Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dennis Reeves (45) allegedly committed suicide after resigning as principal from Kirbyville High School

Dennis Reeves (45) allegedly committed suicide after resigning as principal from Kirbyville High School

I wanted to make a thread on this because this story has been the talk of the town. The superintendent for Kirbyville ISD is the former Superintendent for Bryan ISD Tommy Willis. Willis was forced to resign from his position with our ISD. The former reason was because he was looking for other jobs after getting a pay raise, but the real reason was because he was having an affair with a married teacher. A lot of people seem to think Willis has a lot of other shady things going on and do not buy that this was a suicide.

Kirbyville, TX (KTRE) -
    Following his resignation Tuesday afternoon, the principal of Kirbyville High School walked out to his truck, where he apparently shot and killed himself, according to police.

Kirbyville Police Chief Paul Brister said the suicide occurred after Dennis Reeves, the high school principal, met with the Kirbyville Consolidated ISD superintendent and assistant superintendent at the high school campus at about 4 p.m. Tuesday.

In the meeting, Reeves resigned from his position as the high school principal. He then walked outside to his pickup in the school?s parking lot.

Brister said Kirbyville ISD officials called the police department about an hour later because Reeves was still sitting in his truck, and people were starting to get worried about him.

When Kirbyville PD officers got to the scene, they found Reeves, an Evadale resident, sitting in his truck, and it looked like he had shot himself in the head, Brister said. A small .380-caliber semiautomatic pistol was found in Reeves? hand, which was in his lap, Brister said. He also said police didn?t find a note or anything that indicated that Reeves was going to take his own life.

Brister said Reeves? pickup was still running. It was in reverse gear, and Reeves? foot was on the brake.

Although Mike Smith, Jasper County?s Precinct 3 justice of the peace, ordered an autopsy be performed on Reeves, Brister said there is no indication of any foul play.

Brister said that Reeves was married and had two sons. He added that one of Reeves? sons just graduated from high school.

?Due to today's tragic events, summer classes will be canceled for the rest of the week and staff and students do not need to report to school until Tuesday, after the Memorial Day holiday,? a post on the Kirbyville High School Facebook page stated. ?Crisis Response Counselors will be at Kirbyville Elementary tomorrow from 10-2 offering assistance for those that are grieving this unthinkable loss. Crisis Counselors will remain available to offer their support to students and staff members as long as they are needed.?

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3...in-parking-lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Last edited by Olivia; 06-03-2017 at 02:03 AM.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

How strange how he put the car in reverse with his foot on the brake before he shot himself...and even though he was dead, his foot was still pushing the brake enough to keep the car in place?

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yeah that's very questionable.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah, this doesn't seem right. His FB definitely doesn't reflect someone who's depressed or negative in any way, why would he bother quitting if he was only going to kill himself anyway and his foot on the brake with the truck in reverse? It sounds more like someone walked up to his truck and shot him while he was getting ready to pull out.

Who is the registered owner of the gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yeah, this doesn't seem right. His FB definitely doesn't reflect someone who's depressed or negative in any way, why would he bother quitting if he was only going to kill himself anyway and his foot on the brake with the truck in reverse? It sounds more like someone walked up to his truck and shot him while he was getting ready to pull out.

Who is the registered owner of the gun?
    I agree. Also He worked with kids for a long time, he doesn't seem like the kind of person who would want a child to find him like that. The school is one of the least likely places for him to do this in my opinion.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

I wonder why Reeves resigned? And was Willis having an affair with a female?

How strange how he put the car in reverse with his foot on the brake before he shot himself...and even though he was dead, his foot was still pushing the brake enough to keep the car in place?

Weird.
    Super weird indeed. I wonder if anyone saw him go to car? I'm sure the parking lot was busy, I wonder if his car was blocked from view from other cars that eventually left.

If the car was still there an hour later, why wouldn't someone check on the poor guy? What if he had some type of medical event?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by PugLove65 View Post
    I wonder why Reeves resigned? And was Willis having an affair with a female?
    I'm not sure why Reeves resigned.

Remember that Willis was forced to resigned from Bryan ISD. Two separate IDSs. Yes, it was with a female teacher.

I was looking at his FB this morning and he really looks like he was a happy guy. If it was a spur-of-the-moment decision, seems like he would have but his automobile in park. It takes at least two hours for rigor mortis to begin and it starts is the head, upper region of the body.

Sounds like school official wouldn't even tell the cops why he quit. The wife didn't even know he was going to quit

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/05/2...ide-exclusive/

We are def. not the only ones questioning this whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Sounds like school official wouldn't even tell the cops why he quit. The wife didn't even know he was going to quit

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/05/2...ide-exclusive/

We are def. not the only ones questioning this whole story.
    This is ,semi-close to me here in Dallas. Something is very off with this all. Will definitely be following this one. I just can't imagine him doing this on school property, when he was a highly regarded principal who cared about his students. With suicide being such an epidemic I just don't understand why he would have done this, if he indeed did it.

This whole this is really weird. Something is def off about him leaving. That video though in the above link made me tear up a bit, all those kids out their mourning for him break my heart.

Blackmail of some sort? Maybe the blackmailers weren't satisfied? The foot on the brake/reverse thing is def weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Wow, this whole situation is tragic. I feel aweful for the kids and his family 😢

The brake on the foot and truck in reverse thing makes no sense to me. I immediately thought of security cameras. I haven't found anything saying they have them but I work at a school and we have them. Even if they don't have them the businesses around the area do.
    I'm posting on my phone so I can't include images but I googled the high school and looked at the satellite image. It's definitely not secluded, in fact there is a bank right on the corner. I'm not sure which lot he was parked in but I feel like any CCTV footage that exists may help determine if he acted alone or not.

