Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Singer/Songwriter Chris Cornell (52) committed suicide by hanging

I've been a fan for 20 some years. Sadly, I said drugs were involved before anyone said anything about pills. The thing is, with ativans, u take 1, don't feel any better so u take a 2nd, still nothing, well fuck it, pop a couple more. Then they kick in and u are on ur ass. I don't think suicide itself, but maybe as Queen said, he got himself twisted up and was just too out of it to get himself free. I may be wrong tho. I'm not a dr, just a gore whore lol

I read it was some sort of exercise band, that was around his neck. Can't remember where I read it, TMZ maybe? It was something linked to my FB when I was scrolling through.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/19/chris-...s-ativan-dead/

Chris Cornell's wife believes her husband's death was actually caused by an overdose of Ativan and that if he took his life he was not in his right mind.
    Vicky Cornell confirms the story we broke Thursday ... that she spoke with Chris twice hours before his death and he was not suicidal ... not even depressed. Vicky says when she spoke with Chris before his Detroit concert they discussed vacation plans over Memorial Day.
    She says after the show when they spoke, she noticed he was slurring his words, and that's when Chris told her he "may have taken an extra Ativan or two."
    The family lawyer is not ready to concede Chris' death was suicide, and says the toxicology tests may provide the key. The lawyer notes Chris was a recovering addict and, "The family believes if Chris took his life, he did not know what he was doing, and that drugs or other substances may have affected his actions." He adds Ativan can cause paranoid or suicidal thoughts.

I heard about this on the radio on the way to work. I literally screamed, and possibly braked out of shock. My whole day was a fog... I don't personally know Chris but like I've seen many people say, his music was the soundtrack of my teenage years.

My thoughts are he suffered from depression since high school, the article in the beginning mentioned that he dropped out of high school because of it. I also have struggled with depression since my teens and know that time doesn't heal... it's a disease and you have it for life IMHO.
    He just performed and is on tour so it's totally possible he's exhausted add that to the fact he took a sedative type medicine, he can easily have had a blackout type episode and passed out and his hairband caught on something and he accidentally hung himself. The hairband is believable because I imagine he was washing his face or something and preparing for bed when the pills kicked in. His wife probably realized how fucked up he was and sent an alert. And her statement about him taking one or two extra makes me wonder how many are his prescribed dose? I guess that doesn't matter, those things are strong as hell. I have literally passed out cold from sedatives and woke up in the exact same position.

I'm devistated but will always love his music and his positive attitude and love for his fans. RIP Chris

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pol...-kill-himself/

According to TMZ, Chris Cornell used "red elastic exercise band" to take his own life after performing at a concert in Detroit Wednesday night. Sources tell the site that the SOUNDGARDEN frontman secured the band attached to a carabiner to the top of his hotel bathroom door. A carabiner is a device commonly used by mountain climbers which they attach to a belt to keep them from falling. The device can withstand enormous weight. Cornell jammed the door shut with the carabiner at the top of the frame. The carabiner was jammed so tight it left an indentation in the door frame.

A police report obtained by The Detroit News reveals that Cornell's wife asked his bodyguard to check on him in his hotel suite because she became concerned when her husband kept repeating "I am just tired" in a telephone conversation with her a short time earlier. The bodyguard, Martin Kirsten, went to Cornell's room in the MGM Grand Hotel just after midnight and kicked two doors open — the front door as well as a second door leading to the bedroom suite — before finding Cornell slumped on the bathroom floor "with blood running from his mouth and a red exercise band around [his] neck."
    I am so glad that my husband and I had the chance to see Soundgarden live, back in late 2012, at a small, intimate show (venue capacity is only 1350) that was a warm up for their reunion tour. It was a really great show, and definitely took me back to my childhood. So sad.

But why would he have a carabiner in the first place? Are they positive it wasn't autoerotic asphyxiation?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Ummmm... Yeah. Short of an actual suicide note, this definitely points to AEA. Unless that's what people prefer. Suicide is more acceptable to society in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'd imagine its easy to tell if its AEA based on if he was fully clothed at the time or not. Pants on and zipped up would be a weird way to masturbate.

Quote Originally Posted by teknansen View Post
    I'd imagine its easy to tell if its AEA based on if he was fully clothed at the time or not. Pants on and zipped up would be a weird way to masturbate.
    That's the thing. They may be trying to secure his legacy. AEA is more embarrassing than suicide. It might also explain why they pronounced it suicide so quickly.

Hmm, true. Question is, would they report that in the news?

My thoughts exactly!! It's eerily similar to Michael Hutchence from INXS...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...beb994f7cf7d26

Never attempted to attach a link before but an article on his death is above. 😓

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    That's the thing. They may be trying to secure his legacy. AEA is more embarrassing than suicide. It might also explain why they pronounced it suicide so quickly.
    Posted before I saw your reply, but this was my thought too.

