Thread: Two Dead, 17 Injured At Tupperware Party Balcony Collapse, Doncaster East, Victoria.

Two Dead, 17 Injured At Tupperware Party Balcony Collapse, Doncaster East, Victoria.

These kinds of accidents seem to be happening with increasing frequency in Australia. Is it dodgy builders, or do all balconies & verandahs need to have plaques explaining their max safe weight, with a strongly worded message pointing out that you need to include furniture etc in your calculations?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-1...-party/9266132

Two people have died and 17 others are in hospital after a balcony collapsed at a house party in Melbourne's east last night.

Key points:

Two women, aged 59 and 37, died after the balcony collapsed

Police believe more than 30 people were on the balcony at the time

The ABC understands a Tupperware Christmas party was being held at the house

The ABC understands more than 30 people were attending a Tupperware Christmas party in Doncaster East, and it is believed they were trying to take a photo when the balcony collapsed about 10:30pm.

A 59-year-old woman, from Croydon in Melbourne's east, died at the scene.

A 37-year-old woman, from Reservoir in the city's north, died in hospital this morning.

People including emergency service workers gather in a street.

PHOTO: Authorities described the scene as chaotic. (ABC News)
    Seventeen other people were also taken to hospital with various injuries, but police said they were non-life-threatening.

Neighbour Andrew Stone said he was watching television when he heard a loud crashing noise "like a tree being felled".

"I got up and came out to the street, because I knew it wasn't right, and that point a woman was sort of in hysteria ? she'd come out and she was yelling 'oh my god, oh my god'," Mr Stone said.

Several police officers stand by a tree near police tape.

PHOTO: Police are continuing to investigate the cause of the tragedy. (ABC News: Jonathan Hair)
    "People started coming out [of the house] with visible blood, injuries, clearly distressed, lying down on the grass and obviously receiving first aid.
    "It's one of those things that you don't think about, obviously, hosting a nice Christmas break-up.

"When I got home, the atmosphere from it was really good ? people were laughing and having a really good time so for that to happen is unbelievable."

Emergency services in the street outside the site of a balcony collapse.

PHOTO: It is believed the balcony collapsed as a group was taking a photo. (ABC News)
    Acting Superintendent Kerin Moloney said it appeared to be an accident.

"This is a tragic incident that has been magnified by the fact we are only one week away from Christmas," he said.
    Ambulance Victoria state health commander Paul Holman said it was a chaotic scene that required a major emergency response.

A home where a balcony collapsed.

PHOTO: One woman died at the scene and a second woman died in hospital. (ABC News)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Part of the problem is that 30 people were crammed on to it. Everything has its limits..
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Good pics of the balcony here. And, in truth, it looks like more of a porch than a balcony. I would have trusted it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-collapse.html

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Good pics of the balcony here. And, in truth, it looks like more of a porch than a balcony. I would have trusted it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-collapse.html
    That looks a heck of a lot stronger than many porches/balconies I've been on.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

How sad. That lady seems very likable. I was surprised when I saw the balcony, doesn't seem like the type to collapse. I guess it can happen any where.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Ehhhhh.... The false front makes it appear sturdy, but look at the supports. They're skinny and there doesn't seem to be that many. I personally wouldn't have trusted it with that many people. Really think about the average weight of that many people and look at the toothpicks the whole thing is being supported by. Add in the weight of the furniture and the deck itself. Sketchy at best.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information