Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Justine Ruszczyk (40) was shot dead by police after she called 911 to report a disturbance

Justine Ruszczyk (40) was shot dead by police after she called 911 to report a disturbance

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...in-minneapolis

US police officers have shot dead an Australian woman who reportedly called 911 after hearing a noise near her home in Minneapolis.

Minnesota?s public safety department said a woman was shot in Minneapolis after two officers responded to a callout about a possible assault on Saturday at 11.30pm local time. The police officers did not have their body cameras turned on.

The woman has been named as Justine Damond, who ran meditation workshops at the Lake Harriet Spiritual Community.

Her stepson, Zac Damond, said she had called police after hearing a noise near her house.

?Two Minneapolis police officers responded to a 911 call of a possible assault just north of the 5100 block of Washburn Avenue S just before 11.30pm Saturday,? the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said in a statement, according to the Star Tribune. ?At one point, an officer fired their weapon, fatally striking a woman.

?The BCA?s investigation is in its early stages. More information will be available once initial interviews with incident participants and any witnesses are complete ? The officers? body cameras were not turned on at the time and the squad camera did not capture the incident. Investigators are attempting to determine whether any video of the incident exists.?

The two officers involved are on paid administrative leave.

?I just know she heard a sound in the alley so then she called the police and the cops showed up and she was a very passionate woman, she probably thought something bad was happening and then next thing I know they take my best friend?s life.?

The mayor of Minneapolis, Betsy Hodges, said she intended to find out why the officers? body cameras were not turned on.

?As mayor of our city, a wife, and a grandmother, I am heartsick and deeply disturbed by what occurred last night,? she posted on Facebook.

Damond is believed to have been living in the US for at least the past three years. Her personal website says she trained as a veterinarian and practised yoga and meditation for 17 years.

I made an article for her. I used her maiden name as I read they weren't married yet and she just used her partner's name for professional purposes.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017..._a_disturbance

The stepson seems kind of weird.

Her stepson said Damond, 40-year-old Sydneysider, was ?passionate? and his ?best friend?.

?Basically my mum was shot for reasons I don?t know,? he said in a video posted on Facebook on Monday morning.

Stepson - https://www.facebook.com/zach.damondmidnight

Partner - https://www.facebook.com/zach.damond...Jkc191c2VycyJd
    Last edited by Olivia; 07-17-2017 at 02:28 AM.

An Australian woman was dressed in her pyjamas when American police gunned her down, harrowing new details surrounding her death have revealed.
    Justine Damond, who also uses the name Justine Ruszczyk, was at home on Saturday night when she called 911 to report a noise and a possible assault in an alley in South Minneapolis, Minnesota.
    While police did not have body cameras switched on during the shooting, sources with knowledge of the incident claim the officers arrived at the alley at 11.30pm on Saturday night.
    Ms Damond reportedly walked up to the car and began talking to the driver when an officer in the passenger seat pulled a gun and shot her through the drivers side door. No weapon was discovered at the scene, the Star Tribune reports.
    The 40-year-old was originally from Sydney but had been living in the US for three years and was due to marry American businessman Don Damond, 50, in August.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4n5F0OqlL
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    The stepson seems kind of weird.

Her stepson said Damond, 40-year-old Sydneysider, was ?passionate? and his ?best friend?.

?Basically my mum was shot for reasons I don?t know,? he said in a video posted on Facebook on Monday morning.

Yeah, the stepson's comments struck me as odd and out in far left field too.

This whole thing is bizarre.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 07-17-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    It is odd overall.

She's a white girl, brace for change.

Nah, I'm fucking with you. Even white girls cant break that wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I don't know why, but it looks like she was already officially going by Damond instead of Ruszczyk.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/min...AWC?li=BBnb7Kz

The woman was identified by family in local and Australian news reports as 40-year-old Justine Damond (nee Justine Ruszczyk), a native Australian who studied to be a veterinarian in Sydney before moving to Minneapolis to be with her fiance, Don Damond. The couple planned to marry next month, but Justine Damond had already taken her fiance’s last name.

http://www.startribune.com/minneapol...d/434975623/#1

Minneapolis police officer who shot, killed Justine Damond identified; authorities confirm no weapon at scene

The Minneapolis police officer who shot and killed Justine Damond in the alley behind her home Saturday night has been identified as officer Mohamed Noor. Meanwhile, state investigators have confirmed that they did not find any weapons at the scene.