Regarding the benzos, I have been prescribed many types and now take Ativan for anxiety because I found it to be the most mild of them. Xanax and Klonopin were mind erasers, I'd be told about things I did while on them and be completely shocked and have no memory of it. Ativan comes nowhere close to having that effect. It takes away the anxiety and that's it. Then again I've never taken more than my dosage so I can't say how it would affect me if I did... not really sure why I'm sharing this, other than when I first read his wife was concerned he took too much Ativan I was skeptical and immediately thought AEA. Maybe he took enough Ativan that he just got too relaxed and went too far.

Quote Originally Posted by GheyBoobz View Post
    Posted before I saw your reply, but this was my thought too.

Regarding the benzos, I have been prescribed many types and now take Ativan for anxiety because I found it to be the most mild of them. Xanax and Klonopin were mind erasers, I'd be told about things I did while on them and be completely shocked and have no memory of it. Ativan comes nowhere close to having that effect. It takes away the anxiety and that's it. Then again I've never taken more than my dosage so I can't say how it would affect me if I did... not really sure why I'm sharing this, other than when I first read his wife was concerned he took too much Ativan I was skeptical and immediately thought AEA. Maybe he took enough Ativan that he just got too relaxed and went too far.
    If you read trip reports from people that took lots of Ativan on a site like Erowid you'll find it has the same effects. Doing stuff you dont remember, moving or speaking in sluggish manner.

If you read trip reports from people that took lots of Ativan on a site like Erowid you'll find it has the same effects. Doing stuff you dont remember, moving or speaking in sluggish manner.
    I think the part that gave me the most pause was that his wife said "one or two" extra, which I wouldn't think would do much other than relax you. So the toxicology will answer a lot of questions. I feel terrible for his wife and hope she gets answers.

Forgot to add, it would lower your heart rate as well, which isn't a good combination with AEA.

My final opinion is that it's AEA, but the Coroner and Manager rule Suicide because it saves face and the wife isn't going to buy either and try to attack Big Pharm.

JMHO

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    My final opinion is that it's AEA, but the Coroner and Manager rule Suicide because it saves face and the wife isn't going to buy either and try to attack Big Pharm.

JMHO
    If they released the fact that it was AEA to the family, and they insist on blaming big pharma, it may backfire.

When does personal responsibility come into play? He took the Ativan on his own. How is it big pharmaceuticals fault?

Not that it has anything to do with this case, but I'm getting really tired of people blaming prescription medication for their addiction. Sure, it leads to some people having a problem, but that percentage is small, AND studies have shown that most people who become addicted to pharmaceuticals have some warning signs of addiction. Do a search through the annals of pharmaceutical history and these drugs have been around for decades. Heroin used to be sold over the counter! The difference is now we see addiction more. Personal responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiemoon View Post
    My thoughts exactly!! It's eerily similar to Michael Hutchence from INXS...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...beb994f7cf7d26

Never attempted to attach a link before but an article on his death is above. ��
    and to be fair, it's similar to Robin Williams also. (other than he was at home instead of a motel)
    It's never really been proved that Micheal died from AEA suicide. They was no forensic evidence of that except he was naked.
    The ME's report- http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...beb994f7cf7d26

I watch Autospy on Reelz all the time. (great show) They had Micheal's whole autopsy on and acted out the last 24 hrs of his life.
    But his girlfriend Paula Yates publicly insisted Hutchence had died accidentally during a sex game gone wrong - a fact examined by Dr Shepherd in his episode.
    'In my experience, sadly, it’s not that unusual for happy people to commit suicide without leaving any note and without giving any explanation. In that sense Michael Hutchence death is not unique,' he said.
    'He lived the rock n roll lifestyle for approximately 20 years but in the end it was the mundane pressures of ordinary life that proved too much for him to handle.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4hc33WbEb
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    I think Chris committed suicide. He talked many times about depression- hell, most of the songs he wrote were depressing as hell. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he relapse on the booze again. "slurring words" could also mean he mixed booze with his pills.

Ummmm... Yeah. Short of an actual suicide note, this definitely points to AEA. Unless that's what people prefer. Suicide is more acceptable to society in that case.
    Has anyone ever tried this? Genuinely curious.....
    I can't imagine whacking in in the bathromom with a rope around your neck, could possibly be more glorious than actual sex with his hot wife, or the scores of random hotties who would fuck him.
    Seriously what is the draw in this? Just to catch a rush? Reminds me of the squeeze the shit out of someone after hyperventilating shit we used to do as kids. That was stupid also.

