Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Justine Ruszczyk (40) was shot dead by police after she called 911 to report a disturbance

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I'm not shocked by the actions of the police. If you can kill a 12 year old and get off, this person should be awarded 12
    Dang, I meant that this officer should be awarded the same way..

Still working hard to make it her fault.....

Woman reportedly 'slapped' squad car before police shooting

A woman approached the back of a Minneapolis police car and "slapped" it shortly before an Australian woman was shot and killed by an officer, according to a Minnesota search warrant.
    The search warrant obtained by Minnesota Public Radio does not say the woman was Justine Damond, but reads: "Upon police arrival, a female 'slaps' the back of the patrol squad ... After that, it is unknown what exactly happened, but the female became deceased in the alley."
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/36495373...hooting/#page1

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    The part of her being innocent and doing nothing is why POC are kinda like "Uh huh, yea" about this one, Jumaki.

Been telling you guys. And it's not like white victims hsven't gotten it too. They just haven't been pretty enough I guess.
    I can understand this, and have been saying it myself - it shouldn't take a white, pretty foreigner for action or change. I'm pissed off FOR POC over it.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Apparently these are popping up all over Minneapolis/St Paul.

LOLLOLOLOLOL I was looking at raw numbers of police shootings yesterday, holy fuck. WHY EVEN CALL THE FUCKING POLICE IN THE US? FUCK THAT.

Also why the fuck do you guys bother having tasers? Or batons? Or fucking anything else? GUN HELL.

For refernce, to those who think I have a vendetta, I do, because you guys are living in hell:

"US Police shoot and kill hundreds more people than the UK, Germany and Australia combined - but they're also more likely to be victims of gun violence.

Firm data was difficult to come by, but what we could find showed that in 2013 UK police didn't fire a single lethal shot. In 2011 German police were responsible for six shooting deaths, the same as Australian police in 2010."

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...uk-and-germany

Remove citizens carrying, you'll remove police having the excuse that they assume a citizen is carrying, see the simple logic there, correlated directly with stats proving this works? Fuck your stupid fucking Amendments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Two search warrants reveal new details in the police shooting death of Justine Damond. One search warrant is for the alley where Justine Damond was shot and killed by Minneapolis Police Officer Mohamed Noor on the night of July 15.

The search warrant says moments before the shooting, a woman “slaps” the back of the police SUV. WCCO has learned that at least one of the officers believes that woman was Damond, who had called 911 to report an assault. She was fatally shot moments later by Officer Noor as she approached the driver’s side door of the SUV.

While the first search warrant is for the alley where Damond was killed, the second search warrant is for her home.

Among the items police were searching for in Damond’s home were controlled substances, weapons and bodily fluids.

Damond’s fianc?, Dan Damond, had no problems with the search of the home just hours after she was shot and killed, according to Damond family’s attorney Bob Bennett. He says BCA agents were respectful, and that it was part of a routine investigation.

The search warrant says the BCA went into the home to make sure there was no delay in providing medical assistance to anyone who might have been inside, and that “nothing was taken” from the home.

But Hamline Law Professor Emeritus Joe Daly says after reading the warrant, it appears investigators were looking for any evidence that might explain Damond’s killing in the hours after the shooting.

“They want to read, in her house, writings. They want to look for control substances,” Daly said. “I just question whose the focus is on here now when they go into her house?”

Minneapolis police have since publicly indicated that Officer Noor was not following police protocol.
    http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/0...lapped-damond/

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    I can understand this, and have been saying it myself - it shouldn't take a white, pretty foreigner for action or change. I'm pissed off FOR POC over it.

LOLLOLOLOLOL I was looking at raw numbers of police shootings yesterday, holy fuck. WHY EVEN CALL THE FUCKING POLICE IN THE US? FUCK THAT.

Also why the fuck do you guys bother having tasers? Or batons? Or fucking anything else? GUN HELL.

For refernce, to those who think I have a vendetta, I do, because you guys are living in hell:

"US Police shoot and kill hundreds more people than the UK, Germany and Australia combined - but they're also more likely to be victims of gun violence.

Firm data was difficult to come by, but what we could find showed that in 2013 UK police didn't fire a single lethal shot. In 2011 German police were responsible for six shooting deaths, the same as Australian police in 2010."

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...uk-and-germany

Remove citizens carrying, you'll remove police having the excuse that they assume a citizen is carrying, see the simple logic there, correlated directly with stats proving this works? Fuck your stupid fucking Amendments.
    Yeah, they would still shoot innocent people most likely.

Looks like something put the fear of God into the cops in 2016 though. Sort of.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    This. I feel bad for the victim... However in my community, we see this daily. Brown, Castille, TAMIR RICE. Yeah, I can't cry any tears for her. Tamir was only 12?
    Why? It's sad they both died.