Noor, 31, joined the department in March 2015 as the first Somali police officer to patrol the 5th Precinct in southwest Minneapolis, according to a city newsletter. He holds a degree in Economics and Business Administration from Augsburg College. Before joining the department, he worked in property management in commercial and residential properties in Minneapolis and St. Louis, Mo.

Chief Jane? Harteau issued a statement Monday afternoon saying she would request a speedy investigation into the shooting, which she called "tragic."

"I have many of the same questions and it is why we immediately asked for an external and independent investigation into the officer-involved shooting death," said Harteau, who is on out of state "on a personal commitment" but is receiving regular briefings and will return soon, according to a police spokesperson. "I also want to assure you that I understand why so many people have so many questions at this point. I've asked for the investigation to be expedited to provide transparency and to answer as many questions as quickly as we can."

Noor has been sued once in his short career with the police department, stemming from a May 25, 2017 incident, in which he and two other officers came to a woman's home and took her to the hospital, which the woman alleges constituted false imprisonment, assault and battery. According to the recently filed and ongoing lawsuit, the officers claimed they had reason to believe the woman was suffering a mental health crisis — which she denied — and Noor "grabbed her right wrist and upper arm," exacerbating a previous shoulder injury in the process.

Emergency dispatch audio posted on PoliceClips.com offers some insight into the response of police and other emergency personnel. The Twin Cities website monitors law enforcement scanner dispatches and shares them online. "Female screaming behind the building," says the dispatcher
    Zach Damond, 22, whose father was to be married to Justine in August, spoke with Women's March Minnesota about the shooting of Justine Damond. Video courtesy Women's March Minnesota.
    Video (01:29): Son of Justine Damond's fianc? reacts to her fatal shooting

Later, an officer declares "shots fired," and requests emergency medical personnel. "We've got one down." quickly follows.

A call was immediately made for emergency medical personnel to rush to the scene.

After the "shots fired" transmission, the initiation of CPR was reported from the scene, near the intersection of Washburn and 51st.

About a minute after the shooting, an officer says "no suspects at large."

On Monday, the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said officers were responding to a 911 call of a "possible assault." "At one point an officer fired their weapon, fatally striking a woman," the news release said. "BCA crime scene personnel located no weapons at the scene."

The BCA confirmed that an autopsy has been completed. After confirming yesterday that there was no body camera or dashcam footage of the incident, the agency said the investigation "does not determine whether a law enforcement agency policy was violated. That would be reviewed through the agency's internal affairs process."

The BCA has not officially named Noor, but a source confirmed that he was the shooter. Attorney Tom Plunkett is representing the officer, but declined to identify him.

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said that he would decide himself whether Noor is charged in the shooting rather than use a grand jury. He said he believes Noor's body camera should have been running at the time of the shooting.

"I do understand this, they were driving down an alley, the victim approached the car. That's not necessarily a time you must, but frankly I think it's a time you should."

It's convenient that both the body cam & dashboard cameras were turned off, isn't it. And why in the hell would be he shoot from the passenger side?! Makes me think he was skiddish or something. I'm hoping he gets charged w her death. Poor women calls for help and ends up getting shot dead. :(

Id be skiddish if most people were packing as well. Even cops get scared. Shoot first ask later is better then being shot i guess, who needs gun control meh ! 😐

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    Id be skiddish if most people were packing as well. Even cops get scared. Shoot first ask later is better then being shot i guess, who needs gun control meh ! 😐
    I get cops being scared but not skiddish. That's just scary to think about. Lol I hope they don't think like that, they're in my area a lot. Drugs are bad around here but thankfully crime (other than drugs) is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    It's convenient that both the body cam & dashboard cameras were turned off, isn't it. And why in the hell would be he shoot from the passenger side?! Makes me think he was skiddish or something. I'm hoping he gets charged w her death. Poor women calls for help and ends up getting shot dead. :(
    I'm reading it as the body cameras were turned off.