[QUOTE=bermstalker;3733072]and to be fair, it's similar to Robin Williams also. (other than he was at home instead of a motel)
    It's never really been proved that Micheal died from AEA suicide. They was no forensic evidence of that except he was naked.
    The ME's report- http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...beb994f7cf7d26

I watch Autospy on Reelz all the time. (great show) They had Micheal's whole autopsy on and acted out the last 24 hrs of his life.

I love that show!!
    It reminded me of Michael's death due to the similarities in how he was found and the fact that they're both super hot, talented musicians that I adored. I personally don't believe the AEA theory only because I don't want to, even if that truly was the case.
    I agree with your theory of suicide due to depression. He had a history of it stemming from high school, he even dropped out because of it.
    I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety in my 20's but I suffered from it since age 11 and still do to this day. I'm fortunate that I have a great support system and Dr who help me continue to manage it. I know there have been moments where I was convinced it was the only option and as an adult it hasn't gotten any easier. If anything it gets a little harder to discuss at times.
    I hope his family can find closure and peace. He touched so many lives in more ways than he may have known.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
    Has anyone ever tried this? Genuinely curious.....
    I can't imagine whacking in in the bathromom with a rope around your neck, could possibly be more glorious than actual sex with his hot wife, or the scores of random hotties who would fuck him.
    Seriously what is the draw in this? Just to catch a rush? Reminds me of the squeeze the shit out of someone after hyperventilating shit we used to do as kids. That was stupid also.
    I think that the lack of oxygen while having a orgasm is supposed to be a very good feeling.

Wikipedia says...
    Author John Curra wrote, "The carotid arteries (on either side of the neck) carry oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the brain. When these are compressed, as in strangulation or hanging, the sudden loss of oxygen to the brain and the accumulation of carbon dioxide can increase feelings of giddiness, lightheadedness, and pleasure, all of which will heighten masturbatory sensations."[2]

Author George Shuman describes the effect as such, "When the brain is deprived of oxygen, it induces a lucid, semi-hallucinogenic state called hypoxia. Combined with orgasm, the rush is said to be no less powerful than cocaine, and highly addictive."[3]

Concerning hallucinogenic states brought about by chronic hypoxia, Dr. E L Lloyd notes that they may be similar to the hallucinations experienced by climbers at altitude. He further notes that no such state occurs in hypoxia brought about by sudden aircraft decompression at altitude. These findings suggest to him that they do not arrive purely from a lack of oxygen. Upon examining the studies on hypoxia he found that "abnormalities in the cerebral neurochemistry involving one or more of the interconnected neurotransmitters, dopamine, 5-hydroxytryptamine, and β-endorphin had been reported in all the conditions associated with hallucinations."[4]

JMHO
    Absolutely disagree.
    The reason benzos can be a danger is they relax you, lower your inhibitions and can kick up depression. A HUGE number of suicides occur when someone is under the influence because it lowers inhibitions and makes it harder to think things through. The emotions become dominant. A depressed person who drinks (or with an addiction history and takes benzos) when they are already in a bad state can get to the "fuck it" impulse stage really really quickly.

AEA has been linked to celebrity deaths before - if it was indicated, it would come out.

ETA: He also has a profound psychiatric history- he has been open about his diagnoses and struggle with depression and suicidality. I think you guys are looking for zebras to match the hoofbeats.
    Last edited by Monter; 05-20-2017 at 08:41 AM. Reason: adding stuff
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

I wondered about AEA too, and wondered if he was found fully clothed, if he'd maybe just been setting it up, and didn't even have a chance to pull his dick out before it all went horribly wrong, especially if he was already out of it from the pills. It was also an elastic band, so I can see thinking it's not too tight until it was too late, it it just hit the right pressure point on his neck, he could have passed out in less than a minute.

My husband has a theory that it's also possible that he was trying to decompress his own neck, if he was having issues with an injury or pain, but we couldn't find anything that suggested he had any previous neck problems. Kinda like what an inversion table would do. My dad had neck problems, and had a whole elaborate setup to do this, but his did not involve anything that was actually hanging, he had a chair rigged up with shit he would tie around his neck. I could see it.

Right after we found out he was dead, but before there was any talk about it being suicide, I'd said to my husband that I was glad we had seen them live, but that I was bummed they hadn't played 'pretty noose', because it was my favourite song of theirs. It kinda creeps me out now thinking about that, and even though the song wasn't actually about suicide, I will never be able to hear it the same way again.

Well he was an amazing singer... So many of the Grunge scene's singers have died.
    He and Scott Weiland were probably the best singers from that genre and era.

I could cover STP, but Chris.... he could wail.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
    Well he was an amazing singer... So many of the Grunge scene's singers have died.
    He and Scott Weiland were probably the best singers from that genre and era.

I could cover STP, but Chris.... he could wail.....
    I think one of the best voices during that age was layne Stanley. I still get a tear in my eye thinking of the wasted talent.

Thread Information