewitching posted with the broken leg and his girlfriend is the one beside him. They seem to be the two that everyone attended to first

You go out for the day, spending time with your girlfriend to have an awesome day at the fair after you signed up and knew you were going away in to the military, and this happens. This is so fucking horrible.

I just saw on the news that one passanger had her whole leg chopped off when the car thing hit the guardrail. The woman that was still in the car looked like she had both legs. I'm guessing she was one of the 3 still in critical condition (the woman that lost her leg).

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Even though we're all thinking he's the one flying through the air in the screen grab, I actually think Tyler is the one on the other video Bewitching posted with the broken leg and his girlfriend is the one beside him. They seem to be the two that everyone attended to first

You go out for the day, spending time with your girlfriend to have an awesome day at the fair after you signed up and knew you were going away in to the military, and this happens. This is so fucking horrible.
    He was trying to cheer her up from her grandfather's funeral.

From the "Columbus (Ohio) Dispatch":

An 18-year-old man, Tyler Jarrell, of Reynoldsburg, was killed and seven others were injured as a result of the accident when the amusement ride fell apart. He was thrown high into the air and landed on the ground about 50 feet from the ride. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The other injured riders were transported to local hospitals.
    http://www.dispatch.com/news/2017072...hio-state-fair

I only hope it was fast and he felt no pain...
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

It said he was killed on impact, so hopefully that meant quick and painless (broken neck or rendered unconscious first)

I stand corrected. How terrible

Thread Information