Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Justine Ruszczyk (40) was shot dead by police after she called 911 to report a disturbance

Justine Ruszczyk (40) was shot dead by police after she called 911 to report a disturbance

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...in-minneapolis

US police officers have shot dead an Australian woman who reportedly called 911 after hearing a noise near her home in Minneapolis.

Minnesota?s public safety department said a woman was shot in Minneapolis after two officers responded to a callout about a possible assault on Saturday at 11.30pm local time. The police officers did not have their body cameras turned on.

The woman has been named as Justine Damond, who ran meditation workshops at the Lake Harriet Spiritual Community.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 06:27 PM.

I made an article for her. I used her maiden name as I read they weren't married yet and she just used her partner's name for professional purposes.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017..._a_disturbance

The stepson seems kind of weird.

Her stepson said Damond, 40-year-old Sydneysider, was ?passionate? and his ?best friend?.

?Basically my mum was shot for reasons I don?t know,? he said in a video posted on Facebook on Monday morning.

Stepson - https://www.facebook.com/zach.damondmidnight

Partner - https://www.facebook.com/zach.damond...Jkc191c2VycyJd
    Last edited by Olivia; 07-17-2017 at 01:28 AM.

An Australian woman was dressed in her pyjamas when American police gunned her down, harrowing new details surrounding her death have revealed.
    Justine Damond, who also uses the name Justine Ruszczyk, was at home on Saturday night when she called 911 to report a noise and a possible assault in an alley in South Minneapolis, Minnesota.
    While police did not have body cameras switched on during the shooting, sources with knowledge of the incident claim the officers arrived at the alley at 11.30pm on Saturday night.
    Ms Damond reportedly walked up to the car and began talking to the driver when an officer in the passenger seat pulled a gun and shot her through the drivers side door. No weapon was discovered at the scene, the Star Tribune reports.
    The 40-year-old was originally from Sydney but had been living in the US for three years and was due to marry American businessman Don Damond, 50, in August.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4n5F0OqlL
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    The stepson seems kind of weird.

Her stepson said Damond, 40-year-old Sydneysider, was ?passionate? and his ?best friend?.

?Basically my mum was shot for reasons I don?t know,? he said in a video posted on Facebook on Monday morning.

Yeah, the stepson's comments struck me as odd and out in far left field too.

This whole thing is bizarre.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 07-17-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    It is odd overall.

She's a white girl, brace for change.

Nah, I'm fucking with you. Even white girls cant break that wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

It's convenient that both the body cam & dashboard cameras were turned off, isn't it. And why in the hell would be he shoot from the passenger side?! Makes me think he was skiddish or something. I'm hoping he gets charged w her death. Poor women calls for help and ends up getting shot dead. :(

Id be skiddish if most people were packing as well. Even cops get scared. Shoot first ask later is better then being shot i guess, who needs gun control meh ! 😐

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    Id be skiddish if most people were packing as well. Even cops get scared. Shoot first ask later is better then being shot i guess, who needs gun control meh ! 😐
    I get cops being scared but not skiddish. That's just scary to think about. Lol I hope they don't think like that, they're in my area a lot. Drugs are bad around here but thankfully crime (other than drugs) is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    It's convenient that both the body cam & dashboard cameras were turned off, isn't it. And why in the hell would be he shoot from the passenger side?! Makes me think he was skiddish or something. I'm hoping he gets charged w her death. Poor women calls for help and ends up getting shot dead. :(
    I'm reading it as the body cameras were turned off.

Are they supposed to be on at all times or do they turn them on when they get out of the car? Since they were still in the car I guess it could be a reason why they weren't on.

As for the dashcam, it didn't say if it was off or on - just that it didn't capture the event. Since they are typically pointed forward it wouldn't have caught the shooting if she was at the drivers side window.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    Id be skiddish if most people were packing as well. Even cops get scared. Shoot first ask later is better then being shot i guess, who needs gun control meh ! ��
    If they are scared enough to fire at an unarmed person, maybe it isn't the job for them.

A vigil was held for her in Sydney. Posting from phone but here is the link.

http://www.news.com.au/national/fami...d9fb3c832d8553

Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    A vigil was held for her in Sydney. Posting from phone but here is the link.

http://www.news.com.au/national/fami...d9fb3c832d8553
    Another unarmed, innocent, white, Australian woman gunned down by police. Our country is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post

This one might push something, she's a foreigner aka everyone here is aghast because PEOPLE DO NOT GET SHOT BY POLICE OFTEN, unlike over there.

I'm so mad. Fucking PROTECT and SERVE you CUNTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

His name is Mohamed Noor.

I bet they go hard on him.

The Somali-born Minnesota police officer alleged to have shot and killed an unarmed Australian woman on Saturday had been lauded by Minneapolis? mayor and feted by the local community when he joined the force in 2015.

?I want to take a moment to recognize Officer Mohamed Noor, the newest Somali officer in the Minneapolis Police Department,? Mayor Betsy Hodges wrote in a Facebook post when Noor began serving the city. ?Officer Noor has been assigned to the 5th Precinct, where his arrival has been highly celebrated, particularly by the Somali community in and around Karmel Mall.?

