Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: John Hernandez (24) was choked to death outside a Denny's by Terry Thompson (41) whose wife Chauna is a Sherrif's Deputy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

John Hernandez (24) was choked to death outside a Denny's by Terry Thompson (41) whose wife Chauna is a Sherrif's Deputy

Texas Denny's chokehold death ruled homicide

A married Texas couple, Terry and Chauna Thompson, were indicted Thursday on murder charges in connection with the chokehold death last month of a man outside a Denny's restaurant in the Houston area.

A night out for two Texas families turned into a deadly fight and now one man's family argues that justice isn't being done.
    John Hernandez kicked and gasped for air when a deputy's husband allegedly had him in a chokehold outside a Houston-area Denny's restaurant, a video shows.
    Minutes later, the 24-year-old father was rushed to the hospital and three days later, he was taken off life support.
    How the attack unfolded is at the center of what could turn into a criminal case against Terry Thompson, who is the husband of a Harris County Sheriff's deputy.
    Thompson's attorney said he was acting in self-defense and that a video that was released does not tell the full story of how the altercation unfolded.
    Hernandez's death sparked protests and criticism around this Texas community. Some claim the man who restrained Hernandez could be receiving preferential treatment because his wife is a law enforcement officer.
    On Wednesday, Hernandez's death was ruled a homicide by the Harris County medical examiner's office, reported CNN affiliate KTRK.
    No charges have been filed against Thompson. A grand jury still needs to review all the evidence before anyone might be indicted.
    What happened?
    It was just after 11 p.m. on May 28 when Terry Thompson verbally confronted Hernandez for urinating outside a Denny's restaurant in Northeast Harris County, the sheriff's office said.
    "A physical altercation ensued," the sheriff's office said.
    "After being confronted with urinating in public, he rushed to my client and struck him in the face. Now, I would consider that an attack," said Thompson's attorney, Scot Courtney.
    As Thompson, 41, brought Hernandez to the ground, a man walked outside the restaurant and started recording the incident.
    A 52-second video shows Thompson on top of Hernandez locking him in a chokehold while his wife, off-duty Harris County Sheriff's Deputy Chauna Thompson, pins Hernandez's left arm to the ground.
    As Hernandez kicks and gasps for air, Thompson tells Hernandez, "Do you want me to hit you again? Do you want me to hit you again?"
    Then two unknown people try to block the bystander from recording more of the scene. At one point a woman screams, "It's illegal to record." Several seconds later the recording stops.
    Hernandez's wife, Maria Toral, and her daughter were inside the restaurant when the incident began and rushed outside, yelling at the Thompsons to release Hernandez.
    "The little daughter was screaming, 'Quit hitting my daddy'," their attorney, Randall Kallinen, said.
    Courtney claims Thompson was acting in self-defense and that the video does not tell the full story of how the altercation unfolded.
    "My client was trying to subdue him," Courtney said. "That's all he was doing."
    When Hernandez stopped resisting, the Thompsons "noticed that he was not breathing," a statement from the Harris County Sheriff's Office said.
    Before he was taken to the hospital, the statement says, Chauna Thompson performed CPR on Hernandez.
    He was taken off life support days later. The autopsy report said Hernandez's death was a homicide and that he died from anoxic encephalopathy caused by strangulation by chest compression, reported CNN affiliate KPRC.
    'It does raise questions for us'
    The case has sparked outrage and allegations that Thompson received preferential treatment from his wife's law enforcement colleagues.
    Kallinen said Hernandez's wife was put in a police squad car for nearly four hours and had her cell phone taken away by deputies at the scene.
    The night of the altercation, deputies considered filing assault charges against Hernandez because the case had been reported as an assault, not a homicide, said Tom Berg, first assistant district attorney for Harris County.
    Officers at the scene did not tell prosecutors Hernandez was unconscious and being rushed to a hospital for treatment, according to the district attorney's office.
    Prosecutors say homicide investigators were not called to the scene because Hernandez didn't die of his injuries until several days later. The prosecutor said homicide investigators are better trained to question witnesses and collect evidence from crime scenes.
    "It does raise questions for us," Berg said. "We are concerned that things happened later than they should have, but we have a complete picture now."
    "We will show no favoritism. We will let the chips fall as the may with the grand jury," Berg added.
    On Wednesday, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said the agency has asked the Department of Justice and Texas Rangers to review the investigation.
    "From the beginning we have promised a fair, thorough and transparent investigation," Gonzalez told reporters.
    He said Thompson's wife has been removed from her patrol duties and moved to an administrative job within the department until the investigation concludes.
    Hernandez's family and friends gathered Wednesday in a march and rally to demand justice and urge the arrests of the Thompsons.
    "This should not have happened, and the fact that it did happen shows that there are things that need to be fixed within the sheriff's department," protester Oscar Hernandez told CNN affiliate KTRK.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/08/us/hou...old/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I'm so surprised no one has made a thread on this. This one is blowing up in my neck of the woods.

