Thread: 8 people found dead in sweltering tractor-trailer at San Antonio Walmart

8 people found dead in sweltering tractor-trailer at San Antonio Walmart

A phone call from a Walmart employee led to the discovery of eight bodies and 30 people severely injured in the back of a tractor-trailer in Texas early Sunday, authorities said.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/23/us/san...ler/index.html

"We are looking at a human-trafficking crime here," San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said.

The employee told authorities the trailer was parked at a Walmart lot in San Antonio. A man who was in it asked the employee for water.

The employee brought water for the man, then called police and asked them to conduct a welfare check, McManus said.

That's when authorities made the gruesome discovery: eight bodies and 30 people suffering from various injuries, fire department spokesman Joe Arrington said. He said 17 of those are in critical condition, and 13 are in serious condition.

"We quickly called a 'mass casualty incident' and had about 29 units arrive out there and start transporting people," San Antonio Fire Chief Charles Hood said.

"With heat strokes or heat injuries, a lot of them are going to have some irreversible brain damage."

The air conditioner in the trailer was not working, officials said. And the high temperature in San Antonio on Saturday was 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius).

"Unfortunately, some of them were severely overheated, and that was a refrigerated truck with no refrigeration," Hood said. "So the inside of the truck was just austere condition that nobody was going to survive in it. So we were very fortunate that they were found because if they would have spent another night in that environment, we would have 38 people who would not have survived."

Two of the 30 people hospitalized are 15 years old, the fire spokesman said.

They're saying 9 now.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b00e4363e00bc8

At least nine people died after being crammed in a sweltering tractor-trailer in a Walmart parking lot in San Antonio, Texas, early Sunday morning. Dozens of others were suffering from heat-related ailments in what San Antonio Police Chief William McManus called a “horrific tragedy” and a “human trafficking crime.”

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That is just horrible. Kudos to the Walmart employee for calling the police.

If you read the comments (I recommend you don't) on some of the MSM sites, RWNJ's are celebrating these peoples' deaths because they were trying to illegally get into America. It is absolutely disgusting...but sadly, not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    If you read the comments (I recommend you don't) on some of the MSM sites, RWNJ's are celebrating these peoples' deaths because they were trying to illegally get into America. It is absolutely disgusting...but sadly, not surprising.
    What do MSM & RWNJ stand for?
    And I agree that's absolutely disgusting that ppl are happy about this. Some of us just value human life no matter what color it comes in.

Main stream media and right wing nut jobs?

I guess I don't see smuggling people across borders as human trafficking. These people probably just paid to get access into the states and I believe we're headed to Iowa, possibly. The truck was from Iowa. Human trafficking is when people are bought and sold, am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    Main stream media and right wing nut jobs?

I guess I don't see smuggling people across borders as human trafficking. These people probably just paid to get access into the states and I believe we're headed to Iowa, possibly. The truck was from Iowa. Human trafficking is when people are bought and sold, am I missing something?
    I think a problem with these type of smuggling techniques is in unscrupulous smugglers taking the money and then demanding more upon arrival on threat of death or slavery.

Or I might have just seen that in criminal minds.

This is so sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I think a problem with these type of smuggling techniques is in unscrupulous smugglers taking the money and then demanding more upon arrival on threat of death or slavery.

Or I might have just seen that in criminal minds.

This is so sad.
    No, you're right. That's what a lot of Coyotes do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

This is local for me...I personally know a few people that came to the US illegally...there are a lot of immigrants in San Antonio because we are so close to the border...Alot of them are here to make a better life for themselves & their families. They work their asses off & enjoy their beer & for the most part try to stay out of trouble. I feel sorry for those just trying to make it. They didn't choose to be born into a poor country, & they don't have any options. It's very sad.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    They are loving life right now. Nothing makes them happier than people suffering. Don't step on a flag or sit during the anthem though. Then they lose their fucking minds.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 07-24-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information