Are they supposed to be on at all times or do they turn them on when they get out of the car? Since they were still in the car I guess it could be a reason why they weren't on.

As for the dashcam, it didn't say if it was off or on - just that it didn't capture the event. Since they are typically pointed forward it wouldn't have caught the shooting if she was at the drivers side window.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    Id be skiddish if most people were packing as well. Even cops get scared. Shoot first ask later is better then being shot i guess, who needs gun control meh ! ��
    If they are scared enough to fire at an unarmed person, maybe it isn't the job for them.

A vigil was held for her in Sydney. Posting from phone but here is the link.

http://www.news.com.au/national/fami...d9fb3c832d8553

Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    A vigil was held for her in Sydney. Posting from phone but here is the link.

http://www.news.com.au/national/fami...d9fb3c832d8553
    Another unarmed, innocent, white, Australian woman gunned down by police. Our country is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post

This one might push something, she's a foreigner aka everyone here is aghast because PEOPLE DO NOT GET SHOT BY POLICE OFTEN, unlike over there.

I'm so mad. Fucking PROTECT and SERVE you CUNTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/us/min...ice/index.html

The mayor of Minneapolis said she wants to hear from the officer who fatally shot Justine Ruszczyk.

But so far, officer Mohamed Noor has exercised his constitutional right to not speak to state investigators, the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said Tuesday.
    And, it's not clear if or when he will.

"He has a story to tell that no one else can tell," Mayor Betsy Hodges said in a news conference Tuesday. "We can't compel him by law, but I wish that he would make that statement."
    BCA says Officer Matthew Harrity, who was in the car with Noor, gave a statement to investigators Tuesday

- So far, BCA says Noor has declined to speak to investigators, and his lawyer has not said if or when he will

- Preliminary investigation finds that Noor fired at Ruszczyk from the passenger seat of his police vehicle

- The officers turned on body cameras after the shooting; the squad car camera was never turned on

- The police department has opened an internal affairs use of force review, assistant chief says.

According to the BCA, Harrity was driving and Noor was in the passenger seat as they drove through the alley looking for a suspect. The squad lights on their vehicle were off.

Harrity told investigators that as they drove down the alley, he was startled by a loud sound near the squad car. Immediately afterward, Ruszczyk approached the driver's side window and Noor fired his weapon, striking Ruszczyk through the driver's side window, Harrity told the BCA.

The officers exited the vehicle and provided medical attention until medical staff arrived. Ruszczyk was pronounced dead at the scene.
    My local news had a clip about it earlier, and they were showing graphics about how the shooting happened. So basically the shooter shot across the vehicle (gun pointed toward his partner's side of the vehicle) and through the door into the victim. So basically it sounds like he had his gun drawn, finger on the trigger, ready to fire at the firs thing that moved.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 07-18-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post

His name is Mohamed Noor.

I bet they go hard on him.

The Somali-born Minnesota police officer alleged to have shot and killed an unarmed Australian woman on Saturday had been lauded by Minneapolis? mayor and feted by the local community when he joined the force in 2015.

?I want to take a moment to recognize Officer Mohamed Noor, the newest Somali officer in the Minneapolis Police Department,? Mayor Betsy Hodges wrote in a Facebook post when Noor began serving the city. ?Officer Noor has been assigned to the 5th Precinct, where his arrival has been highly celebrated, particularly by the Somali community in and around Karmel Mall.?

In fact, The Washington Post reported that community threw a party for Noor ? the first Somali-American officer to serve in the precinct. Minneapolis is home to one of the nation's largest Somali communities.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/18...community.html

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    I'm reading it as the body cameras were turned off.

