Thread: Carfentanil Deaths

Carfentanil Deaths

I thought I would make a thread for these deaths - I see so many of these lately when adding.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...r,_Carfentanil

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...ethamphetamine

I know there are a few more in the Additional Info section which I will find and put in here.

I got this email from a Medical Examiner's office - they have had 11 fatalities from carfentanil already.

http://www.hennepin.us/-/media/henne...-may.pdf?la=en

https://content.govdelivery.com/atta...tanil%2529.pdf

I will post info on the people in the ME release in the next posts.

This shows how much carfentanil you need to take to overdose.

http://www.swnewsmedia.com/lakeshore...f3d41fcaf.html
    Last edited by Olivia; 05-22-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Mary, loving mother of Michael, left all of us way too soon on 2/8/17.

A recent graduate from Metro State University, Mary worked with the elderly for the last few years trying to improve their quality of life.

Mary is survived by her son Michael, Brother John, Parents Ann and Dave, and an amazingly large extended family of friends and relatives.

Please join family and friends at the Cremation Society of Minnesota in Brooklyn Park on Wednesday February 15, 2017. Visitation will be from 5-6 pm with a service to celebrate her life at 6. Supper will follow service in reception room

Family asks that you please bring a picture or a note that we can share later with Michael, so that he can know how much his mother was loved.

In lieu of flowers or other tributes, please consider a donation towards a trust fund being set up for Michael's future education needs.

http://www.tributes.com/obituary/sho...ell-104454445#

www.gofundme.com/xzsu8-michaels-college-fund

https://www.facebook.com/mary.mitchell.37051?ref=br_rs

Someone here put Carfentanil in weed and people died.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Dominic Cook

Dominic Anthony Cook, 43, Plymouth, MN (formerly Fargo, ND), M.Sgt. (ret), USAF, loving son, brother, uncle, cousin and friend left Earth to live with God so he could watch and protect over more people as he always did.

Dominic was born June 11, 1973 in Mayville, ND to Helen and Dino Cook. He graduated from West Fargo HS in 1991. After a year of study at NDSU, he opted to enlist in the US Air Force where he spent 19 years in security forces stationed at both Minot AFB and Fargo AFB. He had several tours of duty, including being part of a 13-member team who volunteered for a special mission in Iraq. His military record was outstanding, earning 55 military decorations, medals and commendations to include: Air Force Commendation Medal, Joint Service Achievement Medal and Air Force Combat Action Medal. Dominic was a life-member of the West Fargo VFW.

Due to multiple war-related injuries, he was honorably discharged in 2010. He worked a civilian job a short time and then opted to complete his college degree at Concordia University in St. Paul. His graduation was to be May 6th this year.

He had a zest for life, a unique gift of writing, a personality that reached out and stayed with people of all ages. When he smiled at you, he made the entire room light up, to say nothing of his wittiness and pure delight he found in living. When he gave you his friendship, it was for a lifetime.

He leaves behind his parents; sister, Tina Barnum; Jeff Barnum, whom he felt was his brother; God parents Karen and Ken Halldorson. He shared a special bond with his nieces, Brittany, Hailey and Sabrina, whom he cherished and provided sometimes unwanted advice and his fianc?e, Bobbie Bjergo, who brightened his life, brought new meaning to it and looked forward to a long future with her; along with several aunts, uncles, cousins and numerous friends. Last, but not least, his battle buddy and ever faithful dog, Rosie, who loved taking car rides with him, even more so when she got to sit in the driver’s seat of his corvette. He’d always say he had the smartest dog around!

He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Leonard and Mildred Cook and Almer and Lillian Carlson.

His heart was too big to go around. No greater smile will ever be found. He’s now in Heaven watching over us and we know he wouldn’t like all this fuss. Remember him always in your heart, knowing each new day, he loved from its start. Having him in our life for such a short while, will for now and forever help us each day to smile.

Visitation: Thursday, March 16, 2017 from 5-7 pm at West Funeral Home, West Fargo and also one hour prior to the service at the church on Friday.