Here is a gofundme for the Hernandez's family

https://www.gofundme.com/john-hernan...dical-expenses
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

John -

some pictures of the husband are surfacing -

This is the only picture I could find, but it has the words on it.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    some pictures of the husband are surfacing -

This is the only picture I could find, but it has the words on it.

He might have been an alpha male to show his dominance on the weaker beta male. He might have also been a racist and just hated the non-white male. I wish the video would start from the beginning to see all that happen to lead to the man's death.

I personally think Terry Thompson will have a short prison sentence, since his wife his Law Enforcement.
    Painting a Rainbow on your Heart with Sunshine Love

It's all over my news feed on twitter but haven't read of it anywhere else

nothing worse then getting into a street fight and dying

Their mug shot

Terry, Chauna Thompson out on bond

HOUSTON -- Terry and Chauna Thompson, accused in the murder of a man outside a Houston-area Denny's restaurant, were out of jail on bond early Friday morning.

The Thompsons surrendered just before 10 p.m. to the Harris County Jail. They were quickly processed and released overnight, and authorities later released their mugshots.

Terry Thompson is the man seen on video holding Hernandez in a choke hold outside a Sheldon restaurant. Chauna Thompson, a Harris County Sheriff's deputy, helped restrain the victim.

The medical examiner ruled Hernandez, 24, died from strangulation and chest compression.

Thompson confronted Hernandez after seeing him urinating outside the restaurant. Witnesses said he beat and restrained Hernandez even after he was clearly unconscious. They said Hernandez was too drunk to defend himself against the much larger Thompson.

A waitress was one of those witnesses.

“It's wrong, you know they shouldn't have killed the man. Nobody's life is worth taking for a mistake. We all make mistakes,” Melissa Trammel told KHOU 11 News. “Me and my manager we begged this man. He was turning purple we told him to stop but he did not stop."

Hernandez's wife and 3-year-old daughter also begged Thompson to stop but he and his wife ignored their pleas.

“She was crying and telling (the man beating Hernandez) stop and he didn’t even stop,” Hernandez’s wife said last week. “I told him, 'Please stop. Don’t do that to him. He’s drunk.' He wasn’t in any position to fight. But, he didn’t have any compassion. He was really angry.”

A grand indicted the couple on Thursday, and a judge set their bond at $100,000.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/terry...bond/447328403

Anyone who's been put into Harris County know it's not a fast process. Them being bonded out overnight should tell you something right there.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    He fucking murdered him, plain and simple. They both deserve to be locked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    He fucking murdered him, plain and simple. They both deserve to be locked up.
    Yep. You know there will be a different spin on it. These kinds of deaths piss me off it would be simple to check the guy to see how he is doing. He obviously wasn't resisting, he was fighting to breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    Yep. You know there will be a different spin on it. These kinds of deaths piss me off it would be simple to check the guy to see how he is doing. He obviously wasn't resisting, he was fighting to breathe.
    When someone is turning purple and his family and regular bystanders are screaming to let him go, that's pretty much your cue. Self defense? When he was yelling about how he's going to hit him again and again? Bullshit.

