Thread: Kiaya Campbell (10) was found deceased after going missing for 2 days-death ruled non-accidental

Kiaya Campbell (10) was found deceased after going missing for 2 days-death ruled non-accidental

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-15-2022 at 06:29 PM.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Sounds like the expect the girlfriends son. I hope not. Poor Kaiya :(

Yeah im side eyeing the step brother here. She doesnt look 10 either.😨 it seems the found her rather quickly. Seems like she may have never even made it to the shopping center

I am an asshole who makes dumb & hurtful comments.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 06-10-2017 at 07:39 PM. Reason: See above.

Quote Originally Posted by EricVader View Post
    Quote deleted as above quote has changed. NQ
    She died because someone else found her to be an easy target too.

I know it makes you happy when someone reprimands you, but it should be mentioned she was 10 and probably going through a lot of things physically and emotionally. She probably already felt worthless because of people just like you.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 06-10-2017 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Edited Eric's quote - Sylviekitty: A+ for your response

Kitty... That random rep was from my fat fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Jacoby Campbell (her dad) sure has a weird profile... he posted a bunch of missing kid posts.
    1st in 6/2016, 2nd in 10/2016, lots each month starting 1/2017. Comes to a complete stop on 4/27/2017. 6 weeks later, Kiaya is gone.
    I find it odd.

Boy, 15, is charged with first-degree murder after 10-year-old Colorado girl was found dead one mile from her home
    The boy, who has not been identified because he is a minor, was arrested late on Saturday night by Thornton Police after 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell's body was found in a grassy park area the night she went missing.

'Last night at 11:38 pm, Thornton Police Detectives arrested a 15-year-old juvenile male who was booked and transported to the Adams County Juvenile Detention facility. The juvenile male was arrested for investigation of first degree murder,' a statement read, according to KDVR.
    Kiaya's father told police his daughter left home with his girlfriend?s 15-year-old son to walk to a nearby shopping center.
    The 15-year-old told police he lost Kiaya after they got separated when a rainstorm swept through the town, which is about 10 miles north of Denver.
    The 10-year-old's body was later found about a mile from her home. Neighbors told 9News they do not remember it raining on Wednesday night.
    A cause of death has not been determined, however the coroner stated it was: 'other than accidental'.
    Kiaya was an avid YouTuber, frequently posting videos to her account that racked up thousands of views.

More at link :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...girl-dead.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    Boy, 15, is charged with first-degree murder after 10-year-old Colorado girl was found dead one mile from her home
    The boy, who has not been identified because he is a minor, was arrested late on Saturday night by Thornton Police after 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell's body was found in a grassy park area the night she went missing.

'Last night at 11:38 pm, Thornton Police Detectives arrested a 15-year-old juvenile male who was booked and transported to the Adams County Juvenile Detention facility. The juvenile male was arrested for investigation of first degree murder,' a statement read, according to KDVR.
    Kiaya's father told police his daughter left home with his girlfriend?s 15-year-old son to walk to a nearby shopping center.
    The 15-year-old told police he lost Kiaya after they got separated when a rainstorm swept through the town, which is about 10 miles north of Denver.
    The 10-year-old's body was later found about a mile from her home. Neighbors told 9News they do not remember it raining on Wednesday night.
    A cause of death has not been determined, however the coroner stated it was: 'other than accidental'.
    Kiaya was an avid YouTuber, frequently posting videos to her account that racked up thousands of views.

More at link :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...girl-dead.html
    Im confused was it A 15yo or THE 15yo boy she left with?

From RBW's link above:

Authorities said the girl?s body had signs of severe trauma, and they were investigating whether she was sexually assaulted before she was killed.

Police released the following statement about the case:

?We would also like to thank the community for their willingness to assist in the search for Kiaya and for all the calls received on the tip line providing information on this case.?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    They aren't identifying him because he is a juvenile.
    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/06/1...n-girl-murder/

If it WASN'T him I don't think they would have a problem saying it was someone else that they couldn't identify.

Yeah I think there's a high probability it's the father's girlfriend's son.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

She was an adorable little girl!
    Kind of age difference between the two.
    Since she wasn't familiar with the area around her dad's home, I wonder if this was something new going over there.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

GFM for Kiaya's memorial: https://www.gofundme.com/lfucd4
    Heather Lappen
    10 hours ago
    "I have recently learned that Colorado covers the funeral/burial expenses of victims of a crime. As a donor, I would love to see this money used towards a good cause."