Prayer Service: Thursday at 7:00 pm at the funeral home.

Funeral Service: Friday, March 17 at 11:00 am at Faith Lutheran Church, West Fargo.

Interment: North Dakota State Veterans Cemetery, Mandan, ND.

http://www.westfuneralhome.com/notices/Dominic-Cook

https://www.facebook.com/dominic.coo...friends.search

Danny Hess

https://www.facebook.com/danny.hess.9

Danny Hess, 23, of Maple Grove, passed away accidentally on March 30, 2017. He was born June 29, 1993, in Minneapolis and grew up in Maple Grove. He is survived by parents, Pete and Cindy; brother, DJ; grandmothers, Harriet Hess of Sauk Rapids and Maddie Banwell of St. Louis Park; and many other family members and friends. He was preceded in death by grand-fathers, Bill Hess and Jerry Banwell; and uncle, Billy Hess. Danny was always a beautiful combination of hard and soft. A talented athlete, Danny was known for his strength and drive to win. Yet, he was gentle and sweet with grandmothers, babies, and dogsespecially his beloved Rookie. He enjoyed hunting and fishing with Pete and DJ yet also loved clothes shopping with Cindy. Danny's family will forever be comforted by memories of his radiant smile, sparkling eyes, and best hugs ever. His many friends will remember him as fiercely loyal, funny, and warm. A celebration of life has been held. A memorial fund is being established to support activity fees and scholarships for athletes in need at Maple Grove High School. Mail donations to Danny Hess Memorial Fund, 8229 Xene Lane N, Maple Grove, MN 55311. hodroffepstein.com
    Read more at http://www.startribune.com/obituarie...K45iUH4KWra.99

Last edited by Olivia; 05-22-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Erick Taft

https://www.facebook.com/erick.taft.1?ref=br_rs

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/0...t-carfentanil/

The mother of a man who died from a new lethal strain of synthetic heroin is speaking out.

Erick Taft, 31, is one of five people from Minnesota who have died after taking carfentanil.

The illegal drug is 100 times more potent than fentanyl, the drug connected to the death of Prince.

Anne Taft-Wild thinks if more users and family and friends of users knew about this deadly synthetic heroin, they would do more to get their loved ones to kick the habit.

She hopes her son’s story helps other parents realize how important it is to intervene before it too late.

“He was just his own person and he tried to do the best that he could with everything that he was dealt,” Taft-Wild said.

She says her son always wore a smile on his face.

“I feel like I talked to Erick til I was blue in the face,” Taft-Wild said.

She says her son battled an addiction to alcohol for years. She says his smile was capable of hiding the demons he fought alone from his family and friends.

“They knew he was drinking a lot, but the heroin, no,” Taft-Wild said.

She says Erick came clean a couple of months before he died, telling her he was using heroin. He checked himself into a facility.

“He came out of there clean, they had him a prescription for soboxine which is a heroin substitute like methadone, and that’s what he had sitting on his desk when the police were there taking pictures of him dead on the floor,” Taft-Wild said.

Erick’s battle with heroin ended on the floor of his home in north Minneapolis on Jan. 30. Taft-Wild says the medical examiner told her he died quickly because of the amount of carfentanil that was in his system.

“I asked if he had any heroin in his system because it usually is mixed,” she said. “He thought he was buying heroin I’m sure. No heroin, it was straight carfentanil.”

Taft-Wild says parents should not be afraid to take their children to treatment, and friends should speak up if they suspect someone is using.

She thinks if Erick’s friends had known he had a problem, they would have helped him get the support he needed to stop.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar is co-author of a bi-partisan bill that’s aimed at cracking down on the shipment of synthetic heroin from overseas.

The STOP Act would give United States Postal Service tools to track and stop packages containing carfentanil from entering the country.