Plenty of witnesses. I'm confident that they'll be held responsible. Besides, his wife is a female officer. They don't protect them as feverishly as White Male Officers.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Doesn't she have a duty to protect and serve even if she wasn't working when this happened? Wtf, this is so screwed up. I feel so bad for the guys wife and daughter.

The wife and daughter will always know deep down their dad picked a fight and got beat down into death by a alpha male.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EricVader View Post
    The wife and daughter will always know deep down their dad picked a fight and got beat down into death by a alpha male.
    Yeah it takes a real alpha male to pick a fight with a drunk guy who can't fight back. So tough of him. I think it's more likely a case of a guy with a tiny penis trying to make himself look like a man.

Quote Originally Posted by EricVader View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    Yeah it takes a real alpha male to pick a fight with a drunk guy who can't fight back. So tough of him. I think it's more likely a case of a guy with a tiny penis trying to make himself look like a man.
    Yeah, anytime I see a guy use the term "alpha male", I know he has a small penis and the closest he comes to a woman is when him Mom tells him to go clean the bathroom. It cracks me up how they try to go troll, but everyone knows what kind of loser they are.

Obvious troll is obvious.

I am curious what Terry does for a living. I have looked around and can not find any info. I also read on a post on FB (I don't know how reliable it is) the lady who blocks the cell phone video is the Thompson's daughter. They also claim she was the one that said it was illegal to record.

Oh, fuck this lady. "He had a temper, but was so sweet".

So dude was wasted and decided to pee outside the Denny's. The other dude AKA asshole decided it was his job to tackle the dude on the ground and hold him in a chokehold for 10 minutes? For peeing???? And the asshole's wife, who's a cop, decided to help him?
    I'm glad the grand jury decided on murder charges for these two.

Hundreds showed up for John's funeral
    http://www.khou.com/news/hundreds-at...ndez/447715314

Texas law only allows citizens to use deadly force when facing an imminent threat to their lives, Treece said. In the Hernandez case, that threat is hard to see.

“If so, when did that imminent fear occur?" Treece asked. "Did it ever stop?”
    http://www.wcnc.com/news/autopsy-den...ygen/447929131

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...l-11219232.php

Deputy's husband accused of murder has criminal history, anger problems, court records show
    But he's SO SWEET!!!

They had a custody battle before they got married?? That doesn't even make sense.

I sincerely hope that this couple dies in a fire

OOPS-
    I started to post about the tv clip in my previous post. Sorry I screwed it up.

What I wanted to ask is-
    I don't recall seeing this in the tv clip, but did any of the bystanders PHYSICALLY try to STOP him? Wouldn't SOMEONE do SOMETHING besides watch, yell/cry, and video record it? (I'm not talking about the little girl, of course).
    I'd like to think that I'd start pulling that fucker by the hair, or scratch his face, or SOMETHING. Anyway, I hope that's what I'd do if I'm ever a bystander to something like that. WHAT A SENSELESS MURDER.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    OOPS-
    I started to post about the tv clip in my previous post. Sorry I screwed it up.

What I wanted to ask is-
    I don't recall seeing this in the tv clip, but did any of the bystanders PHYSICALLY try to STOP him? Wouldn't SOMEONE do SOMETHING besides watch, yell/cry, and video record it? (I'm not talking about the little girl, of course).
    I'd like to think that I'd start pulling that fucker by the hair, or scratch his face, or SOMETHING. Anyway, I hope that's what I'd do if I'm ever a bystander to something like that. WHAT A SENSELESS MURDER.
    In situations like this, it seems everyone are just bystanders and never do anything because it may inconvenience them. People are awful. That is why I like animals way more than fellow human beings.

Thread Information