Quote Originally Posted by Resident_Queer View Post
    Why? It's sad they both died.
    I totally agree with this. Tamir's murder was tragic. It is also tragic that she was killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

None of the police shootings should happen, none. I have seen most of you miss what I was saying earlier about the Aussie thing though, and that's probably because you don't know what it is like to not need to fear police. Aussies don't fear police if they have done nothing wrong. Americans fear police at all times. She didn't know she was in grave danger when she called 911.

I still don't understand how Americans think having guns makes you safer, it just seems to make your police jumpier and more likely to shoot first ask questions later.

I think the police searching for dirt on someone that they murder is appalling too, but kinda thrilled they didn't find anything to dim the horror this time.

I didn't bring up Tamar Rice, or Philandro Castel, or any of the other innocent shootings, because this is Justine's thread, and they have their own. I am allowed to feel sorry for someone who thought she was in a civilised country doing the right thing for a stranger, and that still doesn't make me less outraged for the indifference Americans have for their own people, or for the loss of innocent lives that shouldn't have been taken by the people who should be there to protect them.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Every time there is a police shooting of an unarmed person, the cop gets off because they were afraid for their life. I'm not sure what the public needs to do to make police officers less scared but for gods sake, let us know when you come up with it.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

**cough** Gun control!!! **cough**

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post

To be fair you probably need to throw in a few more countries. The US still has 2 to 3 times more people than the UK, Germany and Australia. Why does no one ever compare us to Russia or the Philippians? We don't look so bad compared to them. https://www.hrw.org/report/2017/03/0...rtes-war-drugs

I agree. If US police didn't think every speeder they stopped was probably armed they'd probably not be as jumpy but gun control is never going to happen here. Our entire history is wrapped up in the whole "don't tread on me" spirit...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    Still working hard to make it her fault.....

Woman reportedly 'slapped' squad car before police shooting.
    Well there you go. Clearly justified. You don't slap a mans squad car.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

QUESTIONS have been raised about why police were granted a warrant to search Justine Damond?s home hours after she was killed by a Minneapolis officer.

US TV network ABC is reporting that Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension investigators were given permission to search the Australian woman?s residence hours after she was fatally shot.

A leading US-based legal expert has questioned the warrant, saying he ?cannot find probable cause to search her home?.

?I don?t understand why they?re looking for bodily fluids inside her home,? law professor Joseph Daly ? of Mitchell Hamline School of Law ? told ABC.

http://www.news.com.au/world/investi...edium=Facebook

But ,but, its gotta be her fault somehow ! This shit's ridiculous 😧

QUESTIONS have been raised about why police were granted a warrant to search Justine Damond?s home hours after she was killed by a Minneapolis officer.

US TV network ABC is reporting that Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension investigators were given permission to search the Australian woman?s residence hours after she was fatally shot.

A leading US-based legal expert has questioned the warrant, saying he ?cannot find probable cause to search her home?.

?I don?t understand why they?re looking for bodily fluids inside her home,? law professor Joseph Daly ? of Mitchell Hamline School of Law ? told ABC.

http://www.news.com.au/world/investi...edium=Facebook

But ,but, its gotta be her fault somehow ! This shit's ridiculous 😧
    They know that all the usual excuses and blame games they play aren't going to cut it in this case, so they have to attack the victim in new ways. I would love to see the basis of that warrant. The issuing judge WAY overstepped his bounds in my opinion.

She slapped the car?

Oooooh scary criminal here! I'm pretty sure the SUV could defend itself by being a fucking car.

SMDH

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdmiga View Post
    She slapped the car?

Oooooh scary criminal here! I'm pretty sure the SUV could defend itself by being a fucking car.

SMDH
    Dude, these cops wanna go home at the end of their shift.

Do you have any idea the numbers involved? There are literally millions of interactions with police and Americans are fine. If she didn't want to get shot, maybe she could have considered her actions. Maybe she should comply.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Dude, these cops wanna go home at the end of their shift.

Do you have any idea the numbers involved? There are literally millions of interactions with police and Americans are fine. If she didn't want to get shot, maybe she could have considered her actions. Maybe she should comply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruujin View Post
    I have seen most of you miss what I was saying earlier about the Aussie thing though, and that's probably because you don't know what it is like to not need to fear police. Aussies don't fear police if they have done nothing wrong. Americans fear police at all times. She didn't know she was in grave danger when she called 911.