Are they supposed to be on at all times or do they turn them on when they get out of the car? Since they were still in the car I guess it could be a reason why they weren't on.

As for the dashcam, it didn't say if it was off or on - just that it didn't capture the event. Since they are typically pointed forward it wouldn't have caught the shooting if she was at the drivers side window.
    I thought they supposed to be turned on all the time. I could be wrong but thought that was the whole purpose was too capture everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    I thought they supposed to be turned on all the time. I could be wrong but thought that was the whole purpose was too capture everything.
    I am not sure about when they are suppose to turn them on or off. But I know some police officers got in trouble by looking at a females body came when she would use the rest room...
    <br />[quote author=skindeep_curiosity]<br />I&#39;m so glad I love the meat. <br />[/quote]

His name is Mohamed Noor.

I bet they go hard on him.
    I doubt it. With the population having so many somali's, and him having the "blue wall" as protection, he will probably be just fine. Maybe fired.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I doubt it. With the population having so many somali's, and him having the "blue wall" as protection, he will probably be just fine. Maybe fired.
    All he has to prove was that he was afraid for his life. Or at least that's what it appears from other police shooting cases.

Shortly before she was shot and killed by a Minneapolis police officer, Justine Damond called 911 to report that she thought she heard “sex noises” and a woman calling out “help,” according to transcripts of the calls made public by Minneapolis police Wednesday.

“I’m not sure if she’s having sex or being raped,” Damond said during the first call at 11:27 p.m. Saturday. “I think she just yelled out ‘help,’ but it’s difficult the sound has been going on for a while, but I think, I don’t think she’s enjoying it.”

Here are the transcripts:

911 Call Transcript
    Incident Number: 17-265936
    July 15, 2017; 23:27:02
    Time: 23:27:02
    Operator: 911, what’s the address of the emergency?
    Caller: Hi, I’m, I can hear someone out the back and I, I’m not sure if she’s having sex or being raped.
    Operator: Give me the address.
    Caller: 5024 Washburn Avenue South.
    Operator: Washburn Avenue South. You said it’s behind (inaudible)?
    Caller: And there’s a (inaudible) out the back, yup, yup. And I think she just yelled out “help,” but it’s difficult the sound has been going on for a while, but I think, I don’t think she’s enjoying it. I think it’s, I don’t know.
    Operator: Okay, well I already got a call started and help on the way. Uh, you can’t see anything, you’re just hearing a female screaming then, is that what you’re saying?
    Caller: Yeah. It sounds like sex noises, but it’s been going on for a while and I think she tried to say help and it sounds distressed.
    Operator: OK, I’ve already got an officer on the way. What is your name?
    Caller: JUSTINE.
    Operator: JUSTINE, what’s your last name?
    Caller: JUSTINE.
    Operator: JUSTINE.
    Caller: Yeah.
    Operator: And a phone number?
    Caller: <redacted>
    Operator: OK, we’ve already got help on the way. If anything changes before we get there just give us a call right back, but officers should be there soon.
    Caller: Thanks.
    Operator: OK, not a problem.

911 Call Transcript
    Incident Number: 17-265936
    July 15, 2017; 23:35:23
    Time: 23:35:23
    Operator: 911, what is the address of the emergency?
    Caller: Hi, I just reported one, but no one’s here and was wondering if they got the address wrong.
    Operator: What’s the address?
    Caller: 5024 Washburn Avenue South. It supposed to be Washburn Avenue South.
    Operator: Are you JUSTINE?
    Caller: Yeah, (inaudible).
    Operator: You’re hearing a female screaming?
    Caller: Yes, along behind the house.
    Operator: Yup, officers are on the way there.
    Caller: Thank you.
    Operator: You’re welcome, bye.
    http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/19...ime=1500489252

This makes me madder. And I'm mad if this does bring about any change, it shouldn't take a foreigner being shot, this is so normal for you guys, it should have changed so fucking long ago it hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Hell, I hear people banging in my apartment building all the time. Where were these people supposed to have been making all this noise?

Thread Information