In fact, The Washington Post reported that community threw a party for Noor ? the first Somali-American officer to serve in the precinct. Minneapolis is home to one of the nation's largest Somali communities.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/18...community.html

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    I'm reading it as the body cameras were turned off.

Are they supposed to be on at all times or do they turn them on when they get out of the car? Since they were still in the car I guess it could be a reason why they weren't on.

As for the dashcam, it didn't say if it was off or on - just that it didn't capture the event. Since they are typically pointed forward it wouldn't have caught the shooting if she was at the drivers side window.
    I thought they supposed to be turned on all the time. I could be wrong but thought that was the whole purpose was too capture everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    I thought they supposed to be turned on all the time. I could be wrong but thought that was the whole purpose was too capture everything.
    I am not sure about when they are suppose to turn them on or off. But I know some police officers got in trouble by looking at a females body came when she would use the rest room...
    <br />[quote author=skindeep_curiosity]<br />I&#39;m so glad I love the meat. <br />[/quote]

His name is Mohamed Noor.

I bet they go hard on him.
    I doubt it. With the population having so many somali's, and him having the "blue wall" as protection, he will probably be just fine. Maybe fired.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I doubt it. With the population having so many somali's, and him having the "blue wall" as protection, he will probably be just fine. Maybe fired.
    All he has to prove was that he was afraid for his life. Or at least that's what it appears from other police shooting cases.

Shortly before she was shot and killed by a Minneapolis police officer, Justine Damond called 911 to report that she thought she heard “sex noises” and a woman calling out “help,” according to transcripts of the calls made public by Minneapolis police Wednesday.

“I’m not sure if she’s having sex or being raped,” Damond said during the first call at 11:27 p.m. Saturday. “I think she just yelled out ‘help,’ but it’s difficult the sound has been going on for a while, but I think, I don’t think she’s enjoying it.”

Here are the transcripts:

911 Call Transcript
    Incident Number: 17-265936
    July 15, 2017; 23:27:02
    Time: 23:27:02
    Operator: 911, what’s the address of the emergency?
    Caller: Hi, I’m, I can hear someone out the back and I, I’m not sure if she’s having sex or being raped.
    Operator: Give me the address.
    Caller: 5024 Washburn Avenue South.
    Operator: Washburn Avenue South. You said it’s behind (inaudible)?
    Caller: And there’s a (inaudible) out the back, yup, yup. And I think she just yelled out “help,” but it’s difficult the sound has been going on for a while, but I think, I don’t think she’s enjoying it. I think it’s, I don’t know.
    Operator: Okay, well I already got a call started and help on the way. Uh, you can’t see anything, you’re just hearing a female screaming then, is that what you’re saying?
    Caller: Yeah. It sounds like sex noises, but it’s been going on for a while and I think she tried to say help and it sounds distressed.
    Operator: OK, I’ve already got an officer on the way. What is your name?
    Caller: JUSTINE.
    Operator: JUSTINE, what’s your last name?
    Caller: JUSTINE.
    Operator: JUSTINE.
    Caller: Yeah.
    Operator: And a phone number?
    Caller: <redacted>
    Operator: OK, we’ve already got help on the way. If anything changes before we get there just give us a call right back, but officers should be there soon.
    Caller: Thanks.
    Operator: OK, not a problem.

911 Call Transcript
    Incident Number: 17-265936
    July 15, 2017; 23:35:23
    Time: 23:35:23
    Operator: 911, what is the address of the emergency?
    Caller: Hi, I just reported one, but no one’s here and was wondering if they got the address wrong.
    Operator: What’s the address?
    Caller: 5024 Washburn Avenue South. It supposed to be Washburn Avenue South.
    Operator: Are you JUSTINE?
    Caller: Yeah, (inaudible).
    Operator: You’re hearing a female screaming?
    Caller: Yes, along behind the house.
    Operator: Yup, officers are on the way there.
    Caller: Thank you.
    Operator: You’re welcome, bye.
    http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/19...ime=1500489252

This makes me madder. And I'm mad if this does bring about any change, it shouldn't take a foreigner being shot, this is so normal for you guys, it should have changed so fucking long ago it hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Hell, I hear people banging in my apartment building all the time. Where were these people supposed to have been making all this noise?

I think it is awful she was Aussie, like she is used to our cops who don't go around shooting people as a first response to every single incident ever, and ours are also better trained that they probably could've gotten her to a hospital alive with a gut shot. Poor woman thought she was doing the right thing, and BAM, she is dead for no reason but the cop was a coward.

I keep reading that his friend/family keeps saying the truth will come out, but how? the cop isn't talking, there is no video, he should be charged automatically just because they were responding to a call and didn't have the cameras rolling. It should be automatic at least manslaughter charges when the cameras aren't rolling, upgraded as possible.

So it never crossed his mind that they might actually be approached by the victim at the scene?

"Whoa, hey, sorry you got raped but you can't just walk up to us like that."
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    So it never crossed his mind that they might actually be approached by the victim at the scene?

"Whoa, hey, sorry you got raped but you can't just walk up to us like that."
    THIS

Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information