Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nabra Hassanen (17) was assaulted and killed after leaving a mosque during Ramadam

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    I take this as a compliment.
    Well yeah, soulless people can't feel real, normal emotions

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Yeah, gingers.
    I resemble that remark.

How has road rage ever been shown as rape? Racist fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruujin View Post
    How has road rage ever been shown as rape? Racist fuck.
    Well, I mean, it is possible for there to be instances of road rage that could lead to a rape. But yeah, in this case, he is just a racist fuck.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Well, I mean, it is possible for there to be instances of road rage that could lead to a rape. But yeah, in this case, he is just a racist fuck.
    I could see a dude penetrating another dude with something.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I could see a dude penetrating another dude with something.
    Sure, that is one scenario lol

I mean, rape is a power play and a common tactic in war. Hitting here with a car and then raping her can be all three things at once - first road rage at a perceived slight then a beat down after noting that she is muslim and then raping her as a final humiliation.

Crazy racist fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/r...-case-50526385

Rape allegation makes Muslim teen's death a capital case

An already disturbing case about a 17-year-old Muslim girl killed as she walked to her mosque took another unsettling turn after an indictment alleged the victim was raped as well.

The indictment Monday includes capital murder and rape charges and will allow prosecutors to pursue a death-penalty case against Darwin Martinez-Torres, 22, of Sterling.

He is accused in the slaying of Nabra Hassanen of Reston, whose death back in June rattled northern Virginia's Muslim community.

Prior to Monday's indictment, much of the discussion surrounding the case revolved around whether prosecutors should bring hate-crime charges — as sought by some activists — or whether it was a case of road rage, as police have long maintained.

Monday's indictment, though, brought into focus another aspect of the case: While police had said previously they were investigating whether Hassanen had been sexually assaulted, the indictment is the first court document to spell out any kind of sex-crime charges against Martinez-Torres.

Virginia law allows prosecutors to pursue a death penalty case only under certain conditions. Those include murder in the commission of a rape and murder during an abduction with intent to defile.

The seven-count indictment handed up Monday actually includes four counts of capital murder, with occasionally graphic detail on the ways in which prosecutors believe the slaying qualifies for the death penalty.

The teenager's death continues to resonate. More than 200 supporters wearing "Justice for Nabra" T-shirts showed up at a preliminary hearing Friday for Martinez-Torres. The hearing was delayed when the girl's parents had to be restrained from charging at Martinez-Torres. Her mother threw a shoe at him.

I love the fact that her mother threw a shoe at him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    I love the fact that her mother threw a shoe at him.
    Yeah, for sure, he totally deserved it.

I didn't understand what the shoe throw meant until people explained the intent behind the George Bush/shoe incident. When it happned back then I thought it was intended as a humorous, attention-grabbing protest or something - until the media realised what it meant & started flipping out over a Muslim man giving that level of insult to the POTUS

I've always tried to work out the equivalent expression of contempt where I grew up - I guess it'd probably spitting on the ground near their feet.

Either way, this guy deserves it all & more. Nabra had her whole life ahead of her. In seconds she went from laughing with her friends to a living nightmare.

& she's proof that all the vicious blaming of victim's & their families is bullshit. She met every "rule" the victim blamers love to cite. This still happened to her

http://wjla.com/news/local/man-charg...-back-in-court

The man charged with the rape and murder of a Virginia girl was given a trial date on Monday.

A trial date of March 12 has been set for 22-year-old Darwin Martinez Torres but that date could likely be pushed back, according to the judge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.855be3c105c4

Judge appoints experts to evaluate mental capacity of man accused of killing Muslim teen
    A Fairfax County judge appointed experts Thursday to evaluate whether the man accused in the high-profile killing of Muslim teen Nabra Hassanen is intellectually disabled and therefore barred from facing the death penalty.

Defense attorneys sought the appointment of a neuropsychologist and neurotoxicologist in the capital murder case because they believe Darwin Martinez Torres, 23, of Sterling may have been exposed to neurotoxins while growing up near a major gold mine in El Salvador.

“We hope to present evidence as to why this defendant’s brain functions differently,” attorney Joseph T. Flood told the judge. “If someone has a tainted brain that has been exposed to neurotoxic chemicals, are they less culpable than someone else?”

Flood said the neuropsychologist appointed by the judge had examined Torres and found he suffered from impairments consistent with exposure to neurotoxins. The issues include cognitive limitations, poor memory and impaired judgment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.b666ec129153

Prosecutors plan to introduce evidence during a capital murder trial that the man accused of the high-profile killing of a Muslim teen in Virginia last year had been suspected of being a member of the violent MS-13 street gang, according to recent court filings.

Darwin Martinez Torres’s brother-in-law “believed” the 23-year-old was an MS-13 associate as a juvenile in the years before authorities said he abducted, sexually assaulted and brutally killed 17-year-old Nabra Hassanen, according to the filings.

Prosecutors are not alleging the slaying is related to Torres’s affiliation with the gang. But they hope to present the testimony as evidence of Torres’s potentially dangerous conduct if he is convicted at his January trial in Fairfax County and the jury weighs whether to sentence him to death.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...?noredirect=on

Nabra Hassanen’s family and friends spent two years trying to understand her killer: What would possess a man to randomly abduct a teen walking to her mosque, bludgeon her with a baseball bat, rape her and then dump her body in a pond?
    Darwin Martinez Torres, 25, had never provided a true answer since that horrific night in June 2017. He had never even spoken publicly before he rose at his sentencing for capital murder Thursday clutching a letter.
    The eyes of Nabra’s father, Mohmoud Hassanen, were wet with tears as he sat nearby in a Fairfax County courtroom, surrounded by dozens of his daughter’s supporters. Before being sentenced to eight life terms in prison, Martinez Torres agreed he would finally provide those answers.
    “I’m very sorry for what I did,” he said through a Spanish interpreter. “I took the life of a person who was very loved. I don’t make excuses for what I did. Nothing can justify my crime. I’m willing and just want to help Nabra Hassanen’s family. I will do everything or anything to help them.”

Martinez Torres has agreed to answer any and all questions posed by Hassanen’s family sometime during the next year, under an unusual provision of a deal reached with prosecutors in November that spared him the death penalty. The questioning may occur in writing.

Her family has long feared that Hassanen, 17, of Reston, Va., was targeted because of her Muslim faith. But police and prosecutors said they found no evidence of that, and Martinez Torres’s attorneys say it is not true.

The fear was, in part, the reason the slaying generated national headlines, sparked vigils from coast to coast and spurred thousands to turn out for a memorial service for the high school sophomore in the summer of 2017.

Gadeir Abbas, an attorney for the Council on American-Islamic Relations and Hassanen’s family, said his clients will make their own determination about whether a hate crime occurred after gathering evidence from Martinez Torres.

If the motive for the killing remains shrouded, all sides agreed Thursday on its brutality.
    “It is indeed a horrific, horrific case, just about as bad as you can get,” Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney Raymond F. Morrogh said during the hearing.
    Flood had previously said that Martinez Torres has an IQ of 68 or less and is probably intellectually disabled from exposure to neurotoxins from a mine near his childhood home in El Salvador. He also has a brain defect. Flood and Martinez Torres’s other attorneys said in a statement Thursday that their client, as a child, had “experienced and witnessed horrific abuse and degradation.”

“In our collective experience as attorneys — spanning over 60 years and over 150 capital cases — Darwin is the most impaired . . . defendant we have ever represented at trial,” the statement said.
    That provided little solace to Hassanen’s family, who Morrogh said were too devastated to testify during the sentencing hearing.

Thread Information