Taft, Erick Robert of Mpls., MN. Born January 17, 1986, died suddenly Jan. 30, 2017 at the age of 31. Preceded in death by stepdad Ken Wild. Survived by mom Anne Taft-Wild; grandma Shirley Wild; father Wladimir Kotsenowsky; close, dear life partner Kristen Shaw; and many aunts, uncles, cousins & friends. Life Celebration Sun., Feb. 12, 2017 at Glen Haven Memorial Gardens, 5125 W. Broadway Ave., Crystal 55429. 1pm-2pm Wake, with 2pm Ceremony.
    Read more at http://www.startribune.com/obituarie...OcwJkOUcI0Q.99

Last edited by Olivia; 05-22-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Siri Bergstrom

https://www.facebook.com/siribee

Bergstrom, Siri Ann age 33 of Mounds View passed away 2/4/17. Survived by children, Isis, Mason, Stephen and Harper; parents, Peter Bergstrom and Judy Bergstrom; siblings, Erik and Kirsten. Funeral service Friday 2/10/17 at 12 noon with visitation 1 hour prior at: Washburn-McReavy.com Hillside Chapel 612-781-1999 2610 19th Ave.
    Read more at http://www.startribune.com/obituarie...C28x3lYzq1T.99

Last edited by Olivia; 05-22-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Robin Renee English

Robin Renee English, age 34, journeyed to the Spirit World on Thursday, February 16th.

She was born on July 18th, 1982 in Bemidji, MN the daughter of Dale G. English Sr. and Lorie A. Applebee. Robin was a humorous, family orientated, outgoing, kind hearted, loving person, creative, self – motivated with a unique style to everything in life. Loved and adored by everyone. Robin went to school in Red Lake, also attending The Circle of Nation School of Wahpeton, North Dakota. She was involved in Volleyball, cheerleading and was a fancy dancer. She was welcomed into the Powwow circle traditional native customs. LaShaun was her true love. Her number one jewel her daughter LeLa Robinson.

She worked as a custodial engineer at Target Field.

Survived by her mother: Lori Applebee; daughter: LeLa Robinson; brothers: Thomas Applebee, Fabian English, and Adrian Johnson; sisters: Anngena English, Katrina English, Mariza Guzman, and Rhiannin Johnson; other relatives and friends.

Preceded in death by her father: Dale English Sr., her brother: Dale English Jr., and cousin: Amberosa Martin, numerous other relatives.

Funeral services for Robin English were held on Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 at 1:00 P.M. at Little Rock Community Center, Red Lake, Minnesota. Interment at Saint John's Episcopal Cemetery in Red Lake, Minnesota.

An all-night wake was held on Sunday, February 19th beginning at 7:00 P.M. at Little Earth Community Gym in Minneapolis. Further all-night wake also held on Monday, February 20th beginning at 7:00 P.M. at Little Rock Community Center, in Red lake, Minnesota.

Honorary Casket Bearers: Anngena English, Katrina English, Mariza Guzman, Valerie Dejarlat, Victoria Cree, Holy English, LeLa Robinson and Valentina Zaragoza.

Casket Bearers: Jay "Beto" Applebee, Thomas Applebee, Jorge Castelo, Angel Ramirez, Donnie Lussier, Gorge Sumner, Charles Curry and Lashaun Robinson.

The Chilson Funeral Home in Winsted, Minnesota is serving the family.

http://www.redlakenationnews.com/sto...ish/57512.html

Melanie Beck

Melanie Beth Beck, age 43, of Faribault, MN, passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday, February 14, 2017, at her home.

A gathering time for family and friends will take place on Sunday, February 19, 2017 from 4:30 – 5:00 p.m. at the Chapel of the Good Shepherd, 1000 Shumway Ave., Faribault, MN, on the Shattuck-St. Mary’s Campus. A time for prayer and remembrance will be at 5:00 p.m.

Arrangements are with the Parker Kohl Funeral Home & Crematory.

For online condolences and further information, please visit www.ParkerKohlFuneralHome.com

Melanie Beth was born on October 24, 1973 in Miami, FL to Kenneth Herriott and Patricia Dilmore. Melanie was raised in the Miami area and attended college in Florida. She was married to Daniel J. Beck on November 30, 2002, in Fort Myers, FL. They lived in Lehigh Acres, FL, and Waterloo, Iowa, prior to moving to Faribault in 2012. Melanie enjoyed being a mother and had great joy while interacting with her children.