I do have a thought on why he may have been in reverse...maybe his intention was to shoot him self and then have his truck roll backwards into something?? Idk- seems like if he truly did shoot himself then the reverse thing had to have been done intentionally. Just my thoughts on it.

I can go with suicide, because he seemed to love his job - so something was obviously up for him to resign. My issue is the reversing/brake. Also keen to know about the Gun Boston Babe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Former Bryan superintendent Tommy Wallis gave a principal in his new school district an ultimatum about an hour before the man was found dead in the school parking lot, according to a report

KFDM-TV has reported that sources in the East Texas school district said Wallis and the assistant superintendent told Kirbyville High School principal Dennis Reeves he would be fired if he didn?t resign last week.

Shortly after, Reeves was found dead of a gunshot wound in his pickup in the high school parking lot. When police arrived, they found a .380-caliber semi-automatic pistol in Reeves? hand. Police believe the death to be a suicide, though gunpowder tests are still being performed.

Wallis told the Beaumont television station that Reeves had resigned during their earlier meeting, though he declined to say why.

Wallis previously told the station that several items were discussed during the meeting. "We called the meeting to visit with him about a couple of things -- summer school, staffing patterns, several things to discuss," he reportedly said.

He also told KFDM that he and the assistant superintendent were the ones to notify police that Reeves truck was still parked and running in the parking lot about an hour later.

Wallis began work as superintendent of the Kirbyville school district in April after being forced to resign from the same role in the Bryan school district in 2016.

Few documents requested under the Texas Open Records Act related Wallis? departure have been made public.

The Texas Attorney General?s office said much of what the media is asking for is open record, but Wallis is fighting the disclosure of the records. In January, a judge granted a temporary injunction to halt the release of those documents until a hearing, set for October, is conducted on the matter.

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/r...8b88dd8f8.html

I was thinking about why he had a gun with him to begin with, but Texas. Then I was thinking that he got in the car, turned it on and put it in reverse and then had a thought about the situation so he just pulled out the gun and shot himself. The only thing that makes sense is that he automatically got prepared to leave and then just had a frantic thought that he acted on.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    It is a puzzling story.
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 05-30-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is a FB page with information on a fundraiser they are holding for his family.

https://www.facebook.com/reevesfundr...SEARCH&fref=nf

Now the assistant vice principal has resigned. http://kfdm.com/news/local/kirbyvill...incipals-death

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristmas View Post
    Now the assistant vice principal has resigned. http://kfdm.com/news/local/kirbyvill...incipals-death
    There's shady shit going on here.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

KIRBYVILLE, Tex. (KBTX)- Kirbyville is a small east Texas town that sits north of Beaumont close to the Lousiana border. The population is roughly 2,000, and its motto is "Where There's Hometown Friendly Folks!"

Last week the school district, led by former Bryan ISD Superintendent Tommy Wallis, was put into the national spotlight after a principal shot himself in the high school's parking lot.

Dennis Reeves, 45, reportedly used a gun to take his own life following a meeting with Wallis and the district's assistant superintendent.

There's been a cycle of rumors, speculation and finger-pointing in the community following last week's shooting, but new reporting by CBS affiliate KFDM-TV in Beaumont is painting a more clear picture of what happened before and after Reeves died.

Newly obtained documents by the TV station reveal Reeves was having an affair with a school district employee, and Wallis gave the popular principal an ultimatum: either resign or be fired.

KFDM-TV says that contradicts what Wallis said one day after the shooting, during an on-camera interview with news reporter Angel San Juan.

Wallis told the reporter, he and assistant superintendent Georgia Sayers went to the high school last Tuesday for a meeting with Reeves on routine, standard school-related issues, and there was plan to terminate Reeves' employment with the district.

"We had several things to discuss," Wallis told KFDM-TV. "We called the meeting to visit with him about a couple of things - summer school, staffing patterns, several things to discuss."

However, in a written statement to police, and obtained by KFDM-TV, Wallis said they went to the school to confront Reeves about his extramarital affair. Reeves denied the allegations, but Wallis told Reeves he would be placed on administrative leave pending a district investigation.

After Reeves turned in his resignation, he left the high school building and went to his pickup truck in the parking lot. A short time later, Wallis and two other employees were alarmed after finding that Reeves' truck was still on school property. That's when Kirbyville police were notified and sent to the school.
    Reeves was found inside of his running truck, holding a .380-caliber semi automatic pistol believed to be the weapon used in the suicide, Kirbyville Police Chief Paul Brister said.

He said all signs point to this being a suicide, but the investigation is ongoing.

An autopsy has been ordered, and authorities have ordered tests on gun powder residue collected from the scene.

On Tuesday, the high school's assistant principal resigned suddenly, saying in an e-mail, "If I were to stay under the present circumstances it would compromise my integrity and it would not be loyal to Dennis. For me to keep silent would also be disloyal to our school and our entire district. It's not what I want to do ... it's right vs. wrong."

Whether a superintendent can fire employees without the school board's consent depends on local policy, Texas Education Agency spokeswoman DeEtta Culbertson said.

Kirbyville ISD school board members have declined to speak publicly about the case to area media.

KBTX spoke with Kirbyville ISD Board President Joe Brecht in March 2017, following the approval of Tommy Wallis' hire.

Brecht said the board was aware of controversial conditions under which Wallis departed from Bryan ISD, and Wallis' pending lawsuit with the Attorney General's Office over the release of public records related to his employment.

A hearing related to that case is set for this fall in a Travis County courtroom.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Rep...ook_KBTX_Media

Is the assistant principle female?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Is the assistant principle female?
    No.

Lt. Colonel Charles Simmons, who Dennis Reeves hired as assistant principal, announced his resignation Tuesday morning in an email to the Kirbyville HS staff.

Thread Information