Oh shut the fuck up Heather.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

I've been following this one locally. It's truly fucked up. And from all accounts that family is truly fucked up, as well. What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

When kids kill other kids it's awful. I feel for her Kiaya's dad in this situation. Poor Girl.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Why is the dad of the murdered child preaching about Jesus? Is he saying they should forgive the boy because that's what Jesus would do? Too bad that's not how the justice system works.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I find myself amazed that such things can still happen, and do happen- even though I know murders like this have occurred throughout the ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Why is the dad of the murdered child preaching about Jesus? Is he saying they should forgive the boy because that's what Jesus would do? Too bad that's not how the justice system works.
    It's the dad of the suspect who was preaching about jesus, not the father of the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by strozzapreti View Post
    It's the dad of the suspect who was preaching about jesus, not the father of the victim.
    I'm a dummy that makes a lot more sense! If that was my son, I probably wouldn't even go to court. I know that sounds terrible, but I couldn't face the victims family.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I'm a dummy that makes a lot more sense! If that was my son, I probably wouldn't even go to court. I know that sounds terrible, but I couldn't face the victims family.
    I don't think that sounds terrible, considering the crime in this instance. I can't imagine being the parent of a kid who commits any type of sex crime, and having to face the victims and/or their family, nevermind something as horrific as what happened in this case. It would be hard to be supportive of your kid, but it would also be hard not to, I imagine. So, I understand the parents wanting to support their kid, but I think running in bibles blazing is not helping anyone. Or maybe it is, because it's evidence the kid has probably grown up in a pretty fucked up household. Not saying that as an excuse for him, but it might help to explain how the fuck this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by strozzapreti View Post
    I don't think that sounds terrible, considering the crime in this instance. I can't imagine being the parent of a kid who commits any type of sex crime, and having to face the victims and/or their family, nevermind something as horrific as what happened in this case. It would be hard to be supportive of your kid, but it would also be hard not to, I imagine. So, I understand the parents wanting to support their kid, but I think running in bibles blazing is not helping anyone. Or maybe it is, because it's evidence the kid has probably grown up in a pretty fucked up household. Not saying that as an excuse for him, but it might help to explain how the fuck this happened.
    I was going to say something about crazy running in this kids family earlier but my family is religious and I should be crazy too but I'm not. Well not much anyways...

Just a question, but why 2 murder charges?

Zellmer is so young that prosecutors need a judge?s permission to charge him as an adult. He currently faces two first degree murder charges.
    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/06/1...iaya-campbell/

ETA:Okay, I found out why
    We formally filed two counts of first-degree murder. The first count is intent and after deliberation murder. The second count is what?s called murder of a child under the age of 12 by a person in a position of trust; both of those are class one felonies,? said Adams County District Attorney Dave Young.
    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/06/1...ornton-murder/

I wonder if mom and the boy's dad are still dating?

Just adding updates from Jan & March

https://www.9news.com/article/news/t...t/73-511222974

Teen accused of killing Kiaya Campbell refuses to show up to court
    The 15-year-old will be charged as an adult.

Updated: 5:34 PM MST January 24, 2018

The 15-year-old boy accused of killing and sexually assaulting 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell refused to attend a court hearing Wednesday after he?d been charged as an adult in the killing.

Aidan Zellmer faces a total of seven counts for the June 7 murder of Campbell. Her body was found in a Thornton greenbelt. According to her autopsy report, which was obtained by 9Wants to Know, Campbell was beaten to death.

Zellmer was supposed to be advised of the adult charges Wednesday, but refused to show up for court, according to testimony at the hearing.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/03/1...er-trial-plea/

Not-guilty plea entered on behalf of teen accused of killing 10-year-old Thornton girl
    Aidan Zellmer will be tried as an adult in the death of Kiaya Campbell

By KIRK MITCHELL | kmitchell@denverpost.com | The Denver Post
    PUBLISHED: March 13, 2018 at 12:42 pm | UPDATED: March 13, 2018 at 12:44 pm

An Adams County judge on Tuesday entered a not-guilty plea on behalf of a teenager charged with first-degree murder in the death of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell.

Aidan Zellmer?s attorney had requested a continence of his arraignment but the judge entered a plea on his behalf, according to Sue Lindsay, spokeswoman for Adams County District Attorney Dave Young.

Zellmer?s trial on a charge of first-degree murder of a child under age 12 has been set for Aug. 20. In January, Adams County Juvenile Court Judge Priscilla Loew transferred Zellmer?s case to adult court, where he will be tried for Campbell?s death.

Kiaya disappeared the night of June 7 while walking with the boy on a shopping trip from home in the 12400 block of Forest Drive in Thornton where her father lived with his girlfriend and her two sons.

Following an Amber Alert and an intense search involving 23 rescue and law enforcement agencies, her body was discovered the afternoon of the following day in a greenbelt area about 1? miles from where her family reported she had disappeared.

Zellmer, who was 15 when Kiaya disappeared, told investigators that he and the girl were separated when it began raining hard and he ran away. Some neighbors have disputed that there was a rainstorm in the area that night

Also, I'm wondering if that bullshit story he told about them getting "separated during a rainstorm" was really all about him needing an excuse to explain away soaking wet clothes & hair - because maybe he had to rinse a lot of blood off himself & didn't have time to get dry before he was expected home.

Thread Information