I still don't understand how Americans think having guns makes you safer, it just seems to make your police jumpier and more likely to shoot first ask questions later.
    I got it, and I agree - this is how I feel if calling 000 (our 911), I'd never even consider i'd be shot. I wouldn't be. Americans thinking guns make you safer kills me, it's the debate i have nearly daily on Fb posts, and the answer is always down to 'it's our right' - I think it's a case as sad below, the 'don't tread on me'/'protect your castle' vitriol got eaten up, and kids are told the same shit etc. Until that changes, nothing will. Also, I don't give 2 fucks about amendments made how many years ago? You guys talk about the monarchy being stupid (I agree), and outdated, same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    To be fair you probably need to throw in a few more countries. The US still has 2 to 3 times more people than the UK, Germany and Australia. Why does no one ever compare us to Russia or the Philippians? We don't look so bad compared to them. https://www.hrw.org/report/2017/03/0...rtes-war-drugs

I agree. If US police didn't think every speeder they stopped was probably armed they'd probably not be as jumpy but gun control is never going to happen here. Our entire history is wrapped up in the whole "don't tread on me" spirit...
    You really, are trying to say, that you need to compare yourselves with Philo or Russia? Countries we know very well to need huge reforms? That says a LOT... That shouldn't be the case at all. Let's compare you guys to your favey, CHINA, again, you lose. Also, go look at Russia's stats..

This article is interesting for you - https://www.voanews.com/a/russia-us-...s/3415248.html

**cough** Gun control!!! **cough**
    I understand your point but there are those of us that need guns bc we hunt for our food. Taking away all guns would hurt a lot if ppl in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    I understand your point but there are those of us that need guns bc we hunt for our food. Taking away all guns would hurt a lot if ppl in my area.
    She said gun control, not outlaw guns. Canada has a shit ton of guns for hunting. I don't see why a dude living in the suburbs somewhere needs an AK-47.

People here have guns to hunt, gun control doesnt mean no guns at all.

I don't see how a mentally ill person in suburbia needs an AK - 47, it just doesn't make sense. For hunting food game you don't need a fully automatic military spec rifle, it seems like a psychopathy that people feel the need to own them.

There seems to be an echo in here....

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    She said gun control, not outlaw guns. Canada has a shit ton of guns for hunting. I don't see why a dude living in the suburbs somewhere needs an AK-47.
    Yep. As soon as anyone hears gun control, it seems they think 'THEY TAKIN' MY GURNZZZ' - no. What do you think our farmers use here? Kindly asking animals to die so they aren't overpopulated? No. It's about limiting how many are in circulation. We CRUSHED all the auto weapons because they aren't required. What the fuck do you need an automatic for? Nothing.

People here have guns to hunt, gun control doesn't mean no guns at all.
    I hate that we have to keep explaining this. Remove heads from ass, and maybe google 'gun control in Australia/UK'?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruujin View Post
    I don't see how a mentally ill person in suburbia needs an AK - 47, it just doesn't make sense. For hunting food game you don't need a fully automatic military spec rifle, it seems like a psychopathy that people feel the need to own them.
    I think your last point is how I see it - why do so many people feel so inferior/'small', that only a gun can make them feel 'safe'? That's the real issue.

Often when I have this debate, I'm asked, as a woman, wouldn't I prefer a gun to 'protect myself if raped/robbed' ... what?
    1. I would run from someone coming at me, as they likely won't have a gun, so will be fine.
    2. If I HAD TO HAVE A GUN, usually sexual assault isn't a slow build thing, it HAPPENS, with no time to reach for a fucking gun. You're asleep/drugged/whatever, so this argument is fucking stupid.
    3. 'What if your house is broken into' - umm.. that's what contents insurance is for? I don't believe protecting my possessions means I have the right to take a life? Also stats wise, those who try to 'protect their castle' with guns, usually come out worse for wear.
    4. We aren't worried about school shootings, calling the police etc etc - why? Gun control.

Remove the weapons, remove the excuse for police. Remove the weapons, remove the fear. All I see when I see people mouthing off about 'needing their gurrrrrns', are scared little piss babies/little men who need something tough to make them feel manly. Either way, it's sad and infuriating, that so many people are killed, simply for something that stokes peoples egos.

Why dis Australia bring in Gun Control? Out last massacre, Port Arthur. It happened when I was 6. We brought in Gun Control directly after. The HUGE drop in crime itself, let alone death related to crime says it all. Sandy Hook should have been the final fucking bullet in the chamber for you guys, but again, no. The NRA have too much money in your government.

For those who CBF googling:

Port Arthur overview - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_A...re_(Australia)
    Gun Control overview - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

OH and before anyone tries to talk about the LOL propaganda of stolen/home made weapons in Aus (i've been hit with that in debates, it's bullshit):

Largest Study to Date Finds Powerful Evidence That Gun Control Actually Works
    https://www.sciencealert.com/review-...-control-works

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...do-gun-control

Blighted showed me this just now too - http://killedbypolice.net/ - holy hell
    Last edited by daisylane; 07-30-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Thread Information