She is survived by her husband, Daniel Beck; daughters, Carly Hitchcock and Jordan Beck; step-children, Damon Beck and Alissha Disla; mother, Patricia (Eric) Stubkjaer; father, Ken (Haley) Herriott; sister, Lisa (Dan) Piel; mother-in-law, Florence Beck; and many nieces, nephews, and other relatives and friends.

She was preceded in death by her father-in-law, Myron Beck.

http://www.parkerkohlfuneralhome.com...ck/#!/Obituary

https://www.facebook.com/melanie.beckherriott

I actually considered ordering some of this stuff but decided not to.

Ugh there are just SO many cases happening all around here in MN, with even more all the time it seems

In the past, I'd make occasional jokes in reference to elephant/horse tranquilizer use... but not anymore

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I did a bit of research. That stuff is DANGEROUS! First responders can't even touch it because they may die. Yet one person listed purposely used it to try to get high. That's so sad. Another person was had it mixed with Kartom, on purpose or accidentally? Someone snorted coke laced with it... And on and on. It just gets sadder and sadder. I
    I read on Rolling Stone that drug dealers lace their drugs with this junk because the few that don't die will tell everyone how good their drugs are.. What happened to responsible... Oh wait.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Wow. That's insane. This stuff is crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Someone here put Carfentanil in weed and people died.
    If i die, and it comes out this shit is in my system this is why - this is my biggest fear atm, after reading all of these over the past year.

So fucking sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    If i die, and it comes out this shit is in my system this is why - this is my biggest fear atm, after reading all of these over the past year.

So fucking sad.
    Same. I can't wait until January when it's legal for recreational use and I can buy it over the counter. It's been legal for medicinal for a while, but although even with having MS I've refused to get a card because I just don't feel comfortable having it listed anywhere that I use it. I have a trusted source that I've had for over a decade, but regardless they have to get it from somewhere and I don't know where they get it from. It will be nice to know the source a bit better.

Although, it's still federally illegal and if Trump has anything to say about it I'll still be left without. We have to keep the Big Pharm happy, don't we?
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I have always hated weed. Shit made me paranoid and tired and hungry. No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I just left rehab (not for heroin) not too long ago and 90% of the people in there were there for heroin AND the majority of them have had numerous overdoses.

All of them knew numerous people who have died from fentanyl being in heroin. I can't imagine how much that number is going to increase with this shit.

It's morbid, but I think about how many or who is going to die from my rehab group.

Quote Originally Posted by skyeee View Post
    I just left rehab (not for heroin) not too long ago and 90% of the people in there were there for heroin AND the majority of them have had numerous overdoses.

All of them knew numerous people who have died from fentanyl being in heroin. I can't imagine how much that number is going to increase with this shit.

It's morbid, but I think about how many or who is going to die from my rehab group.
    I went last year and about half were there for alcohol. There were a few there for heroin, most of the addicts were pills (oxys, etc).

Skyee: it is sad but true. 2 have passed away from my rehab group - 1 OD and the other suicide.
    Last edited by Nic B; 05-24-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Wish they would just go ahead and legalize weed already.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Same. I can't wait until January when it's legal for recreational use and I can buy it over the counter. It's been legal for medicinal for a while, but although even with having MS I've refused to get a card because I just don't feel comfortable having it listed anywhere that I use it. I have a trusted source that I've had for over a decade, but regardless they have to get it from somewhere and I don't know where they get it from. It will be nice to know the source a bit better.

Although, it's still federally illegal and if Trump has anything to say about it I'll still be left without. We have to keep the Big Pharm happy, don't we?
    I think it will be a good 30 years before it's legal here
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

Well, you all know if I go from anything and they don't know why right away...it's this. I buy my weed from 1 person, thankfully, I also live in a rural area...I hope they don't brind that junk here. It would probably wipe out half of the population. Both on the weed and the heroin.

Man if that's all you need of that shit to kill you, you would wanna make sure your scales were good !
    That's fuckin insane

Thread Information